HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 81 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Edamame
post Mar 11 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,530

Thank you so much for the preview translation Tombow. This chapter seems like it is certainly filled with different events. I can not wait to find out more information about the Immortal Army and what role they might play in subsequent chapters. (It kind of creeps me out that the souls will be harvested from victims killed in war.) I am glad to see that Izumi is back in the picture; I wonder what the Central Army will do if they were to find out about her location. I'm also glad to see that Ed has returned, although I agree that his return was a little mundane. (Here I was expecting this dramatic scene to play out. Oh well...) Anyway, it looks like a great chapter- all the pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fall in place.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post Mar 11 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 28,255

Many, many, many thanks to Tombow for the translation!!!

It's funny:
The Edward fangirl-side of me (a side I actually haven't seen in a while) is ABSOLUTELY RELIEVED that Ed is alright and that his return was boring,
Yet the FMA manga fan-side of me is kind of disappointed. XD

So I'm fine. smile.gif And the 'shorty' reference was a nice thing to hear - I've missed that. :c

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Mar 11 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

What do you mean by dramatic entrance? What did you expect him to do? It's either he's healed or he's not... (though I would have liked to have seen a little more of him) I'm sorry if i sound rude, i just don't know what you meant...

And so my signature remains...I was hoping it wasn't going to have the stay for long...*bangs head on wall*

happy to see Izumi. can't wait to read Rose and Winry's conversation. No word from Mei, though *worries*

Thanks Tombow and Animeoldtimer! I hope you don't mind that I linked the translation and pics to another forum (I credited you guys for it so i hope its OK)

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Mar 11 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

QUOTE(RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 11 2008, 06:17 PM) *
What do you mean by dramatic entrance? What did you expect him to do? It's either he's healed or he's not... (though I would have liked to have seen a little more of him) I'm sorry if i sound rude, i just don't know what you meant...

I didn't expect him to run in fighting the Immortal Army or anything, if that's what you thought my 'dramatic' meant. I just figured--and hoped--his return wouldn't be as laid back as it seems. Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved he's okay, and I'll still love that scene, I just hope it has a bit more excitement than what it seems to have.

But I'm pissed there's no Roy, too. Again. *emo*

+Quote Post
Izumi Sensai
post Mar 11 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 52,399

Looks like a tension building chapter getting the pieces (pun intended) further into place for the story arc's climatic conclusion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 11 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I think his return was expected to be dramatic because his injury was so major. I was expecting to see him go through some of the healing process and see him with the doctors. I guess to move the story along Arakawa decided to skip that part and go right to where he is healed. I suppose she felt three chapters was enough time for him to recover. tongue.gif happy.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
I am not SHORT!
post Mar 11 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 41,556

yay! thanks for the translation Tombow!~
I already can't wait to get to work on the chapter!! >.<

+Quote Post
Cerulean San
post Mar 11 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 52,504

QUOTE(nick fury @ Mar 11 2008, 04:41 AM) *
I can't believe some of the conclusions people are coming to from a picture. He can't get food(I think this is the funniest and my favorite) or he is facing down so he is going to die. If that book you are reading is about american comics one thing to consider is different cultures draw totally different meanings from things like this. Personally I see it as a older Ed who has seen and been through a lot and is much more mature from it all. He is ripping off his cloak, throwing away his dependence on alchemy and ready to kick the crap out of everyone who has messed with him and his friends and loved ones. I'm not saying he is done with alchemy, just that he knows his strength comes from deep inside not from alchemy.

And I so hope Ed gets with Rose just to irritate all the people who read such a good story and are concerned with pointless drivel like Ed and Winry hooking up. There is so much more to this manga than Ed and Winry, in fact it is so unimportant the subject has hardley even been acknowledged by the manga-ka in the story.

Yeah, because PAIRINGS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN, AMIRITE? Only what you want should happen. Because pairrings are so over-rated, and we're all looking for something different and tragic and dry, yes? because a story's not good unless it's overflowing with nothing but plot, and no character interaction that happens in everyday life. (Hell, in everyday life, it's all "What dress should I wear? Would he like it? NUUUU")

Don't try to change the spirit of a story. You want no romance? go read Death Note! Why are you reading the FMA manga. Didn't Hughes constantly teasing Ed and Winry about getting it on clue you in, way back in volume four?

