HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Heza
post Dec 31 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #22141

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,910

I hardly post at all, but I come to this thread all the time to read what everyone has to say. I threw this together with my new tablet I got with Christmas money and decided to share it. Royai has been taking over me lately, so I just had to do something for New Years. Hope everyone has a great one!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Dec 31 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #22142

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

I'll provide links for any of you who wanna read them ^.^

A favorite Royai fanfiction of mine is probably Hot Chocolate by jellyjay on FanFiction.net. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6047323/1/Hot_Chocolate

It's a great depiction of what Roy's days with Riza and Berthold Hawkeye may have been like. It's not anything too serious and can be taken as a friendship fanfiction as well as a romance fanfiction. It's a great read and can even be humorous at times.

Another favorite fanfiction of mine is Queen by Bookwrm389. (SPOILER ALERT, this fanfiction contains events that happened in chapter 101.) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6337923/1/Queen

It really captures the mood of what was going on in that situation and the thoughts that may have been running through Roy's mind at the time. It was very unique and different. It basically compares that scene to chess. It's a one shot, so it's a short, but excellent read.

As for fanart, I can't think of a particular picture. But I do always love the stuff that's drawn by 527. They made the Royai doujinshi Parallel Love for those of you who have heard of it. (Parallel Love, even though it's not "fan art", was very good.)

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Dec 31 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #22143

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Note to self: easier questions needed.

hand-made-city--I love that fanart, too! It's so beautiful!

Tombow--Still waiting for the answer to the flower question, though. tongue.gif

Heza--Great art! Quite appropriate for ringing in the New Year!

dark-winds--I read "Hot Chocolate", too! I've been lazy about reviewing, though. And I just read "Queen". Wow... Both are awesome fanfics! Thank you for sharing!

(And thank you to everyone else for sharing, too! smile.gif )

I hope everyone has/is ringing in the new year with friends and/or family, and that you all are are safe and happy, etc. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
iAmjelly
post Dec 31 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #22144

Citizen

Member No.: 68,655

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jan 1 2011, 02:11 AM) *
I love "Ruby Throat" by hmmingbird (on ff.net). It was probably the first really serious (and seriously angsty and dramatic) fanfic that I read, but it is so well-written and incredibly beautiful, and I just wanted to see it happen. The author really took the characters and made them their own, and as a result, even if they weren't exactly the way Arakawa wrote them, it was fine. I'm actually not sure that it was ever given the "complete" status, but I think it is, even though I want more so badly. (And this is a little more than 2 years after the fact.)

That is truly one of the best fanfictions out there and I want it to be updated so so so so so badly because it's so wonderful.

My all time favourite Royai fanfiction, however, is a fanfiction called Rapunzel by someone called Tuathafaerie (and there's no link because it's GONE. THIS SADDENS ME because I can never read it again and it was AMAZING) over on ff.n. It was the reason I believed in the Riza-gets-attacked-for-Roy-to-open-the-gate theory. (If anyone has like, a saved copy, or a link to where else it might be posted, please tell me. I miss it ;_;).

My other favourite (even though it makes me cry every time) is Apotheosis (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3319966/1/Apotheosis) by Miskcat. Takes place after the original anime and CoS - and I don't wholly approve of the movie myself - but for what it's worth, that fic is amazing and so worth the read. If you haven't read it, read it now. Bring a box of tissues.

@ Dark-Winds: LOL You pimped me!! 'Hot Chocolate' is by meee! This is the first time I've ever been pimped! <3 *is touched*.

Oh, and Happy 2011 you guys!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 1 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #22145

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I have never been here for centuries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TTATTTTTT damn school!

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jan 1 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #22146

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

Merry christmas and a happy new year people !!! smile.gif

This time my christmas draw is work shared with MoonStarDutchess (I have a dumb tendom and can't ink and colour/shadow so she helps me.) I wish the best for all of you and hope I can come more in sigh. I hate being lack of time.

Link for the draw: My "Merry Christmas Royai" on my DeviantArt

And link for one of my new royai vids, (not the best ones but I love it) and it contains mix of both animes and games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKtMJWaSTM

Now im going to think in favourite art and fic lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 4 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #22147

Citizen

Member No.: 75,885

Welcome back Shanryelric-san! ^-^
I probably wasnt here the last time you vistited this site, i joined recently...
And i know how you feel about the loads and loads of school work <:3

There is a question that has been on my mind for quite some time. if it is all right i would like very much to ask it.

It is about Riza's back, what exactly is it written in? Her blood? Her father's blood? Red sharpie? And when was it written? Perhaps when she was a child?

