Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anyone Else Excited About New Legend Of Zelda?, Legend of Zelda 2005
Aqua_Alchemist
post Jan 30 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 257

Yeah it looks very good. But a lack of information makes me a little skeptical, and it's out in a few months.....

By the way it's name is 'The Gates of the Realm' I heard.

(Also link looks very kewl with his swords at the end of the trailer, very prince of persia-ish tongue.gif)

--------------------
This section of my signature will be used in memory of Lint the chocolate kitten, that Kase had.

Part of the forum family, Older Brother (onii-chan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to glass factory.....now :P :D

Glassfactory page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky black clouds were gathering
The silence was broken by cries
In the gloomy sky - The silence where dead angels lie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Jan 30 2005, 09:51 AM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

The Gates of the Realm? Awesome~! =D

During that trailor I had a slight LoTR mood.

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Aqua_Alchemist
post Feb 3 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 257

^^ I know how you feel, this is going to be epic smile.gif

--------------------
This section of my signature will be used in memory of Lint the chocolate kitten, that Kase had.

Part of the forum family, Older Brother (onii-chan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to glass factory.....now :P :D

Glassfactory page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the gloomy sky black clouds were gathering
The silence was broken by cries
In the gloomy sky - The silence where dead angels lie

+Quote Post
white dragon kni...
post Feb 3 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 6,071

Yes it looks great, and im definitly gonna buy it

+Quote Post
Ghost
post Feb 3 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 823

I try to be understanding, but I can't help having a slight prejudice against people who say Wind Waker "isn't Zelda-ish." You got your quest, your tri-force, your Master Sword, your dungeons, your Ganon, your Zelda, your assorted gizmos and artifacts etc. Just because it didn't play like a carbon copy of every other previous Zelda game is no reason to discard it. And for god sake the game mechanics were exactly...exactly like Ocarina of Time. If anything they smoothed out some clunkiness. But it was obviously a "why fix what ain't broke" approach, so don't even try to tell me that just because Link had a football for a head, the game played differently.

I can understand people not liking the Saturday morning cartoon look. I liked it myself, but that's not what I'm bitching about. I'm just sick of people trying to disguise their aesthetic disapproval as an educated concern regarding foundation of the game. Really, when you get down to it, it plays like every other Zelda game. You happen to sail between locations rather than running. That's the only difference besides the plot, which differs from game to game anyway.

Having said that (and probably made a bunch of enemies), I think we can all agree: The new one looks better than everything ever.

I mean, holy crap! Link FINALLY gets to look like the badass we've all known he was since ever. And CHAIN MAIL. Link finally gets ARMOR. You can see it poking out from under his requisite grass-green tunic. Ack! God! SO COOL! And battling from horseback!! Omfg it's so ----in' awesome.

And, to finally answer the question posed by the topic, yes. I will be acquiring said game. P.S. omfg d00d chain mail omg omg

--------------------
Remember, everyone was a noob once. Except me.
WoW: Dragonblight/Horde 'Keis'
Make a little cartoon avatar that looks like yourself. It's neat.

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Feb 3 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

I loved WindWaker! It was very entertaining! I agree with you 100%, Ghost. ohmy.gif

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
blueices
post Feb 3 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

QUOTE(Ghost @ Feb 3 2005, 06:57 PM)
Having said that (and probably made a bunch of enemies), I think we can all agree: The new one looks better than everything ever.

I mean, holy crap! Link FINALLY gets to look like the badass we've all known he was since ever. And CHAIN MAIL. Link finally gets ARMOR. You can see it poking out from under his requisite grass-green tunic. Ack! God! SO COOL! And battling from horseback!! Omfg it's so ----in' awesome.

And, to finally answer the question posed by the topic, yes. I will be acquiring said game. P.S. omfg d00d chain mail omg omg

I won't deny it. I didn't buy game cube because of the cellshaded style of Windwalker. Since Zelda was the only game I was waiting for, I didn't see a point of buying the system otherwise. (I think I admitted it before) I wasn't about to shell out that much cash for something I didn't find attractive. For me, the video game's story is very very important, but since you're staring at the tv for hours on end, you better like what's on the screen, right?

Moving on to the most important topic:
I completely didn't notice the CHAIN MAIL!!! [blue sprints back to watch trailer and drools] Can't wait!

There was a hint of badass link in OoT when he first becomes an adult. (If I remember correctly, he senses Sheik behind him and very memorably whips out his sword in quite a kickass fashion) laugh.gif There was also darkLink (one of my faves....even though he was only around for 4 minutes laugh.gif )

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Ghost
post Feb 4 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Oh totally. I can't say it any clearer than you just did; if you don't like what you're looking at it's gonna be difficult to watch. I got nothing against people who say, "I didn't play Wind Waker 'cause I didn't like the style."

