HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post Aug 11 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #17461

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (spectator @ Aug 11 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Hmm... A lot of debate going on here. Personally, I feel that anything can happen but for now, I don't want to guess anything that might not happen at the end. I'm crossing my fingers and just hope that at the end will be a perfect hapiness for all the characters. wink.gif As usual, I'm an optimist wink.gif

And that's the right attitude about the situation, I mean, I accept all opinions... but... reading about it over and over again makes me a little bit frustrated with respect to the whole issue. Neither of them has to die, and neither of them will, I'm sure of that. Take Chapters 39 and 95, any one of them could have easily died there, but they didn't. Anyway, that's my opinion on the matter wink.gif

By the way, thanks for that Kale biggrin.gif

@spectator: Except for the info that paca posted, nothing much.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 11 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #17462

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Yeah... I'm almost positive she won't die to open the portal, as I've stated my reasons in the thread about that theory... but I mean, dying, really. Just dying.

And, no, Riza cannot become Lust because Lust was not reabsorbed by Father, she was destroyed. Which means, she cannot be reconstructed again. The part of Father's soul which contains the 'Lust' was already destroyed. (like a horcrux! lol)

I just have this strong feeling something really bad is coming next chapter (based on the last page of this one). And I'm kinda scared, actually, as to what it might be. Father and his plans frighten me! lol And the presence of both Riza and Scar makes me wonder, since they're not 'possible sacrifices'... what sort of role might they take other than becoming prey? And where the heck is May, btw... I'm just really... impressed by Arakawa right now, cause it's been a LONG while since anyone had made me so aprehensive and curious about something.

I can tell this month's waiting will be a lot worse than the one from the chap 94-95, for me... sad.gif Oh, God... :s

But you guys are right... it would be really mean of Arakawa to make Roy loose Riza after all that's happened. I mean, can't ANYTHING good happen in that guy's life?? It's just tragedy after tragedy. Of course, she's an autor that makes the story that contributes for the plot she's developing and that's the main thing (and that's why Hughes died: he had to, for the story to continue), but she's also not a mean person that goes on killing characters for the likes of it.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Aug 11 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #17463

@Turdaewen: That's part of Arakawa's magic. She keeps you waiting, almost worries you for the outcome of the upcoming events (remember how we all were while waiting for 95, afraid that something would have happened to either of our two darlings?) She's a master storyteller and all of this trepidation is showing how damn good she is at all this.

And I'm sure Riza and Scar's presence will play an essential role in this whole situation. And... I think at this point, they don't really have to open the portal... to be sacrifices...

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Aug 11 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #17464

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Aug 11 2009, 11:18 AM) *
And, no, Riza cannot become Lust because Lust was not reabsorbed by Father, she was destroyed. Which means, she cannot be reconstructed again. The part of Father's soul which contains the 'Lust' was already destroyed. (like a horcrux! lol)

Well that's a relief.... That would be terrible....

Ha ha! Homunculus/Horcrux comparison=WIN!

+Quote Post
spectator
post Aug 11 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #17465

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Aug 11 2009, 12:22 PM) *
@Turdaewen: That's part of Arakawa's magic. She keeps you waiting, almost worries you for the outcome of the upcoming events (remember how we all were while waiting for 95, afraid that something would have happened to either of our two darlings?) She's a master storyteller and all of this trepidation is showing how damn good she is at all this.

She makes me, an amateur fanfic writer, feel more amatuer. I always try my best to think on the way she thinks to keep the characters be themselves. Sometimes, I was carried away and wrote something not like them at all. Anyway, it's really hard to know how they behave in certain situation. I usually end up sitting in front of my laptop and staring at the blank draft for hours. The most difficult person to write about, it's Riza, in my case. She's not a consistent character and it's really hard to make her behave like the one she is in the manga. 'No! She won't say that or do that!' or 'God! That's so not her!" every time I read my own work. I do have some improvement over time. I think rewatching the episodes and rereading the manga do help a lot. Hmmm.... What do you guys think?

