HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post Jun 5 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #15856

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jun 5 2009, 10:28 PM) *
I actually kind of liked what they did in the first anime, although it was very emo of Roy to attempt human transmutations. I liked Maes's little "I'm gonna save you whether you want it or not moment." Roy looks like such a little kid after Maes hits him!

I thought that was out of character, personally, for Roy I mean and that's one of the reasons I don't really like the first series, but that's my personal opinion on the matter, I know a lot like that anyways.
That was just, so not Roy for me.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Jun 5 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #15857

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Jun 5 2009, 10:13 PM) *
That's also what I meant, Tombow, I'm just too stupid to express myself properly =D.

Hey guys... in episode 10 we see flashbacks from Ishbal... will there be the "the hawk's eye's watchin over us" scene or not? If yes, then I fear about the storyline. If it's shown that early, then there won't be the Riza's tatoo revealment =O

I wouldn't be overly afraid of revealing too much about Ishbal. Even in manga there were short flashbacks just showing a glimpse of an image or just a few words (like Alex Armstrong crying over a killed Ishbalan child or Riza having her aim on Roy) without explaining them. So I expect something like that. Just Roy and Hughes talking for a few seconds, just to show that they knew themselves before Ishabl (and to show people whith no knowledge of manga that in this version, Hughes took part in the fighting...)

Just my opinion... but anyway we'll see soon

-------

EDIT: I liked Roy getting emo because of Rockbells (one of the few things I prefer in the anime-way)

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 5 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #15858

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Jun 5 2009, 04:32 PM) *
EDIT: I liked Roy getting emo because of Rockbells (one of the few things I prefer in the anime-way)

IMO, I never liked how they made Roy the one who killed the Rockbells. I prefer the manga version where Winry has to face her emotions when she runs into Scar. (Then again, the first anime never really cared about Winry...)

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 5 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #15859

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

If I had watched the anime first, Roy never would have made it into my top ten fave characters, let alone be my favorite. Same goes for Riza. I would have hated Winry, too. I don't mind anime Ed or the homunculi (except for WRATH!) but yeah. Some of those anime characters were terrible. Kimblee as well.

Anyhow.

Yeah, I think it's only going to be that scene for the flashback. The only other one with only Hughes and Roy talking is the two of them discussing the war, but that goes back to Riza and is meant to set the mood for Ishbal, so I doubt we'll see that. I strongly believe they won't shove all of Ishbal in half an episode, seeing as they already destroyed on anime and it was four or five chapters long.

I hope they'll keep the one of Riza saying she's going to wait outside for Roy as he goes in to face Bradley, because it has to do with her loyalty and links back to the conversation they have when he leaves. But then again only a RoyAi fan would care so I can't really say.

Awesome fan art, hand-made-city! I can't wait to see everyone else's things as well!

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 5 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #15860

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

The thing with the whole Ishval War is that it really was a defining moment for a majority of the characters. Though most of the characters that were affected were soldiers, Winry and Scar were also casualties of the war because both of them lost their family (Kimbley hurting Scar and his brother -> Rockbells treating Scar -> Scar killing Winry's parents).

The events and bonds that were reforged between Roy and Maes as well as Roy and Riza, are the key reasons to Roy wanting to be Fuhrer.

Since the war, everyone involved has been fighting their own 'wars', which is constantly illustrated in the manga. I think Brotherhood will probably have that emphasis as well, as they've even introduced a new character who's wanted to wage war against the military after having served during the War himself.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 5 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #15861

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Oh, another good discussion!! ^^

I love the fact that the first series of FMA anime gave more "screen time" to Hughes, and gave more character development to this character. But, I like the treatment of Hughes better about the Ishbal war. And, just like Kale posted above, I think Hughes going to Ishbal war gave deeper character to Hughes, and possibly deeper bond between Roy and Hughes. And yap, I'm looking forward to find out how they are going to show this part in FMA: Brotherhood. ^^

OT: @black~hayate - No problem!! ^^ I just used the occasion to remind everyone about our board being PG 13. I know you're a good poster. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jun 5 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #15862

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

I doubt that they'll ruin Ishval by showing too much too soon. I think that they just might be trying to show more of a background between Roy and Hughes so Hughes' death will have more impact. I'll bet that we'll still see all the Ishval Royai-ness later-- especially the part about the tattoo. In my opinion, the events of chapter 95 (*squee*) have their roots in the tattoo and it explains Riza's devotion, which was never addressed in the first series.

@RoyxRizaFan-- Yeah, I was introduced to FMA through the first series, and even though I've read the manga since then I still can't get over my hatred for Winry.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 5 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #15863

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Jun 5 2009, 06:56 PM) *
I doubt that they'll ruin Ishval by showing too much too soon. I think that they just might be trying to show more of a background between Roy and Hughes so Hughes' death will have more impact. I'll bet that we'll still see all the Ishval Royai-ness later-- especially the part about the tattoo. In my opinion, the events of chapter 95 (*squee*) have their roots in the tattoo and it explains Riza's devotion, which was never addressed in the first series.

@RoyxRizaFan-- Yeah, I was introduced to FMA through the first series, and even though I've read the manga since then I still can't get over my hatred for Winry.

