HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 979 980 981 982 983 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Makika
post Apr 25 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #14701

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,737

If Riza's dad made a transmutation, we can't know exactly yet.
But if he did, maybe Papa Hawkeye lost some veins conected with his heart and more other veins related with some organ which help create emoctions (brain?) , because if u think, if he tried to transmutate Riza's mom he just want his part of love back, and if she died from disease, she just will suffer more if she continues alive, so the true said: Stop to be selfish, now u will be like her, u'll be sick! And all the love u can give for your daughter will be take from you, so u can continue the rest of your life alone. (a little dramatic, but ok, it's the true)

And this theory about Papa Hawkeye made a humam transmutation can be true because even with all the skils he had, he don't want to be a "dog of the military". Maybe he knew something about the homunculi plans? Or he just had afraid from what the military can do with him and Riza if them discover about the humam transmutation? (more probaly)

Oh god.. so many things to think about ohmy.gif

C'mom 95!!!!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 25 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #14702

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Makika--That doesn't follow, though. Ed lost a leg trying to get his mom back. shouldn't he have lost feature that was distinctly his mother's? (Playing devil's advocate, here.)

I wonder if Mr. Hawkeye had something somewhat natural, like a really bad case of pneumonia or tuberculosis or something, and just refused to see a doctor.

But I like your guys' theories better--much more intriguing.

Oh, and the fanarts are lovely. smile.gif

About Riza's burn and shoulder injury: One would assume that, unless she was burned there recently, that burn is pretty well healed and just left a scar. I mean, that large a mass of scar tissue's probably somewhat more brittle than regular skin, but we're talking ten(-ish?) years ago that that happened. It would be more a discoloration and a lack of elasticity than anything by now.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
KidAkabane
post Apr 25 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #14703

Citizen

Member No.: 68,045

@jacksparrow589: that's a good point. Though I guess you could see it as his mother was his support in life, and he just wanted that back, but when he tried to bring her back to life, he symbolically lost that support by loosing his leg. And about the burn, yeah, it was awhile ago, it's fine, it's the wound I'm worried about. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 26 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #14704

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

When Papa Hawkeye said: "I am a human who died a long time ago." for me he meant that he died along with Riza's mother and I thought about human transmutation too, but if it's true Arakawa just have to go back to him, she won't leave it like this...Or maybe we are just searching too deep and it' as jacksparrow589 said - just simple illness.

BTW, remember what I said page ago, you know, thet FMA ends at the end of this year or next spring. I got a reply, this interview was in the June '08 issue of Eureka (ユリイカ). Uh, I have no idea if it's true but still there's at least a title of magazine so someone can check it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 26 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #14705

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 26 2009, 09:58 AM) *
When Papa Hawkeye said: "I am a human who died a long time ago." for me he meant that he died along with Riza's mother and I thought about human transmutation too, but if it's true Arakawa just have to go back to him, she won't leave it like this...Or maybe we are just searching too deep and it' as jacksparrow589 said - just simple illness.

BTW, remember what I said page ago, you know, thet FMA ends at the end of this year or next spring. I got a reply, this interview was in the June '08 issue of Eureka (ユリイカ). Uh, I have no idea if it's true but still there's at least a title of magazine so someone can check it...

Interview or not... I have been thinking that it's going to end within a year.
(I hate to say it and makes my heart cringe in pain, but that's like it most probably).

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Apr 26 2009, 06:37 AM
Post #14706

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

Okay, good news and bad news about the magazine article.

Good news - I did find the actual website, and find the June issue's page. And yes, Hiromu Arakawa WAS in an interview.

Bad news - I can't find any link to the actual article. I'll keep trying...

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 26 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #14707

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

True, true, there was an interview - http://www.seidosha.co.jp/index.php?%A5%DE...%B7%C5%B8%B3%AB
Still I can't find it too...I found out only that it's about Arakawa herself and there are few things about FMA so nothing we don't know. Gah, It'd be way easier if I'd know Japanese xP
Thanks DistantBlue for searching~!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 26 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #14708

Alzea--Funny... Usually I make things bigger than they should be. It's just that the cause of Mr. Hawkeye's death is so sketchy that illness (and possibly suicide--or did we disprove that?) can't be ruled out at this point.

amestris_star--Unless the pages are either just packed with action (which I would not object to) or the ending is very anti-climactic (OBJECTION!), I'd give FMA more than a year to go. Not much more, though. Personally, I can't see more than about 2 years at this point. Also, we'll still be waiting for official releases in our own countries after FMA is done in magazines, plus FMA: Brotherhood could go on for a while.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 26 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #14709

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:03 PM) *
amestris_star--Unless the pages are either just packed with action (which I would not object to) or the ending is very anti-climactic (OBJECTION!), I'd give FMA more than a year to go. Not much more, though. Personally, I can't see more than about 2 years at this point. Also, we'll still be waiting for official releases in our own countries after FMA is done in magazines, plus FMA: Brotherhood could go on for a while.

Well, to tell you the truth, the longer the better. I wouldn't mind another 2 years of FMA either biggrin.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 26 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #14710

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Wow, interesting discussion going on about Papa Hawkeye. I have nothing to add to it, but man that was fun to read about. You guys have some sweet theories going on here.

