HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
HawkseyeM1910
post Jun 11 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #22516

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,381

I figured I would comment on everyone's work now that I have a free moment.

@Schnabeltier I've seen your sketches on websites before and thought they were amazing, so to see that you posted them on here too, is pretty exciting.

@4de I love the sketch, you did a great job

@Telramko Sweet and very interesting fic and take on their lives

@angelstar I loved the poems and the fics were super adorable

@iAmJelly That fic was fantastic, I've read many other of your fics so, I already knew I would be a fan of this one

@Yadi ina I love your work, super cute, I was particularly fond of the last one too

@Storm Goddness Happy Royai day to you too. Your friends art is beautiful!

@LadyNorbert I'm a little sad I didn't get to finish it this week, but it's because you know I'm in love with your work. Hope you have a good time at the wedding!

@First Moon I love your fanmix, it's super cute and it was an interesting idea to combine your favorite things together

@Jacksparrow I love your fan fics, I think I've commented on them before, but if not, then I need to do that. I hope you continue writing ^.^

@xUltimate Shieldx I really, really admire your work, you have such a unique style, I'm a fan of yours wink.gif

@Dark Winds I've said this before, but I will say it again anyway, I love your cake, I want to steal it biggrin.gif

@Bay Alexison I love both of your fics! I especially love your first one because I was always extremely interested in Riza meeting Madame Christmas, so I'm glad to see someone finally wrote about their first meeting

@Pannan I love your style, and your coloring of the pictures, you did an excellent job, I would like to see more of your work biggrin.gif

@RoyRizaFan I found your picture on DeviantArt before here, but I had a super excited reaction to it. The balloons gave a nice touch to it, and made me realize Royai Day should celebrated by everyone, even people who don't love them as much as we do tongue.gif

A Pierrot's Aria I think you did a great job at drawing them, they look super cute, I also love the way you colored the picture, and what I really, really admired, was your perspective/the scenery, there's one thing to draw the focal point (Roy and Riza in this case) really well, but when you draw the scenery just as excellent, then extra points for you!

@lizzard_2010 I just added your picture to my favorites on Deviant Art, I have to do that to the other ones too, now that I got a free moment. Words can not express how much I adore your picture. I love work that closely looks like the anime, and I think you did a fantastic job on make it look really close. I need to browse your other work. smile.gif

A Pierrot's Aria, RoyxRizaFan, jacksparrow589 Thank you very much for the compliments
And back to A Pierrot's Aria for the third time tongue.gif, my friend said "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm glad you find it interesting and plan to keep up with!"

I hope no one else commented yet after I wrote this, because I am not neglecting your post if you did !

Happy Royai Day! biggrin.gif

EDIT: @Michiyo I think you posted when I was still writing this long review! Anyway, super, super adorable picture. I adore it. It's super good for a quick little picture you just did today! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 11 2011, 04:11 PM
Post #22517

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Dark-Winds and xUltimate Shieldx--That cake is amazing and I want it all NOW. biggrin.gif

HawkseyeM1910--Nice fanfic!

Bay Alexison--Glad you decided to join us in celebrating the most important day of the year! tongue.gif And lovely fanfics!

Pananan--Wow... That back-to-back drawing is beautiful!

Michiyo---D'awww... So cute! smile.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Jun 11 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #22518

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

I don't feel very inspired lately...
But just today, I was visiting one of my favorite japanese fanartists (who generally does art for the Xenoverse and Okami...), and look what I found :
http://dakkun.chips.jp/odai/hagane11.html
Royai, Hayate and puppies !!
I squeed hard... I have a lot of interests in commun with this artist but I wasn't expecting to see some Royai art. So, "squee time" for me !
Just thought I should share it... Royai Day obliged.

As for Royai... Well, I love them because of their trust, respect and devotion. And those little moments that make my insides burn in the sweetest way... "Don't Die"
I love the occasional playfullness/humor also... they're so cute, seriously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ingnae
post Jun 11 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #22519

Citizen

Member No.: 74,947

Happy Royai Day everyone!! biggrin.gif It's nice to see everyone's work!
As what Michiyo- says, I don't have much free time because of exam next week...but I drew as quickly as possible.

(Oops, too large sleep.gif )

My favorite thing about Royai is... they're grown-up couple. Royai is very different of the pairing of anime/manga I've ever seen. I just love how they both interact and communicate openly to one another. They do show a strong connection and their relationship is very deep and emotional. Also, I like how the characters (Roy and Riza) are awesome and very attractive. All thanks to Arakawa-Sensei and Royai Fans! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Drawn and Set by me.