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Aug 11 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #17466

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Riza definitely can be hard to write because she has so many sides to her, and you only get to see certain ones at particular times.... That's what makes finding a good RoyAi fan fiction next to impossible (other than on this thread, since everyone here is so in tune with the manga that I haven't seen any OOC fics here)

Anyhow...

Fuhrer Roy = I don't know if we'll see him as Fuhrer at the end or not, but I think he will be, too. No offense, but I can't picture Olivia as the next Fuhrer. I can't see them working together, either, so I have no idea (Arakawa must have brought up her interest in the position for a reason, so IDK what she plans to do with that). Then we have to worry about the soldiers of Ishbal being punished, so it's kind of like a catch 22 in some ways.

And Riza, I always have that little bit of worry but for two reasons I'm keeping positive:
1. Roy already had a huge breakdown, and I don't think he'll be having another one two minutes later. I'm hoping he's back on track now.
2. Everything amestris star said, pretty much XD She worded it perfectly...

hand-made-city - Awesome job fixing Riza's picture! You just proved that it isn't hard to make a pretty, yet still IC image of Riza! lol

Thanks for that bit about the game, paca and Black Hayate! It certainly sounds promising...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 11 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #17467

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

About Riza possibly dying: RoyxRizaFan said basically everything I wanted to say. I feel like we're constantly being jerked around emotionally, but that's all part of the fun!

Roy as Fuehrer: I can see it. But, again, like RoyxRizaFan says, there's making Ishbal right. (Not that it can really be made right, but you get what I'm saying, I hope.)

Perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like they'll still both be alive and well in the end. Maybe not under the happiest of circumstances, but it just seems like things have come way too far to kill both of them off, let alone either one. Obviously, I have no really good basis for this other than my own convictions, but I'm still hoping!

And this game... I am liking the sound of it more and more. I probably will never play it, to be honest. I'll probably just find the cutscenes and go from there. I'm betting it'll be pretty amazing, though.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 11 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #17468

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (spectator @ Aug 11 2009, 11:11 AM) *
She makes me, an amateur fanfic writer, feel more amatuer. I always try my best to think on the way she thinks to keep the characters be themselves. Sometimes, I was carried away and wrote something not like them at all. Anyway, it's really hard to know how they behave in certain situation. I usually end up sitting in front of my laptop and staring at the blank draft for hours. The most difficult person to write about, it's Riza, in my case. She's not a consistent character and it's really hard to make her behave like the one she is in the manga. 'No! She won't say that or do that!' or 'God! That's so not her!" every time I read my own work. I do have some improvement over time. I think rewatching the episodes and rereading the manga do help a lot. Hmmm.... What do you guys think?

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Aug 11 2009, 12:29 PM) *
Riza definitely can be hard to write because she has so many sides to her, and you only get to see certain ones at particular times.... That's what makes finding a good RoyAi fan fiction next to impossible (other than on this thread, since everyone here is so in tune with the manga that I haven't seen any OOC fics here)

I agree, it's a bit of a challenge because Riza can be very, very subtle at times and her actions still get the message across clearly. There have been many instances of me staring at my computer for long periods of time trying to reword a sentence just so it has that effect lol...and even then I don't know if I ever really do it. And she is so complex that it's hard to know which parts of her personality to bring out when and not make her seem OOC. But I really enjoy writing her ^^

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Aug 11 2009, 03:18 PM) *
About Riza possibly dying: RoyxRizaFan said basically everything I wanted to say. I feel like we're constantly being jerked around emotionally, but that's all part of the fun!

I agree! The fact that I worry about the characters and that I feel so emotionally invested in this series is something that I really like. It's more fun to be wondering about what's going to happen and being pulled in so many different directions than to just feel like you're reading the same thing over and over every week/month. I don't really want to make predictions because I just feel like whatever Arakawa does will be awesome and that she'll continue to take this series in the right direction. It's nice to have such faith in the mangaka...unlike other series where I've all but given up hope ^^;

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Aug 11 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #17469

Member No.: 52,558

OK ten pages later, I finally watched episode 19. Royai forever. I know the discussion has been serious but I really need to say this. Roy with his shirt open made me melt. Jeez he is ripped. The aime tends to make Ed and Roy look more muscular than the manga.

