Fma 1: Fullmetal Alchemist And The Broken Angel
Zarpia
post Jan 18 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #46

Rasta Maldita

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,384

tyshon3010:

I've read that the game is not that good, but don't pay any atention to them, they are WRONG, the game rock. (I don't have mine yet)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mike
post Jan 19 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,948

Geez I wonder when it will come out in Aus? I hate it how we always get these stuff last.

--------------------
Ew, too big.

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Jan 19 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #48

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 43

listen to them, the game really gets boring.
Lend it from a Video shop or something, play thru it in 4h and get excited over playing as Edo-kun and the cool Anime Sequences.... that's what I would say about the japanese Version, but since the US Version got crappy american dub... bleargh...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jan 19 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

QUOTE(Dreakon @ Dec 31 2004, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 14 2004, 12:01 AM)
i know some people would be disappointed (tho i don't quite understand *why*...) if the english voices aren't used...(because people are too lazy to read subtitles?   huh.gif )

Man, I am really getting tired of all these anti-english dub posts. Maybe people want english because JAPANESE SUCKS. I would be greatly, and I mean greatly disappointed if they didn't use the English voices. Why? Because I don't understand Japanese. How could one possibly say somethings voice acting is good, when they dont even understand what they're saying? Wow, you get to read subtitles. It's a flippin television show, not a book. If you want to read so damn bad, look at the manga.

Onto the game, I do hope they have English voices. But it'd be nice to have Japanese voices with subs in there too so everyone is happy. Realtime would be much better then turn based, IMO.

wow, i haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems like someone needs a nap. dry.gif take some valium, kid, and chill out, okay? i'm against arguing with people who are no challenge to debate with, so i won't say anything more than maybe if you listened to the difference in the emotions of the japanese vs. the english you would see why so many people dislike dubs. people are entitled to an opinion, and i hate the way 95% of anime is dubbed into english, i'd rather learn japanese.

but that doesn't mean i expect *everyone* to feel that way...huh.gif grow up.

and yes, i also heard that tobenai tenshi was a bit of a let-down as far as gameplay goes. they said the scrolling text was painfully slow, and the action and fight sequences were lacking in enthusiasm and challenge.

i personally am enjoying omoide no soumeikyouku tho. hee, chibi pixellated roy is adorable! XD

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Jan 19 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #50

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

QUOTE(Rolfkaese)
listen to them, the game really gets boring.
Lend it from a Video shop or something, play thru it in 4h and get excited over playing as Edo-kun and the cool Anime Sequences....

Not to mention, the game was pretty short too. There's not that much of a replay value either.

Hehe, I'd say Omoide no Sonata was A LOT more enjoyable. happy.gif The only cut-back is that it's GBA graphics, and there are no anime cutscenes.

@tokage: Not only is chibi pixellated Roy adorable, he's extremely powerful as well. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Nasser
post Jan 19 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 5,579

The NasserGamer Review:

Well I had my first test run on the Full Metal Alchemist the game runs like a Action/RPG like Dynasty Warrior or Devil May Cry, unfortunately the controls are stiff...You start with Edward's armblade... You can transmute weaponsusing objects on the field....Or create turrents(Cannons, Machine Gun) which will for a while do heavy damage to enemies until ammo runs out, and the last thing you can create traps for your foolish enemies.. Al is there to back up and which makes him feel more like a summon then a secondary character.. The reason for this is because the only option you have are to call him, have him guard you, have him do a thrust attack, have him grab a weapon you just transmuted or use a turrent you just transmuted.. The alchemy aspect is limited depending on the object certain object on the field do either:

Red: Ed Only Weapons
Blue: Al Only Weapons
Green: Turrents/Weapon for both! or Traps

Theres a equip system and a item system so you can become stonger as you play...I haven't finished the game but it seems that there is a New Game + Option and if there isn't this lacking aspect ruins the gameplay.. I suggest this if you a hardcore FMA fan, gennerally there are a couple of flaws that still bug me. Like when you zoom in to you character he suddenly disappears from sight.... Or the previously mentioned tight controls and the extreme lack of voiceovers except in the CG Animated Movies.. But all this still didn't stop me from buying it...And the Square-Enix name alone is enough reason for collection purposes.... I hope this help and if you have any question I'll be happy to help! Good Luck Fellow Gamers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MatioBarton
post Jan 20 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 5,560

