HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mistakes & Redemption, Thoughts on the movie (spoilers)
Ting
post Sep 19 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,859

QUOTE(Ed-o Elrich @ Sep 14 2005, 12:56 PM) [snapback]283783[/snapback]

In the last few episodes of the series though, we learn there is no equivelant exchange; it doesn't exist.

I agree with a great deal of what you said, but we have to remember that...equivalent exchange is not really a law of alchemy or the world really, at least according to the end of the show..

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete. Equivalent Exchange doesn't encompass everything that goes on here. But I still choose to believe in its principle: that all things do come at a price. That there's an ebb, and a flow, a cycle. That the pain we went through did have a reward and that anyone who's determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected. I don't think of Equivalent Exchange as a law of the world anymore. I think of it as a promise between my brother and me - a promise that someday, we'll see each other again. — Alphonse Elric

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 19 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #17

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Ting @ Sep 19 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]448267[/snapback]
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete. Equivalent Exchange doesn't encompass everything that goes on here. But I still choose to believe in its principle: that all things do come at a price. That there's an ebb, and a flow, a cycle. That the pain we went through did have a reward and that anyone who's determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected. I don't think of Equivalent Exchange as a law of the world anymore. I think of it as a promise between my brother and me - a promise that someday, we'll see each other again. - Alphonse Elric
@Ting - And, YOUR opinion on " Mistakes & Redemption on FMA" is..??? biggrin.gif

Heck, you revived a thread from last year!! I was hoping to read more than Al's quote!! XDDD
Please, at least let us hear your opinion on the topic!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
saponin
post Sep 19 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 41,154

loved the movie, but i was so disappointed with mustang's airtime. sad.gif no love for royai fans there. blah.

+Quote Post
Ting
post Sep 25 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #19

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,859

QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 19 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]448294[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ting @ Sep 19 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]448267[/snapback]
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete. Equivalent Exchange doesn't encompass everything that goes on here. But I still choose to believe in its principle: that all things do come at a price. That there's an ebb, and a flow, a cycle. That the pain we went through did have a reward and that anyone who's determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected. I don't think of Equivalent Exchange as a law of the world anymore. I think of it as a promise between my brother and me - a promise that someday, we'll see each other again. - Alphonse Elric
@Ting - And, YOUR opinion on " Mistakes & Redemption on FMA" is..??? biggrin.gif

Heck, you revived a thread from last year!! I was hoping to read more than Al's quote!! XDDD
Please, at least let us hear your opinion on the topic!! laugh.gif

Hmm... my thoughts of the movie?

I kinda get confused at the start because I haven't finished the series yet (i think I was at about ep.25 at that time) but after I finish, it got pretty clear and I knew what happened.

Afterall, it was a pretty good wrap up for the whole FMA, but I just hope Bones will make more than that.

Sorry about Al's quote >.<

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css