--------------------
Life isnt about waiting for the rain to pass,
its about learning to dance in the rain

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 4 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #22148

Reverine Methernlace--Near as anyone seems to be able to tell, it's an actual, honest-to-goodness tattoo. (It's really permanent, in other words.) As such, it probably had to be done in her mid/late teens, unless she stopped growing really early--significant growth would have warped it. As a tattoo, that would also be the reason she asked Roy to destroy part of it--a tattoo wouldn't come out on its own, and I'm sure that if there had been another way, she would have opted for it. A masochist, our Riza is not. (Roy, I'm not so certain about, however, sometimes... dry.gif )

rinoaebastel--Awesome art and video! smile.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 5 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #22149

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Yay! It's been a while... sad.gif

Belated Merry Xmas and Happy New Year for everyone!!

I've been traveling quite a lot lately and haven't been following up much with the discussions, but I still love you all. ^^

And I have no idea how to answer to the week's question... I'll have to think about it. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Jan 8 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #22150

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

It's been a while since I last posted here.

Nice fan arts and videos, everyone happy.gif ! Sorry I back-read this thread and couldn't remember all usernames DX

About this week's question... I really don't know what to answer since it's quite hard to choose from my long list. XP But if I were to narrow my list in fanfiction my favorite will probably be a humor/romance fic.

Also, I found this video floating around youtube. Not really RoyAi but it caught my attention when I saw its title tongue.gif sorry if this was already posted before.

And I have a question. I just realized I saved a lot of royai screenshots before in this old pc that I'm using right now and most of those pictures have this "officelove.fullmetal-alchemist.com" on them. Was it a page here that no longer exists?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 8 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #22151

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Welcome back, shanryelric, rinoaebastel, Turdaewen, StormGoddess and everyone who juts recently came back! Nice to see your posts again! biggrin.gif

@rinoaebastel - I love your Royai Christmas drawing, and the vid! Thank you for sharing it with us! happy.gif

@StormGoddess - Haha, yes, that vid reminds Royai very much! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (StormGoddess @ Jan 8 2011, 06:18 PM) *
And I have a question. I just realized I saved a lot of royai screenshots before in this old pc that I'm using right now and most of those pictures have this "officelove.fullmetal-alchemist.com" on them. Was it a page here that no longer exists?

Yes, "officelove" was a "Royai" site created and ran by our ex-"moderator extraordinaire", Chibi Viki-san who was also one of the original posters of this Royai thread, and it was our "sister" site for some time, but eventually got closed for lack of activity. sad.gif
By the way, if you go through the first half portion of this Royai thread, you may find some awesome Royai drawings created by Chibi Viki-san and used to be on "office-love" site also. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 8 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #22152

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

Anybody see these before? =)

http://royxriza.tumblr.com/post/2649103255/fma-guidebook-3

Pretty interesting if you ask me. It sort of looks like things that make Roy angry or something lol

I wonder what it says? It's too bad we don't have any of the guidebooks besides the first one out in English =/

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 9 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #22153

Dark-Winds--I will be the first to admit that I can't read any of it. The best I can do is remember what was going on in those specific panels, and that's not much help at all when you want to know how they're connected. But now I want it. Like, a physical copy of the book. Translated or not--I don't care. I just want it.

Storm-Goddess--If you just close your eyes while you watch it, it doesn't have to be who it is in the video. (But if the same motions are gone through, it's perfect for one of the Royai 100 themes: Embracing from the back.)

Turdaewen, shanry, StormGoddess, and rinoaebastel--Long time, no see!

Hmm... How 'bout a Royai question?

A basic one this week, since I can't really think of anything good. (And if anyone has a more creative one, post it!) At what point in the story did you seriously start to think that there's something between Roy and Riza? (Could be during the manga or either anime.)

I thought it was cute during anime1, but there wasn't really enough... I'd say the whole Riza vs. Gluttony/Roy vs. Lust part of the manga really solidified it for me.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 9 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #22154

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jan 9 2011, 02:36 PM) *
A basic one this week, since I can't really think of anything good. (And if anyone has a more creative one, post it!) At what point in the story did you seriously start to think that there's something between Roy and Riza? (Could be during the manga or either anime.)

I guess it was at the Barry the chopper scene. I thought that they could be a couple before but that's when I really started to think it was a little more than mere speculation. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jan 9 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #22155

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jan 9 2011, 11:36 AM) *

Sometime during anime 1 I thought there was something going on... I think I felt it all through my first watching of the series, but I didn't pay much attention because back then I really loved Ed and Al... the second time I watched I paid much more attention to Roy and subsequently Riza. And then by the last episode I knew there was something special between them that I had missed the first time.

And then I read the manga... and you just can't deny their relationship there! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css