HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can I Be Honest? I'm FMA-1 fan and I'm Not Feeling Hot About Having another FMA (Remake) anime, FMA:Brotherhood supporters, please kindly stay away :)
Rating 3 V
FullMetalFist
post May 17 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,694

NOTE and PLEA (by Tombow): This thread is not a "debate" thread. Members who think this new series is a great idea, I ask you to please stay away from this thread (unless, specifically invited by posters of this thread, to aid in their understanding by answering their questions, etc. ... then I think it's quite all right to add your post, IMO. ^^) and try to give these people their own space where they can safely express their "unfavorable"/"uneasy" feelings toward having this remake of the first FMA anime series. Thank you!! smile.gif
===========

I get it, the fact that they want to make a series closer to the manga. It still is kind of annoying though, we had one series and now there a totally different one. I wander in the end which one will prevail. I mean I have been watching the new series and it is pretty cool. I think in the end the original series was amazing. I guess what I am trying to say is I do not know what to do or how to feel about all this nonsense. I think this was a bad decision, making a new series that is. They should have just let well enough alone. Who knows the Brotherhood series could turn out awesome, and that would be great in its own right but still I can not help having a terrible feeling about all this. I guess this was more of a rant than a question. Having two of something is not always better. dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 17 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@FullMetalFist - Aha, I'm glad you actually came out and classified it as your rant, and I think yours is a very valid opinion. So much so that I'm going to make it into a thread where people who do no like the idea of having two separate series can voice their opinions without the enthusiasts of this "manga based" FMA series coming in and quieting these voices.

Now, please don't get me wrong... I'm actually a huge FMA manga fan, and I am sooo excited to have this series based on manga story. But, I'm also a fan of the first FMA series, and I think, for the fairness's sake, it's fair that the fans of the first FMA series who are not manga fans, or anyone who just happen to think this remake is not a good idea, can have a place where they can voice their opinions and feelings about having the "remake" of the first FMA series.

So, with that, I'm splitting FullMetalFist's post on "FMA Brotherhood anime Q&A/FAQ" thread, and making into a thread for anyone who thinks that having the FMA remake is NOT a good idea, or having some doubt about having a remake. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 17 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Look, obviously (to me) there was no particular reason for this new series. The first series was massively successful, and at least to me, pretty pleasing. The new series is an obvious attempt to continue cashing in on the popularity of the title and pleasing the hardcore fans of the manga. Bones would probably be better served working on something fresh, or at least on a second season of Dark than Black.

That said, who cares? I'm actually very excited to see a new FMA series, based closer to the manga. I don't care about the reason why they're doing it. I'm a big fan of FMA in all its forms (er, except the video games, but hopefully the Wii game will be decent), so more FMA is more awesome. And for the hardcore manga fans, they finally have a series based closer to what they feel FMA should be, Arakawa's vision of FMA. I feel happy for them. Also, there are a lot of scenes in the manga that weren't in the first series that I'm excited about seeing animated.

Nobody is taking away your experiences of the first series. And yeah, maybe some people will say things like, "This is the REAL FMA", or "this replaces the no good series". Whatever. What does it matter?

If I didn't feel like this current series was any good, I wouldn't watch it. I'd go and rewatch the original series. Nobody's forcing me to watch the new one.

Except maybe Scar. Oh god, help----

Everything's fine. Ishbala bless you.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 17 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

@penguintruth - Haha, yeah, I'm excited about this series also, but let's give those people who are not feeling otherwise, some own space where they can express their feelings without our rebuttle, may we? biggrin.gif

=============

NOTE and PLEA by Tombow to the enthusiasts of this new series: This thread is not a "debate" thread. Members who think this new series is a great idea, I ask you to please stay away from this thread (unless, specifically invited by posters of this thread, to aid in their understanding by answering their questions, etc. ... then I think it's quite all right to add your post, IMO. ^^) and try to give these people their own space where they can safely express their "unfavorable" feelings toward having the "remake" of the first FMA anime series. Thank you!! smile.gif

