HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abortion, I'm serious...
Are you for or against abortion?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 240
Guests cannot vote 
Envy's lil...
post Jun 27 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #16

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,890

It should be legal regardless.

Some people should not be parents either because they are complete asshats and have no business trying to raise another human being or because they may have a genetic disease and the child they bring into the world would have a short and painful life.

Plus no woman should be made to have a child, imagine how the child would feel being brough up by somone who resented it because their mother was forced into parenthood.

As most of you know I can go on and on about this but I'll just leave the short answer for now.

QUOTE(Quistis)
Isn't there also debate on when a fetus is considered "human"? Some say it is already a human on the moment of conception, and some say it doesn't count as a human being until it shows consciousness in the womb, or takes on the form of what resembles a human.

http://www.postfun.com/pfp/blasphemy.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WhiteMike
post Jun 27 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,953

You can't be blindly for or against abortions. A person who was just too lazy to use protection should have to face the brunt of their mistakes. As person who got raped and is bearing their rapists child, should be allowed to have an abortion.

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug...
user posted image
...Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

+Quote Post
Lord Odenetheus
post Jun 27 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 677

Blergh. I don't see why killing a human is worse than shooting an animal. It's just a life. It does not have any serious impact on the world if you kill a small child/eat chicken for dinner.

--------------------
"Ceterum censeo Lapplendiem esse delendam!"

+Quote Post
~FMAgurl~
post Jun 27 2005, 01:30 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 5,210

You're just a life aren't you? That doesn't make it okay for someone to kill you just because they don't want you, does it? We kill chicken to eat.

--------------------

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh." -Angels and Demons

**My sig and avy are NOT my photography**

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Jun 27 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #20

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Jun 27 2005, 12:22 PM)
You can't be blindly for or against abortions.  A person who was just too lazy to use protection should have to face the brunt of their mistakes.  As person who got raped and is bearing their rapists child, should be allowed to have an abortion.
[snapback]200789[/snapback]

Accidents do happen even with people who take extreme precautions, and yes there are some people who do use abortion as birth control, which I really don't get but hey not my body.

I've noticed a lot of the post saying if someone gets pregnant then they should have the child. What if it's the worse for the child to be born? Meaning, what if they are born to someone who will resent and abuse that child? Also, I don't feel a child should be used as punishment.

Just like the bumper sticker says: Evey child a wanted child.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Jun 27 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #21

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(arche @ Jun 27 2005, 03:51 PM)
Bacon, you are appealing to the public health aspect of abortion. The fact that if it's not legal, people will cause damage to themselves to have abortions as they will anyway.

This isn't an appropriate argument for abortion proper and actually is not convincing in any way to deter anti-abortion arguments. It's more of a secondary issue. If abortion is morally wrong, then public health of practicing it doesn't matter. Should I be comfortable and safe when I decide to kill someone? I'd rather it be safe and healthy, but if it is considered killing a human being, then no amount of "safety" for abortions will make it something other than killing human beings.

The issue is about metaphysics primarily. Determine that first and then you can talk about the pragmatics of societal responsibility and health.
[snapback]200695[/snapback]

No, I'm speaking to the larger truism that if something is banned which people have come to take for granted, it will not go away, but rather transform into a more shady version of itself. Prohibition should have taught us this lesson.
Nobody in civilized society LIKES abortion, but a civilized society has to accept necessary evils.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Jun 27 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #22

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Also remember abortion was illegal before and it didn't stop women from doing dangerous things like using coat hangers and drinking bleach to induce an abortion. Not to mention getting back alley abortions which often times ended the mothers life as well as the fetus'.

+Quote Post
Lord Odenetheus
post Jun 28 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Bah. NO SEXUAL PLEASURE would solve this issue. Just one reproductional sexual session during a lifetime, one successful, I might add.

