HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 823 824 825 826 827 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
natsu-hime
post Aug 14 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #12361

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,217

@Twilightz oooo nice sig!

http://natsumi726.deviantart.com/art/the-m...family-61755355 >>> illustration for my doujinshi >.<
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Aug 14 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #12362

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,242

QUOTE(natsu-hime @ Aug 15 2007, 12:05 AM) *
@Twilightz oooo nice sig!

http://natsumi726.deviantart.com/art/the-m...family-61755355 >>> illustration for my doujinshi >.<

Cute! Though I'm of the mind that Roy is going to name one of his kids Maes.

And no, I don't think Royai is quite canon yet. I feel that it is canon that Riza loves Roy, that much is obvious from the breakdown, but it hasn't quite been established that Roy cares for Riza more then his other subordinates. (Though the whole hostage thing is a big step in that direction).

At this point I don't think either of them are thinking a whole lot about romance. In fact, it's likely they think that they don't have time at all for it given the scenario Roy and Riza expect to happen once they overthrow the fuhrer.

God, that chapter where Riza's explaining all this to Ed makes me cry every time.

--------------------

Anne Packrat
Writer, Cosplayer, Oddball

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Aug 15 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #12363

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Aug 15 2007, 12:27 AM) *
At this point I don't think either of them are thinking a whole lot about romance. In fact, it's likely they think that they don't have time at all for it given the scenario Roy and Riza expect to happen once they overthrow the fuhrer.

QFT.

FMA is NOT a romance manga in the least. Even the heavily-shipped pairings are at most hinted at because they are not the main focus of the manga. I'm of the mindset that NO ONE is thinking necessarily of romantic relationships right now, however, knowing who is close to them and who they can trust is integral in their reaching their final goals (perfect example of this was the whole scenario that recently happened in the North. I sensed that camraderie and trust were very strong themes throughout those chapters whether it was Olivia and her suboordinates at Briggs or Ed/Al/Winry teaming up with Scar/Marcoh/MeiChan in the fight against Kimbley.)

TwilightZ, where do you get the brushes you use for your sigs? I've gotten some nice sets off of Deviantart

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Ice_Alchemist578
post Aug 15 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #12364

Citizen

Member No.: 47,311

Tombow-yes im working extremely hard with my show... and that is why i haven't been posting much lately! it stinks because im missing out, but opening night is *gasp* tomorrow night so im pretty much going to be gone for the weekend since our parties last all night afterwards lol. well a little more on topic chapter 74 is amazing i loved it. yay for Royai. i love how they understand each other smile.gif lol

Riza Hawkeye 9-helllo, i haven't met you yet, but welcome,

ehhh sorry im not updating my stories until after my show, i promise right after i will return to the world of fanfic and Royai thread lol love you all smile.gif

--------------------

"It's Not A burden I forced on me. It's a decision i made myself. I Take full responsibility any time i fire a round. But he's the reason i pull the trigger." ~Riza Hawkeye~

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer don't you know you're unlike any other, you'll always be my thunder and I said your eyes are the brightest of all the colors i don't want to ever love another, you'll always be my thunder, so bring on the rain, bring on the thunder Royai forever <3

I'll admit it, i've tried alchemy :)

My Fics (all Royai! <3)

~FMA Fanatic~ <3

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 15 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #12365

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Wow... I've just been waiting for the 74 translation on One Manga, so I haven't said much (for me, anyway). That, and I've been busy with stuff in and out of the house. Stupid 20-year remodel. Stupid summer homework.

Anyway, about the Royai/canon thing. 'Tis true. Much as I dislike to admit it, it's not exactly canon. EdWin is, though not blatantly except for Winry saying it and Ed getting as close as he ever will to admitting it to someone else. Sad, but I think I'll live. I mean, it seems more like Roy & co. are one big, happy, somewhat dysfunctional family with all of them together. It's just that if you isolate Roy and Riza, well, I see building potential. Lots of it, too.

Also, FMA is explicitly stated as an action manga. That doesn't mean it can't have other elements, but it's certainly much more action (and heavy stuff) than romance. Romance is good and all, but it wouldn't be there without the action, wouldn't you say? Or am I just crazy?

