HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 63: The Other Side Of The Gate - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, MAJOR spoilers for the first 63 episodes & series end
Seeker of Truth
post Jun 27 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,876

Wow, it is raining! crybaby.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Icy12
post Jun 27 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 66,541

Didn't get a chance to watch it yet. But since there has been no mention of it, I was wondering if the scene where Izumi's husband hugs Al was animated. Or did they just bypass that?

+Quote Post
dec4rhapsody
post Jun 27 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 74,149

QUOTE (Seeker of Truth @ Jun 27 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Wow, it is raining! crybaby.gif

Raining???

Nope, it was just me bawling....

EDIT: I love Hohenheim's seiyuu (he also voiced Papabear in Gundam 00), especially when he pronounces "juubun/enough".

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 27 2010, 09:55 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jun 27 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Oh no, Ed crying was definitely in the manga! smile.gif

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108/038/

In fact, I still need to see the episode in HD, of course, but at the moment I still prefer the manga panel... I thought it was more intense - lots of other people on the 108 Thread thought so too! I guess that wasn't so for everyone then, lol... Looking at the manga again, I guess I can see how the tear tracks could be missed in the black-and-white drawings though - if I don't look closely, they can appear to blend into the lines of his bangs. But... no, I take it back - I just loved it so much I have a hard time NOT seeing the tears, haha! tongue.gif You guys really don't remember it?! I am stunned. O_o

You aren't the only one I definitely noticed Ed crying during that scene in the manga. In fact that was one of my 3 favorite moments in the final chapter. I can't say what the other two are because well they should be in the next episode. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hawkey...
post Jun 27 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 62,114

QUOTE (Icy12 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:31 PM) *
Didn't get a chance to watch it yet. But since there has been no mention of it, I was wondering if the scene where Izumi's husband hugs Al was animated. Or did they just bypass that?

Ah...that's right they bypass it, but maybe it will be in the last episode. Since Ed was with Al in the gate, I was really looking forward to see it animated and nothing like this happend at all, so it'll be really pitty if they're not gonna put this part to the last episode happy.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo-,Sig is not by me

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 27 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #36

I haven't watched the episode yet (just looked at screencaps and read discussions) but is it true that Al touches Hohenheim before receiving the hug from Mei?

If that is so I like this change because while I did love that Al got a jolt from touching Hohenheim (and I love the it's warm line) I didn't understand in the manga why he didn't get a similar jolt right after Mei hugged him (when that was really his 1st human contact).

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hawkey...
post Jun 27 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 62,114

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 27 2010, 07:02 PM) *
I haven't watched the episode yet (just looked at screencaps and read discussions) but is it true that Al touches Hohenheim before receiving the hug from Mei?

If that is so I like this change because while I did love that Al got a jolt from touching Hohenheim (and I love the it's warm line) I didn't understand in the manga why he didn't get a similar jolt right after Mei hugged him (when that was really his 1st human contact).

I though that his really first human contact was with Ed in gate, but as Al touched Hoho I waited for it - it was funny see it in manga happy.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo-,Sig is not by me

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 27 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (Elisabeth Hawkeye @ Jun 27 2010, 12:30 PM) *
I though that his really first human contact was with Ed in gate, but as Al touched Hoho I waited for it - it was funny see it in manga happy.gif

But that was in the gate, I don't think that counts because you can argue what happens there is not necessarily physical.

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jun 27 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

definetely one of my favorites!!!!! ; A ;

I love it. it's perfect and have no fast paced feel in it at all for me!! notice Roy's flame is dragon looks? Owo AWESOME!!

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 27 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I think I'm lucky to be watching this at a cousins house on a laptop. Otherwise, I would have cried throughout the whole thing. I held 'em back though!! I almost lost it though when Ed cried as he said Otousan (dad) But.. I disapeared at the end into a corner to watch hohenheims bit at the end. That's when it was raining. I loved that they gave Hoho some more..scenes in this compared to the manga. I LOVE YOU PAPA HOHO :'D

In regards to the episode overall. I loved all of it. I wish they kept in Ed's. "And major...you're crying again." I laughed at that in the manga, because Ed says it like it's just this normal everyday thing. As normal as Olivier stabbing people. (haaa)

I loved that they used the track from episode 59 in this, when Wrath and Scar faced off. They played it when Father was at the Gate. AND GET THIS, I felt a tad bit sad for father. And I caught myself, paused the video and thought to myself. "wtf, why do I feel sorry for this jerk?" I pushed it aside though.

