HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Kale Mustang
post Jul 12 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #16891

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 12 2009, 10:57 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 13 2009, 07:40 AM) *
I'd probably say that 85% of the time Riza's in control, 10% Roy let's Riza take control and... 5% of the time, Roy's in control.

*evil grin* And I think I agree and approve of this.

Like I'd disprove my own calculations... I'm smarter than that... *smirks*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zagu
post Jul 12 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #16892

Citizen

Member No.: 68,888

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 12 2009, 10:40 PM) *
QUOTE (zagu @ Jul 12 2009, 10:25 PM) *
I love it when Riza's seemingly wearing the pants here...wink.gif

Welcome zagu and I'd probably say that 85% of the time Riza's in control, 10% Roy let's Riza take control and... 5% of the time, Roy's in control.

tongue.gif

Hah, inspite of this I "aww"- ed at the fact how Roy's such a gentleman! He could've hogged the remaining 15% but decided to give away the 10. wink.gif

And thank you to Kale Mustang and amestris_star for the welcome! smile.gif

But anyway...while Bones are probably having a blast mind-boggling us fans in regards to RoyAi moments, I wonder if anyone could guess if, when or what they will suddenly blow us with a RoyAi moment. Just for fun perhaps?

As far as I am concerned it's such a pity that they didn't animate those scenes (would've made some good AMV huh), but I still have faith they'll compensate this with a kick-[All hail lord Xenu] RoyAi moment (SOON!!!).

I'm thinking they'll start with the conversation between Roy and "Elizabeth". Episode 17. Yeah, some may not be so optimistic about this but I WON'T. biggrin.gif

I bet my whole month of internet time on this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post Jul 12 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #16893

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

I really dont think that they will cut the call.. without the call, Roy wouldn't get in the battle.. and without that scene they wouldnt have gone to the underground world where the hommunculi are .. and well that scene is crucial .. they cant just cut it.

Lets have faith in Bones! Maybe they are looking for a better way to introduce Royai tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 13 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #16894

Major General

QUOTE (HannahBlack09 @ Jul 12 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Lets have faith in Bones! Maybe they are looking for a better way to introduce Royai tongue.gif

I've been taking the wait-and-see approach with each episode. I figure if I try to watch every episode with no expectations, any surprises that happen (or don't happen) won't disappoint me.

Now if I could just let the things that annoy me slide...

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jul 13 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #16895

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

I'm afraid that when the Lust vs Roy scenes come and Riza breaks down people who dont read the manga will think "Why the hell is she so upset? They dont even talk to each other..." if the scene comes at all. It'll seem so sudden as hardly any scenes of them together are being shown...

It'll all make sense to us as we've read the scene all those months ago... but still. What.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Jul 13 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #16896

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I wouldn't panic. There's no reason to believe that Bones would cut Riza out of Lust vs. Roy confrontation. I f you look at their actions this far, they rush through things but they don't shorten the amount of people. Yes, the Barry confontations were shortened, but even if there's no explanation they kept Falman there, even when he doesn't say a thing to Barry. They could've got him out of that scene and they didn't. So why not include Riza in chasing after Barry? They showed us how awsome she is with guns (she even managed to shoot Scar's glasses off!) and how well she can handle Barry and how she's always with here Colonel and suddenly she doesn't go with him? I don't think so...

(It just occured to me if they did cut her completely who would be on her place in the call scene. Havoc? "Hello, Jaqueline, sweetheart, I missed you. I'm soooo glad the Lieutenant's not here so I can call you." - hilarious, if not Royai laugh.gif )

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 13 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #16897

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

Agreed with SneakyRuler...I'm slightly disappointed that they skipped some Royai stuff, but you have to remember that the show isn't centered around Royai. Bones is doing a pretty good job, IMO, of faithfully animating the manga. Sure, it's not completely panel by panel, but that would be boring anyway. If they skip things, it's only because it's not necessary for the plot. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about the call scene because that's how Roy gets to the fight.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 13 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #16898

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jul 13 2009, 07:37 AM) *
Agreed with SneakyRuler...I'm slightly disappointed that they skipped some Royai stuff, but you have to remember that the show isn't centered around Royai. Bones is doing a pretty good job, IMO, of faithfully animating the manga. Sure, it's not completely panel by panel, but that would be boring anyway. If they skip things, it's only because it's not necessary for the plot. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about the call scene because that's how Roy gets to the fight.

I second you on that XD

But I think that, if they were to take out the call scene, they would take out the whole sequence out and make it anew as to how they get to the 'underground'.(just like they did with the Island scenes)
It would be the smartest thing to do in that situation, if they REALLY had to change it , but it's still very unlikely, since it's a very good sequence that involve not only the 'call' and Mustang-tachi, but also Al e the first actual FIGHT with the homunculus, as well as the Xing people and the thing about them sensing the homunculus. There're too many important things in this sequence for them to think about cutting it (unlike the whole island sequence, which is VERY big, with one bottom line and that already appeared in the 1st anime)

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Hey
post Jul 13 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #16899

Citizen

Member No.: 62,200

I *roughly* translated the part RizaXRoy posted here:

Ed: Oh yeah, why are you here, Lieutenant? Is it okay if you're not looking after (?) the Fuhrer?
Riza: His Excellency the Fuhrer has issued an edict of a handover (?).
I'm mailing it, since there's someone here who's a shirker.
Roy: I wonder who that is about, Lieutenant.
Riza: I think you know very well, Colonel.
Roy: ......
Inner mind of Ed
(Lieutenant, she became the Fuhrer's aide)
(It's a sudden change, but she's able to cope well with her work, that's a great person for you (?))

