HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread, The request period is now closed. Thank you for your participation
Nefertekas
post Jul 10 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,307

(( First off, you guys rock. Thank you to everyone who's being a part of this project. Uhm, hope mine's not too big... ^^; Word counts 477 words (EDIT: scratch that, now it's 1,041 characters spaces not included), I don't think it includes spaces! If it's too big I can rewrite it. It looks bigger with all the paragraphs but I didn't want it to be all bunched up together, you know? ))

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Where should I begin? I've been an anime fan since I can remember. I "met" the first FMA anime in 2005 and I liked it very much.

Reading your manga a year and a half ago, my passion for anime was rekindled!

Never have I read such a deep story, with intense characters and mind-twisting plot.
I have never laughed so hard or cried so much with a story. You transported us into a different world, taught us valuable lessons... You got us to THINK.

Having to wait a month between each chapter was both painful and exhilerating, and each time the 11th of each month approached my heart throbbed out of expectation.

In just a year and a half a new element was added into my life and it will always be here: my fullmetal heart. It was also a privilege to watch the characters grow and your art with them!

Thank you: for all the time invested, all the happiness you brought your fans, all the deep emotions. The adventure, the friendship, the moral values, the humanity of it. The characters I love and know so well, because you INSISTED on making them all so perfect.

So thank you also for a lovely, happy ending. The best ever. Good thing Ed grew taller, otherwise Winry wouldn't have married him, right? ; )

Love from,

Nefertekas (Teresa Semedo), Portugal

--------------------
"You have given me an arm and a leg to stand with... Your hands are not for killing.
They are the hands that save people's lives."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 12 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I hope this is short enough ^^

Dear Arakawa-Sensei

It has been an honor and a delight to read and watch Fullmetal Alchemist. It has been a constant companion of mine for quite a few years, now. Every since 2003, when I first got to hear about it, I fell in love not only with FA, but with all the works you’ve made. It had been years since I liked any mangakas’ work this much.
I was for quite a while away from the world of anime and, honestly, was quite tired of it, but your works gave me back my enthusiasm for it. It reaches me to a level beyond my understanding.
Although I’m sad it’s over, It holds much more beauty, a story were you have a message to pass and give it a closure. It gives a sense of completeness.
You have won a lifetime fan in me, you can be sure of that. Congratulations for such a masterpiece and good luck with your career. I hope to hear a lot more about you.

Turdaewen – Raquel Gontijo - Brazil

From google translate:

親愛なるは荒川先生

これは、名誉と喜びを読んで、鋼の錬金術師を見ている。これはかなりの数年間、今私の定数コンパニオンをされている。すべては2003年以来、私が最初に聞くようになったが、私は愛のFAだけではなく、落ちたのが、作ったすべての作品。私はmangakasの作品をこれほど好きなのでそれは年をしていた。
私はかなり長い間だったアニメの世界から離れと、正直なところ、非常にその物語の、あなたの作品疲れていたそれを私の熱意を私に返した。これは、レベル私の理解のかなたに私に達する。
私は悲しいが、それが終わる、それは多くの美しさを保持して、話がメッセージを渡す必要があると、あなたは、それを閉じてくださいとした。それは完全感を与える。
あなたは私の生涯のファンを獲得している場合は、そののことを確認することができます。おめでとうあなたのキャリアでこのような傑作と幸運です。私はあなたについて多くを聞いてほしい。

Turdaewen - ラケル Gontijo - ブラジル

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
inuhana
post Jul 17 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 72,874

Arakawa-sensei,
Fullmetal Alchemist has, in short, changed my life. Aside from being an wonderfully story with engaging characters, your work has influenced my daily life. Sometimes, I see a situation and think, "What would Edward do here?" Ah, thank you, thank you so much. Now, I am enjoying Juushin Enbu.
With much appreciation,
inuhana
Rebecca Brown
United States of America

荒川先生

鋼の錬金術師が私に与えた影響を、手短かに一口で表すなら、鋼の錬金術師は私の人生を変えました。この作品は私に素晴らしい物語と魅力的なキャラクターを与えてくれたばかりでなく、私の日常生活にも影響を与えました。この漫画に出逢って以来、時々私はある状態に直面した時、「エドならどうするかな?」と考えてしまいます。
ああ、荒川先生ありがとう、本当にありがとうございました。
私は今は獣神演武を楽しんでいます。

本当にありがとうございました。
イヌハナ (レベッカ.ブラウン) アメリカ合衆国

--------------------

Get it?

