HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Vs. The Colbert Report, Which do you think is more informative/funny?
Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
That One Dude
post Sep 23 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,559

Anyone who bothers to watch these shows in Comedy Central should know that both these guys own.

Jon Stewart, with his witty jokes and insight on other current issues in America.

And then there's Stephen Colbert with his mocking type of view on other current issues.

Personally, I think the Colbert Report is funnier and more informative in certain issues.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 23 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #2

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Daily Show on both counts.
Colbert is great and he's good at satire but he's not that informative. He mentions more news articles but doesn't go in depth with most of them. His interviews are solid though.
His comedy is his strong point and he's ballsy at times but for the most part it's kind of predictable. America = #1 followed by some ironic comment that says otherwise.

TDS just kicks it's [All hail lord Xenu]. Because Jon isn't playing a character no one minds if he gets serious for moments (this comes across more in his interviews) and feels more honest. He's also got a sharp eye for political BS and while he has clear liberal bias he's not that partisan. He also has a solid team behind him which helps out a lot. Then you have his team of Correspondents and while some of them aren't to great at satire they're all fairly funny (John Oliver really needs to go more like Colbert because right now he's not doing himself justice.)

So yeah, my love goes Stewart although Colbert is certainly a solid act. (Have I Got News For You is way better though, at least is used to be...)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7582521.stm (listen to the recording about half way down the page for an expanded version of the article)

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Colette
post Sep 24 2008, 05:42 AM
Post #3

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

I've actually never watched either, so I can't say. Hear a lot about both, though, mostly good things. I'll have to give them a try one day.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 12:08 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css