I see we have a major cliffhanger again for chapter 99. Oh well it is something to expect from Arakawa. Turdaewen you bring up good, yet scary theories to me about why Riza and Scar are there. I mean they are not candidates to open the portal or gate, still confused by those terms.

When the Wii game comes out, I will need to search for videos of it on youtube. I don't understand a word of Japanese. But if there are Royai moments in it than I will translate the dialogue in my mind.

@amestris_star You and Kale posted another part of your story. Do you remember what page you posted it on? Because I really need to read it.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Aug 11 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #17470

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Aug 12 2009, 06:35 AM) *
@amestris_star You and Kale posted another part of your story. Do you remember what page you posted it on? Because I really need to read it.

@FMAobsessed: Check out my LJ (http://amestris-star.livejournal.com) and it should be the second entry if I'm not mistaken wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Aug 12 2009, 04:05 AM
Post #17471

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

curious post for epic scan

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Fu...ist/item251078/

EDIT: the word "rando m" is filtered to the word "curious"? And why is that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Aug 12 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #17472

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Yep, this scan is definetely epic.

For the ones who allready downloaded 98...
I'll post my royaish opinion here...
I am so happy that we finally see Hawkeye AND Roy...
BUUUUT... they don't talk with each other. No more interactions...
And then, the final showdown! Omg! I sense danger... could it be that they don't get any time to...eeeh... be royaish?

*sigh*

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Aug 12 2009, 05:12 AM
Post #17473

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

Yeah they seemed to get over the Envy incident pretty fast. Then again some time passed while Wrath, Sloth and Greed were shown so they could've dealt with that, only we werent able to see it... I really have no idea what's happening now, I dont even know Father's intentions (cause I skipped a massive chunk of the manga) so no idea. Maybe mid-fight, Roy will try to protect her or something, as right now she seems to be powerless compared to the Scar, Ed and Roy at the moment. "Guns dont work on anything these days!", you know what I'm sayin'?

EDIT: Oops the scan I posted just before was already posted in another thread. A bit slow of me. :S

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 12 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #17474

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Yeah, it's seems like things will get a little complicated, but, reading the chapter whole, now, it makes me feel that there're two characters that are in TRUE danger of dying: Scar and Fuu. (don't ask me why... it's just a feeling)
Rethinking on the way Arakawa usually works, once my emotional fear got back to normal and I began being rational again, Riza doesn't seem like the best candidate to dying. She's already hurt, she passed through an emotional rollercoaster less than 10 chapters ago. And, more than that, seems she's still has a big job ahead of her after all the fights are over, with the whole 'helping Roy' and clarifying Ishval.
Yes, I discovered that it is, in fact, Ishval and not Ishbal!

The characters that usually die in FMA seem to combine two things: their death is important to the story and they seem not to have any major 'job' or dilemma to deal with, anymore. It's like that character is already 'wrapped up' and there's nothing more to work on it, which is not Riza's case.

Changing the subject, can I ask something: why is it that 90% of the Royai fanfics puts up as if Roy's paperworks is like, infinite?? I mean, of course, he's got a LOT of job to do, but it's not like they can just 'produce' more paperwork once he's finished. That's so... unreal. It's an cliché image: Roy finishes his paperwork and, suddenly, out of nowhere, Riza appears with a package thrice as big!
It's good for a joke, of course, but it sorta wears out if you over use it (which they are), as if Roy's only work was to fill out forms.
It's rare to see any fanfics that show Roy going out on inspections or meetings, or any sort of research...

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Aug 12 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #17475

Member No.: 52,558

Thank you for posting the link to your story amestris_star! Also thanks JELEE for that epic scan. I haven't seen it yet. So it made me happy.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 11:10 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css