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 15 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #12366

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@natsu-hime - Cute drawing of a FMA *coughRoyaicough* family!! biggrin.gif

@Ice - Wow, the opening of your play is tomorrow night?? Best luck, and break a leg!!
And, yeah, I loved that Roy and Riza scen in the new chapter!! ^^

@JS - Yeah, translations are out everywhere (except ZOMGFT. I'm still waiting.. sad.gif )

And, about Royai in FMA... Haha, yeah, I would never expect Harlequin Romance Novels out of FMA. Nor I want to. So, if it has to have "Love" word uttered by one of them, or some kissing scenes or whatnot to unequivocally prove to some people that Royai is a cannon, we may never get such "proof." What I see in FMA are strong bonds, between Ed and Al, Ed and Winry, Mustang and his subordinates, and in recent chapters Olivier and the Northern "monolith" army, and yes, Roy and Riza. Some people call some of those "love," and others may call with other names. Whatever Roy and Riza have between them, I can see it's very strong, and I can see they deeply trust each other, and I dig it, enjoy it, and continue to 'ship it. smile.gif
I will continue to hope for more definitive "Royai moments," but with the number of remaining FMA chapters dwindling, I will take whatever the Roy and Riza scenes I can get. (And, there are always fanfics to explore for those who need more "romance" out of FMA world. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schubes
post Aug 15 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #12367

Citizen

Member No.: 47,338

I was bored and hadn't posted in a while so I just decided to drop by and say hello to everyone. biggrin.gif

yay for the lil royai in the latest chapter! and for roy sitting on a toilet XD

I made a new thing for the beginning of my amvs haha a little more everyone friendly? well at least more than the finger =D

O speaking of amvs i wanna make a new one but i have yet to come across just the right song. =( i hate when i hit road blocks like this
I have made another amv but sadly it's not royai. If anyone likes Bleach I'll leave the link in case you would like to watch it. =]
Paralyzed - Finger 11 - Bleach - Ichigo & Rukia

so what's up everyone?! not much here lol getting ready for my concert im going to on friday. 12 hrs out in the sweltering sun listening to 11 different bands. with all the stuff im taking with me, u'd think i was going on some safarii blink.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 15 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #12368

Group Icon

@Schubes - Nice to see you!! biggrin.gif
Hey, you got a new front for your AMV!! It looks really nice!!
(Yes, much friendlier than the fingers. laugh.gif )
I'm still having super slow net connection, but I will check your AMV when I get better connection!! ^^

As for myself, I'm still trying to shift through new informations we got on FMA chapter 74.
Right now many theories, and no definite answer about what we saw in chapter 74. ^^
There are just so much stuff in that chapter!!! ^^

And meantime... this is such a fun fanart I have to share it!! XDD
It's done by one of our newest member to our board, Desu ne?.
(I posted on Desu ne?'s fanart thread to stop by on this thread, too. biggrin.gif)

Paperwork is fun, fun, fun by Desu ne?.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Aug 15 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #12369

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,242

QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 15 2007, 11:57 PM) *
@Schubes - Nice to see you!! biggrin.gif
Hey, you got a new front for you rAMV!! It looks really nice!!
(Yes, much friendlier than the fingers. laugh.gif )
I'm still having super slow net connection, but I will check your AMV when I get better connection!! ^^

I'm still trying to shift through new informations we got on FMA chapter 74.
Right now many theories, and no definite answer about what we saw in chapter 74. ^^

And... this is such a fun fanart I have to share it!! XDD
It's done by one of our newest member to our board, Desu ne?.
(I posted on Desu ne?'s fanart thread to stop by on this thread, too. biggrin.gif)

Paperwork is fun, fun, fun by Desu ne?.

Well, in my stories, Roy has good reason to finish his paperwork! *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

If you're curious look for "Paperwork" by Anne Packrat on fanfiction.net. As you can probably guess, it's rather dirty. cool.gif

--------------------

Anne Packrat
Writer, Cosplayer, Oddball

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Aug 15 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #12370

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

Oh my!

@ Tombow-dono Thank you for all of the wonderful work of providing us w/ a translation! [double thanks for rearranging my previous post!]

-----

Royai Canon: Hmmmmmm...I think there is something to be said in what has been said. But I'm also a believer in what is not said. There is a ton of evidence implying that there is something between Roy and Riza, but we will not get a straight answer, not yet anyways.

Summer Fest: I'm sorry that I've been away so much! I've PM'd Amethyst Sunset w/ a couple of ideas. I'm just trying to remember what week the Fest was to be happening in...I'll go back and look to refresh my brain.

Be back soon!

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 15 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #12371

Group Icon

@Starrie - Nice to see you!! ^^
The Royai Summer Festival period I suggested was the week of Aug. 19, and ending on Aug. 25. Saturday, with probably the annuncement of Stormie's contests winners on the last day.
But, whatever you and Amethyst Sunset can come up with is fine with me. happy.gif
Oh, and after all, you were right all along with Mustang's spelling of Bradley/Bladley. ^^

@Anne Packrat - Haha, yeah, I bet some "motivation" would help Roy to get his work done fast. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desu ne?
post Aug 15 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #12372

Citizen

Member No.: 49,110

Hi everyone. ^^

Tombow pointed me to this place when he posted in my fanart thread. So here I am. I'm new to the board and I have a soft spot for the Roy/Riza pairing. Me stumbling upon FMA itself was pretty random, since in the first place I never considered checking it out, but one day I was bored and the article on FMA on wikipedia. Then I watched some amvs of the anime, read the first few chapters. What may have started my liking of the Roy/Riza pairing might have been the scene in the anime where Riza cries over Roy whom she believes to be dead (saw it in an amv so I didn't have the context or what happened after). It made me go "What? He dies? What happened here? I want to know." I started searching for the anime episodes but I didn't find a lot, so I read more of the manga instead.