+Quote Post
DSender
post Jul 18 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 62,912

Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

I´m so glad that I can thank you of this way. FMA isn´t only a manga, it´s a great story with great characters and you can learn a lot about it. There are many moments in it that I love and I can say that this is my favourite story ever.

If I had to choose a character I would choose Van Hohenheim. He´s my favourite character, a person with a sad past that has been living his own life with all those feelings and memories... a father that couldn´t give their sons all that he would like, his love for Trisha and his sons... it´s wonderful. But choosing only one character is hard and there are many great deep characters... every character is amazing!

Oh, and I love the ending and those words of the end... "a fullmetal heart..."
And the Hohenheim´s death... wonderful...

I can imagine that you are not only a great mangaka but a great person too. Congratulations for your work, keep it up!
Good luck and be so happy!

P.S. now I´m buying "hero tales" ^^
Also, I'm sending you a present, my "thank you" fanart that is also being sent in this mail to you. It's showing my sculpture re-creation of your famous "cow" figure. I hope you like it!

DSender, Daniel Sender, Spain

<Hello DSender, since we can not make "attachment picture" on the actual letters to Arakawa-sensei, we changed your letter to as shown above. Hope you don't mind. ^^ Please feel free to re-edit the wording. ^^ ~ Project team staff>

+Quote Post
sealy7
post Jul 19 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 74,225

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you for nine years of an awesome manga! When I started Fullmetal Alchemist at the age of eight, I had no idea the series would become such a considerable part in my life. FMA has taught me so much about life, learning, and determination. I hope you're extremely proud of the world you've created, because while it's technically only on paper, the life lessons you can learn from the series transcend make the series as real to me as the air I'm breathing or the chair I'm sitting in. FMA is unlike any other manga out there, because you put what really is important in life and mixed it with great character depth and plot growth. If I were to pick a favorite character, it'd probably be Winry Rockbell, because she's such a strong heroine and a role model for us girls. You are an amazing artist and writer, and I'm looking forward to your next series! Thank you so much for sharing FMA!

Sincerely,
sealy7, United States of America

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Jul 24 2010, 03:26 AM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

Thanks for the person who will translate my letter and I do hope that Sensei will receive this:

Dearest Arakawa-sensei,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the great success of Fullmetal ALchemist. It was the best! Your work inspired me to overcome hardships with courage and to learn from my mistakes. FMA isn't just like any manga series filled with action and comedy but it is also a series that lectures about life and is based from some reality.

Sensei, thank you very much for your hardwork. I hope you will continue to inspire other people. Thank you for that cool pipsqueak alchemist you created.

More Power !

Sincerely,
Divine Marie, Philippines

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 25 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

I'm probably a bit late to the party, but hopefully I'll still have time to get this to the official mailers by the due date! Thank you very much to the person who will translate this for me since I don't have the skills to do it myself ^ ^ :

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thankyou for so meticulously crafting such a wonderful, wonderful manga ("Fullmetal Alchemist"), the world and its science, the characters and their feelings and the epicness of the plot! I just want to let you know how much I enjoyed reading the manga and how much I appreciate you writing such a satisfying and happy ending for the characters whom I love. ^ ^ It is so rare nowadays to come across a good manga with a realistic and yet happy ending, so I am very grateful to see you include it! Once again, thankyou for creating such a wonderful manga from Start to Finish and I look forward to your next work!

Keos (from Australia).

PS: EdWin forever! Both Ed and Al are my favourites smile.gif

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
InuNaruPokeAlche...
post Jul 25 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 74,781

here's my letter.

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series.
It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world.
I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written.
Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.
Love,
15 year old girl, InuNaruPokeAlchemist, USA

--------------------
If you are a Risembool Ranger, post this in your sig!

