HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 2: The First Day - Content Discussion Thread, Universal conversation regarding the second installment of FMA: B
Rating 5 V
Alzea
post Apr 12 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (AA battery @ Apr 12 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Comparing a whole series VS 2 episodes = wrong. You clearly didn't get that.

So true.
Now, they're rushing everything because they don't want to repeat so many scenes and they just want to get to the moment of Hughes' death, because since that event, previous anime started to go its own way. I think that after this, FMA will get a slower pace and everything should go just fine.

Goral, would you really be happy to see exactly the same two first episodes as in the FMA 1 but with better animation and changed VA? First two eps in FMA1 are good because they are just the same as in the manga, in the second season they couldn't copy it...They just had to do something else...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 12 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #32

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Goral @ Apr 12 2009, 08:08 AM) *
@AA battery

I think the one who didn't get the message is you biggrin.gif. Comparing first two episodes of FMA 2003 and first two episodes of FMA 2009 makes perfect sense. They own completely first two episodes of this "true adaptation". And what number of posts does have to do with anything? I'll rewrite my last sentence from first post so you could understand:
Agreed on this one but IMO on the other hand first adaptation owns this one FOR NOW.

*sigh*

Ok, I admit that I thought you were comparing overall 2003 season to the first 2 episodes of new season. Your post was not clear the first time I read it. Regardless, you didn't have to sound so rude with the added sarcasm you know? It's 8am my time and I am still up because I was doing screencapping and stuff.

Anyhow, I think it's still unfair to compare the first two episodes in 2003 and in the new season. Because the first 2 episodes in 2003 were already done pretty well (although I didn't quite like how "less-cool" they made Ed in the first 2 episodes of 2003, compared to manga), it's hard to redo the EXACT same thing and be better. I'm sure people already went over this in a different thread because I recall reading it somewhere; it is fair enough that they started the series in different way so that they can distinguish the two seasons. I personally really liked the first episode in new season, although agree that the second episode is a little too fast-paced. But I don't think the new season is as horrible as you claim. I found what you said quite insulting, and my first impression to your post was "Then why are you watching it if you have to complain so much"?

I'm gonna stop here otherwise I'd just be repeating what people have already said in a different thread. Sleep for real now. x_x

Edit: To stay on topic... I really like how they did the part inside the gate and Truth. It was really cool and creepy at the same time. xD It's too bad they rushed Trisha's part though... I guess the next time we see her would be the part where she tells Pinako her message for Hohenheim? ("Sorry I couldn't wait" or something like that...) Hopefully when we get to that part, we get more screentime for Trisha as well.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Goral
post Apr 12 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 59,458

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 12 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Goral, would you really be happy to see exactly the same two first episodes as in the FMA 1 but with better animation and changed VA? First two eps in FMA1 are good because they are just the same as in the manga, in the second season they couldn't copy it...They just had to do something else...

I've got a question to You, how many times have You read manga? Only once? If no, was it boring when You've read it the second time?
To answer Your question directly and honestly - if they just remastered first two episodes I would still probably whine that they didn't stick to the manga completely BUT that's assuming I wouldn't know first two episodes of what they've done now. If I could choose knowing what I know now then yes, I would be happy to see exactly the same two first episodes as in the FMA 1.
And could you extrapolate on the "They just had to do something else..." bit? They had to? Don't think so (Hellsing Ultimate, Dragon Ball Kai, NGE). Now they've completely screwed chronology that was in the manga so there will be quite big differences between manga and anime for sure.

--------------------
9 out of 10 connoisseurs recommend watching Kemono no Souja Erin.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 12 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #34

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Reminder to Goral & AA battery, and everyone:

We do have Season 1 vs Season 2 (Brotherhood) thread. If you'd like to discuss First series vs Brotherhood, you can head over there and continue S-1 vs S-2 discussions there. smile.gif

Also, I'm sure everyone knows this already, but anyway...
...allow me to remind everyone about not attacking the POSTER just because he/she may have different opinion from yours. IMO, different opinions and views are valuable ways to learn more about the subject, and people who are willing to post and share different way of looking at the subject with us are very much appreciated.
Asking them questions on the topic subject helps us learn different angle of looking at the subject, and IMO these discussions help posters and readers of this thread, whereas attacking the poster, IMO, would discourage people to post and share their opinions when they think theirs is not the perceived "majority" opinion of the thread, and IMO that could be our missed opportunity to learn more on the subject.

