Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mary-sue Test, Take it NOW.
Sal_san
post Jan 1 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,930

In my opinion, this test only HINTS if your character is a Sue or not. It all comes down to the way you write and develop your character... the test only shows that your character might be a Sue, depending on how you wrote him/her.

On a side note, I got a 7. XD

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Feb 22 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #92

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

i got 54 and all im gonna say is
**** u.
alot of the characters in the story are amazingly powerful. what about my oc. suddenly the world is spinning out of control. i want people to please give me a description of their character and say how they got the score they did.
i mean wth this test is rubbish. it dosent even have all the questions you need on the test.
c'mon dude. i swear.
however, my second character (a main role in my manga) had a score of 47.
how i ask myself can this quiz be correct. it can't cause it is just a piece of software, not ahuman brain. when doing the quiz for own charas i suggest just don't cause the questions won't correspond with the story or the personality of the charas. i got to say that pissed me off loads.
man thats alot of cursing and angst

fear the mighty blue flick

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
KenRik
post May 1 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #93

Citizen

From: Somewhere where the sky is blue and hearts are one.
Member No.: 68,268

smile.gif) my character got a 36. ^^ well the main character at least. well for me, this test means nothing. ^^ i think... hahah. anyways i don't care what it says besides if your character doesn't have a little perks or so, wouldn't it be boring? But on the other hand, yah sure, I myself hate mary sues since they annoy me to the bone. -.- perfect much? anyways. they'll have to start from something then eventually grow to be someone. character development if you will.

truth is, FMA helped me quite a lot. after watching the series, i really appreciated the development of ed throughout the series. i plan to "base" my character out of him. but not similarly "remake" the guy. smile.gif) that would be nuts. dry.gif besides i love ed, and i won't change him anyway. I'll make my own character and learn from the others around me. (from different animes) and eventually, I'll be able to create a round character( sorry if i used the wrong term) that will hopefully teach a wholly lesson to those who walked with him throughout his journey. ^^ hahah. i'm just hoping i don't remake ed. no seriously. dry.gif

smile.gif) anyways, to all you making your characters, gud luck! and hopefully, i'll be able to read/see less mary sues in fanfics/RPGs smile.gif)

--------------------

I'll end this fight with one big blow.

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post May 1 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #94

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,225

I got 0 for my character Catalina...then I retook it and got 9 >>...I made her kinda powerful but shes lacking common sense and shes pouty..

I got 3 for Alexander >> My over protective big brother character >>....

....I think this test is jacked too...I should have gotten like 200 O.o

--------------------
Gone. if you should want to contact me Ill be at My deviantart

+Quote Post
lunneth
post May 3 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #95

Alchemists

thats wierd. my characters aren't really as powerful as the thing asked. plus when it asked about ugliness or fatness it didn't work. most of the questions ask about what would make it a sue. if a person has alot of power but they're ugly it dose'nt make them any less of a sue. you aren't going to have a main character that many people hate. so looking at it the quiz was made by a person who thinks if the main is a sue then they must be ugly or fat or things like that

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post May 3 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #96

Apprentice

^yeah its kind of screwed...I thought there where a few questions that were stupid like "if female does your character have to try to be 10x better then the guys in order to be equal" >> um...isn't that usually the case, and for Alexander, "does your character carry sharp objects because they may be useful" dont most or even some men carry some form of a pocket knife? also stuff like "does your character hold an occupation unsuitable for his or her nationality or gender". My characters travel and my world isn't set up to say "a women cant fight" even though I do realize gender inequality in some area's.

In my opinion, a sue is a person that does not deserve the role he or she was given or someone that is impossibly perfect in every way. basically here's my character break down:

Catalina(one in siggy), 15 years old, 4"10, 105 lbs.

Powerful character who is telekinetic and somewhat quick but physically weak. She is good looking and smart, typical red red though. her temper flairs up easily and she is naive, jelous and pouty. She was adopted by Alexander 10 years ago for her powers but they became close, she works as his assistant but is just like a sister.

Alexander, 25 years old, 6"4,210 lbs.

Some phycic ability but mostly depends on strength, works on whatever odd jobs come his way. well rounded and calm for the most part except Cat drives him to his wits end. but hes a womanizer, easily gets discouraged and is a major pessimist...tries to hide most of what he does thats questionable but never works. Only people he truly cares about are his brother and adopted sister.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post May 4 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #97

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

^yeah its kind of screwed...I thought there where a few questions that were stupid like "if female does your character have to try to be 10x better then the guys in order to be equal" >> um...isn't that usually the case,

Not really. Certainly not "ten times" by any stretch.

"does your character carry sharp objects because they may be useful" dont most or even some men carry some form of a pocket knife?

Most people who carry pocket knives do so BECAUSE THEY ARE USEFUL. The question is basically asking "Does your character have a bladed weapon just because it looks cool?"

also stuff like "does your character hold an occupation unsuitable for his or her nationality or gender". My characters travel and my world isn't set up to say "a women cant fight" even though I do realize gender inequality in some area's.

