HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 11: Miracle At Rush Valley - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 11
Lost_in_translat...
post Jun 16 2009, 08:58 AM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,889

QUOTE (Reta McClain @ Jun 15 2009, 01:19 PM) *
Also the missing bit of Pinako-Dominic history. They DEFINATELY should have kept that.

The bridge scene was also missed, not only because of the character development but also because it shows Ed's determination to help. It also offered a good bit of hands-on alchemy explaining (the mass dragging the alchemy-made stone bridge down). When reading the manga, this info made it seem more realistic, in a way.

Agreed! That would've at least been interesting. rolleyes.gif Plus the arm-wrestling scene. Ah well at least showing Winry's determination and post-birth scene was nice wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Jun 16 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

Eh, I didn't really mind this episode too much. They could've kept some things from the manga, but what they did keep was okay. The only thing I really hated was the dramatic music during the birth scene, but I thought the Italian restaurant music fit the burning house scene pretty well.

I don't care about the thirty-second equivalent exchange sequence, considering that the old anime always had Al's speech in the beginning, but I wish that they'd keep things more consistent. It's like they include it whenever they feel like it.

And I find the FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST! dude hilarious.
I bet he knows that everybody hates him, and does that extra giggle just to piss people off.

Izumi next week! Looks like the animation is good for next episode again.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Jun 16 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

I can't believe that I forgot to watch it on Sunday and Monday! I will watch it now though. It will be good because Winry is in it (unlike the manga) sleep.gif

I loved this episode smile.gif Of course the best part was when Ed gave Winry the piggyback wub.gif
Although it wasn't for very long it was cute happy.gif After seeing this episode I have to say that I am sick of watching subs and CANNOT WAIT until it is dubbed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Jun 16 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Jun 16 2009, 05:16 PM) *
It will be good because Winry is in it (unlike the manga)

......ummm Winry IS in the manga during these events. Why do you think she isn't? wink.gif

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 16 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I liked this episode. I think it went fast, but not too fast. It slowed down on the important parts (ie Ed and Winry's talk). It really put emphasis on Winry's change of character, and I was rooting for her the entire way. I count on her to defy all Mary Sues, and the Mary Sue the anime replaced her with XDDD

It was funny, though I missed the scene with Pinako. I still loved it when Ed accused that old guy (I can't remember his name >_<) of having a soft side, and how he just turned and you couldn't see his expression, but you knew from Ed's reaction... LOL

Ad Ed is adorable as usual happy.gif So I enjoyed it. I can't wait to get to see Izumi, and then the manga material is right around the corner (I think it gets different about halfway through the Greed thing, or exactly after it)

@ Tezrath - I'm pretty sure she meant in the current manga chapters, since Winry vanished after 84 and won't be back for a while, seeing how much else is going on.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 16 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

So fast O.O

But at this point I'm kinda like meh, let's get to the manga only stuff! So I'm okay with the rushing granted it slows down to a reasonable pace after Greed.

Loved the part with the growing taller with lighter automail laugh.gif Romi Paku always does such a great job wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 16 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

At first I was like.. "WHOA! Too fast!" But then, after I saw the episode a second and third time, it was easier to process. (I watched the RAW and then the subbed, and then the subbed again. happy.gif )
Anyhoo, I liked the voice acting of Satera in this episode! Did anyone else like the bursts of pain and suffering that she let out during her child's delivery? I did! biggrin.gif (Now, we all know that's not what I meant....)

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jun 17 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (Tezrath @ Jun 16 2009, 08:22 PM) *

......ummm Winry IS in the manga during these events. Why do you think she isn't? wink.gif

Perhaps she meant unlike the first anime and was just a little excited? lol This is a manga adaptation after all. tongue.gif

As for me, I liked the episode but they left too much out and made it entirely too fast paced. I mean the EdxWin scenes made up for it. They were sweet and cute but the whole part with the bridge. I hated they left that out because as a poster above me said, it expressed Ed's determination to help, and not only that but his desperation at not being able to help but wanting to. I also really wish they hadn't kept out the big chase between Ed and Paninya or the arm wrestling match. I would've liked to of seen those things animated but I suppose I can understand why they did. That being said it was an alright ep, not one of my favorites though.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Jun 18 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #54

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (Tezrath @ Jun 16 2009, 09:22 PM) *

I meant that Winry is CURRENTLY not in the manga (chapter 96)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Jun 18 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #55

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

i've got to say that i agree with your comment about it going to fast.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 24 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #56

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 11 (on CN on Adult Swim) talk-back/discussions here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Apr 24 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #57

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

11 has never been a favorite. But I still like it smile.gif
It's got just a tad bit too much chibi for my taste. But some of the jokes make up for it. I love love love when Ed and Al slide past Winry and Paninya and Al's head bounces across screen. I don't know why, but I love it. That and the "Bay" joke.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Apr 24 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

11 to 13 always felt like the first 3 episodes to me. Good, but really bad. Never liked Rush Valley either - the whole desert city automail thing just wasn't for me.

I thought Paninya sounded different at times - like Black Star from Soul Eater. But I checked ANN and it says it's the old VA.

I never understood why Dominic refused to take on Winry. Even if it had to do with being related to Pinako like in the first series (which wasn't established here), Winry did not properly introduce herself, as I recall, so he wouldn't know who she was.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Apr 25 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

I thought the VA for Paninya was really good!

Good episode. Very well dubbed! This episode always made me laugh. I was tired and started to fall asleep at the end, though. lol

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Apr 25 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I can't see the episode until later tonight, so can anyone tell me how they translated the "uma" joke? I heard it was "bay" but why would there be a horse then?

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 09:45 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css