There would not need to be an abortion issue if there were no sexual pleasure sessions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAlover^
post Jun 28 2005, 03:28 AM
Post #24

Alchemists

Member No.: 14,135

I oppose it! Its just a life after all!When you abort , its just like not giving the child a chance,I doubt the child feels the pain too when you abort it.Whatever you do,think of the result.If you don't want the child don't create it! If you abort,you would be considered as selfish as its like sacrificing a life for your own sake,its killing.
Some people should not be parents either because they are complete asshats and have no business trying to raise another human being or because they may have a genetic disease and the child they bring into the world would have a short and painful life

But sometimes,theres no choice so we can't blame them.This is what I think but if people go abort children,we can't do anything,its their choice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 28 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,950

QUOTE(FMAlover^ @ Jun 28 2005, 02:28 AM)
If you don't want the child don't create it!

don't say that cause the'll come up with but some are raped and get pregnant that way they didn't try to create it

but in those cases they kill a life kill the child cause of what asshole guy did to them so the child should suffer for someone else's actions

i'm against it 100%

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 27 2005, 02:52 PM)
Also remember abortion was illegal before and it didn't stop women from doing dangerous things like using coat hangers and drinking bleach to induce an abortion. Not to mention getting back alley abortions which often times ended the mothers life as well as the fetus'.
[snapback]200924[/snapback]

well i say this about that, if they are crazy enough to put there own life on the line to kill another, it's there problem they want to be idiots and kill another life, and murder another life, nothing better to risk then your own life to do so right, I hope they make abortion illegal again, yes that may sound sick and sad but i don't care, it's just as sick and sad as thinking of killing a lil kid

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Odenetheus
post Jun 28 2005, 03:50 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Why not just stop having sex? It's just a human pleasure act, after all. Chastity is a good way to solve the issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 28 2005, 03:53 AM
Post #27

Alchemists

QUOTE(Lord Odenetheus @ Jun 28 2005, 02:50 AM)
Why not just stop having sex? It's just a human pleasure act, after all. Chastity is a good way to solve the issue.
[snapback]201371[/snapback]

you serious, you think that would happen, you know how many people love to do that, stopping sex, son you would have a better of chance at convincing KKK members to be best friends with blacks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Odenetheus
post Jun 28 2005, 04:09 AM
Post #28

Apprentice

I don't think it would happen, but I think that peopel should try. Everyone who calls themself christian should at least try celibacy, since it's one of the seven virtues. Otherwise, you're just a mock christian, or a hypocrite.

Sexuality is overrated anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 28 2005, 04:23 AM
Post #29

Alchemists

me for one I'm not a mock christian or a hypocrite

I'm 26 years old

I am not married yet but i'm in a relationship been with my girl for almost 2 years now

and I'm still a virgin and I don't plan on having sex till i get married

--------------------

+Quote Post
WhiteMike
post Jun 28 2005, 06:10 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,953

Some people on this thread are not seeing the whole situation for what it is. Sure, you could be against abortions 100%, and you say that it is still life after all. Well, what if that person was raped, and if they were to have to child, all they would see everyday would be the child of the man who raped her. Even if she wanted to put the child up for adoption, she would have to tell the adoption agency who the father was, if she even knows. That child would be branded the rapists kid, it would go in his/her file, so if any caring person would want to adopt him/her, the main detourant to adopt this child would be that he was born from a rapist. First impressions are always important. Now, I'm not saying that this is all going to happen, maybe the parent of the child would want to keep it, I personally don't know why, but if they kept the child everything would grand for it, I guess. I wouldn't want that child to join my gene pool, I would not want a rapist to somehow be connected to me.
The other side to this issue is the aspect of dangers during pregnancy. Due to the miracles of science, we can now predict if there will be troubles during pregnancy. Why not take this warning, which even 20 years ago many people didn't get, and save your own life. Sure, you will kill your growing fetus, if its even at that stage yet, but you will save yourself. If you can save yourself, then you will be able to try again to have another child. On many media frenzies, they show how the mother chooses to die during pregnancy (cough Star Wars cough), but thats just stupid. The female body has the ability, keep listening I'm not crazy, has the ability to give birth multiple times. I know, I couldn't believe it either. But know that that is out in the open, the signs were pretty clear, just look at the Irish Catholics, they average out 6 babies a year (I'm kidding, for the most part).
I hope this has cleared some room in some of your anti-abortion minds, to show you that under certain circumstances, abortion is the best choice.

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug...
user posted image
...Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

+Quote Post

53 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:23 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css