Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dvd Volume 3, Equivalent Exchange
AlphonseRules
post May 31 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,124

<Moving from FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime Japanese Audience sun-forum where all DVD related threads are being collected currently. 02/21/07 ~Tombow.>

I went to Best Buy today to pick up Volume 3 and they didn't have it. I asked a guy that was working there when they might get it in and he said that they had gotten them about 3 weeks ago and he bought the last one. I thought he might have been joking or just meant one of the other volumes but he assured me that he already had Volume 3. I guess that they just got it way ahead of time and accidently put it on the shelf. Any other explanations?

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ymsg
post May 31 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

I don't know. A lot of stuff has come out early lately. Example- Fruits Basket b. 9 wasn't supposed to come out for two weeks, and it's already out.

A lot of the expected volumes are here already, which kinda throws me for a loop.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jun 1 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Well, Fruits Basket vol. 9 is a manga, and manga does go out early, depending on the bookstore (I'm guessing). But I'm not sure about DVD's. I remember when I went to Best Buy for the last Gravitation DVD (on the day it was supposed to be out), they didn't have it! They didn't get it until, like, a week later!
I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to get FMA DVD 3, so they better have it!!! >.<

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 1 2005, 07:29 AM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,950

Vol.3 is already out over here as well for a couple of weeks

but I ain't going to get it, I already have all of the episodes in japanese, i won't get the english version untill they got all of them out or at least a set of them out

--------------------

+Quote Post
buddah_grl357
post Jun 1 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 11,612

I got Volume 3 yesterday at FYE. I had checked at three other stores before finding it though. Every one else was sold out.

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jun 1 2005, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Apprentice

Member No.: 560

Best Buy is very bad about putting out street dated stuff heh the one around here also had them and vol 3 of Champlooo out (both DVDs were streetdated for the 31st). Didn't buy them since I always help out my coworkers by reserving stuff plus I like to use my discount at Suncoast. On the topic of street dated manga, usually unless it's supposed to be in a display we're never given a date so we just put it out. Waldenbooks does the same as well

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 1 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #7

Alchemists

people find your nearest Suncoast they sell alot of anime and FMA vol 4 will be out later this month there, put your copy on reserve buy it now, just a helpfull advise, that's how I make sure i have my copy of whatever I want.

I just got My copy of Dragonball Z movie 1: The Dead Zone Special Edition yesterday, at Suncoast, and I reserved it a bit over a month ago, you don't even have to pay full price when you put things on reserve, just 5 bucks and they will hold it for you, and you can pay it all when it comes out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maes-Hughes
post Jun 1 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,982

QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Jun 1 2005, 01:23 PM)
people find your nearest Suncoast they sell alot of anime and FMA vol 4 will be out later this month there, put your copy on reserve buy it now, just a helpfull advise, that's how I make sure i have my copy of whatever I want.

I just got My copy of Dragonball Z movie 1: The Dead Zone Special Edition yesterday, at Suncoast, and I reserved it a bit over a month ago, you don't even have to pay full price when you put things on reserve, just 5 bucks and they will hold it for you, and you can pay it all when it comes out.
[snapback]183601[/snapback]

the only problem with suncoast is that they are expensive

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Jun 1 2005, 02:13 PM
Post #9

When I bought Wolf's Rain volume 6 at Suncoast, they asked me if I wanted to pre-order volume 7 so that I could get it for $20 instead of $30. Do you know if that is the case with all of their DVDs?
I agree Hughes. I buy my DVDs at Best Buy and they are always $19.99. At Suncoast, I always see them for about $30.

--------------------

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 1 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #10

Alchemists

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jun 1 2005, 01:13 PM)
When I bought Wolf's Rain volume 6 at Suncoast, they asked me if I wanted to pre-order volume 7 so that I could get it for $20 instead of $30.  Do you know if that is the case with all of their DVDs?
I agree Hughes.  I buy my DVDs at Best Buy and they are always $19.99.  At Suncoast, I always see them for about $30.
[snapback]183663[/snapback]

about that 20 bucks instead of 30, is basically a scam, but don't be bothered by that, what they mean by that is this

you put 10 bucks down now and it will only cost 20 bucks when it comes out, that's another thing i like about suncoast if i don't have all the money I need for the movie now, i can just put at least 5 bucks to put it on hold, and anytime from then till I think about 2 weeks after it comes out i can pay up to the full price, for example

I have Seed of Chucky on reserve it comes out in a couple of weeks.

I only put 5 bucks on it at the time of reserve, i can put another 10 bucks on it right now, and then the rest when it comes out wich would be only another 10 bucks

Trust me the extra money is worth it :| i can't stand buying DVD's at Best buy, let alone anything else

I go to Fry's for most of my electronics, but for my DVD's i go to Suncoast or oder from columbia house, but for my anime i go to suncoast.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Jun 1 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

I live for suncoast, it's not that expensive.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jun 1 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,451

i went to Bestbuy too and they didn't had it. I'm pretty sure they didn't ran out. Just didn't have it in stock there or something.. so i went to Suncoast to buy it. I have to say though.. i'm kind of dissapointed that they didn't really have a lot of stuff in the extras this time.

+Quote Post
Maes-Hughes
post Jun 1 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,982

i agree suncoast is good but when ur short on money best buy is the place to go, i did however buy my DB GT episodes from suncoast (mainly because best buy was being built near buy)

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Jun 1 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Jun 1 2005, 05:20 PM)
When I bought Wolf's Rain volume 6 at Suncoast, they asked me if I wanted to pre-order volume 7 so that I could get it for $20 instead of $30.  Do you know if that is the case with all of their DVDs?
I agree Hughes.  I buy my DVDs at Best Buy and they are always $19.99.  At Suncoast, I always see them for about $30.

about that 20 bucks instead of 30, is basically a scam, but don't be bothered by that, what they mean by that is this

you put 10 bucks down now and it will only cost 20 bucks when it comes out,
[snapback]183673[/snapback]

I don't think that was what it was cause the salesman said that it was a discounted price if I preordered it before it was released. He looked it up on a piece of paper and showed me that it said $20. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a scam.

QUOTE(ymsg @ Jun 1 2005, 05:34 PM)
I live for suncoast, it's not that expensive.
[snapback]183677[/snapback]

Well just think, for the price of 2 DVDs at Suncoast, you could get 3 at Best Buy.

Then again, if Suncoast does this whole preorder discount thing with all of there anime I might change my mind on which is a better place for anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Jun 1 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #15

Alchemists

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jun 1 2005, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Jun 1 2005, 05:20 PM)

you put 10 bucks down now and it will only cost 20 bucks when it comes out,
[snapback]183673[/snapback]

I don't think that was what it was cause the salesman said that it was a discounted price if I preordered it before it was released. He looked it up on a piece of paper and showed me that it said $20. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a scam.
[snapback]183879[/snapback]

ahhh i see, guess that could be true then I havn't ran into that or don't remember lol

well I can get two dvd's at Suncoast for 9.99 or 24.99

they got this section where they have deals such as that

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 10:17 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css