Also, NOTE to the intended posters of this thread: This is your chance to calmly explain how and why you feel that you're not feeling hot about having a remake of the first FMA anime. This is NOT a thread to bash and trash the new anime series. Making a post such as "This new series is a piece of crap!!!" (or similar trashing of the new series) would be doing DISSERVICE to fellow posters by increasing the chance of this thread being closed (or your post being removed.)
If your sole purpose of making a post on this thread is to bash and trash this new series, I ask you to stay away from this thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post May 17 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

So far I have been somewhat disappointed by the new series, but no matter how you slice it, it is incredibly hard to start out by having to re-do much of the same material from the first series - and the rehashing I think is part of what is making the new series seem dryer to me. Not only that but it's rehashing at an incredibly fast pace, so it's like glossing over without getting the full depth that the first anime accomplished. But then again, for someone who is new to FMA, this new series is probably pretty awesome so far for them - lots of interesting plot with no filler episodes (unlike the first anime with majahal, the tringham brothers, psiren...), and they haven't heard the jokes before either.

I think the series will get much better for us who have seen the other anime very shortly when things start getting different. Which should be *very* soon at the rate we're going - before you know it we'll be in Rush Valley (I would guess about 4 more eps), which I view as the major turning point where the old anime digresses from the manga.

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post May 17 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #6

Citizen

I am not even saying I think its necessarily a bad idea, I guess I just do not know how to feel. I love the fma manga, I am just having a hard time with fact that people are now going to blow off the original series. I think the original is amazing. I thought it was cool having the story told in anime and then the manga be a little different. Now there is another series and I do not know what to make of it. I do not know if that makes sense. I guess I have a question, its a little weird but here it is. Am I allowed to like both of them. I mean I know literally I can but will the time space continuum rip open. ha ha

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post May 17 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

I wanted an adaptation of the manga. Not just to see the Lust versus Roy animated, but because people that read the manga are all too rare. I'd like to see the story more widely known, discussed and celebrated.

But I'm a bit worried, because even though they're rushing through Brotherhood so far, the bits they're cutting and the writing in general has me worried for how it'll turn out in the future. :\

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post May 17 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Quite honestly I wasn't so sure about it at first either. I was pretty content with having the manga and anime being two separate entities.

But now that the new anime is here I have to admit I am excited to see the manga storyline animated since I really love the manga. I do worry about the increase in anime VS manga fans 1st series VS 2nd series fans though but I guess that comes with the territory of being involved with a large fandom with so many different versions.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 17 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ May 17 2009, 10:17 PM) *
.... I guess I have a question, its a little weird but here it is. Am I allowed to like both of them. I mean I know literally I can but will the time space continuum rip open. ha ha

@FullMetalFist - Sure you can! ^^ I like both the first series, and the new one. When I was following the first series, I was sooo excited to watch every new episode. The first series was emotionally gripping, and the story was moving away from manga so I did not really know how the story would go, and watching every episode in the first series was such an intense experience. This time, I already know the main story line, and hence I'm more relaxed and enjoying feeling "familiarity" while watching this series. It's very different experience, but nonetheless entertaining, and I'm enjoying it very much.

But, I kind of think I know what you mean by feeling your "FMA space time continuum" messed up by watching the two different series. XDD I had the similar "weired feeling" time to time while watching the first series AND following FMA manga at the same time. laugh.gif But, by now my brain is used to the fact about FMA manga and FMA anime (first series) having completely different story universes. And, mainly because by now I had some time away from the first series, and meantime I've been following FMA manga very closely, and so what I see in this new series is very familiar with me already, and I no longer get any weired feeling of having the two FMA universes. But, for others who were fans of the first anime series, and who haven't read manga or who are only the casual followers of FMA manga, I can very much understand having the weired feeling about this new series with the different FMA story universe. biggrin.gif

