HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 63 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Nepharski
post Sep 4 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 63 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 11.

===================

WANTED - Have you seen this Panda?

The next chapter in Arakawa's masterpiece are just seven to eight days away, people. We'd best be on our guard for whatever she's serving up this month. Watch as Edward demonstraits his improving artistic abilities! See as Roy masters the finer points of chess. Sit in awe of Marcoh's plastic surgery. Gaze in wonder as Father explains basic math to Envy. Scratch your head as Grummerman is...a ladies man!?!?

You heard it here first.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Aug. 14, 2011>

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Sep 4 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 4 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]441572[/snapback]

The next chapter in Arakawa's masterpiece are just seven to eight days away, people. We'd best be on our guard for whatever she's serving up this month. Watch as Edward demonstraits his improving artistic abilities! See as Roy masters the finer points of chess. Sit in awe of Marcoh's plastic surgery. Gaze in wonder as Father explains basic math to Envy. Scratch your head as Grummerman is...a ladies man!?!?

You heard it here first.

I LOL'd! laugh.gif

Best chapter thread intro evar! ( n_n)--b

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Colette
post Sep 4 2006, 07:02 AM
Post #3

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Sep 4 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]441575[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 4 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]441572[/snapback]

You heard it here first.

I LOL'd! laugh.gif

Best chapter thread intro evar! ( n_n)--b

I know, I'm so excited now! =P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 4 2006, 07:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,267

Noooo my heart can't take the anticipation this early. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Sep 4 2006, 07:18 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 38,530

I am finally all caught up, so I can actually participate in the discussion when the chapter comes out. Only seven days, thirteen hours, and twenty-nine minutes until the next chapter according to ZOMG Fruit Tree Alchemist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 4 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #6

I would have hoped this thread might have had more responses by now. Then again, Chapter 62 didn't leave much to the imagination.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Sep 5 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 32,500

Heh, brilliank itro, Neph. I feel like this chapter is setting off the next major story arc- most likely to the Briggs mountains. Hopefully we,ll geet a plot revelation in this chapter, but it feels like the action won't really start until October. The last few chapters have felt a little slow paced, without a lot of real cliffhalgers. it'd be hard to immediately turn that around, but I am rather curious as to why Ed and Al head north. I sort of doubt that they would follow Mei without Scar noticing, so they must either travel with them, or find their own reasons.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 5 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #8

Hmm well things that I am looking forward to in chapter 63

•The story moving North: What does this mean
oWell we know the following people are already in the North or are heading towards it: Armstrong’s sister (the general) and Falman
oIt’s not confirmed but I think Hohenheim is also heading to the North
oMei, Scar, Yoki and Marcoh are heading to the North
oEd and Al are looking for Mei. Will they find her and also travel North with the group

oWill Mei teach Ed & Al redanshu? I am not sure if this will happen in chapter 63 but this is the part I am most excited about because we will get to see more of Mei and get to learn more about Xing alchemy.
oScar’s brother’s book. Well that is why they are heading North. What exactly does it say about Amestris Alchemy? Will it reveal Father’s plan?

•The message in the chess piece. This I have no idea about except Dr. Grumman left a message for Roy in the chess set that he gave him and Roy left a message for Dr. Grumman via Madame Christmas. Somehow I don’t think this will be resolved in chapter 63 but I think we should start looking for clues of what this message might contain because we know Arakawa loves to leave clues in this manga for us.
•Will we get to see Riza working for Bradley. Will Riza find out something working for Wrath?

Well these are all things we got from chapter 62. But of course there are those continuous things that keep driving us crazy. I doubt any of these will be answered in chapter 63 but I am throwing them out there anyways.

•Who is Pride?
•What is Sloth doing exactly?
•What will the human sacrifices be used for. What is Father’s ultimate goal?
•What is Hohenheim’s relationship to Father?
•How will Ed and Al get Al’s body back from Truth?