Please try to stay focused on the discussion on the topic content, and not on attacking the posters. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 12 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #35

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Yes, I read it countless times, but why are you asking?
You would enjoy it, but remember yor're not the only one who is watching it. If they'd simply gave us the same first two episodes but a little better, they'd lost many watchers, who could thought 'I already saw this' and all. So they had to do something else, something new but still it had to follow manga. They did something like this, I don't mind. I liked first episode, as for a filler episode I think it was a good one. Second ep was rushed, they could easily make two eps about that events (more Izumi, Trisha, state alchemist exam). So it was just fine, I like the way how the did it since there were many things from manga and I'm very happy about that.
I'm not making you to like FMA2, I'm just proving you that IMHO it wasn't as bad as you wrote about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Apr 12 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

Is there a sub out yet? If there is can someone give me a link for it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 12 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

^ @edxwinryfan - Yap. (Please see the following quoted post ^^)

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 12 2009, 08:41 AM) *
Subs by shinsen-subs are out, if someone wants link PM me (only torrents right now) *goes search for the DDL*
Oh, well I have to go for now, link is on the shinsen-subs' main page, just google it^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Apr 12 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

if u ask me ...i loved the episodes...i would not bash it like how Goral is bashing it...why dont u wait before jumping to big conclusions,,,,

--------------------

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Apr 12 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

I was actually looking for a video that I wouldn't have to download... is there one,because I watched the first episode without having to download it. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 12 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

@edxwinryfan - I think if we give a little more time they will show up. After all the episode aired in Japan just a few hours ago. biggrin.gif

---------------

QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Apr 12 2009, 12:13 PM) *
if u ask me ...i loved the episodes...i would not bash it like how Goral is bashing it...why dont u wait before jumping to big conclusions,,,,

Let me keep reminding again:

NO personal attacking of posters just because he/she posts opinion that is different from yours. Please stick to the topic discussions.
(BTW, that goes for everyone.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 12 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 12 2009, 10:12 AM) *
Doesn't Ed say that frequently?

No, but he does in that specific scene. "Be nice if you're not cute! Mechanic fanatic!", something like that. Winry hits him two times in that same scene in the manga : one when she sees the brother fighting, with her wrench, and the second time when Ed transmutes his automail, and here she hits with a chair.

Speaking of wrench-kicking, I can't wait for the time where she will hit Al. I consider that scene the only "serious" wrench scene.

Actually, there are a few more times Ed had said that to her. In that particular scene and another I can recall is after Winry delivers the baby in Rush Valley and Ed carries her piggyback, she starts in on the "being carried by a guy shorter than me" and he says "you're not cute, not sexy" to her or something along those lines. I can't remember exactly what's said. Would have to go look it up in the manga and I cba to right now. Too lazy. tongue.gif

In any case, I agree with you what say, AA. You can't judge the 2nd anime quite yet because it's only just begun. It's rather ridiculous to compare the first two episodes to the first anime. Not to mention, Goral, as people have stated previously as well as myself, I'll reiterate: They are most likely rushing these scenes because they've BEEN seen BEFORE in the FIRST anime. Geddit? biggrin.gif Anyway, I just watched the raw and I have NO idea what they're saying really so I had to grab my manga and follow along. laugh.gif This episode was great! It was a little disappointing that Trisha wasn't in it much. I absolutely love Trisha. ;_; And seeing Ed in that wheelchair...and how Al kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" to Mustang...so heart-wrenching.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Apr 12 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

actually tombow...i didnt attack him at all....

--------------------

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Apr 12 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #43

Apprentice

Okay I found a video that you don't have to download (well someone sent me it, thank you crazylazy89) if anyone else wants it here it is:

http://animezone.info.tm/fullmetal-alchemi...ode-2-t5991.htm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cece
post Apr 12 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

I liked the episode. I did want to see Trisha more but I have to agree with most people if they repeated episode 1 and 2 they way it was in the manga it would be boring. As much as I love FMA I would probably skip it too because I read it and I watched in the last series. I did want to see Winry hit Ed with a chair though. LOL! It was priceless and I did want to see Al's youthful joke though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 12 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Apr 12 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Okay I found a video that you don't have to download (well someone sent me it, thank you crazylazy89) if anyone else wants it here it is:

http://animezone.info.tm/fullmetal-alchemi...ode-2-t5991.htm

Thank you very much, I already gave up hope to see this episode today.
Thx thx thx ^___^ subs, finally! Online! <3

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 09:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css