Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon Heartgold And Soulsilver
Billea_the_Turtl...
post Oct 18 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,334

Nintendo really should remake Crystal. That was the best game of the series and my personal favorite. But, it will be nice to replay Silver again with updated graphics.

--------------------
"Wisdom begins in wonder." ~Socrates
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 18 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

silver and gold (and crystal) were by far the best pkm games of the series imo, I can't wait for the remakes, and all the new features look interesting, however better technology doesnt nesscarily mean a better game, 2nd generation pkm imo was so good because all the mons were so creative and there was the perfect number of them, so 'catch em all' was perfectly pheasable, with all the new generations there are just too many and imo will pull at this game, however, I'm honestly very excited and can't wait for the english release!!!! will be gettin heartgold

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Oct 22 2009, 03:19 AM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

QUOTE (theanimalmafia @ Oct 18 2009, 09:53 AM) *
Nintendo really should remake Crystal. That was the best game of the series and my personal favorite. But, it will be nice to replay Silver again with updated graphics.

No, HG/SS pretty much has what Crystal offers. it'll be pretty much pointless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Oct 22 2009, 05:20 AM
Post #49

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Sora The Key @ Oct 22 2009, 03:19 AM) *
No, HG/SS pretty much has what Crystal offers. it'll be pretty much pointless.

It lacks Kris, the best thing Crystal offers. Soul is a hick, and should be permanently removed from the Pokemon world.

Also, Emerald had all that Sapphire and Ruby had to offer, the same with Platinum, Diamond and Pearl. They just had a few updated features and some more mini quests. For example, a revamped Crystal might have a more in depth plot involving Suicune. Oh, and Kris. That's all I really care about.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Nov 25 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 42,299

I really doubt that Gamefreak is gonna make a crystal remake since they never made a Yellow remake.
doesn't make sense to me.
and Kotone isn't that bad. I mean Kris is amazing, but Kotone is cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 25 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #51

Lt. General

QUOTE (Meitantei Conan @ Nov 25 2009, 12:38 AM) *
I really doubt that Gamefreak is gonna make a crystal remake since they never made a Yellow remake.
doesn't make sense to me.
and Kotone isn't that bad. I mean Kris is amazing, but Kotone is cool.

Then why did they make emerald? Or platinum? They probably didn't remake yellow cause the originals were lame.

Kotone is a fag.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Nov 26 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Nov 25 2009, 06:02 PM) *
the originals were lame.

ohmy.gif

Are you being serious? Yellow is still, alongside Silver, the best game I've played in the series. What's lame are the new, so sloooow and boooring games, which also happens to have a very unappealing graphical style. The old games have a certain charm to 'em. Love the music and the graphics. And the monsters themselves felt more original. The older games were more fun.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 27 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #53

Lt. General

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Nov 26 2009, 03:19 PM) *
ohmy.gif

Are you being serious? Yellow is still, alongside Silver, the best game I've played in the series. What's lame are the new, so sloooow and boooring games, which also happens to have a very unappealing graphical style. The old games have a certain charm to 'em. Love the music and the graphics. And the monsters themselves felt more original. The older games were more fun.

Yellow/Red/Blue had the worst graphic. You couldn't even tell what the damn things were. They were ugly. ALSO. You could only play as a male. I REFUSE to play as a male.

Slow is better. It gives you more of a storyline. Who wants a game you can finish in a day?

Crystal was the best. It had better graphics, I could play as my own gender, it was the best region of them all, and all the pokemon didn't look retarded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Nov 27 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #54

From a technical standpoint those games has the worst graphics, yes. I agree that Blue and Red are pretty ugly. But Yellow is an improvement, especially since it makes use of a wider colour scheme than it's predecessors, but also because of the better battle animations. I like it, at least.

I'd go with the graphics of Silver over the lame (dare I say soulless?) 2.5 D graphics in the newer games any time.

Slow can be better. But it's not good if it's so slow that it makes you lose interest completely.

Never played Crystal. But the one point I do agree with you on is the option to choose gender; that's definitely an improvement.

(Tbh I haven't played a Pokemón game for years. I grew out of it. But the remake of Gold/Silver might be what it takes to lure me into start playing again. I mean, even if the franchise is aimed at kids, and even if the rest of it; anime, movies, gaming cards etc is pretty childish, the games are fun biggrin.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 27 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #55

Lt. General

The only thing I dislike about these remakes are the lack of Kris. Kotone is gay. It's like they downgraded Kris about 20 times.

The graphics are simply beautiful now. None of the pokemon look fat, they move fluently, and the pixels are neater. HG and SS will have the best graphics yet. But I may not play them at all. A Jhoto without Kris is no Jhoto at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Nov 28 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #56

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Nov 26 2009, 03:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Nov 25 2009, 06:02 PM) *
the originals were lame.

ohmy.gif

See I though the opposite about the newer games. I dislike Ruby and Sapphie because it's so quick to finish compared to Gold and SIlver and to some extent Red and Blue. It also has a bland plot, forgettable characters and is probably my least favourite generation. I agree that Ruby and Sapphire was pretty charmless in places, but the DS Games rectified all of that by seeming to spend more time on creating a coherent plot and giving it some better playing time.

As for the GS remakes, I will definately be playing them through again, remaking the team I had when I was twelve. Brings back good memories and I'm glad they remade them, if only so I can actually play the damn games again. Stupid in-game battery.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Nov 28 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #57

I never played them through; I borrowed Ruby from a friend, and it was so hard for me to get into. It may be that it's quick to finish, but my initial - and the only one i have to go by - impression was that it was very slow paced.

@Washu: Kris, is he the dude from the original G/S?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Nov 28 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

In reply to washu, I completly dissagree, maybe not red and blue so much I did stuggle a little with the graphics, but gold and silver i thought the graphics were awesome when i played (they were a huge upgrade compared to red/blue) XD playing games in the order they're made and the time they're released gives you so much appreciation for how good they are, whereas if you played in reverse, you'd be caught up in things like the 'graphics are crap' or somethin XD Rating this on how much solid, pure enjoyment I got out of the game, my gold was WAY better than any pokemon game before or after it by a collosal amount, and who knows in like 10years maybe people will be saying games like diamond have epically bad graphics XD

To me the dimaond/pearl were awful games, they had none of the charm of the originals had

oh and crystal was really good because you could choose to play as a girl, but I didn't care that in the previous games i couldnt, i mean i don't refuse to play zelda games because link is a guy, and i doubt male players dont play something like metroid because samus is a girl, of course i guess they are characters who can't be changed XD and its a really nice feature of the new games to pick your gender, makes it feel more like a digital you, what i really want them to do, is include a feature to change your appearance! like hair colour, eye colour, clothes, skin colour etc I'd love that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 28 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #59

Lt. General

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Nov 28 2009, 03:32 AM) *
@Washu: Kris, is he the dude from the original G/S?

Never refer to HER in such an insulting way. GOLD was of course brought back.
KRIS:

Just look at that sexiness. Poor thing has to deal with the horrid art from GEN II.

@Forsaken Love- I refuse to play as a male character. Kris was created as an acknowledgment of female fans. She is by far the best improvement in the whole Pokemon game series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Nov 28 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

is that just referring to pokemon or games in general? Before Kris was created I played as a male character and didnt think much of it, but of course I was very happy and enjoyed it more been able to play as a female character, I still wish they'd take it a bit further and let us play around with the appearance a bit more though, that would be much more interesting when playing against live players I think

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 01:02 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css