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jul 25 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

I've been helping out with all the thank you letters that I forgot to post mine! ohmy.gif

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I first began to read Fullmetal Alchemist in 2007, when I was starting my first year of college. Your work had such a strong ability to entertain and engage me, and gave me so much to look forward to in life, even during hard times. Like you, I aspire to being an artist someday. I will continue working towards my goal, just as Ed and Al have done throughout their own journey. Thank you for inspiring me and so many others with your wonderful series! I look forward to your future works!

Sincerely,
Victoria (United States of America)

--------------------

+Quote Post
QueenTiria
post Jul 25 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 70,732

My letter-

To Arakawa-sensei

Your works have changed my whole perspective on manga, and to date, Fullmetal Alchemist is the best story I have ever watched or read, in any language. To me your original ideas, your messages that you get across by your amazing artwork and dialogue is something that is so amazing you truly are the Cow Goddess XD

I wanted to let you know that your stories and manga are one of a kind- it is so much more than the ordinary battle shounen manga, that I think it needs a new category! Truly, this saga is even better than Harry Potter. You are so so talented and FMA has been an important part of my life. I am sad, but I am happy to see you bring to a close a complete and epic story (instead of going on for 23902802380 chapters other manga seem to have). Thank you giving me the honour to read such an amazing work, and I look forward to your next story!

QueenTiria (Tracey L.), Australia

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 28 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I'm sorry if I'm too late. Thanks to all the people putting there time into this. Here is my letter:

Dear Arakawa-sensei,
I first want to thank you for writing such a beautiful original story in Fullmetal Alchemist. You put real emotion and intellect into the story line and created a world that was believable and characters I liked. I especially enjoyed the subtle love of Ed and Winry. I’m happy that the female characters played an important role in the story and weren’t just “eye candy”. I looked forward to each chapter as it came out. I even felt it was as epic as Star Wars! You are a wonderful storyteller and I wish you the best in the future!

Thank you,

Celia H aka Animeoldtimer (United States of America)

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jul 29 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

My word count says this is 980 characters, but it looks longer for some reason.
--------------------------------
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I have been following the Elric brothers on their journey for nine years now, and I can not believe that such an amazing and finely-crafted story has come to an end. Each one of the characters that you have created seemed to leap off the page as I read, and it was as though I too was traveling alongside Edward and Alphonse and sharing in their struggles and triumphs. I do not think any other manga has taught me so much about human nature, love, and hope in the face of incredible odds as Full metal Alchemist has. Edward has to be one of my favourite characters in fiction as I admire his courage, optimism, and his strength never to give up until his goal is achieved. It has been such an honour to read your work, and I hope to pass this story on to a friend who can begin their own journey with some of most memorable characters in manga.

Thank you! I look forward to your next story and wish you the very best,
Kristine L (Edamame), Scotland

-------------------------------
Thank you so very much to all the hard-working translators! I don't think that you guys could get enough praise for what you are doing for all of us! We appreciate it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MsLinn
post Jul 30 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 72,213

I am very sorry for being late, I don't want to stress you in the last minute, but I've been working on my Thank You-fanart the whole week! You are doing a fantastic job everyone who is organazing, translating and helping! I am SO glad that I have the opportunity to participate in this!
I'll try to keep myself short. (That didn't work. Sorry. 1052 characters.)

----------------------
To Arakawa-sensei

Fullmetal Alchemist brought me so many new thing to enjoy in life. I can without a doubt say that I have never loved anything fictional more than I love Fullmetal Alchemist, and any characters more than the Elric brothers.
Not just becasue of the story, that is so clever and thought out and it makes me tear up right now, thinking about it, and how it ended. Not just the characters, who are so admirable and interesting with personal developement that we can follow! Not just the artwork which makes me groan in envy (Riza's hair in chapter 58!) and inspire me. Not just the funny parts, where I finally found my kind of humor!
FA crashed into my life when I was on my way of discovering what it mean to be a fan and to be a part of a fandom. It swept me away. Fanart, fanfiction, discussions about episodes, chapters, characters, theories, and meeting other people who are just as crazy about a thing as me! Fullmetal Alchemist was my first obesession, and I will never forget.