+Quote Post
sarahbn
post Jun 11 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #22520

Citizen

Member No.: 79,977

Happy Roiai Day everyone!

I can't draw and I don't write well, so my contribution is this: I asked my husband whether he thought Roy and Riza had ever... been intimate... and he said "Only if SHE initiated it." I think my husband is right; if Roy tried to put the moves on an unwilling Riza, he'd end up with a few extra holes in him. wink.gif

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 11 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #22521

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

RadicalDreamer--So... CUTE!!!! wub.gif

Ignae--Lovely art! smile.gif

sarahbn--Hmmmm, I dunno... I can see it being that way or the other. They'd just never force the other, is all, is my opinion. But yeah, it would probably be worse if it were Roy. laugh.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 11 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #22522

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@HawkseyeM1910 No problem! I have a few fics I have on my "to read list" now. xP (jacksparrow's fics being among them, I feel bad that I haven't started reading them before, but I've only started reading Royai fics recently! D: ) I don't have a fanfiction account, so I have to keep a small group of bookmarked stories. laugh.gif

@Michiyo I'm so glad you were be able to do something! hug.gif I can easily say that's the cutest thing I've ever seen, you did a fantastic job with it!!

@RadicalDreamer That fanart you posted is spectacular! And I agree with your reasons as to why Royai is so great! biggrin.gif

@Ingnae Absolutely gorgeous drawing! I really love the bright colours and really, really love your style! I love images of them back to back!

@sarahbn Welcome to the Royai thread! hug.gif

(I made comments on previous contributions on page 1501, just in case anyone missed them!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jun 11 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #22523

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

Okay. Here we go. The things I love about Royai. Prepare yourselves for a very long response. *clears throat*

1. Their devotion and loyalty to one another.

I feel like Roy and Riza have this very strong, unbreakable bond that I've never seen in any characters in a series before. They are always by each other's sides and watching each other's backs. They would do anything to protect one another. I feel like even though Riza is the bodyguard, Roy would just as easily risk his life to save her (Which has been shown before in the manga). Riza will do whatever it takes to help Roy get to the top. Neither of them would ever betray or leave the other one for selfish reasons. Wherever one goes, the other will follow.

2. Their unspoken feelings and bond.

I believe that throughout the whole course of the manga, and before that, Roy and Riza have known that they love each other. I think that they both know how the other one feels as well. They express these feelings silently and have their own hidden language of saying "I love you." Whether it's just a brush against each other, or a quick glance, they know what he other one means. And this doesn't just apply for their romantic feelings either. In general, they have a strong sense of understanding of each other. They known when one is in danger, or when the other is trying to tell them something. Roy and Riza know that they love each other. There is no denial in their feelings with each other. They know how they feel and they accept that. They also accept the fact that they cannot be in an open relationship because of military regulations. And they also feel it is for the better. Fraternization laws aren't there for no reason. They're not something that can just be abolished, and Roy and Riza understand that. They want to put their job and their duty and helping the people of their country before their own wants. It's not just their own way of helping the country, but their way of atoning for everything that they've done. They want to put all of this before a relationship. Riza could easily quit and marry Roy, but she chooses not to. She chooses to stay by his side and not only protect him, but help restore the country in her own way too. I don't know if Roy and Riza will ever get married because they'll always put their duty first. But in my opinion, that's what makes their relationship so awesome and unique. That they would put everything else before their own personal wants, but still know that they love each other through this unspoken language and be content with that alone.

3. The way they act on their feelings.

This kind of goes along with the unspoken language thing, but kind of not. They act on their feelings through this unspoken language, but I'm sure that they express themselves in other ways too. For example, my friend and I like to think that dancing would be a cool thing for them to do. Mainly because dancing is a form of unspoken language between you and your partner. It seems like the perfect activity for them, am I right? biggrin.gif Also, I seriously wouldn't doubt it if Roy and Riza have accidentally slipped up a few times and ended up having a sexual interaction. Let's face it, nobody's perfect. Not even Roy and Riza. Everyone slips up now and again. So I'm just saying I seriously don't doubt it. But I don't think it would be a bad thing necessarily. It would just be a good way for them to pour out their emotions to one another. But those are both just fan assumptions *nervous laugh* But back to my original point. Roy and Riza act on their feelings in a good way and remain loyal to each other while doing so. I have to say, I'm not a believer in the fact that Roy is some player who goes around having sex with women. Let's think about this logically. We know that a lot of his dates are women who leak information to him from Chris Mustang. We also know Roy's general nature, and how he treats people. Roy really likes women. He's been around them his whole life. He was raised well, dresses well, and is very polite. The kind of guy who holds doors and pulls out chairs. Sounds like gentleman to me. He has a lot more respect for women than people think he does. I think he goes out with women so much simply because he enjoys their company. And then let's consider this, if Roy and Riza know how they feel about each other, why would Roy sleep around with other women? And if he did, why would Riza put up with that? It just doesn't add up. But once again, back to my point. I think this is another way of showing how they act on their feelings that I love. Roy could get any woman he wants. He doesn't need to stay loyal to Riza. And yet he does.