Then that would be a "no" answer. You're answering from an in universe perspective.

Powerful character who is telekinetic and somewhat quick but physically weak. She is good looking and smart, typical red red though. her temper flairs up easily and she is naive, jelous and pouty. She was adopted by Alexander 10 years ago for her powers but they became close, she works as his assistant but is just like a sister.

A psychic who is physically weak is a very generic trope. Not necessarily bad but a really over done stereotype. Same goes for the temper.
Alex isn't much better off being a typical "the big guy" with moody overtones. Again, pretty generic.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post May 4 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #98

Apprentice

^"Does your character frequently carry knives, daggers, or other little sharp pointy objects concealed within his/her clothing for no other reason than that they might be come in handy?" <-thats was the excact question, it directly states comes in "handy" not "cool," the 10x thing was a but if a exageration but i dont think its hard to get the point. and okay on the last one, I will agree with you there.

as for my characters, yeah they are a bit overdone but meh...My older brother felt the need to tell me all male characters are stoic and entirely unemotional so hes my teddy bear and the girls are supposed to be cutsy and sweet...alot of the time it seems the lead female character is that way too....Im still trying to make them a bit more original and complex but thats the basic rough draft...at least its better than everyone being pefectly sweet and good...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post May 4 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #99

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

I gots a 24,thought it would of been worse *shrugs*

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 4 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #100

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Innocent-malice @ May 4 2009, 06:24 PM) *
at least its better than everyone being pefectly sweet and good...

..alot of the time it seems the lead female character is that way too....

Actually, most characters(female) aren't. There's usually a character that is (usually with a hime style hair cut), i.e. Nodoka (Negima), Hinata (Naruto), Shinobu (Love Hina), ect, but most female leads are "feisty", like Asuna (Negima), Sakura (Naruto) or whatever.

Retaking the test now, and I think I'll get a god score :>

I gots a 24,thought it would of been worse *shrugs*

Would have.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post May 4 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #101

Apprentice

^I guess..kind of depends but alot are...really Sakura (tsubasa/ card captors), lenalee(D gray man), misa(death note) are sweeter, i mean to say girls are more scolding and nagging as far as the tougher girls..mine is more like a guy with her temperment and just gets pissed and walks off or gets in a full fight. Besides, as i said doesnt hurt to have a bit of stereotype..

@popogeejo: okay on that note, I didnt want her to be super powerful so I gave her a weaker body, so do you think it would be okay to give her a bit more physical strength and that wouldnt make her too strong? I have no idea where to start with Aleck because really there is only two guys I honestly know that are not complete jerks >>

--------------------

+Quote Post
hottidoll
post Jul 1 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #102

Citizen

Member No.: 69,827

So unfair! D: I got a 50 on my character Kairi [(from Story Of My Life)] which very much hurt my feelings!! XD But I know she's not as Mary Sue-ish as they say she is. :/

--------------------
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." Dean Koontz.

Love is in the moment.

While I support Ed and Winry's relationship, I couldn't help but write an EdXOC fanfic, entitled Story Of My Life.

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jul 1 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #103

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

Awesome, retook it, and Shuukaku got a 13! That means I can spice her up a bit >w>

Of course, I was worried at first, but I'm quite pleased with the turn out :3

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
AlanSchezar
post Jul 3 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 41,817

The FMA fanfic I'm writing contains no original characters, so for fun I used an anthro character I made for an RP, which ended up in some artwork and some short stories.

He's an anthro bald eagle named Arkell. His "cover" persona is that he's a womanizing major in the Screaming Eagles Airborne unit, but in fact his true calling is as part of a secret shadowy society of assassins devoted to the cause of justice by means of slaughtering those who are immune to the ordinary avenues of justice, like drug kingpins, corrupt warlords, particularly vile and resourceful murderers, corrupt politicians, etc.

His father was an under cover cop with the organized crime taskforce who uncovered too much about corruption that had infiltrated all the way to city hall. He was offered the choice of being bought out, or snuffed out, and he refused to compromise. For that he was murdered in his house in a hail of bullets, his smoking revolver still in his dead hand as his son witnessed the entire thing.

He definitely has the tragic past bit covered, and "sort of" the revenge motivation. Although his motivation isn't so much revenge as it is justice and protecting innocent people so that they never have to suffer what he suffered. He's a very flawed character though, and he scored 13 on the test. I suspect the other character from the same universe (his adoptive guardian and the leader of the secret society) would score similarly as they both have very tragic pasts which drove them to their calling in life of killing really bad people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Jul 3 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #105

Alchemists

WOOHOO. I GOT 23 FOR IRIHARA KAZUMI. WWWWOOOOOTTTTTTEEEEERRRRRSSSSS. really proud of that turn out. but to be honest i think she isn't anywhere near as much of a sue as pointed out. the skills she uses are usually realated to healing so it's not a too sue-ish power.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 09:45 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css