Thank you for being so awesome,
Linn V. (MsLinn), Sweden
--------------------

--------------------

Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.

+Quote Post
phoenixmiko
post Jul 30 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 75,010

Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best mangas ever created! Friends introduced me to it some years back and I was hooked. I couldn’t get enough of it and still can’t to this day. With the way the story transports you to a world so vast that it seems to transcend the very pages on which it’s drawn and teaches you about life and human nature, it's no wonder it’s touched my life. It felt like I was growing up alongside my favourite character Winry because I could empathise with her so well. I'm really glad she found happiness with Edward after so many trials and tribulations. It makes me feel like I can also look to the future and go forward toward my dreams, that I too will able to gain a Fullmetal heart along the way just as they did. To me, the story will never end because it lives on inside of all of us; in everything we do and strive for.

Thank you very much for an inspiring, incredible journey that I will never forget.

Alana Gladwish (phoenixmiko), England

+Quote Post
The Breezy Alche...
post Jul 30 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 75,061

translation accuracy check request please smile.gif (Ack! I'm so sorry it's too long, but its been translated partway on google, maybe that'll help?)

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I haven't been reading Fullmetal Alchemist for a long time like everyone else. This July was a year after I started reading your manga series. Since then however, I have been avidly following Fullmetal Alchemist which has been a comfort to me, even if it was only for a year. I admire your creativity and skill at drawing and if anything, I hope to draw like you can when I grow up (next to being able to use alchemy). I am glad to have came across your work while it was still in progress so I always had something to look forward to every month. Fullmetal Alchemist was inspired me, enough that I would often doodle transmutation circles and clap my hands in hope when I was too impatient to get the job done. Your character Edward Elric also inspired me, and if anything, I would want to be more like him in personality: caring and selfless. When Fullmetal Alchemist ended, I was happy about Ed and Al finally getting their bodies back (it was about time they did), but I also just realized how meaningful Fullmetal Alchemist was to me and I would never see Ed have a short tantrum, or see him use alchemy again, or see any more of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. That it was just...done. But Fullmetal Alchemist taught me to keep moving forward and try to achieve my goals, no matter how hard they seem. Thanks for the memories Arakawa- sensei, without Fullmetal Alchemist, I would be a very different person.

Thank you very much for Fullmetal Alchemist,

Caroline Chiou (The Breezy Alchemist), USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Google Translate: 680 characters apparently

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は皆と同じように長い時間のために鋼の錬金術師を読むされていない。私はあなたの漫画を読み始めた後に、この7月は1年だった。それ以来、私は熱心にする私に慰めをされている鋼の錬金術師、次の場合でも、それが唯一の1年間でしたされている。私はあなたの創造性と図面でスキルと何かを賞賛、私はあなたのような描画するために望むことができるときに私は(次の成長)錬金術を使用できることに。私は喜んでそれがまだ進行中私はいつも何かを楽しみ毎月に見ていたので、あなたの仕事に出会いましたているです。鋼の錬金術師は、私に触発され十分に私はよく核変換円を落書きだろうと期待して、私も仕事を得るために焦って手をたたく。あなたのキャラクターはエドワードエルリックまた、私に影響を与えたかといえば、私は彼のような多くの人格になるようにします:思いやりと献身。時鋼の錬金術師が終わった後、私はエドとアル満足最後に自分の体に戻る(それは彼らがいないの時間でした)なっていたが、私にされた方法有意義な鋼の錬金術師と私はエドが短いかんしゃく、またはして参照してください決して私もちょうど実現彼は錬金術、再び使用したり、鋼の錬金術師宇宙の詳細を参照してくださいしてください。それはそれはただ...行われた。しかし、鋼の錬金術師私は前進し続ける方法と一生懸命に思える私の目標は、どんなに達成しようとすると教えた。鋼の錬金術師なく記憶荒川先生、のおかげで、私は非常に違う人になる。

非常に鋼の錬金術師は、ありがとう

キャロライン銃撃事件 (ブリージーの錬金術師)、アメリカ

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:06 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css