HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!, Post Pics of Your FMA Tattoo Here!!
Velocifero
post Oct 10 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #376

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,499

Hey guys, just thought I'd share mine. I did a crapload of research before getting this and looked at numerous pictures of the manga and the anime to get it as accurate as possible. Scar's tat:

What a lot of people don't realize is that it will be different than what you see in the anime and manga on real skin. The anatomy of a certain character in a picture is going to differ from your own and you have to prepare for that. Also, skin twists when you move and can distort the image so you have to decide what position of your arm you want the image to be based on. I choose probably the most common arm position, just naturally hanging standing up. When Scar moves his arm, the animator makes it so you see what he wants you to see, which is mainly the three rows of "arrows" near the wrist as well as the lettering, no matter the position of his arm. This isn't true on real skin, so pick what arm position you want the tat to show off the most.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Oct 12 2009, 01:02 AM
Post #377

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

Woow that is wonderful!!
you have great tattoo
I always like scar tattoo <3

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 12 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #378

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Wow, Velocifero! That's awesome! That's pretty brave, too, IMO. A full sleeve tattoo. You won't have any room for anything else on that arm, or you'll mess up the whole concept. It looks really good though, I have to say smile.gif

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 12 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #379

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

velocifero! thats a freakin awesome tatoo! it looks brilliant, you're so brave to have it done though, bet it hurt XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 12 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #380

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Pretty cool tattoo, Velocifero.

While at AX this past summer, I saw some guy with Scar's 'destruction' tattoo as well. The ink was a bit faded, as I'm probably assuming the guy got it a while back, but it looked really good. The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

Good luck with yours, as it looks awesome.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 13 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #381

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 12 2009, 04:20 PM) *
The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

I was going to make a comment about that too. Like, why get it on your left arm instead of your right?

... then I noticed he was standing in front of a mirror xD

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 13 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #382

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 13 2009, 06:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 12 2009, 04:20 PM) *
The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

I was going to make a comment about that too. Like, why get it on your left arm instead of your right?

... then I noticed he was standing in front of a mirror xD

Funny...I just realized that too now... pfft...

I need more sleep...

+Quote Post
Enlistment
post Oct 13 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #383

Citizen

Member No.: 71,292

Here's what I plan to get if/when I get a tattoo

The zodiac symbols are mine on top (Sagittarius), my Mum and Dad in the middle (Gemini and Taurus), and my little brother and sister at the bottom (Virgo, my brothers been flipped both to give the tat some symmetry, and because hes a bit backwards xD). The latin is, going clockwise from the left, "Dissolve and Rebuild" "Equivalent Exchange" and "Life Balance".

What do you think?

EDIT: Modified the positioning of the middle zodiacs after a friend noted that my dad was on top T_T stupid friends and their forced mental imagery

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skorpious
post Oct 22 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #384

Citizen

Member No.: 68,643

@Velocifero - The images were deleted, which is a bummer, as I was interested in seeing how your tattoo turned out. Mainly because (like you) I have Scar's tattoo on my arm, but have yet to complete a slight detail. Maybe you can help me with it? tongue.gif

Basically, all I have to do is finish the Latin letters going across the band of the mid-section of the tattoo. However, despite searching repeatedly I could not find the text that goes on the bottom half of the band. (opposite of Terra, A, Ndan, ect, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) As of now, the lower-band is incomplete - I could clearly make of the words "AER" and "V", and had them included, but couldn't find clear images of the rest of the text. Hopefully you can help me out with this problem of mine? These letters and the small band connecting the "wings" of the upper portion of the tattoo are all I need to finally finish my tattoo.

On a somewhat related note, I am also currently looking for any clear images of the creation arm tattoo as well, so any responses would be immensely appreciated.

+Quote Post
Velocifero
post Oct 23 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #385

Citizen

Member No.: 69,499

QUOTE (edo little kid @ Oct 12 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Woow that is wonderful!!
you have great tattoo
I always like scar tattoo <3

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 12 2009, 10:55 AM) *
Wow, Velocifero! That's awesome! That's pretty brave, too, IMO. A full sleeve tattoo. You won't have any room for anything else on that arm, or you'll mess up the whole concept. It looks really good though, I have to say smile.gif

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 12 2009, 12:47 PM) *
velocifero! thats a freakin awesome tatoo! it looks brilliant, you're so brave to have it done though, bet it hurt XD

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 12 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Pretty cool tattoo, Velocifero.

While at AX this past summer, I saw some guy with Scar's 'destruction' tattoo as well. The ink was a bit faded, as I'm probably assuming the guy got it a while back, but it looked really good. The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

Good luck with yours, as it looks awesome.

Hey thanks guys! It did hurt of course. The most painful part being the top band that goes around the arm. The whole tat took 8 hours to complete and I did it on one sitting. No offense to others who tried getting this same tat, but I've seen some crappy ones. It's like they didn't even do any research or bring in any pictures to the artist. I brought it at least 5 good images of the tat for the artist to work off of.

@Skorpious -The images aren't deleted, photobucket just pwnd my account because I went over their 10 gig monthly limit. It should be back tomorrow. This forum's defunct attachment system locks up my session so I can't use that. In my research, I've never seen a "AER" or "V" so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Down the middle mine says "TERRA A Ndan, colia' and across the top it says "dop la TERRA sic, ca". You can see the whole image on a large scale in the anime in episode 22, when theyre in lab 5. Though the "la" part says "aa" in the anime, most agree that it's a typo/gibberish since it isn't a real word. La, however, is. The creation arm from what I could tell looks very similar to the destruction arm. Almost the same pattern, but the anime never shows it in detail.

-------------

ETA: Oct. 24
woohoo! pictures are back, screw you photobucket!

+Quote Post
crimsonlightning...
post Nov 9 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #386

Citizen

Member No.: 70,991

This is my FMA tattoo. It's the crest with my State Alchemist name 'Crimson Lightning'.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  fma_tattoo.jpg ( 36.91K ) Number of downloads: 107

+Quote Post
Kinada
post Nov 17 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #387

Citizen

Member No.: 71,918

Hey there, i'm thinking about possibly getting scars tattoo as well and I definitely agree with you that when getting a complicated intricate tattoo such as this definitely takes some studying to make sure your actually getting the real thing. So I was just wondering what the words TERRA A Ndan, colia' and dop la TERRA sic meant? I haven't really tried looking for a translation but I figured since you have the tat you probably know, thanks!

+Quote Post
Grazeland
post Nov 22 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #388

Citizen

Member No.: 71,977

~Transmutation Circle Pic Request ~

Can anyone find this picture http://www.dreamwidth.org/userpic/71311/40133 in a bigger size?
I plan on getting it as a tattoo.
im leaning more towards the flamel written in blood than the normal one.

thanks everyone!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  blood.jpg ( 4.81K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Nov 22 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #389

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,952

I think there is already a thread about tattoos. I dunno where, but it's somewhere in the fanworks section.
Regardless, I'll go look to see if I can find anything bigger for you smile.gif

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
Grazeland
post Nov 22 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #390

Citizen

Member No.: 71,977

QUOTE (Hyperthia @ Nov 22 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I think there is already a thread about tattoos. I dunno where, but it's somewhere in the fanworks section.
Regardless, I'll go look to see if I can find anything bigger for you smile.gif

thanks alot bro! :3

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 09:47 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css