4. Their ultimate theme.

The ultimate theme of Roy and Riza is one of my favorite things about them. "Staying by your loved one's side no matter what." Roy and Riza have been through everything together. They've seen each other do awful things and they've seen each other get completely out of control. They've remained by each other's sides even when nobody else wanted to. It just shows that they'll never give up on each other, and that they'll go through thick and thin to stay together.

5. Reading between the lines.

Roy and Riza are one of those pairings where you have to read between the lines to fully appreciate and understand them. I feel like there's a lot of misconceptions about Roy and Riza not only as characters, but as a couple. One example is what I was talking about earlier, the whole thing about Roy being a player. If more people would read between the lines, and study Roy's character, then they would see that he wouldn't just sleep with everything that moved. And it's the same way with Roy and Riza's pairing. A lot of people were upset that Roy and Riza didn't get tgether. But if you read deeper and analyze more you can see that they've known they've loved each other the whole time. And I love analyzing. So I love how deep Arakawa made their relationship, and that you really have to look to find it smile.gif

*deep sigh* OKAY THAT WAS REALLY LONG! But I really love Royai, and it IS Royai day lol (Not here anymore, it's 12:23 AM TT___TT but it's because i took almost an hour to write this lol) My friend, xUltimate_Shieldx and I have put a lot of time and effort analyzing Royai cause we have no life xD But these are my reasons for loving Royai so much biggrin.gif And I swear I WILL get around to commenting on all of the amazing works you've all posted! I looked at them all and they're great!! I'll post individual comments tomorrow when it's not this late lol If you read that all you can have an imaginary piece of the Royai Day cake my friend and I made lol.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jun 11 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #22524

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

As you probably know by now, Dark-Winds and I are friends and have the same thoughts on Royai, so if you want to know my thoughts and what I like about them, just read her long comment happy.gif

On another note, I'll finally comment on everyone's stuff!

Ignae: I really love the hues of pink you used. It makes the picture look light and sweet happy.gif

Michiyo-: Aw, those are really cute chibis biggrin.gif The picture is adorable.

lizzard_2010: The first thing that stood out to me on this were Riza's eyes. I really love how you did them happy.gif The coloring is nice and simple too.

Pananan: I really love your use of colors. That with your use of strokes makes the picture look really nice biggrin.gif

FirstMoon: I was pleasantly surprised by this! All the songs and descriptions you had were really nice and I enjoyed looking through them happy.gif

yadi-ina: All your sketches are cute and simple. They were fun to look at biggrin.gif

HawkseyeM1910: Your sketch in its own way is just so simple that it's nice smile.gif I love how you just have them standing their so simply and yet touching each other like that happy.gif The single picture is cool too. I like any picture with Riza's back in it biggrin.gif

A Pierrot's Ace: Wow! The coloring really got my attention. I love your use of marker (at least what I think is marker) and admire it. Markers (at least for me) are so difficult to use. I love the concept, too. happy.gif

4de: You did a good job with this happy.gif That perspective is really challenging so I applaud you for taking that challenge and succeeding with it smile.gif

Schnabeltier: I think that pen sketch is my favorite. I love the poses and the simplicity of it (can you tell by now I like simple things?). Also, I like how you used the pen for it. And I love the wedding in your other one. It's very cute happy.gif

And unfortunately, the only fic I've gotten to read so far (it takes more time and motivation for me to read fanfictions) is iAmJelly's. I simply loved how you portrayed their relationship, and it felt very in character and natural and just so deep and beautiful. It was a very enjoyable read and it truly does remind us why we love Royai.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Schnabeltier
post Jun 11 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #22525

Citizen

Member No.: 81,123

Dark-Winds and xUltimate_Shieldx - Fantastic, I agree on everything and I couldn't have said it better! I especially agree with you on your second point! Also that cake is fantastic, it is not lame at all! Also, xUltimate_Shieldx that fanart is super adorable! I love chess themes and her expression ahaha. Also, I actually use a mechanical pencil! I just tweak the lines on photoshop because otherwise they'd be really hard to see ><

Ingnae - Oh, I love love love it when people draw them in something formal. Right before focusing on your exams too! Impressive haha.

