HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 910 911 912 913 914 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
DNA
post Dec 10 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #13666

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,482

I AM GOING TO MAKE YOU ALL UNICORNS

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Dec 10 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #13667

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

@RoyxRizaFan: I totally know which vid you are talking about. I have it on my faves on YouTube. I absolutely loved it as well. I really like watching the caught-on-camera versions because hearing fangirl squees at the RoyxRiza is hilarious and endearing at the same time.

On the topic of Anime Boston, I only wish I could actually go to any kind of con, but I am super broke, not to mention the 'rents probably wouldn't let me go anyways.

Raws of the new chapter came out. It was great and amazing and creepy, but I was still a little sad to not see what was happening with Roy and the gang. Not saying that I dont love Ed or Ling or RanFan, but just seeing Roy, Riza, Havoc, and the others kick butt together makes me smile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Dec 11 2008, 02:31 AM
Post #13668

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (CodenameElizabeth @ Dec 10 2008, 12:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Dec 9 2008, 11:10 PM) *
Any ideas about how/why he dies?

Not particularly. I was thinking originally that it would be a cliche "line of duty" type of thing, but then I figured it might be more interesting if the death were to be a 'freak accident'... something unexpected. Kind of a "Dammit, it wasn't supposed to end this way." situation. (Car accident, illness, other kind of freak-of-nature type situation. Could be particlarly ironic if it involved fire in some way...)

I like the freak accident suggestion. Well, I'll be brainstorming.

QUOTE ('FMAobsessed')
Quick question. I don't know if this has been asked but when did everyone start to become fans of Roy and Riza?

Watching FMA repeats on cartoon network with my aunt. I got tired of having to see the episodes out of order and searched for it online, and then found the manga. I liked their dynamics from the start, and started reading fanfiction, which lead to writing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Firearm Alchemis...
post Dec 11 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #13669

Citizen

Member No.: 55,052

QUOTE (crazyanimefan @ Dec 11 2008, 01:04 PM) *
@RoyxRizaFan: Raws of the new chapter came out. It was great and amazing and creepy, but I was still a little sad to not see what was happening with Roy and the gang. Not saying that I dont love Ed or Ling or RanFan, but just seeing Roy, Riza, Havoc, and the others kick butt together makes me smile.

Yep. I know what you mean. Seeing mustang's little gang together make me happy...in a wierd way.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Dec 11 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #13670

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

@ FMAObsessed: Well, if that Riza didn't have a wig on and was walking around with a crazy pink haired lady, it was me LOL

@ crazyanimefan: LOL I remember a skit last year about Riza and Roy and the second the announcer said their names, everyone started screaming their LUNGS OUT and she had to stop announcing until we all calmed down...

Good times.

Well, I've read the summary but not the translation *is waiting for onemanga chapter* AHH! I need my RoyAi! It's been ages since they've exchanged more than two sentences *cries*

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Dec 11 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #13671

Apprentice

Alas, we only get monthly doses of FMA, and even fewer Royai moments. *sigh*

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to FMA season 2. I didnt see season 1 (I'm more of a manga person, and most of the people I asked said the manga was better anyways), but I cant wait for Riza and Roy's past together to be animated. That would be amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Dec 11 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #13672

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

@RoyxRizafan sorry I don't remember if I saw you or not. I saw so many people and it was a while ago. I do remember going to the Pillows concert. Did you go? It was awesome.

@crazyanimefan I think everyone is looking forward to FMA season 2. My brother told me about it during the summer and I didn't believe him at first. But he ended up to be right and now I am very happy. The Roy and Riza past scenes during the Isbalan (sp?) war would be amazing.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Dec 11 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #13673

State Alchemist (Major)

It's all good. I totally didn't expect you to remember LOL I didn't go to the concert, but I heard it was amazing!

I remember glomping every Roy in the halls while I was Riza...UGH...I need to get out of Anime Boston mode...I'm getting all reminiscant...

Yeah, we haven't had RoyAi since like July last year. *sobs*

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Dec 11 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #13674

Apprentice

Lol, last I had some RoyAi was...two months ago? That was when I sat at my computer reading all the chapters on OneManga until I caught up to the current ones. Still, there's always fanfic and doujinshi to keep me happy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Dec 11 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #13675

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

I became a fan of the pairing because I found their relationship to be a very deep, mature, and "adult" relationship. When you get to be an old fart like me, you get sick of seeing all of the teenage romance in anime and manga (now, I LOVE Ed/Winry to death, but that relationship is written WELL even though the two are teens. I don't hate on EVERY teenage romance.)

With the characters of Roy and Riza, they are both two mature adults in their late 20's - early 30's who have been through a lot together. The two definitely "love" each other in my opinion, but theirs is not the stereotypical "hearts and flowers" kind of love. They are both serious and duty-driven individuals, and know how to keep a relationship "on the down low" in a way teenagers often do not.

I am not a romantic. Therefore I can appreciate a relationship like this. It just seems very real and believable to me. And Arakawa writes it well.

(And FWIW, I am ALWAYS in "Anime Boston Mode." I kid you not. Con never seems to end for me, OR the rest of the Execs/senior staffers! There is always another year to plan!)

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Dec 12 2008, 03:48 AM
Post #13676

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Loving the new manga chapter - well, what I can gather from pictures and summaries - and it's awesome but... not quite as awesome as the last one. cool.gif I may change my mind after reading it through properly, though.

Small question, does anyone have a rough idea of when the new anime series will hit America or Europe? (Europe moreso, because that's where I am). I'm just curious. happy.gif Not sure why I'm asking because no doubt 'll be able to see it online sometime... Gah, I hate waiting, so impatient!

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Dec 12 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #13677

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I too am in anime boston mode. I really need to start saving money for it.
@FailtoImpress, sorry I only know that the FMA series 2 premieres in April of 2009. I don't know about the United States or Europe.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #13678

State Alchemist (Major)

I'm assuming some curious people will sub it online. I'm not sure, though...

I'm always in Anime Boston mode, too, but I try my best not to show it *and FAIL*. I was just telling a friend who's going for their first time about it a second ago, too LOL

@ CodenameElizabeth - I love the way you described them. That's why I like them, too. They're not stereotypical.

And I have a Olivia siggy now LMAO She kicked [All hail lord Xenu] in this chapter...as usual...but STILL!

Missed Roy and Riza, though...*cries* Poor Denny has no idea what he's talking about...

EDIT: no matter how many times I see the censor [All hail lord Xenu], it amuses me to death...

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Dec 13 2008, 04:30 AM
Post #13679

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

^Yeah, I kinda thought that it would be subbed and put online... I can be patient.
I suppose, none of us were really expecting a new series so I shouldn't complain about having to wait.

god, I should get back on topic. mellow.gif

I like the RoyxRiza pairing for the reasons already suggested, in that it's not a stereotypical, teen thing. It seems much deeper than that.

And yeah, poor Denny. He's so adorable. I really want to see the moment when he finds out Maria is still alive.

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Dec 15 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #13680

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

D'awwwwww, Denny and Maria... MY OTHER OTP (besides Ed/Winry and Roy/Riza.)

RoyxRizafan's sig is Epic Win too... Olivia is my fav. manga character.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 910 911 912 913 914 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 09:15 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css