Anyway, my answer to you is .. "sure you can, & of course you're allowed," and in my opinion, accepting and enjoying this new series with it's own set of FMA universe is NOT going to negate your viewing experience you had with the first series of FMA anime, and I hope eventually you can get used to the fact of having the two different FMA story universes. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post May 17 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #10

Citizen

You know what, what you said actually makes me feel a lot better. Thanks a lot. I do definitely look forward to the new series. That is a good way to look at it, 2 different fma universes. Thanks a lot.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 17 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

@FullMetalFist - Oh, I'm glad what I said made some sense. ^^
Gahaha, yes, let's live long, prosper, and enjoy the new FMA series!! biggrin.gif
(It's the Trek fan in me talking... tongue.gif )
Seriously, I'm glad you're looking forward to watching this series!! ^^

And, now that the original question with the OP is resolved, I think we can open up the floor to everyone to post and state their mind....shall we? ^^
(Or, if no more posts , then let the thread slide down quietly. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post May 17 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ May 17 2009, 09:17 PM) *
I am not even saying I think its necessarily a bad idea, I guess I just do not know how to feel. I love the fma manga, I am just having a hard time with fact that people are now going to blow off the original series. I think the original is amazing. I thought it was cool having the story told in anime and then the manga be a little different. Now there is another series and I do not know what to make of it. I do not know if that makes sense. I guess I have a question, its a little weird but here it is. Am I allowed to like both of them. I mean I know literally I can but will the time space continuum rip open. ha ha

See, I feel the same way! I absolutely love the FMA manga, more than I do the first anime. HOWEVER, I still absolutely LOVE the first series. There will be no taking that away from me. I was a little worried in the beginning and still kinda am somewhat in their lack of quality in the art in the most recent episode. It felt very lazy to me, but it could just be because of the rehashing...=/ Hard to say really. Anyway, can you like both of them? Of COURSE you can!! You shouldn't have to question if you're allowed to like both of them and certainly nobody should judge you for that either! You like what you like and you enjoy it. Who cares what other people might think. Everybody has their own opinions on things and if you want to like both of them, only like one, hate one or hate them both then more power to ya! Don't let anybody tell you different. ^_~

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Imbris
post May 18 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

I don't mean to come off as snippy, but if you don't like the idea of a remake...just don't watch it! No one (as far as I know) is tying you up and forcing you to watch it, so this really shouldn't be a big deal.

On the other hand...I love your avatar FullMetalFist. Franklin's awesome.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 18 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (Imbris @ May 18 2009, 04:35 AM) *
I don't mean to come off as snippy, but if you don't like the idea of a remake...just don't watch it! No one (as far as I know) is tying you up and forcing you to watch it, so this really shouldn't be a big deal.

@Imbris - I think, replying to someone by telling "if you don't like it don't watch it" does sound snippy, IMO. tongue.gif
In case you missed it, let me repeat the NOTE about this thread. smile.gif
NOTE: This thread is not a "debate" thread. Members who think this new series is a great idea, I ask you to please stay away from this thread... and try to give these people their own space where they can safely express their "unfavorable" feelings toward having this FMA anime series....

In other words, this thread is set up as an "SANCTUARY" for certain group of people to be able to safely speak their mind without being a target of snider, or "snippy" comments, or being overwhelmed by post after posts of majority opinions against them every time they post and express their opinions/feelings on the subject. I ask everyone to respect that and if the only thing you have for your post is some "snippy" or snide comments, then I respectfully ask you to honor this thread as their sanctuary, and stay away from this thread. smile.gif

(On the other hand, you probably did not mean to come in just to make some "snippy" comment, as you said on your post, but I think your post does really come off that way, IMO. tongue.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imbris
post May 18 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

Haha yeah, I really didn't mean it that way, but I know how it came off. Continue as usual. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 06:52 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css