I'm liking it a lot (especially the military parts xD I tend to read the Ed & co parts less carefully). Well, anyway I won't turn this post into an essay..

I saw Tombow already posted the one of my pictures.

Here is another with Roy and Riza in it, dressed as waiters and with err.. cat ears.
Roy and Riza as waiters

Anyway I'll stick around I guess.

--------------------
Avatar made my me, inspired by an omake, so don't steal it please.
My deviantart with ongoing (original) comic and also some FMA pics: http://alet-maon.deviantart.com/ And, if you have the time, please do check out my website at: http://www.freewebs.com/creativity-unlimited/index.htm It's still being worked on but updates are coming.

~NI-PAAAH!~

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 15 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #12373

Group Icon

@Desu ne? - Welcome, welcome, welocme!!!
Glad you made it here!! We are the longest character discussion thread, and IMO, one of the friendliest threads on our board. I bet you're gonna like it here!! happy.gif
Yes, we talk about Roy and Riza and Royai, and we go on and on and on. ^^
Just relax, and pull up your chair, and join us for the Royai fun!! ^^
And, if you like, we have some Royai fanart contest going on our thread, too.

In case you're interested, here are rules for Stormie's contests. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stormie's Royai Twilight Fanfic/Fanart/Doujin/Famworks Contests
(Inspired by Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse* series of books by Stephanie Meyer.)

Theme: "Royai - Twilight."*
Create fanfics, fanarts, or comics, with Vampire!Roy and Anything Goes!Riza.

Rating: Safe to read/view by 12 years old. (That's the younger end of our thread viewers. ^^)

Length/Size: From one time shot to an epic length for fanfics, and any size for fanarts & comics. For Fanarts/Fanworks entries, if some other artists' fanarts/fanworks are incorporated, please make sure that the original artist(s) would not object to your using his/her fanarts. ^^

Submission Period: By Thursday, Aug. 23, 2007 ??? or please ask Starrieidgirl. ^^

Prize: No material prizes, but Stormie will carry the winning fanarts, and maybe the links to winning fanfics, in her sig for a period of time (I think she might have said one month.) biggrin.gif

There will be selection for: First place, and Second Place, and Third Place.
And also (maybe) for Cutest Picture, and Best Costumes, and Funniest Picture, and and Most Romantic Scenario.

* This is a part of passage from the series:
"I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again.
This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mineŚlike he was afraid we had only so much time left to us."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Aug 15 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #12374

Apprentice

Member No.: 49,217

@ Desu ne? - hai hai irasshaimaseee! btw nice nekomimi roiai ^^

http://luckysevenstars.deviantart.com/art/...s-part-53188358 >>> another roiai art from my photography account. no photomanipulations i use scanner, harry potter book, tea-dyed paper, printer, and candle ^^

and i think i know why june 11 is roiai day (i think somebody else must've thought of it too) 11th is the day of the month when shonen gangan is published in japan and why is it june there must be something 'roiai-ish' in the chapter that was published in june between 2004-2005 (since i think the term 'roiai' is used before 2006) maybe it's the first chapter where arakawa show roiai hints, or the first chapter where they showed up or the first tankoubon release (gotta check the old archives for that) i check on birthdays too but sadly arakawa-sensei is too lazy to thought up her characters' birthday so and i checked the jap seiyuu birthdays but it didn't match too (roy - toru ookawa, february 28 1960, riza - michiko neya, october 4 1965) and US seiyuu birthdays are impossible because the term 'roiai' appears long before they aired it in the US

sorry for posting junks tongue.gif
side note: i shared the same birthday with travis willingham! >.<

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Aug 16 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #12375

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

@ Everyone

So I finished tallying the votes for the swimwear poll, and here are the results:

Riza's color: red (1), pink (2), black (2), and blue [in various shades and hues] 7!

Roy's style: speedo (1) and an overwhelming 10 for shorts!

@ Twilightz I'm such a putz! I would LOVE for you to create a Summer Fest banner!

That goes to anyone else as well! I looked thru a list paca had put up a few pgs ago of some DA links, and they have gotten me motivated!

Go team go!

So start your artistic engines! For the Summer Fest starts Aug 19th! (That's about 3 days away! ohmy.gif )

K! I'm off for bed...I'll check in about eight hours.

Starrie

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 823 824 825 826 827 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 04:56 AM

Copyright ę2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css