Kale Mustang - LOL, sweet name change!

Thanks to everyone who posted more fan art! Love it!

And about FMA ending, I'll be crying for sure, both because I'll be like, "OMG that was the best story I've ever read" (I have faith in Arakawa, and it already is, so...) and then I'll cry more like, "I can't believe no more FMA!"

Because it really is one of the best stories I've read. Unlike other shounen mangas, it isn't all about beating the living $#!+ out of people. It's also about personal growth, overcoming obstacles in life, and overall just working hard to achieve what you want. The relatoinships are a hell lot more realistic in this than any other shounen manga, concerning family, friends, and romance, and I can picture myself actually meeting people like them because they're all so true to life, and easy to relate to and understand. It really is one of the most well written stories, and I'm going to miss it like crazy when its done.

Sorry, that little side rant was off-topic...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Andie
post Apr 26 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #14711

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

Ooh! Interesting conversation about Daddy Hawkeye! I do wish we'd have a flashback about him or something, to show some of his backstory or how he managed to persuade Riza to bear that tattoo (I don't think she jumped in the air in joy when he asked her to be a walking textbook!)

Also, I always wondered if Mr Hawkeye's aversion to the military has something to do with his possible human transmutation. Technically, through the State Alchemists program, the Homonculi are searching for humans who have seen the Truth, so maybe they tried to enroll him and he found out a bit about the corruption of the government? Just throwing an idea here.

As for the toll in human transmutation (Ed's leg, Izumi's organs, etc.), they were taken as payment for seeing the truth, not for the human transmutation itself. The longer you stay in the Doors of Truth, the bigger toll you pay (like Al. Ed said he probably saw more of what was behind the Doors than him, but that Al doesn't remember it because of shock). Well, I think it goes like that, but I could be mistaken...

(And Kale Mustang, your icon is adorable! Where did you find it?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 26 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #14712

Andie--I think you're right about what Ed said about Al seeing the Truth, or at least that Al forgot because of the shock.

I have to wonder if, since Riza was the only other person around, (and probably a relatively obedient child) Mr. Hawkeye basically told her she had no choice but to bear the secrets. That tattoo can't've been started when she was too young, though--wouldn't it warp as she grew? Perhaps Riza's doctrines came mainly from her father, so she was easy to sway? She was tired of watching her father suffer? I don't know... But I'd really like to!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Apr 26 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #14713

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Hi there, royai fans! My name is SneakyRuler and I am a hopeless case of Roy and Riza obsessed person but most of the time I try to hide it really hard wink.gif
And now, here comes my dilemma: I just realized that Royai is not a canon thing in the manga! Though Hawkeye obviously is in love there's no proof that Mustang feels the same whatsoever! He just seems to be concerned about Rizas's safety... which only says he cares about his subordinate/teacher's daghter *runs to hide somewhere safe*

Papa Hawkeye: Funny, I always believed papa Hawkeye just died of tuberculosis... Yes, he was in his alchemy research too deep (years ago, before he finished his flame alchemy.... what did he do after that? mellow.gif ) I like the truth teory somehow.

Somebody mentioned dark side effects of the alchemy which is an appealing thought as well. If you take the whole positive/negative flow energy Scar's brother talked about, you suddenly find out, that all of Amestris alchemy is powered by a philosopher's stone made out of people who died very painfully plus the stone was manufactured just like the Amestris one is being formed - including the "crest of blood" thing... so here you have the dark energy every alchemist in Amestris is using. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 26 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #14714

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Andie @ Apr 26 2009, 11:25 AM) *
(And Kale Mustang, your icon is adorable! Where did you find it?)

Thank you everyone for the compliments regarding my avatars.

For those wanting to know where I got them here's the site: mikka

And for reference, yes, I've made avatars from the entire thing (there's six total).

I'll probably rotate to another avatar in the near future.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Apr 26 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #14715

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:46 PM) *
I have to wonder if, since Riza was the only other person around, (and probably a relatively obedient child) Mr. Hawkeye basically told her she had no choice but to bear the secrets. That tattoo can't've been started when she was too young, though--wouldn't it warp as she grew? Perhaps Riza's doctrines came mainly from her father, so she was easy to sway? She was tired of watching her father suffer? I don't know... But I'd really like to!

I have to agree with you about it not being at too young of an age, for the same reasons. I always got a feeling that he might of tricked her in some way.

"Come help daddy with some research"

Riza being eager to please, get some attention from her usually detached father, agrees.

Then, he tells her she promised to help him when she tries to back out. Guilts her into it.

Makes him sound just as bad as Tucker

I keep thinking it wasn't on her back until right after Roy joined the military. Mr. Hawkeye probably had some hope of passing it on to his student, but when he left, he didn't want all his research to go to waste, Riza was there, and became his living paper to put ink onto.

Mr. Hawkeye is definitely an interesting character, and I would like to learn more about him, but until he is in some way proven to be more than the man that put his child through something like that, I can't like him.

Also, Welcome to our ever-growing thread SneakyRuler!

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 979 980 981 982 983 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:43 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css