I simply respond, "Yeah it's too bad though. You miss out on a killer game." Although, as I mentioned previously I may still be a little prejudiced toward people who dislike cel-shaded cartoon style. I ain't saying it's rational of me. But there it is. I try to remain open towards people, since it's ridiculous to write someone off for something as silly as aesthetic disagreements. Still, no matter how much I rationalize and attempt to make myself be logical...there's still a little voice in the background saying, "Oh come on, it can't be that big a deal, can it? I mean, shit once you get used to it you realize what a good job they did graphically. They achieved exactly what they were striving for, how can you not respect that!?"

But I really mean no disrespect here. I know it's just a difference of opinions, and I'm trying to rein in my righteous rage. I've been raging righteously all goddamn day, so It's a little like trying to stop a vehicle in motion. I've already got lots of momentum.

And um, yeah. For real! Chain mail! How badass is that!? And the hyper-realistic, dark style? I may've enjoyed Wind Waker, and been able to appreciate it's style, but This is way, WAY cooler!!

Oh yeah you're totally right, future Hyrule was pretty badass. And teen-Link was pretty awesome too. I figured he heard her silent ninja footsteps because he's that bad ass. And yeah, he whips out his piece like all, "wtf u want nigga??" and Sheik is all (in Morpheus' voice), "I'm here...to free your mind."

Okay I don't know what shit I'm even talking about anymore, that's how excited for this new Zelda game I am. And dude, yeah Dark Link and don't forget Fierce Diety Link. I thought of them when I mentioned the 'link-being-cool' thing but I didn't mention them because one isn't Link (really) and the other is like fifty stories tall and only exists in some whack backwards land where up is down and mud is money. You know what I'm talking about. Like maybe if Godzilla ever starts stomping around the Zoran lakes and menacing Hyrule, then Link'll know just what to do...but until that point it's pretty much just reserved for parties. Some people put a lampshade on their head; some people grow thirty meters and whip out a swanky helix-sword. Why was it christmas colored though? Those Japanese and their fascination with Christmas. What the hell is up with that?

I really liked Majora's Mask. It should've been called Link Through the Looking Glass.

But yeah Link could only look so cool when his nose had to be registered as a deadly 64-bit blade with the Hyrule Police Dept. Miyamoto did his best with what he had at the time, to be sure. (Do I even have that name right? I need to go to freakin' sleep).

Note: I originally typed that last sentence, "I don't do to ferakin' sleep." So, case in point. STOP ME! STOP ME BEFORE I SPAM AGAIN!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
blueices
post Feb 4 2005, 07:37 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

QUOTE(Ghost @ Feb 4 2005, 08:00 AM)
And um, yeah. For real! Chain mail! How badass is that!? And the hyper-realistic, dark style? I may've enjoyed Wind Waker, and been able to appreciate it's style, but This is way, WAY cooler!!

Oh yeah you're totally right, future Hyrule was pretty badass. And teen-Link was pretty awesome too. I figured he heard her silent ninja footsteps because he's that bad ass. And yeah, he whips out his piece like all, "wtf u want nigga??" and Sheik is all (in Morpheus' voice), "I'm here...to free your mind."

Okay I don't know what shit I'm even talking about anymore, that's how excited for this new Zelda game I am. And dude, yeah Dark Link and don't forget Fierce Diety Link. I thought of them when I mentioned the 'link-being-cool' thing but I didn't mention them because one isn't Link (really) and the other is like fifty stories tall and only exists in some whack backwards land where up is down and mud is money. You know what I'm talking about. Like maybe if Godzilla ever starts stomping around the Zoran lakes and menacing Hyrule, then Link'll know just what to do...but until that point it's pretty much just reserved for parties. Some people put a lampshade on their head; some people grow thirty meters and whip out a swanky helix-sword. Why was it christmas colored though? Those Japanese and their fascination with Christmas. What the hell is up with that?

I really liked Majora's Mask. It should've been called Link Through the Looking Glass.

But yeah Link could only look so cool when his nose had to be registered as a deadly 64-bit blade with the Hyrule Police Dept. Miyamoto did his best with what he had at the time, to be sure. (Do I even have that name right? I need to go to freakin' sleep).