THE GAME IS TIGHT! I GOT IT YESTERDAY, IT CAME OUT IN THE STATES 19, ITS SO GREAT, THE ONLY THING I WISH IT HAD WAS THE ANIME OPENING THEME. THATS MY SONG BITCHES! LOL. AND SAVING UR GAME IS EASY KIDDO, THERE ARE LITTLE YELLOW PILLARS WITH THE SYMBOL ON THE BACK OF ED'S SHALL IN THEM. U STEP IN IT AND PRESS THE SQUARE. THEN ULL BE ABLE TO SAVE.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
MatioBarton
post Jan 21 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 5,560

sorry about the caps, im in the military, and all of the stuff we type up is spse to be in caps, i forgot to turn it off, and wa la, me yelling at a bunch of people i dont know, my bad.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Shinri
post Jan 21 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 5,369

Just my two cents - I really love the game. I'm very simple minded, and not really much of a gamer, but I'm endlessly amused by new FMA footage. And I actually really like the dub (from what I've seen).

Besides, seeing Roy crossdress is SO funny happy.gif

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Jan 22 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #55

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

just noticed that my copy came in the mail today... honestly if i weren't a fan of the subs i would think this game was mediocre at best.

the cutscenes would have been great, if it werent for the english dubbing. the voices sound way too hollow and "tin can string phone"-like. also what the hell is wrong with armstrongs voice? that is the worst voice acting i've ever heard, godzilla dubbing included. its like the VA had no idea who Alex Louis Armstrong is. the dialogue itself is also horrible, its like they hired the writers of pokemon and had them coached by the writers from every charles bronson movie or that guy that wrote that horrible story in the fan fic section.

the gameplay is neither here nor there, its just plain generic. the only thing that differentiates it other titles is the alchemy, which is done pretty well. the camera system however.... well let's just say the douche nozzles that wrote the camera engine must have gone to the Resident Evil Academy for the Worst Camera System EVER.

but since i AM a FMA fan i will give this a passin grade... 70% but no more.

oh as a side note did anyone else notice that the voice of te first boss is the guy that is the voice for Mr. Satan (Hercule for those of you who have only seen the american version) from DBZ?

so in closing: decent gameplay, bad camera engine, ABSOLUTE SHIT VAs

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
brigadier mustan...
post Jan 22 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #56

Citizen

Member No.: 6,190

i heard the game is really easy and only 15 hours of gameplay

id still buy it and add it to my collection of FMA stuff

GO HUGHES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Dreakon
post Jan 22 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,232

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Jan 19 2005, 01:52 PM)
wow, i haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems like someone needs a nap. dry.gif  take some valium, kid, and chill out, okay?  i'm against arguing with people who are no challenge to debate with, so i won't say anything more than maybe if you listened to the difference in the emotions of the japanese vs. the english you would see why so many people dislike dubs.  people are entitled to an opinion, and i hate the way 95% of anime is dubbed into english, i'd rather learn japanese.

but that doesn't mean i expect *everyone* to feel that way...huh.gif  grow up.

and yes, i also heard that tobenai tenshi was a bit of a let-down as far as gameplay goes.  they said the scrolling text was painfully slow, and the action and fight sequences were lacking in enthusiasm and challenge.

i personally am enjoying omoide no soumeikyouku tho.  hee, chibi pixellated roy is adorable!  XD

[snapback]91011[/snapback]

Sorry, I guess I did overreact a bit. It's just your very short post left me with the impression that your just another mindless dub hater that is confused as to how anyone could possibly prefer the dub over the sub (which I do), and it bothered me. If that is not the case then I apologize for accusing you of it.

Think Blockbuster would have the game now? I may go down and rent it with my gift card. wink.gif

P.S: I watched the sub for the hell of it the other day, and I must say the emotion really isn't that different at all...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Jan 22 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,011

on ign.com, it got a 6.4, not very good. tsk tsk

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm aka Anshi as dubbed by Celes *that can be used by anyone and everyone*
Celes x Anshi supporter XDD

+Quote Post
*~Oashisu*~
post Jan 23 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 5,831

*pokes Game Informer* You really want to listen to them? Yes, everyone has their own opinion, so just because a few magazines gave it a crappy rating doesnt mean you won't like it. dry.gif

And I will most likely buy it, eh I love sucky games, they make me feel like I'm actually good at them *.* And then I can sit there and smile at the fact that Ed is in it. *shot*

--------------------
deviantART's Not-So-Official Vic Mignogna Fan Club!

Avatar © Me, but most of the textures © to their respectful owners.

Visit My Pathetic Art!

+Quote Post
gundamjcr
post Jan 23 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #60

Citizen

Member No.: 3,064

i really like the game but it would be better if you had more alchemy attacks because it sucks that you can only do stonespikes for an alcmey attack except for that i really like the game.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css