It's Arakawa's choice, and let those who want to enjoy it, enjoy it. Also, I find it hypocritical that one moment you say you don't like romance, next you say EdRose would be better?

Yeah...

EdWinry has been so blinding, of course it would make the EdWinry fans happy. And of course if would be fun for them (Haha, I'm speaking in third person). And if you have a problem with us having fun, well... :/

Like it or not, Arakawa loves family scenerios. Like it or not, Ed's prolly gonna get someone. Like it or not, it just might be the one girl who can scare him and make him melt (Haha, cheese much?).

But no, once a story has romance, IT IS TRASH! biggrin.gif YUH!

Aside from that, Tombow, thank you so much for the translations! <3

--------------------
Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell
Canonly pwns your OTP

Icon made by me.

DeviantART Account
Icon Journal
Fanfiction

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 12 2008, 02:36 AM
Post #39

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

^I love you

Rose and Winry have a friendly talk about Ed.

See, harmony, EdWin fans and EdRose fans must unite in peaceful harmony and learn from these two though 'cat-fight' instead of 'friendly talk' would have been good too

Seems quite a slow paced chapter but I like the sound of it all the same, calm before the storm and all that. Shorty has gone and got himself all grown up but such words still upset him (yay Ed's back). Mostly looking forward to seeing Al and Hoho images

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 12 2008, 06:07 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Here's something to lighten things up a bit here since the one thing we have in common is our admiration for Ed.

I got this from tobu_ishi's posting in the hagaren_manga live journal site:

."..and steps into the light, revealing himself to be Edward Elric, looking tougher than ever with his hair loose around his shoulders and the groceries still cradled in his free arm. He clenches his automail fist, and declares that he's back at full throttle."

He just beat up three soldiers without dropping his grocery bag!!! laugh.gif ohmy.gif Now thats cool!!

In case anyone's interested it's 34 pages.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 12 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #41

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

first page posted by someone generous 8D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Alp...05290456594.jpg
<--- changed to a photobucket link. should work for everyone.

translations

Al/Win/Hoho: Ah...
Winry: Ed and Al's...
Winry+Al: Father?!
Hoho: My armor collection?! *ZOMGWTFLOLLLLLL XD*
Al: WRONG! (background says "Angry")
Hoho: Ah... I am sorry!

WIN. MADE OF WIN.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
spoonyalchemist
post Mar 12 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 45,694

^ XDDDDD That just made my day!

So when are we gonna get the full chapter? It's been a while. sad.gif

--------------------
Thanks to x_entity for the avatar!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 12 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #43

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@spoonyalchemist - This month's GanGan magazine with chapter 81 came out in Japan today.
I just checked, and now raw yet, but we are expecting to see the raw anytime now. smile.gif

@Animeoldtimer - That sounds cool! Thanks for that snippet!! ^^

@AA battery - LOL! That's so Ho-ho. XDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
spoonyalchemist
post Mar 12 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 45,694

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 12 2008, 01:21 PM) *
@spoonyalchemist - This month's GanGan magazine with chapter 81 came out in Japan today.
I just checked, and now raw yet, but we are expecting to see the raw anytime now. smile.gif

Ohhh, it came out today? I never know the exact date, I just expect it around the 10th. Guess I just have to be a little more patient then. happy.gif Thanks for the info, Tombow.

--------------------
Thanks to x_entity for the avatar!

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Mar 12 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

So, no RAW yet? Well, it'll prolly be out later today or early tomorrow if it was released in Japan today. Then again, we've had to wait as long as the fourteenth. But it only builds up suspense for a bulky chapter. :3

QUOTE(AA battery @ Mar 12 2008, 03:06 PM) *
first page posted by someone generous 8D

http://2cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/new/src/1205290456594.jpg

Aw, it's not showing up for me. sad.gif But I read the translation...

omg Hoho's my hero. xDDDDDD

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:48 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css