Reply to this topicStart new topic
Any Anime Made You Cry?, Post your "Tear Jerkers"
Rainshine
post Dec 27 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #346

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,866

I did cry while watching Conqueror of Shambala, when Alfons died, but I think that that's mostly the only time I've actually cried. However, me and my friend have decided that sad movies/moments/whatever can be divided into ones that make you cry, and ones that make you ache. The aching ones are much worse than the crying ones, I think.
For example, every time I watch Marley & Me I bawl my little eyes out, but when I watched Brokeback Mountain, I didn't cry. I ached. The tragedy of it kept me up at night and sent me into a little depression for a few days. c: /hypersensitive
So while I haven't had many crying moments, I've had my fair share of aching moments.
In FMA:B, Nina, Hughes, the whole ending in general; I ached. And Death Note, oh man. Light's death more than L's, actually. Though Light was a twisted murderer, I liked him more. I felt for him more. Aaand Wolf's Rain. Just the whole ending, that they went through so much to find this "paradise." Just... everything. I don't even know.

Butyeah. Those are my aching/crying animes. :|

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 18 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #347

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

The most tear jerking anime I've ever watched is MOST CERTIANLY Clannad and Clannad After Story. Ohhh my goodness. SO many times. When you learn Kotomi's true story, Nagisa's death, Mesia's cat, Tomoya apologizing to Ushio, when Nagisa's performing her play and she has a break down. SOOO many times. But the music especially adds to it! It's gives off such a sad mood TT___TT

But it's still one of the best anime's I've ever watched.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post Jan 19 2011, 06:46 AM
Post #348

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

Romeo x Juliet. Even though I knew that they were going to die in the end (since it is Romeo and Juliet, lol), it still made me cry! ;___;
I think I cried a couple of times while watching FMA Brotherhood. XD And I think it's weird that I cried for minor characters and antagonists instead of the main characters. XD Like when Dr Knox's wife and son came back, and Knox was crying. ;____; And the whole scene about Envy's death. OH OH! But I did cry once for a main character--I can't remember exactly, probably Episode 63, when Ed called Hoho "dad". ;____; XD

+Quote Post
Senri.
post Jun 7 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #349

Citizen

Member No.: 81,329

Reborn:Epi.63-64
FMA: Epi.62-64
Clannand:(can't remember)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_~Dark Flames~_*
post Jun 7 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #350

Guests

There are not many anime that had actually made me cry although FMA came pretty close...I almost cried during the last four episodes of Brotherhood. Oh and the first anime and the Conqueror of Shamballa were also pretty sad and depressing at times although I can't recall that I've actually cried.

+Quote Post
HawkseyeM1910
post Jun 10 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #351

Citizen

Member No.: 80,381

I didn't cry for the first FMA but for FMAB I definitely teared up at parts

I cried when I watched Code Geass (several times), Naruto Shippuuden, Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Wing...there's so much more that I cried too. I'll look overemotional if I list them all O.O

--------------------

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Jun 14 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #352

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

Well, of course, FMA made me cry... the first anime was much more emotional but I don't remember really crying (it was mostly Hughes' death with his "ghost" waving at Edward sad.gif , Elysia's reaction at the Funeral, Nina's fate and Trisha's failed transmutation by her sons) while Brotherhood really made cry once (again, it's related to Hughes' death... it was the moment when Winry came to see Gracia and Elysia... and Elysia opened the door expecting to see her father... and then Edward and Winry closed the door and heard Gracia crying... it was too sad for me).

And then :

Fruits Basket : I watched this when I was slightly younger and remember laughing and liking a lot the characters. I thought this anime was so touching and funny. The episode (episode 9 I think) about Hatori and Kana broke the humor (it was seriously sad, I felt so sorry for them, especially Hatori), and then the series resumed being hilarious and cute until the ending... and I cried like a baby. The scene between Tohru and her two best friends at the cemetary was powerful and of course, the hug between Tohru and Kyo when he returned to his human self (and Kyo's japanese VA did a great job... he always does anyway wub.gif ). Such a tearjeaker, those 2 last episodes.

