HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post May 3 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #22396

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Thanks for all the hard work, Tombow! You know we appreciate it! hug.gif

Sooo... Royai day happenings, perhaps?

What we've got so far:

QUOTE (jacksparrow589)
Do we want to do anything (PLEASE SAY YES biggrin.gif ), and how low-key/high-brow do we want to be about it? Also, does anyone have any ideas concerning some sort of theme? To get the ball rolling, I'll throw out my (pretty lame) one: "My favorite thing about Royai is..."

Explanation, in case it's not clear: While I'm sure we all have kind of the same idea, we all have different takes on what it means and how it affects us.

Also, please try to avoid themes that are spoiler-heavy, as we like to include as many people as possible, and not everyone's gotten through everything yet. (I'm sure that there will be more rules about spoilers forthcoming as it is.) smile.gif

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria)
@jacksparrow589 I think that's a fantastic idea! The series has ended and ... (Edited for spoilers. Forgive me!) ... sharing what Royai means to us all seems so appropriate!

QUOTE (Tombow)
As for this year's June 11 Royai Day, I'm all for jacksparrow589's idea! ... For those who are new to this thread, we have been celebrating June 11 Royai Day Festival, on and off, for many years, and I would love to have the celebration again this year! biggrin.gif

Thank you so much (in advance), JS589 and others, for taking the initiative and organizing this year's June 11 Royai Day Celebration! happy.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 4 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #22397

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@jacksparrow Don't worry about having to take out the spoiler in my post, I understand. happy.gif I sort of woke up in the morning to find all the posts concerning the matter had disappeared from this thread. laugh.gif

<ETA: These posts all went to Temporary discussion thread for Royai fans who read Arakawa comment on FMA manga artbook III thread. This topic is now discussed on that thread.
Everyone with this discussion, please head to Temporary discussion thread for Royai fans who read Arakawa comment on FMA manga artbook III thread.^^ ~ Tombow>

@Tombow I know. tongue.gif

I think that the theme you picked is perfectly fine --very apt, as I had said before. The only thing I can think to expand on is the means; Those who enjoy writing could write something (fanfics etc), those who enjoy drawing can draw something. Or if no one feels like doing any of the above, they can simply type up their reasons...All in all, I think it would be fair to accept any form of showing why we love/what our favourite thing is about Royai and what it means to us. xD This should ensure that all is fair and everyone can be included. (Although, this is probably a given in the first place.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 4 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #22398

Oh, yes, definitely feel free to pick your means of expression, as always! Fanfics, fanart, essay, mural... whatever, as long as no direct spoilers are posted for all to see (they should be linked with a MASSIVE warning before them) and as long as it's PG-13. (At least I think it's PG-13... might be PG, though. Let me check on that...)

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 4 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #22399

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,333

Considering that FMA itself is PG-13, I think that should be fine.

I think I have an idea for what I might do! I'm excited!

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 4 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #22400

Group Icon

^If I'm thinking correctly, PG-13 is what we like to keep the content at on this board, because we have members and guests who are quite young, as well as mature (that's just the wide appeal FMA has!) So I'm thinking that PG-13 will be absolutely fine. happy.gif

I can't wait to see what you've got planned, RoyxRizaFan!

I was also thinking that maybe we could also portray (in whichever means we'd like) what we like about Roy and Riza individually, as well as Royai as a whole? They're both absolutely amazing characters, and I think it would be fun to see what we all love about them as individuals, too. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 5 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #22401

Right you are, and PG-13 it is... (I was thinking PG was a little low, but I have a very skewed perspective of the world.)

And yes, of course! We can definitely portray what we like about each as individuals and as a couple! I had hoped that was clear from the start, but I guess not. Oh well. At least it's clear now! Thanks, A Pierrot's Aria! smile.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 5 2011, 01:19 PM
Post #22402

State Alchemist (Major)

I like that idea! Then we'll get better responses than the usual "I like them because they're SUBTLE" (I say this because I do it myself as well, like, every other day lmao I noticed this when I had to stop and think, what's another word for 'subtle,' I feel like using it five times in one post PROLLY isn't a good idea...XDD)

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
LadyNorbert
post May 6 2011, 03:30 AM
Post #22403

Citizen

Member No.: 80,327

I had to share this because it makes me laugh now that I think about it.