I loved loved LOVED when Ed was at the gate and Ed's truth had a ohmy.gif
on it's face. I need to screencap that. It was priceless. (I fell in love with Truths laugh too XP)

While watching the extremely genius credits, it hit me SO hard that this is ending next week. That's it. When the manga ended, I at least comforted myself with "brotherhood is still going" but..but..
Oh dear, looks like it's going to rain.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention; I.AM.IN.LOVE.WITH.THE.HOHOXTRISHA.EYECATCH.
I love you bones iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou!

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 27 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I didn't cry as much as I did when I read the manga... but I cried a lot more at the end. I liked that they fleshed out Hoho's part in all this. Man, I'm so sad now and tomorrow's my birthday. sad.gif

Can't wait for the last episode.

Wait, I just remembered something. Does anyone else find it weird/cool that this week's english dubbed episode is when Hohenheim visits Trisha's grave. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 27 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

Anyone else notice that when Ed is speaking to Truth, and he is hearing all those voices calling to him, at the end there's a short pause, and then Winry's voice is last? o.O

Also, in that last confrontation that Ed had with Truth, Truth's voice sounded more like Ed's own voice than usual. It used to sound more ambiguously mixed I thought.

I didn't notice until I saw it here in the anime, but looking back it is also true in the manga - I thought it was interesting that Homunculus's Door of Truth is completely plain, compared to a human's which has a sort of Sephirot tree engraved in it. I wonder what that could mean.

Looks like they'll have just enough space in the next episode to cover what they need to cover, plus one or two extra scenes that they may or may not be inclined to add...lol

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Jun 27 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

Magnificent! wub.gif I am moved to tears again! <insert obligatory Roy quote> They certainly saved the most grand music for last, and I really enjoyed it! Animation has kept the same standard as through-out the series so I am satisfied enough.

It felt odd being sorry for Father - all he wanted was a body ultimate godly power... but he got what he deserved of course. His scene in the gate was interesting to say the least, and I was almost speaking along with the truth when he did his "I am everything" speech.

I love the fact that Hohenheim got a little extra love, since I think he's a very important character to the plot - almost as important as Ed & Al. But dang... did he really have to go and make me cry like that! cry.gif Especially with the "I really don't want to die" quote. The extra scene with Armstrong was nice too

QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Jun 27 2010, 03:30 PM) *
Wait, I just remembered something. Does anyone else find it weird/cool that this week's english dubbed episode is when Hohenheim visits Trisha's grave. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Yeah... this has happened so many times it is hardly a coincidence anymore - like Hughes death and Roy's revenge being in the same week too... but how in the world could you plan something like that? O_o Must be alchemy interference or something... tongue.gif
Reason for edit: Careful with spoilers for next episode

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 27 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

Was it me or did it seem like Hohenheim was mourning Homunculus before Armstrong came to talk to him? I thought that was a nice touch.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Tennyo_night_elf
post Jun 27 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 74,386

I loved this episode. I caught that the last voice calling to Edward when he was speaking to Truth was Winry, loved the little fan service.

Yes, I cried too. It was very emotional for PapaHoho and Ed, and just this is the next to the last episode of the series.

One thing I did also catch was when the ending was rolling, how the last opening rain was tied into Hoho. The opening is filled with subtle spoilers if you think about it. I always was curious about the last part of the ending where Ed looks up to the sky and we see Trisha, then Ed sleeping with Winry watching him, and then a house that looks like their old one. I think this was tying in old and new. Trisha wasn't looking down at Ed, she was looking down at Hoho at the grave welcoming him home (heaven perhaps?).

I am glad they didn't fit everything into 63. The Greed part was touching, and Hoho really felt bad about everything, I think he blamed himself. I hope the missing hugs from the Curtis crew get added to 64.

Some of the animation though bugged me a bit, especially the look of Ed's neck, mouth, and chin during the gate part.

--------------------
EDWIN | ROYAI | ALMEI | LINFAN

FMA gives me hope...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 09:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css