Note: I originally typed that last sentence, "I don't do to ferakin' sleep." So, case in point. STOP ME! STOP ME BEFORE I SPAM AGAIN!!
[snapback]106373[/snapback]

Your post just made my morning (hillarious) And yes, I know exactly what you mean with weird Christmas Party link in Majora's mask. (Through the looking glass would have definitely been a better title) laugh.gif

The one thing that killed me with Majora's Mask was that the saving system screwed me twice on the upside down level. I had just beaten the boss and was looking for the last fairy when the game FROZE (I thought I could cry cause it had almost taken "6hrs" to do the high speed Goron roll to the chest in that lava area (I wonder if you know what I mean) ?_? (This happened twice!....so the thought of the new Zelda game having that saving system scares me for that very reason) ph34r.gif

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Ryuji1314
post Feb 4 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,944

it actually looks really good. I think I might get it if I try it out first.

--------------------
IPB Image
Uncle to sharpieaddicted and MustEd4Ever
Older Bro to alchemist x
Big Bro to silver bg
'Lil Bro to Celestial Fangirl
'Lil Bro to Le Monkey
'Lil Bro to Falling_man
Lone Wolf Brothers: phoenix alchemist and Ryuji1314
Bro to Mike

Another Forum I got to now: IPB Image <-- Click Here

+Quote Post
Ghost
post Feb 4 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #26

Apprentice

Dude, Ices that totally sucks. Did you ever finish Majora's Mask? If not I urge you to give that game another shot. The home stretch before the end of the game gets so f--king creepy it's awesome. And I never had any saving problems...at least none that I can recall, so maybe your copy was screwed up or something.

Holy Dude! I just watched that preview; it's the same one (almost) that I saw before, only with better music. I'm gonna look for more videos, if I find any good ones, do people want me to link them here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChibiEdwardElric
post Feb 5 2005, 01:34 AM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 6,835

There's a trailer out there somewhere?

I've been stuck with screenshots.

The best thing about Zelda is it never changes, unless you play four swords, that sucked.

I can't wait for the new game. That's the game they should have made for the gamecube the first time around. Link looks so hot older and there won't be no complaints about the kiddy look because there isn't one.

Yeah, I can't wait. I think I'll go sketch him out.

I love all the Zelda games, except those dumbass CD-I Games though I don't consider those Zelda games at all

--------------------
Who would win, Godzilla or Edward Elric?

I think Ed.

+Quote Post
Ryuji1314
post Feb 5 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

well basically all Zelda games are the best except for like Zelda 2, (which I think sucks) but this one is going to be the real hit I think. I mean A Link to the Past was a freaking great game and there were other ones, but that one was awesome. I think this new one is going to be as good as A Link in the Past or maybe even better.

--------------------
IPB Image
Older Bro to alchemist x
Big Bro to silver bg
'Lil Bro to Le Monkey
'Lil Bro to Falling_man
Bro to Mike

+Quote Post
Ghost
post Feb 6 2005, 06:02 AM
Post #29

Apprentice

Y'know what's funny? I didn't like Link to the Past. I thought it was really boring, and way too hard. Although the boring might've been because of the hard. Couldn't get past the insane battering-ram worm thing in the temple where it keeps knocking you through holes in the floor down to lower floors.

That, and the plot didn't engage me in the least.

On another note; I know it's what a lot of hard-core Zelda fans are after, but I will never be able to agree that lack of change is a desirable quality. To be sure, certain thematic elements run like a thread through each game, but for the most part I don't like the "if you've played one you've played them all" feel in my games. It's why I loved Majora's Mask so much, and Wind Waker. They were similar, therefore familiar, but different enough to be fun to discover. Ocarina of Time was new, obviously, because it was the first 3D adventure (again, discounting those awful CDi games), but they also added a lot to the formula to make it unique beyond that. It wasn't just Link in three dimensions, but the temples and environments were so...in character. Certain temples were creepy, mysterious... Nintendo squeezed those environments like an orange, and atmosphere came out.

But as for the entries in the Zelda lineage which do little more than mimic their predecessors, I can't say they hold my interest much. (Link's Awakening was my first, btw)

But as for this new game, it looks like they've taken Link and thrown him somewhere he's never been... into an epic. The Balrog (let's not kid ourselves) and the battlefields and even, hell, just the look of his design seems to create a sense of largeness that's never been in Zelda before. The quests have always been fairly personal with Link, as have the environments you tend to explore. There's usually little more room in a chamber than what there needs to be, and no more enemies than you can reasonably handle. Which is cool too. But I really like the idea of battling a horde, or squaring off against a massive fire-monster. Slicing at marauding moblins from horseback...bah anyway, I don't have anything mroe to say, the rest is just gushing so I'll stem the tide for now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryuji1314
post Feb 6 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #30

Alchemists

has anybody tried the Minish Cap yet? my couz said it was pretty good, but I still prefer the ones on SNES. Even though the new one looks pretty tight

--------------------
IPB Image
Older Bro to alchemist x
Big Bro to silver bg
'Lil Bro to Le Monkey
'Lil Bro to Falling_man
Bro to Mike

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 01:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css