I'm not going to be able to participate in this year's Royai Day (my first ever). I will be out of town...because June 11th is the day that my blonde goddaughter is marrying her black-haired fiance!

--------------------
The Elemental Chess Trilogy - an unofficial FMA sequel
Flowers of Antimony ~ Brilliancy ~ The Game of Three Generals
Prequel: Triumvirate

The trilogy at TV Tropes

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 6 2011, 06:45 AM
Post #22404

State Alchemist (Major)

Honestly, the sheer epic of that coincidence can count as your RoyAi day contribution tongue.gif

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 6 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #22405

So, for planning purposes, whatever we choose to do, how many days do we want to celebrate? I know most people are here from timezones all over the place. I'm in the GMT-8 timezone, and I certainly want to be able to celebrate when it's Royai Day in my timezone. I was thinking maybe celebrating from the 12 AM that starts June 11th on the west side of the International Date Line and celebrate until 11:59PM June 12th on the west side of the International Date Line so that everyone's entire June 11th is included. Does that sound good for everyone?

And how organized do you guys want to be? Do you want to just flood the thread with "This is my entry. It's a(n) (fanart/fanfic/essay/photo/banner/image of some sort/whatever). Here's the link."? Or do you want to organize differently, and if so, how would you propose that work? (Be warned, I will likely drag you into the planning if you're serious about it!)

Is there anyone who would want to create the album post(s), too? It really isn't that hard, but if you guys want to get involved, I want to give you the chance!

Just let me know what you guys think, and be warned that if you don't, this will basically be flooding the board and I'll create the album in my own sweet time. tongue.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 6 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #22406

Group Icon

I believe including everyone's June 11th, as you said, would be the fairest option. wink.gif

Also, I think that just posting as normal with an entry would actually be better, albeit slightly disorganised. Of course, this means that some entries will almost inevitably be posted in succession of each other with very little, or no comments (about them) in between. So to remedy this, I'd suggest that if we are to just post our entries freely, that members try to (whether they are celebrating Royai day or not) comment on every entry, and not cherry pick from a few --I think this would make it fair. (And, likewise, if one entry is posted after another, the second entrant will comment on the one above etc). I hope that makes sense!

I also say this because noticing new posts would be the best way to alert people that there is a new entry/general post/reply.

But this is just the state of my backwards thinking. tongue.gif

I do have another idea (albeit with a few kinks to iron out), but I'm not sure about it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 7 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #22407

I agree. If we do just a regular flood of whatever, please try to comment on everything. It doesn't have to be very long, but it can be hurtful if there's one person everyone even randomly skips, and since we're all friends here... Bad.

I'm thinking now, and I'll actually just be out of school at that point, so, depending on job status and whatnot, I might be able to create a preliminary, quick-and-dirty album as we go along just with links to the posts that have different people's submissions on them, and maybe put the link to that post in my signature so that whoever wants to find it doesn't have to go looking for it...

It might, work, it might not. We'll see as time draws closer. But we'll come up with something. We always do. smile.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 7 2011, 08:02 AM
Post #22408

Group Icon

^Yeah that was my thinking. smile.gif

To be honest, I can't think of any other effective ways of introducing entries. The only other idea I could think of was probably a lot more trouble, that's why I decided against posting it. laugh.gif

If you're unable to get the time to create the album, I'll happily do that if no one else feels up to it. happy.gif (Sorry I didn't reply about that before!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post May 8 2011, 09:05 AM
Post #22409

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

This post doesn't have to do with Royai day, but today's mother's day, and I drew a Royai day pic for it, and my friend told me to put it up here, so here you go happy.gif

http://egyptian-sands.deviantart.com/#/d3fu4lv

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 8 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #22410

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Awww, xUltimate_Shieldx I love your drawing!! wub.gif
What a beautiful Royai-Mother's Day drawing! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! happy.gif

OT: @LadyNorbert - Congratulations for the wedding of your goddaughter! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 01:06 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css