Pananan - Never draw people again?! Hey, what you've done is pretty good, really and I love that one by the tree. I love this style, like you don't even knowww.

lizzard_2010 - It's gorgeous! You even got the art style down and Hayate's adorable!

Michiyo- - That's adorable! Really, I don't know how you people manage to draw anything with an exam coming up, it really is impressive haha.

RoyxRizaFan - I like your 10 balloons idea! and 10 years? I hadn't noticed it's been that long already!

FirstMoon - Oh gosh, Rain and No Air. I love how all the songs are more or less apt. You really thought of this well!

A Pierrot's Aria - They look amazing nonetheless! I'm jealous! I've always wanted Copic Markers but they aren't really available around here or they're crazy expensive smile.gif

jacksparrow589 - Beautiful, simple but there's depth to it. Exactly how I'd describe their relationship.

Bay Alexison - I liked Drifting Apart! UST is one of my favorite things and you hit my weakness, bullseye. No doubt they do have it tongue.gif

RadicalDreamer - Thank you for sharing that, awww so precious! I don't even like dogs but aha so cute

sarahbn - I'm pretty sure she's the one who gives her approval but I agree with jacksparrow589 that it's a mutual decision, if it ever happens. IMO there won't ever be a need to ask, I think they'd just go for it when they know it's time.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked them!

Last minute submission! Last trick up my sleeve, I guess. Like I said in the Penny for your thoughts thread, can't draw people making out, ever. laugh.gif I drew this for Megami.Ze over at FF.net because I love her work so much. It was especially inspired by her fic, Shatter. Seriously, give it a read, it's beautiful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jun 11 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #22526

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

Schnabeltier: Oh, it's pencil? Well, then I love how you use pencil happy.gif Also, I love your last minute drawing. The use of lines to shade/"color" is is really pretty, and the pose is really sweet biggrin.gif

And I forgot to mention this before, but thank you to anyone who commented on my picture. It's highly appreciated! happy.gif

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
RedAsATomato
post Jun 11 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #22527

Citizen

Member No.: 81,049

Hehe, Happy Royai Day! Amazing parts everyone, this is so exciting!

Here's my contribution to the festivities:

Deviantart: When You Move, I Move With You

As for my response to the prompt, I had this answer, which I submitted with the entry:
"The theme for this year had been "My favorite thing about Royai is..." so I suppose I should include that. And thus, my answer to fill in that quote is this: their bond. Through thick and thin they've been there, are there, and will always be there for one another. They've seen the whole spectrum of one another, both their best and their worst, and even seeing the latter wasn't enough to break them apart. There's a subtlety and undertone in their relationship that can't be denied. They connect on ways far deeper than meets the eye, and they're so fully in-tuned to one another, so intertwined in each other's lives. The devotion, the loyalty, the care is simply amazing, astonishing, overwhelming even once you comprehend the deeper aspects of their relationship.

I'm not entirely good with words at times, and don't really know how to explain myself, but I hope that made sense somewhat."

I don't know how to put it to justice really--it's raw, it's real, I mean, what else can I say?

+Quote Post
Telramko
post Jun 12 2011, 03:19 AM
Post #22528

Citizen

Member No.: 74,855

Just wanted to share this

+Quote Post
iAmjelly
post Jun 12 2011, 03:32 AM
Post #22529

Citizen

Member No.: 68,655

So. Much. Royai. Oh gosh - I wish I could take a good look at everyone's fanarts and fanfictions all ready, but I have exams in three days and I'm kind of freaking out so I won't be able to get to them properly until after.

Still though, thanks everyone! I'm glad you all liked we are our own heroes - I wrote it in a rush (again, because I'm freaking out about exams) so I'm really glad you all enjoyed it.

@Telramko: Is that official? It looks official - I think that might be the shippiest official thing I've ever seen *hearts*

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 12 2011, 05:52 AM
Post #22530

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Dark Winds Amazing compendium on the relationship between Roy and Riza. It's all well thought out and I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with your points! I particularly love the point you brought up about Roy being a gentleman, and not the player that a lot of people make him out to be!

@xUltimate Shieldx Thank you! And yes, I did use markers to colour it. biggrin.gif

@Schnabeltier Your picture is really awesome and so sweet --I just love the sketchiness of it!!
(And yes, Copics definitely leave a crater in your bank balance. crybaby.gif ) xD!

@RedAsATomato Your picture is so brilliant! I love how Riza is behind Roy, in a protective stance with her gun. And I love the colouring --the shading looks so lovely and soft! And you explained their relationship with one another really well!

@Telramko That's the most awesome card ever...! o.o

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 07:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css