HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
If They Had The Election For Fuhrer: "Fuhrer" Roy Mustang or Olivier Armstrong? Or Someone Else?, Who would you choose as the Fuhrer? Caution! Manga Spoilers insid
Roy Mustang or Olivier Armstrong? Or someone else?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 80
Guests cannot vote 
CodenameElizabet...
post Oct 19 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,714

~ Major General Armstrong: Future Fuhrer?, Is Arakawa setting up for something HUGE here? ~

You know, I have had this thought in the back of my head ever since chapter 74 (or something like that... the one where Gen. Armstrong comes to Central and takes over Raven's post.)
Is Arakawa setting up to have her become the next Fuhrer? Might explain some of the animosity between her and Mustang.

We can all be pretty certain that Bradley will be exposed for what he is, AND that his forces will fall by the end of the series, so it is logical to set up some sort of succession strategy. I don't think that Arakawa would have an inexperienced thirty-something like Mustang actually achieve this lofty goal. He is not even close to being top-brass in the military, so it would make very little sense. Now, Armstrong on the other hand, has the experience and rank necessary to take over a leadership position over the Amestrian military forces. I mean, she DID pretty much reign supreme of Briggs for how many years. I always got the impression that no one from Central really screwed with the soldiers up there. (But then again- who in thier right mind would want to screw with Gen. Armstrong?)

Perhaps, if she does assume the ultimate leadership role, she would appoint Mustang and his crew as her aides. That is supposing Mustang redeems himself in her eyes by the end of the manga.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tammertime
post Oct 19 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 52,395

Like I said in the AB ones. Her choice in uniform definately gives a clue. But I feel the same sort of animosity towards the General, as Mustang gets from others. When she walked into that meeting, no one looked very happy... But Mustang is too inexperienced, and has a lot to do before he can give himself to that job. But he's a main character, and he'll wind up probably getting the job in the end, unless something crazy happens. Though I'm rooting for Armstrong in the meantime! WoOt!
Though maybe Mustang would be happy with just a lot of power, and doesn't need to be Fuhrer. that way he can still be the fun, social guy we love. And maybe even start a family?!?!? gasp!

+Quote Post
Izumi Sensai
post Oct 19 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 52,399

*Shudders at the thought of Mustang actually settling down*
Imagine if he and Riza finally tied the knot and had kids together.
I give you this visual... Riza potty training.
I wonder what caliber weapon she would use for that.
biggrin.gif
BTW I been meaning to sign up here thanks for the push.
"QD"

--------------------

+Quote Post
tammertime
post Oct 19 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Maybe he should be Fuhrer just to avoid all of that...

Slightly off-topic. I really want Izumi and Armstrong to meet eventually.... GAWd, that'd interesting.

+Quote Post
Izumi Sensai
post Oct 19 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Oooh...That could be interesting depending on the circumstances.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Oct 19 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(Izumi Sensai @ Oct 19 2007, 03:58 PM) *
I give you this visual... Riza potty training.
I wonder what caliber weapon she would use for that.
biggrin.gif

I think the conversation would go more along the lines of:

"Roy-- I've been thinking, and it's about time we get little Roy Jr. out of those diapers. Let the potty-training begin."

"Uhh... honey? I really think you ought to let ME handle this one..."

(If you desire RoiAi crack, just go here:
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...hp?showtopic=35
It's probably the largest thread on the boards.)

This does make me think of that one chapter where Armstrong first meets Raven, and she mentions something about how 'most women her age already have children.' I def. see her as more of a career woman than a mother though-- which is why I can see her character being a suitable fuhrer.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Izumi Sensai
post Oct 19 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Armstrong is a smart woman.
Of course I can see the Armstrong clan being a bit overly fussy as to who would be worthy enough to sustain their "Traditions" and the all important "Armstrong Family Line".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kiarrens
post Oct 19 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 46,072

Who says ANYONE's going to get the job? smile.gif Remember, at the end of the anime/in the movie, the government had become a democracy of sorts, and while the manga and anime certainly have headed in different directions, Arakawa-san had sway over the story arc of the anime.
This being the case, perhaps the manga is going to end in somewhat the same manner, if not exactly. I'm already seeing correlations with the end of Chapter 76 and Episode 50 - you see what I mean?

--------------------

~Kia-chan
Check out my: AMVs, Cosplay, and fantasy novel. ^^

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Oct 19 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

If there is a position for a new leader of sorts open I think Roy will have a hard time running against her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tammertime
post Oct 19 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #10

Citizen

QUOTE(Kiarrens @ Oct 19 2007, 04:33 PM) *
Who says ANYONE's going to get the job? smile.gif Remember, at the end of the anime/in the movie, the government had become a democracy of sorts, and while the manga and anime certainly have headed in different directions, Arakawa-san had sway over the story arc of the anime.

I wonder what she would do if it became a democracy. Mustang turned all emo in the movie, so what would it do to her?!?

QUOTE(Izumi Sensai @ Oct 19 2007, 03:04 PM) *
Of course I can see the Armstrong clan being a bit overly fussy as to who would be worthy enough to sustain their "Traditions" and the all important "Armstrong Family Line".

Ah, yes. Though I'm really not seeing the Armstrong line continuing after this generation... Forgive me if anyone thinks differently... tongue.gif

Roy will definately have a hard time beating her for the position, that's for sure!

+Quote Post
Triss Hawkeye
post Oct 20 2007, 07:47 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,067

That's an interesting suggestion. Although Roy's been around in the manga since almost th beginning and Armstrong's relatively new, so we would expect that he would become Fuhrer simply because we know that's been his goal for a long time, who says Arakawa's going to do what we expect? Still, I'd still root for Roy if only because I want him to become Fuhrer. Whether he will or not is hard to tell at this stage. If he plays a very key role in overthrowing Bradley and Father, it might be that he would be promoted in recognition of that. Again, whether or not to Fuhrer remains to be seen.

--------------------
"You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
~C.S. Lewis~

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 21 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #12

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(tammertime @ Oct 19 2007, 11:11 PM) *
Ah, yes. Though I'm really not seeing the Armstrong line continuing after this generation... Forgive me if anyone thinks differently... tongue.gif

Maybe the other 2 sisters (the 2nd and 3rd child of the family) are already married and already have kids? XDDDDDDDDDDD

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
tammertime
post Oct 21 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #13

Citizen

QUOTE(AA battery @ Oct 21 2007, 03:21 AM) *

Maybe the other 2 sisters (the 2nd and 3rd child of the family) are already married and already have kids? XDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah. I REALLY want to meet those other two...

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Oct 22 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE(AA battery @ Oct 21 2007, 03:21 AM) *

Don't forget the youngest, Catherine. She could very well continue the Armstrong line.

Well, at the moment Olivier is probably the highest ranking official that isn't corrupt. She's infiltrated the Top Brass, and knows what she's dealing with from the information both Ed and Raven gave her. She's kept the soldiers of Briggs loyal to her and only her. I wonder what their plan is for their new General from Central. We'll see her enough by the end of the series to get a good take on her character, and where she's going. She is our insight as to what is going on at the top of the food chain, military-wise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tammertime
post Oct 22 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #15

Citizen

QUOTE(Causmicfire @ Oct 22 2007, 10:23 AM) *
Well, at the moment Olivier is probably the highest ranking official that isn't corrupt.

In addition to that-
Besides the Fuhrer, she's the highest ranking officer we know, right? Unless I'm forgetting someone...
Grumman was demoted, Raven's in concrete, and Hakuro's out of Central...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 12:47 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css