HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pleas Tell Me That This Isnt It..., Is there anything after episode 51?? Sequesls??
Popogeejo
post Mar 6 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #61

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(Schaffer @ Mar 6 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]514308[/snapback]
Man..... I would think they would make a sequal to this because the series is so popular. I mean Naruto has a sequal when all the characters are teenagers and its called Naruto Shippudden or something like that.

But the Naruto thing is actually in the Manga (not that that matters) and the Naruto plot was left wide open, the FMA plot is pretty much wrapped up.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fullmetalfemme
post Mar 7 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 45,108

I had this same discussion with some FMA fans on the Adult Swim site (and I must say the "atmosphere" is much nicer and more intelligent on this board!)

Not to give anything away to anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet (and if you haven't, why not??!!) but I really think that with good writing you could pick up somewhere after the movie left off and successfully take Ed and Al on adventures from that point on -- there were already things left in place at the end of the movie that they needed to do for the good of mankind. They would have to find a plausible reason somehow to justify their continuing to use alchemy, of course, but that wouldn't be too hard, especially since they have already established that there are other people in Europe at that time trying to use alchemy themselves.

The crucial key would be, just like it is with any anime show, or all kinds of TV series for that matter, for the writing to be of the same caliber that it always was for the first 51 episodes. I think with all the events that were going on in the time period in Europe the boys were left in, there is plenty of subject matter for background for the Elric boys' adventures for many more seasons if it was done with the same love and care that the first seasons were done with!

Other than showing our love of FMA by continuing to spend our money on the DVD's and manga, is there anything we the fans can do to let them know that we support the idea of more episodes? Being a complete newcomer to the world of anime, I have no idea about such things. But I do know it would be watched!

--------------------
"The tie which links mother and child is of such
pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated."
Washington Irving

siggie brilliantly done and generously provided by Nil-Chan!

+Quote Post
Ratzenheich FMA ...
post Mar 10 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 39,297

Fullmetal Alchemist is something I will miss very much. I have very strong emotional attachments to the series for various reasons I would like to disclose. I'm quite sure that there won't be a sequel. Like Popogeejo said, the plot's been wrapped up for good. I guess it's goodbye for good. sad.gif

If there are going to be any "sequels" or the like, it will probably just be like flashbacks to like 10 or so years from where the movie left off and we might see what the lives of Ed and Al and everyone else in Amestris is like. But seriously, that can't be considered a sequel... The Fullmetal Alchemist is gone. He's in "our" world now. He can't be considered the Fullmetal Alchemist anymore. He's simply Edward Elric now.

Also, who else here thinks that the ending of the Fullmetal Alchemist series is sad? I very much think so.

--------------------

"Destiny is only an excuse to let things happen, and not make things happen"

+Quote Post
Scythoro
post Mar 10 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #64

Apprentice

From: 30° 37' 56" Lat. and -87° 2' 22" Long. at home or 30° 33' 3" Lat. and -87° 13' 13" at school
Member No.: 45,253

Your message contains some spoilers that you might want to hide. Otherwise I completely 100% agree with you. Fortunately there is still the manga. I have been told that the manga and the series only parallel at the beginning and they split up. So if that is true then the more satisfying ending that I'm looking for (and possibly you also) can be found in there. I can only hope.

+Quote Post
Ratzenheich FMA ...
post Mar 11 2007, 03:23 AM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 39,297

Who were you referring to when you said "your message contains spoilers"?

I just do hope the manga has a happier ending. Something like Ed and Al getting their bodies back and being able to stay in Amestris with everyone else. The added factor of "our" world in the anime gives some kind of feeling to the viewers, something I don't think I can explain. It's like when they become separated by two dimensions, there's no hope of ever returning because it seemed like they destroyed the gate for good. And living in "our" world gives us thought of what may happen to them and all that. The tale of the Fullmetal Alchemist has come to an end. Now the story of the Elric brothers are just left for us to imagine. If you've watched the special OVA where Ed's like 100 years old, people may have an idea of what had happened only if that OVA was really meant to be part of the anime series. I'm getting all confused here and my thoughts about these are all mixed up. I'll add more thoughts later.

--------------------

"Destiny is only an excuse to let things happen, and not make things happen"

+Quote Post
jigsaw
post Oct 10 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 52,086

awwwww did just see the movie for the first time :*( it canīt be that way... i pray to the anime gods that more episodes will be made.i knw that wonīt be the case but there is no harm in praying ^^

+Quote Post
Lupta
post Mar 22 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 57,902

I've gotta completely agree again that there is no way that the creators could keep FMA going into newer seasons which is a shame, but too true... The end of FMA was sad to me too (spoiler: highlight) because of the fact that Ed has to go to the other world, pretty much severing all his bonds with everyone in his old world. I guess I was looking for something a little more traditional where everyone's happy in the end, in the sense that Ed ends up with Winry or something. But then again when I think bout it, it's really refreshing to have a series that ends with a bang and goes against the traditional happy ending where everyone gets what they want.
Anyone got any recommendations for animes that are as good as FMA? besides Naruto, Bleach and Inuyasha... cheers

+Quote Post
aya_niyh
post Mar 22 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 46,422

QUOTE(Lupta @ Mar 23 2008, 09:39 AM) *
Anyone got any recommendations for animes that are as good as FMA? besides Naruto, Bleach and Inuyasha... cheers

Avatar: The Last Airbender is good, although now they are stopping it like having a break or something, maybe it'll aired on May or sometimes in April.

--------------------

+Quote Post
reletobg
post Apr 20 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 80,123

Now is 2011 its been a long time from how they start the movie.Will there be another extension or is this the end?

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 20 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #70

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Hello reletobg, welcome to our board. ^^

I added my answer as the reply post to your thread here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 20 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #71

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

reletobg--The Conqueror of Shamballa movie is the end of the first anime series, yes. But there's more (or rather, a different story) to be seen in the FMA: Brotherhood forum. It follows the manga all the way through. You might check that out.

EDIT: Ah, I see Tombow beat me to answering your question.

<Thank you for the post, JS. We had the same thoughts. ^^ ~ Tombow.>

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
reletobg
post Apr 20 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #72

Citizen

I watched FMA: Brotherhood,this fist 51 episode version and movie,but i want to know its will be any more versions or extensions.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 20 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #73

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

There is "FMA-1" which has 51 episodes, plus a movie (Conqueror of Shamballa). Then there is also FMA:Brotherhood, which has 64 episodes in total and is based on the Manga, which has 108 chapters and is also finished. There is a movie being released this July, which was announced after Brotherhood had finished (you can find more info on the upcoming movie here), then that will be it. There will be no continuations of either series. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
reletobg
post Apr 20 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #74

Citizen

Too bad there will be no more. I hope to decide something in the future.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Copyright Đ2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css