HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 25 Discussion, Season Finale!, Words of Farewell (Major Spoiler Alaert!!!)
Animeoldtimer
post Apr 30 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,503

Interesting, They have "Her Reason" on the schedule, but they did not have a preview.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
~FMAgurl~
post Apr 30 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 5,210

QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 1 2005, 12:25 AM)
Okay, I know that this is really off-subject, but I saw the commercial for the two FMA DVDs like three times while watching this, and does anyone know where I can get them?? I need to be able to see this again, and cruddy VHS recordings won't cut it.
[snapback]164180[/snapback]

I think you can get them at Suncoast. I'm not completely sure though.

--------------------

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh." -Angels and Demons

**My sig and avy are NOT my photography**

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 30 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

Well, it's happened at last. The moment we've awaited with dread for the past six months... and Hughes is gone. All I can say without getting all worked up again is, rest in peace, Brigideer General Maes.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 30 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #34

Guests

When they showed Maes waving it was more of him imagining them returning. As they passed and Ed looked out the train to see if he was still there was symbolism of well...you know.

+Quote Post
fullmetal_gradst...
post Apr 30 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 10,673

Gotta give props to AS for taking the hit and showing the entire intro + the entire ending (minus next episode's preview, but that's pretty forgivable). I was a little disappointed in Roy's VA on this one, and it seemed like they warped that line about it starting to rain. (Isn't the point that Roy's making excuses for his tears? The dub totally lost that connotation.) Anyway, I think they did a pretty decent job with a very difficult and important episode.

--------------------
Eternium elder: Fry, it is my duty to inform you that the fate of humanity, the fate of our race, indeed, the fate of all that exists and ever will exist rests with you. You are the single most important person in the universe.

Fry: Oh snap!

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 30 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #36

Guests

[Thanks Full Plastic. I had an inkiling of what you said.

+Quote Post
HimuraKenshin979
post Apr 30 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 12,923

Saddest.... episode..... ever. I want to die. I loved Hughes so much... he was such a good person. Oh god... here come the tears again... damn it!!!

--------------------
and all female offiicers will be required to wear... TINY MINISKIRTS!!!

+Quote Post
«°~Gluttony™~°»
post Apr 30 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 12,822

QUOTE(HimuraKenshin979 @ Apr 30 2005, 09:53 PM)
Saddest.... episode..... ever.  I want to die.  I loved Hughes so much...  he was such a good person.  Oh god... here come the tears again...  damn it!!!
[snapback]164240[/snapback]

how can you cry cause a animated person died huh.gif tongue.gif but even thou I don't get that emtional on anime's I didn't expect him to die.

--------------------
Daughter(s) Winry Rockbell Elric
LiL SiS(s) ~FMAgurl~, Full Blade Alchemist, Fullmetal Fangirl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Kit, MustEd4ever, Drina, Jen_Elric
LiL Bro(s) foolmetal alchemist, GreedEnvyWrath
If you want to be my lil or big bro or sis or even my daughter or son pm me I'm 26

user posted image
^yes this pic is one of my own creations ^

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 30 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 6,124

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Damn it Hughes shut the hell up! Just shut up!"
That's what I kept saying when Hughes was walking down the hall behind Ms. Douglas. What the hell is the matter with him, he pretty much knew that he was going to die. Then when he got Envy in the throat with his knife I was just like "Please be dead. Please be dead", even though I knew that she wasn't. Man this sucks, Hughes is such a great person too. I don't know what was worse, waiting to see if he would actually die, or the funeral afterwords with all the sadness.
GRRRR! Did I mention that this sucks.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post May 1 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

Envy is such a * beep* Hughs was a very cool person.
How could he do such a thing? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Obcessed Mechani...
post May 1 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 11,426

How, how could Major Hughes die? I was sobbing, practically. That man was a Saint. And how cruel of Envy to take the form of his wife and then shoot him! And poor, poor Elysia, not knowing what was going on! How sad, sad! *wears total black* One of the best characters of Full Metal Alchemist, being shot. The insanity of it all! T__T

--------------------
Al is hot. Ed is not. Al is still hot. Ed is still not. Kthxbai.
Winry x Edward forever.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kungfustickman
post May 1 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 2,204

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 30 2005, 10:14 PM)
When they showed Maes waving it was more of him imagining them returning. As they passed and Ed looked out the train to see if he was still there was symbolism of well...you know.
[snapback]164216[/snapback]

No I think they did a horible job. Did anyone else notice those weird cuts? And the weird voices at the end didn't seem right. For some reason I felt a bit cheated. (watched the original) But the original episode itself was a good one. Not to complain or anything... I liked Hughes too.

--------------------
When I become the Fuhrer.....

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post May 1 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 6,124

I didn't notice anything with the voices.
Remember in the preview for this episode(last week) when it showed Al and Ed crying on the train with a purple haze around their heads? I don't remember seeing that in the episode. Did I just miss it, or was that a cut, or something from a future episode.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post May 1 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

hey I remember that too, I wonder why they didn't show it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post May 1 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

^I think it was near the beginning of the episode where they talk about why they aren't going to see their sensei (or do they call that person master in the dub?). If I'm not correct, this scene takes place right after they board the train. They talk about how they will be killed if their sensei finds out that they performed human transmutation and Edo became a dog of the military and that they want to live longer and Al wants to fall in love before he dies:lol:

QUOTE(fullmetal_gradstudent @ Apr 30 2005, 11:22 PM)
Gotta give props to AS for taking the hit and showing the entire intro + the entire ending (minus next episode's preview, but that's pretty forgivable).  I was a little disappointed in Roy's VA on this one, and it seemed like they warped that line about it starting to rain. (Isn't the point that Roy's making excuses for his tears?  The dub totally lost that connotation.)  Anyway, I think they did a pretty decent job with a very difficult and important episode.
[snapback]164226[/snapback]

What exactly did Roy say in that scene? I don't get AS and watched the sub so Roy's line was "It's raining" and it shows the "rain" on his face.

QUOTE(«°~Gluttony™~°» @ May 1 2005, 12:03 AM)
QUOTE(HimuraKenshin979 @ Apr 30 2005, 09:53 PM)
Saddest.... episode..... ever.  I want to die.  I loved Hughes so much...  he was such a good person.  Oh god... here come the tears again...  damn it!!!
[snapback]164240[/snapback]

how can you cry cause a animated person died huh.gif tongue.gif but even thou I don't get that emtional on anime's I didn't expect him to die.
[snapback]164242[/snapback]

Well, if you can cry for a live character from a show/movie, whats the difference if the character is animated? I have never cried watching anything before and I still cried during the funeral scene to the ending. Not bawling or anyhting but still there were tears, Hughes was such a great and loved character.

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 03:38 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css