HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
angelstar2408
post Jun 30 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #16621

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,378

I agree!!! If they dare take out the upcoming Royai scenes they are soooo dead... Joke! tongue.gif

I think the reason why they didn't emphasize on the scene is because they(I repeat THEY) find it unimportant(yeah right... dry.gif) Probably they're saving on air time and adding more Elric siblings scenes... pfft...dry.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 30 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #16622

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

Yeah, it sucks that some of these good manga scenes are getting cut. I know that FMA is mainly about the Elric brothers, and I do like them, but they're not the reason I got hooked...I'm much more interested in the military/Xing people biggrin.gif...and Royai of course! \o/ if they cut out some of the great Royai scenes I will weep.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jun 30 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #16623

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

I really can't think of Royai moment that they could possibly cut. Not any of the big ones anyway. And I totally forgot about the scene where Roy freaks out when he finds Armstrong! And also the "I'm proud of my pig-headedness" line which comes before that. Really, I don't think that they can cut any Royai moments at all, but if they do.... *cocks a handgun* I'm going after them.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 30 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #16624

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Thank you DistantBlue for all those MMV links! Can't wait to watch them!

Lately I've been inspired to make a Royai AMV or MMV... but I don't know what song, or what footage/images to use.. any theme ideas that anyone would want to see? And someone convince me to do it! XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jun 30 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #16625

Apprentice

GO GO GO hand-made-city! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 1 2009, 08:38 AM
Post #16626

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Jul 1 2009, 12:00 AM) *
I really can't think of Royai moment that they could possibly cut. Not any of the big ones anyway.

Me neither! All the most important Royai scenes are major plot line scenes. There's no way they're cutting Lust's death, nor the tatoo, nor Ishbal, 'cause they're all vital to the 'Envy' part (which is probably the most important Roy scene so far). They're all a big build up to why the hell Mustang listened to Riza at that scene even against his grief towards Hughes' death. It's all a big chain of events that have no meaning without any of those scenes, so... I'm not worried at all.

The tops that they can remove is the scene Roy saves Riza from Glutonny, but, even so, he'll have to get there somehow, cause Roy needs to follow Barry with Riza and Havoc to get to the lair... So, I don't think they'll cut that scene either, since it was the fear of loosing Riza that drove Roy there. Unless they change the whole development of that 'plan' of theirs.

But the chess scene, though very cute, has no consequence whatsoever. In fact, if you're not familiar with the Perfect Guidebook 2 you wouldn't even notice it as a Royai moment, since nowhere in the story they mention Riza to be Grumman's granddaughter.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jul 1 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #16627

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jul 1 2009, 09:38 AM) *
The tops that they can remove is the scene Roy saves Riza from Glutonny, but, even so, he'll have to get there somehow, cause Roy needs to follow Barry with Riza and Havoc to get to the lair... So, I don't think they'll cut that scene either, since it was the fear of loosing Riza that drove Roy there. Unless they change the whole development of that 'plan' of theirs.

Agreed. I think that it’s possible for them to cut that scene without ruining the plot progression too much, but at the same time, the removal of that scene means a lot less Royai. The only reason I can think that they’d cut that scene is that they’d want Roy to be there during the mission to save time. But if he’s there, then there would be no “Elizabeth” scene… And that would be terrible. And also, if he didn’t come onto the battle field when he wasn’t supposed to, Riza wouldn’t have to yell at him, which isn’t such a big deal as the loss of the “Elizabeth” scene, but I really like it anyway. So really, I really hope they don’t cut that part either. Too much good Royai!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 1 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #16628

State Alchemist (Major)

Or they could come up with another way to make Roy want to go there in the middle of the fight, but then again, that wouldn't make much sense since it would take probably as much time as the 'Elizabeth' scene as it is.

But, taking into account they're condensing 2 to 3 chapters into each episode (and the sequence of Elizabeth, is very 'short'), there's enough time for that scene, so they might put it the way it is.

No way to tell, but I'm also happy that it won't take long for us to find out, since it's probably 3, 4 ep till we get there.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 1 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #16629

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

Yeah, all of the Royai moments are important for the plot development, and since the point of this anime is basically to show events in the manga that the first didn't, there is really no reason for anything to be cut. Especially if they don't want to catch up with the manga. I mean...what would be the point of a second anime that's supposed to follow the manga if they cut things out? It makes no sense. And since we're finally getting close to manga only material, things should slow down biggrin.gif

And if they do cut any of my favorite scenes, Bones shall feel my fiery wrath rain down upon them D:

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 1 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #16630

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Jul 1 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Yeah, all of the Royai moments are important for the plot development, and since the point of this anime is basically to show events in the manga that the first didn't, there is really no reason for anything to be cut. Especially if they don't want to catch up with the manga. I mean...what would be the point of a second anime that's supposed to follow the manga if they cut things out? It makes no sense. And since we're finally getting close to manga only material, things should slow down biggrin.gif

And if they do cut any of my favorite scenes, Bones shall feel my fiery wrath rain down upon them D:

And you would have to count me in for that... *evil laugh*

No they shouldn't considering that they are finally close to the manga-only stuff (only an ep to go after all!) so... nope they shouldn't cut things out. They left details in, why should they cut important scenes out? Let's have faith... at least I hope that such scenes are kept there in their entirety, after all that's their epicness tongue.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Jul 1 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #16631

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

I don't think any Royai moments should be cut out. Hahaha.

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Jul 1 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #16632

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

The new season / show has a chance to redeem itself if it executes its Royai well; I haven't liked it, at least, not more than the first anime, but I'm hoping once the pace slows down there will be less to criticize. After reading the manga and loving it, the scenes cut out whether important or not, I missed and felt it made the entire story choppy. If they follow the manga closely enough, most of the "big" moments occur in the flow of the plotline not only due to being important, but the "hints" are interwoven incredibly well into the progression [which is common for action-like genres].

And since the Royai hasn't slowed or faded in the manga [if you are up-to-date], it will not likely be downplayed in the new episodes to come, either.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jul 1 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #16633

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

If the Japanese staff leaves out any upcoming Royai moments. Then they must have a death wish or something. But like everyone else has said, they really can't leave out any other Royai moments. I mean the manga shows so much growth with all the characters. It would not do the manga justice if Brotherhood just decided that only Ed and Al should be allowed to grow.

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jul 1 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #16634

Apprentice

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Jul 2 2009, 12:15 PM) *
If the Japanese staff leaves out any upcoming Royai moments. Then they must have a death wish or something.

LOL! I agree with what you said..... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 2 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #16635

State Alchemist (Major)

Nah, I'm loving this anime either way and I'm enjoying it LOADs better than the first one... but I agree that they shouldn't cut down so many scenes.

But I'm sure something will have to be left out, I just don't think it's going to be anything Major (as the Royai scenes) because they're way too important to the story.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:03 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css