This is all for you Nepharski biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 6 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #9

Heh, brilliank itro, Neph

It's a living. wink.gif
QUOTE(Kirara @ Sep 5 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]442202[/snapback]

Hmm well things that I am looking forward to in chapter 63

•The story moving North: What does this mean
oWell we know the following people are already in the North or are heading towards it: Armstrong’s sister (the general) and Falman
oIt’s not confirmed but I think Hohenheim is also heading to the North
oMei, Scar, Yoki and Marcoh are heading to the North
oEd and Al are looking for Mei. Will they find her and also travel North with the group

One other note: Envy confirmed for Marcoh that the North was "Next."
This is all for you Nepharski biggrin.gif

You people spoil me. Honestly, you do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 6 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #10

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

There are many many questions that need to be answered, and although that may take a while I hope this chapter offers something. I want to see more of Ran-Fan still, I like her character and I wonder if she'll manage to 'save' Ling.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 6 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #11

One other note: Envy confirmed for Marcoh that the North was "Next."

Oh I forgot about that. It seems the North might be where the climax of the story takes place. Although I think they will all go back to Central before the end.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Sep 6 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 6 2006, 06:23 AM) [snapback]442457[/snapback]

There are many many questions that need to be answered, and although that may take a while I hope this chapter offers something. I want to see more of Ran-Fan still, I like her character and I wonder if she'll manage to 'save' Ling.

I was wondering about her as well. She obviously won't be heading North based on her condition. So will she go to Rush Valley alone or just disappear for a while and show up later with a new arm?

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 6 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Sep 6 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]442491[/snapback]
I was wondering about her as well. She obviously won't be heading North based on her condition. So will she go to Rush Valley alone or just disappear for a while and show up later with a new arm?

That would be my guess. Mind you, it would be a great while; took Edward one year to recover, and even with Ran Fan's pledge to go it in 6 months, that's a hefty segment of time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
riza hawkeye 9
post Sep 6 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #14

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,589

i guess ran-fan will be reading to rush valley since she's a motive to let winry shows up in the story again ... and i don't think she will be there waiting for six months ..she will probably follow everybody and go to the north ....i 'm wondering if everybody is goingo to the north too ? like riza now she is fuhrers aide or roy because he wasnt sent to anywhere ... i guess both of them will continue in the central ...i'm sad because now these two won't have much scenes togheter sad.gif .... but i hope arakawa sensei put them togheter sonn again ^^
in chapte 63 i think we wil seen more of roy's intentions with that message ans of course more about ed and al since the two of then dindn show up much in the last chapter ^^
oh i have a doubt
anyone could tell me or give the link where i find the information telling that liutenet general grumman is riza's grandfather ???
thanks

5 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes, and 43 seconds left until
Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 63!! blink.gif

--------------------
this sig is Nil-chan awesome work !!! thanks so much for let me use it !!!!

The key to Roy Mustang is that he is willing to sacrifice everything but his queen

+Quote Post
GS4Life
post Sep 6 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 28,615

I so hope RanFan does something, I don't want her to be dropped for five or six or more chapters. Another question that I'll raise and hopefully be answered soon is why are the Higher Ups of the military aligned with King Bradley, even though they know what will happen, heck they're the ones conspiring it. I wonder if the Higher ups were those mysterious men who injected the Philosopher Stone into Bradley. Are they even human at all? I've been thinking about this every since I brought Volume 9 from the stores and read about the whole deal with Maria Ross. Right now Ed Al and Roy are being blackmailed, Roy's subordinates are seperated and probably won't be of much help aside from Riza. However no one can make a safe move against the military. If Armstrong did that would put Riza in danger, or Bradley might force Roy or the Elrics to dispose of him. A "Kill Armstrong or Riza/Winry dies" type situation is not a good place for Armstrong to be in. I'm thinking that if Greed does betray The Father like the previous Greed did, then he'll be blackmailed too with RanFan and all, but RanFan is probably going to have to keep a low profile anyways. Scar and Mei are heading out so they can't do anything as of now either. Since everyone seems to be heading out anyways, I guess it comes down to biding time from objective sandpoint, but who will it benefit, the Good Gus, or the Homunculus?

--------------------
"I found it in a bail of Thai sticks. Shame really, I was going to make it into a lamp."-The Truth(GTA San Andreas)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:08 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css