(?) means I'm not too sure about those parts..I mean, so many words I've never seen before :P Yeah I suck. :)

--------------------
DENIAL.

+Quote Post
RizaXRoy
post Jul 13 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #16900

Apprentice

Member No.: 34,163

@zagu: You're welcome!! Yeah~ it's nice if they suddenly blow us with epic Royai moments..but the chances just.... ohmy.gif

QUOTE (JELEE @ Jul 13 2009, 01:23 AM) *
I'm afraid that when the Lust vs Roy scenes come and Riza breaks down people who dont read the manga will think "Why the hell is she so upset? They dont even talk to each other..." if the scene comes at all. It'll seem so sudden as hardly any scenes of them together are being shown...

It'll all make sense to us as we've read the scene all those months ago... but still. What.

I'm agreed with you here.
On the other hand, I realized that they love to cut Royai subtle scenes. Ok, I think Riza will be there in chasing after the Barry and the call scene will be shown but probably Riza won't cry at the end as they don't want to show their subtle relationship. I hope all of this is not true!!

@Hey: Thanks for the translations!! You're good enough at translating!! biggrin.gif BTW, I still got lot of FMA Dream Carnival Royai conversations, do mind to translate too? tongue.gif I gave 1 long conversation to Tombow before so I feel embarrassed if I ask him to translate others!!

--------------------

Sig by Nil-Chan,thanks to awesome Nil-Chan..!
Roy and Riza-the best pairing..Hope there will be more and more roiai moments in the manga.

My Royai AMV.Hope you enjoy it!

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jul 13 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #16901

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

OMG! I finally manage to watch episode 15 yesterday night and really! They cut that jealous Roy scene. ohmy.gif

I wonder if Bones will compensate us with extra royai in the Lust vs. Roy part. If they are, then I don't mind they cut it. But still, it's very rare that you can actually see a jealous Roy. Since, there might be a jealous Roy in Wii game. I want to know the story so badly. Gyahhh!!!!

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 13 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #16902

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (spectator @ Jul 13 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Since, there might be a jealous Roy in Wii game. I want to know the story so badly. Gyahhh!!!!

People keep saying that! Has it been released that the Prince has his eye out on Riza, or are people just thinking wishfully? Because, I've also heard theories that the Prince put Roy in jail because he was trying to win the heart of Riza, but where is it said that he likes her in the first place? Please answer.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jul 13 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #16903

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

@Hagaren_4ever: I am not so sure. But I did go to the game website to check it out. Then I clicked on the character tab. There are a few picutres of Riza. I think I clicked the first one. She mentioned something like a party. My guess is that the prince invites her to the party. It's just my guess. Gosh! If it is a triangle love, then it's going to be the hottest Royai ever. Finally! Something what we hardcore Royai fans want. laugh.gif

And I want to see Riza in a nice evening dress. She's going to be so gorgeous. Anyway, maybe I'm thinking too much. Because, a really explicit Royai has never appeared before, not in the manga, nor the anime.

I just found out that Bones is the same company that made the movie.... Does that mean that they anti Royai?? Don't tell me for the new series too...

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Makika
post Jul 13 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #16904

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

Bones isn't a anti Royai company (they CAN"T be ohmy.gif), they just don't have so much money to make a anime with 200 episodes or something like this, because that, they are putting in the FMA:B all the really important scenes in the manga and the scenes which will have some impact in the history later.
They are not interest in make a Royai anime, they just want to make a FMA anime where the fans can watch and say "whoa! that's really good anime! It is very like the manga!"

Of course i'm disapointed because of the "cut-scenes thing", I love that Barry/Jealous scene but I can't say I expect and "took my cards" in the 100% adaption of the manga, they simply can't do this.
But it's cool to see Ling and all the others Xingenese [?] persons animated, I think this FMA:B is on play just for we can see the exclusive manga characters "alive" and a best history than the other anime. (with their Royai moments in like "bonus", of course)
I'm not "angry" with the anime, we'll have some royai scenes, I have shure of this, because some royai scenes are essencial for the history of fma, so guys, don't spend your forces with this cut Barry scene, we'll be reward. tongue.gif

Ah, and about the game, I'm veeeeery anxious and happy with the plt, I hope they make a English version soon *---*
It's like a Royai fanfic, but oficial!!! *---* (but one more time, i can't took all my cards in this, probaly they will focus a lot more on Ed and that girl (oh, some Winry jealous too?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 13 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #16905

Major General

QUOTE (spectator @ Jul 13 2009, 02:40 PM) *
I just found out that Bones is the same company that made the movie.... Does that mean that they anti Royai?? Don't tell me for the new series too...

Bones is just an animation & production company.

I mean for the first series, they did what they did because they were forced to make up their own story as the manga was not too terribly far along. They had to make the movie to tie up the loose ends that resulted from the first series.

Now that the manga is sufficiently far along, they don't have to worry about making up new things (save for Isaac - who was created at Arakawa-sensei's request, I believe) but rather, they need to make the show appeal to the main demographic and if that means cutting out the subtle romantic tension or re-organizing the plot in favor of more action, then they will. FMA is first and foremost, a shounen story so romance will always come at the expense of action. And since the title is 'Fullmetal' not 'Flame' well, obviously Ed gets more time than Roy. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css