Cowboy Bebop : when Faye watched the videotape about her younger self and she said "I don't remember..." and teared up. Also, when she did remember her past and she found ruins instead of a house and family waiting for her. And then, there was the ending (Faye really had no luck, the gang seriously got split up and Spike got a tragic ending... I thought it was well done and everything... but still sad) and Vincent's story in the movie.

Wolf's Rain : The whole anime tongue.gif ? No, let see... mainly Cher, Toboe and Cheza's death. But seriously, the whole thing was depressing from start to finish so it's hard to pick moments.

Nana : Hachi and Nobu's break up. I cried buckets watching this scene and always hated what the author decided for them (which means, Nobu to get into shallow relationships instead of fighting for Hachi... and Hachi to marry the most despicable man there is on earth just because she suddenly discovered he got her pregnant). I'm also sad and disappointed to see how are Nana and her friendship with Hachi now... I guess it happened because the author wasn't feeling well (she didn't finish the story because of her illness but I hope she will, one day).

Evangelion : Misato crying while listening Kaji's message. And the moments between Rei and Shinji were always moving. This series was so depressing/messed up but... I still loved it.

Lucky Star : Pretty unexpected, knowing the series is so funny and random. But it touched me when Konata's mom visited her family.

Escaflowne : Most of Van/Hitomi moments were full of emotions (and tension). There was also that moment when Merle prayed for Van's safety... it's really touching when she gets serious like that, knowing she's such a hyperactive funny pest most of the time.

Then, there are animated movies, such as Grave of the Fireflies (you CAN'T not cry while watching this), The Girl who Leapt through Time, The Lion King (Mufasa's death was something when I was little... but I cried just listening to the opening of the broadway play when I went to see it *and my mother was crying as well laugh.gif *), Bambi (pure childhood's memories), Wall-E (the ending) and Tangled (idem)...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Jul 14 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #353

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

Watching anime online doesn't really make me cry, or anime in general.
There are only two animes I have ever cried watching.
1. The ending of Digimon Adventure
2. The ending of FMA 2003 Version
3. Does it really count but the ending of CoS

I have gotten teary eyed many times: The ending of Silver Fang, The last two episodes of Brotherhood, they are the first that come to mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KelticWolf
post Sep 28 2011, 03:04 AM
Post #354

Citizen

Member No.: 84,785

I can't remember on what specific parts but my girlfriend cried during Brotherhood at least twice. Mainly over Al(Her favorite character). I'm glad hes not a real person or he would probably be able to give me a run for my money in dating her. :3

And for me, I would have to say I've never bawled over an anime, but I got teary eyed over that one FMA movie... It was on "Stars" channel awhie after I stopped reading/watching FMA. Can't remember the name, But they were in our world as opposed to theirs.

+Quote Post
4de
post Jan 24 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #355

Citizen

Member No.: 73,512

sailor moon:the sailors scouts died in the first season

mobile suit Nu gundam char's counterattack: epic final! long live Amuro ray and Char Aznable.

fullmetal alchemist: Hughes's death
fullmetal alchemist brotherhood: the epic final

--------------------

+Quote Post
hondaalchemist
post Feb 18 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #356

Citizen

Member No.: 89,401

QUOTE (HawkseyeM1910 @ Jun 10 2011, 05:39 PM) *
I didn't cry for the first FMA but for FMAB I definitely teared up at parts

I cried when I watched Code Geass (several times), Naruto Shippuuden, Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Wing...there's so much more that I cried too. I'll look overemotional if I list them all O.O

Code Gaess was a real tear jerker at times. Like when Shirley died, but what got me the most was the very end when Nunnally said that she just wanted to live a happy life with Lelouch or whatever.

When I watched Brotherhood I really only got teary eyed when it ended just because of the fact that it was over and I had gotten attached to the characters.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css