Episode 42- "without Knowing His Name", Talkback & discussion thread
Rating 5 V
Full Metal Elf
post Jan 15 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,332

The dubbing was wonderful!....This is such a good episode and SO much happens!!...RIP Scar...T_T. And Al...now Al's in trouble...and things get hectic!

And they finally changed the opening!! YIPPY! I LOVE the Rewrite opening...and i'm glad they're showing it.

And next episode..can't wait! happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jan 15 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

I was so surprised that they changed the opening. Happy, of course, but surprised nonetheless.

Kimblee's insides exploderated all over the ground. Good riddence to bad news, Nihlist punk.

And Archer got a face full of bolt 2.

Poor Scar. Despite the fact that he's (Technically) a murderer, you get to feel sorry for him, what he has become because of his history.

Only one thing I didn't get, though. When Scar threw down Kimblee's body off the rooftop as an example to the military...he didn't have arms. He killed Kimblee on ground, so how did he carry him up to the roof and throw his corpse over? Ah, well.

I'm finding myself hating and feeling for Lust at the same time.

He's another question: Where has Envy been this whole time? Sloth and Wrath tried to take out Ed, Lust was with Scar, and Pride and Gluttony were chilling back at the pad. What's Envy doing right now?

Fantastic episode. Wonder where the previews went...

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Jan 15 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

why does everyone hate kimbley, he was an awsome character Dx <3

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 15 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 19,705

QUOTE(adaption_alchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]338749[/snapback]

QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Jan 15 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]338747[/snapback]

I almost cried before i found out Al did not die. damn commercials.

Did it seem like there was more on the first part of the ep than the second to anybody else?

i noticed that too huh.gif

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 04:48 AM) [snapback]338797[/snapback]

Poor Scar, may he rest in peace *plays Taps*. I really liked him too This episode made me want to cry...brings a tear to my eye every time *sigh* sad.gif They seem to keep knocking off every character that i grow an attachment too...*GASP*!

And can I just say that I was sooo glad that they decided to change the opening/closing music. They could have been stingy like before....I was getting really REALLY sick of "ready, steady, go." It was a good song, but it was seriously time to move on...

i know i used to like Kimblee but then i hated him i'm glad he died but i mean with Scar i really did'nt LIKE him but then you get attached and then they have to that!! sad.gif

Rewrite was always my fav so i'm happy now biggrin.gif

QUOTE(TheFlameAlchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]338807[/snapback]

* Walks back into the Forum and Slams the door Behind him *

I'm Glad no one missed me mad.gif

New Opening is awesome, I re played that like 5 times before I watched the show. Show was friggin' good, even if I missed last week's but i got the jist of it. Al becoming the Philosiphers stone is a new highlight to the inginuity of the writers. Scar dead... WTF just when he goes good!!!! Son of a Tart!!! I liked how Ed pinned Wrath in the fight then went off to trap Sloth and Wrath, that was coooooooool. Lust has feelings for Scar and Vise Versa, never thought I would see that at the beggining. lots of stuff and of course DEAD KIMBLEE!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Burn Kimblee Burn, Burn in Hell ya Bastard!!!

* goes off to sing "Disco inferno" *

i missed you happy.gif i wondered where you went tongue.gif
AMEN to Kimblee's death!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

QUOTE(Ed-Al-Win Fan @ Jan 15 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]338867[/snapback]

PS: Also I love the opening and ending...At the ending, I noticed they showed the characters they killed off the show...It was kind of sad, because they had showed Nina, Hughes Scar, Ed & Al Mother etc...Overall though it was a excellent episode:)

i know I will is sad i can't wait til i get it on DVD so i can see the whole thing smile.gif

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 15 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]338933[/snapback]

Poor Scar. Despite the fact that he's (Technically) a murderer, you get to feel sorry for him, what he has become because of his history.

he was just misunderstood and blinded with hate and revenge sad.gif i know...the poor guy

Only one thing I didn't get, though. When Scar threw down Kimblee's body off the rooftop as an example to the military...he didn't have arms. He killed Kimblee on ground, so how did he carry him up to the roof and throw his corpse over? Ah, well.