Yes, good point. A lot revolves around Riza's tattoo, and it definitely helps explain her devotion to Roy. I only wish that the first series could have had a bit more background to the two of them as well. I had always wondered how the two of them met and how their relationship first started, since the first anime never explained any of that... so I read the manga, which answered my questions. But it made me wonder what the first anime series would have come up with as a background story. It could have been vastly different, which would have been interesting. But I'm happy with the way their relationship is carrying on in the manga, so the second anime series will definitely satisfy me!

Personally, I didn't mind Winry too much in the anime, though she annoyed me many times. And even though I like her more in the manga, the thing I don't like is the Ed/Winry romantic relationship. Despite the fact that I like Winry well enough, I still don't like Ed/Win!! It never felt romantic to me.. at most it felt like a crush. The manga speaks differently, but the first anime ruined any chance of me liking that couple.

Lucky for me, Roy and Hawkeye make the perfect pair! Sorry for the above rant. ^^; Just replying to the comment about Winry..

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 5 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #15864

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

amestris_star--No problem! I just kind of liked Roy's "What'd you do that for?" expression. He was OOC and emo, it's true, so it worked for Maes to whack some sense into him. Now... not so much. And that's okay with me! smile.gif

Am I the only one for whom the first anime didn't ruin things?

I guess it was that, while I paid the anime mind, I was more focused on the manga and therefore was able to overcome some of my less-than-kind thoughts about certain characters. Example: I just plain HATED Kimbley in the first anime. Now, I hate him for a reason, and he seems a bit more real. Demented, but real all the same.

A lot of the characters seem much more 3-dimensional in the manga. That's my point, I guess. I'm used to the film version being less spectacular than the written/drawn version, so maybe I instinctively lowered the bar? I just don't know.

Anyway, a whole bunch of stuff has to occur before Riza's tattoo comes into play, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with that.

Also, Black Hayate came about in vol. 4, so we'll see what happens there. I don't think it'll be this episode, but next or the one after, probably. He plays quite the role sometimes, so they can't leave him out! (Or have him pop in unexplained for that matter.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 5 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #15865

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jun 5 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Am I the only one for whom the first anime didn't ruin things?

Also, Black Hayate came about in vol. 4, so we'll see what happens there. I don't think it'll be this episode, but next or the one after, probably. He plays quite the role sometimes, so they can't leave him out! (Or have him pop in unexplained for that matter.)

Nah, you're not the only one. For the most part, I really enjoyed the first anime, and I actually appreciated the separation from the manga. I like it when I have different stories to see, rather than a retelling of the same thing over and over. Which is probably why the beginning episodes of FMA Brotherhood aren't doing it for me. I would like to see the new stuff animated for sure, but the repetition right now is bothering me..

And I think that Black Hayate will get a proper introduction! That was such a great scene, both in the first anime and the manga, so I think it'll be just fine in the new anime!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 5 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #15866

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

I still really like the first series as well. I've always viewed the first series completely different, yet similar to the manga so it never really bothered me (well, I have problems with CoS, but that's another story).

There are, of course, some characterizations that are far better in the manga than in the first series, but at the same time, the first series did a great job with creating histories/characterizations that would be plausible if certain events played out differently in the manga.

+Quote Post
rainbowcatgirl
post Jun 5 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #15867

Citizen

Member No.: 49,427

Hi I have a question

When does Chapter 96 come out? ( Hopefully it will have Royainess!! biggrin.gif )

Thanks ! happy.gif

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 5 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #15868

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (rainbowcatgirl @ Jun 5 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Hi I have a question

When does Chapter 96 come out? ( Hopefully it will have Royainess!! biggrin.gif )

Thanks ! happy.gif

Usually around the 10th of each month. So...5 more days! smile.gif (Hopefully it won't be late like last time...ugh I hated waiting.)

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Jun 5 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #15869

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

@rainbow: 96 should be coming out some time next week, usually around the 10th of the month or a few days later, depending on how fast anyone can get their hands on a raw. Hopefully it does have some Royai. biggrin.gif

Edit: Darn, beat.

And while I'm editing, I posted one of my Royai Day fics on FF.net. Here's a link. It's rated K+. I'd really like some feedback on it, here or in review form, but dont feel like you're obligated. wink.gif I'm also doing some formatting fixes, too, so please ignore that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 5 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #15870

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I'm pretty "meh" about the anime...I'd read and fallen in love with the manga first, and wasn't even planning on watching it until a friend of mine convinced me otherwise. It was entertaining, but I wasn't crazy about it. I was really not a fan of the way they portrayed Winry (too nosy) or Riza (not enough personality), and just in general...meh. Lol that's really all I have to say about it.

In terms of depth of the characters and relationships I think the manga is just on a different level, and the Ishval flashbacks were definitely a big part of that because it showed just how intertwined all the characters lives are and how deep the bonds are as well. I can't imagine Brotherhood would leave something that important out, especially because the tattoo has now become a plot point. And Ed's whole conversation with Riza is really important because it illustrates what her and Roy's objectives really are.

Edit: @crazyanimefan - your fic is really cute wub.gif I enjoyed it a lot - everything was great! I shall elaborate in review form ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css