maybe he draged him somehow and kicked him over blink.gif

He's another question: Where has Envy been this whole time? Sloth and Wrath tried to take out Ed, Lust was with Scar, and Pride and Gluttony were chilling back at the pad. What's Envy doing right now?

never thought about it, maybe he was too busy making out with a palm tree? *snicker* *snicker*

Fantastic episode. Wonder where the previews went...

i wondered that also was it a 1 hour special again or did they cut it out for time. i just got the 7 Vol. of the anime and you should see how much they cut out of episode 25 dry.gif

i feel like watching the episode again thank goodness for VHS recoreders, i don't know what i'd do without them!! laugh.gif

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jan 15 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

When I saw the new opening, I almost screamed! but good thing I didn't; sleeping adult in next room.
awesome episode! So Al is the Stone now. When he opened his chest plate, and it was glowing inside, my first thought was, "Wow! Cool! OMG!! How pretty!". XD
Poor Scar! He not only protected Lust, he sacrificed himself for making the Stone. Of course, even if he didn't, he would have bled to death anyways.
Sloth and Ed faced off! Awesome fight scene. And what about Hawkeye, Mustang, and Armstrong fighting the chimera's (not to important, but still kinda cool).
One question: Is Archer dead? He walked right into the alchemic reaction of the Stone being transmutated. He should be dead!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post Jan 15 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

His mouth? blink.gif
Or maybe he kicked Kimblee's body all the way up there and hopped up himself.
ph34r.gif Mad ninja skills!

However, I was extremely sad to see Scar die. He was one of my favorite characters from wayy in the beginning.
Rest in piece, Scar. You will be missed.

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Jan 16 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #37

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Scar?

...Scar?

...SCAAAAAAR?!

sad.gif

Kimbley's deeeead! Yeees! *starts singing*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chopper Enthusia...
post Jan 16 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,694

Hurray random soldiers!
Barry has been avenged!

A celebration!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Sock Alchemi...
post Jan 16 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 29,381

Concerning Kimbley dying and all, might I be the only one who liked him? Even a little? The only other opinion on him that I've noticed is "absolute burning hatred"...

+Quote Post
Chopper Enthusia...
post Jan 16 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,694

He helped in the killing of Scar. How could you hate him?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 16 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #41

QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Jan 15 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]338952[/snapback]

One question: Is Archer dead? He walked right into the alchemic reaction of the Stone being transmutated. He should be dead!

i belive he is dead, and i'm happy w00t!!!!

QUOTE(The Sock Alchemist @ Jan 16 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]339070[/snapback]

Concerning Kimbley dying and all, might I be the only one who liked him? Even a little? The only other opinion on him that I've noticed is "absolute burning hatred"...

mellow.gif i'm not tying to dis your favorite character but... are you serious! laugh.gif ;; i used to like him he was the only crazy person i liked but then he went all sadistic-er blink.gif and then i hated his guts smile.gif but it's my opinion you have your own likes and dislikes happy.gif

--------------------

COF banner coming soon.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal-Dream
post Jan 16 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 29,322

yea uver one has there own likes and dislikes.i really dont like the dude.

--------------------
life is funny when your doing nothing.

+Quote Post
The Sock Alchemi...
post Jan 16 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 29,381

i'm not tying to dis your favorite character but... are you serious!

Heh. He's not my favorite character per se, but I kinda liked him. He was crazy. He's an ex-con. But most of all, he was imperfect to the point of insanity. That's why I liked him. Sure, he had the tendancy to be a real (excuse the language) bastard, but I got over that. In fact, the only time I really disliked Kimbley was when he betrayed Greed (my real favorite character), but I even forgave him for that. He was looking out for himself, something I'd do in the situation, Greed betrayal or not.

I do miss the greeedy one, though... *sniffle*

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jan 16 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 23,257

[spoiler]Archer isn't dead, albeit he's half the man he once was.[/spoiler]

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 16 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 16 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]339243[/snapback]

[spoiler]Archer isn't dead, albeit he's half the man he once was.[/spoiler]

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh okay oops i forgot that! hehe my bad [spoiler] lets just say the terminater is finally back laugh.gif [/spoiler]

--------------------

COF banner coming soon.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 06:59 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css