Joined: 30-January 10
Member No.: 72,714
This weeks episode was good, but nothing made me go crazy about it. Ya good fight scene, but meh... maybe it's my fault for expecting more from this week than I should have. Or maybe I just need to watch it again....
Joined: 7-December 09
Member No.: 72,103
- I do really love the scene where Pride takes control over Al's body at the beginning, in particular the shadow shaped as Al's armor (it was in the manga too if I'm not wrong) - Crying Hohenheim! The animation gives a lot of more intensity to the already intense manga panel. - I really really love how they've animated Pride!Armor ! All those freaking red eyes! - Plotting Grumman! What an old fox - The scene where Heinkel attacks Pride popping from the dark, is one of my favorite manga part, however the anime transposition disappointed me a bit. Probably 'cause in the anime Heinkel's chimera form is less feral than in the manga :\ - Yay! They used the same panel of drooling Gluttony! - I don't really like the new arabian music, but I have to say that it fits the return of Ran Fan.
It was a good episode, but it should have been more intense especially during the conversation between Pride!Armor and the rest of the gang.
Joined: 10-July 09
From: Lincoln, Uk
Member No.: 70,019
Few interesting notes for me personally this week.
1. Hohenheim explicitly states the eclipse is important here and he never said that in the original manga. In fact as far as I remember, the eclipse isn't even so much as mentioned until volume 22 at the earliest? I guess BONES felt it needed clarification or something? Seemed like an odd addition.
2. I liked how they got Pride's voice actress to do her best Trisha imitation at the start, made the scene so much creepier.
3. I like how they mixed Pride and Al's voice as well for when he was being possed. Surprised Possessed Al wasn't the eyecatch as well.
4. Ling was the one who warned Ed? Okay how did I never realise this before, that makes everything make more sense.
5. Pride's Child voice has gone back being manipulated again. Eh not fussed but i did prefer it how it was last week. Also I like how much more brutal the anime was in that scene. Pride still didn't bleed or recieve any major injury but he definately got smacked about a lot more than in the manga from what I can see. On a similar note, they changed Gluttony's voice for when he's in 'rage mode' to something really... not Gluttony. I mean it worked but why now? Seemed really weird.
6. This episode really cut out alot of the comedic moments from these two chapters - Ed's running away when Hohenheim started crying, Ed describing red as badass, Ed walking into Heinkel, Ed asking Al if being possessed by Pride was his 'teen angst'? Basically alot of stuff that made Ed fan girls squee.
7. Yay Ran Fan returns, with new music. An awesome moment, slightly lessened by the fact I knew it was coming but still awesome.
8. (I have no idea why I'm numbering these) Next week contains Pride's Crowning Moment of Badass and my number one favourite moment in the entire series; needless to say I'm eager for next week. Am happy to see my narrator going back to his 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' to us that have read the manga again.
Joined: 21-May 09
From: Yorkshire, UK
Member No.: 68,926
Just finished watching the episode and I really enjoyed it! It kept me on the edge of my seat, that's for sure! : )
I thought the beginning was brilliant; I loved the contrast between the tranquil atmosphere when it seemed that Body!Al was talking to armour!Al and then the darkness and malign atmosphere when it changed to Pride.
I loved the bit with Ed and Hohenheim and I'm so glad they kept out the "grown men don't cry! That's just weird!" part as I thought that in the manga it just ruined the emotion of the moment. : )
I'm glad we got to see more Ling and the music at the end was great!
Joined: 17-December 09
Member No.: 72,213
I liked how they made the Ed/Hoho-papa-stuff more mush mush then the manga, I can never get enough of that! Actaully, everything seemed a bit streched in the first half, and I loved it! Ed seemed more mature... to match his looks, hmm?
So, that monologue wasn't actually Grumman's thought? It was what Miles thought he thought?
WEEEEE!!! RANFAN!!! MORE DYNAMIC ENTRANCES FOR KIT-CHAN!!!
And one more OST out the 24th march, yes?
Avatar by me
Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington
Joined: 10-August 09
From: City of Rapture
Member No.: 70,538
RAN FAAAAAAAN. <333 Can't wait for the next one. Pride is awesome, I really liked how they mixed Al's and Pride's voices together. When Edward turned that peice of red fabric into a coat it always amazes me haha. I enjoyed this episode very much. (:
Joined: 7-April 09
Member No.: 67,706
Holy freak did this episode kick arse. Animation was good except for the bits in between fighting Pride when they just stayed in the same position for minutes and talked. Animating Pride must be suicidal. All of those eyes and teeth and tentacle arms.
Pride is my favorite homunculus so this whole episode was basically a fangasm for me.
I like how they cut out the Ed-is-short joke after Darius punched him. And Ed freaking out when Hohenheim starts to cry. Those jokes seemed a little gratuitous in the manga.
Al's little dance in the second half of the episode is the creepiest thing ever. Speaking of Al, when he said that one line--"Your soul is weak" or something--it freaked me out a little because it's so incredibly opposite from his usual tone.
Joined: 20-April 09
Member No.: 68,129
Actually I think it is what Grumman is thinking there... and Miles is reading him like a book. Grumman believes that his ploy will not be noticed by the naive 'kids' around him; but in truth they see right through it. But there is really no use in calling him on it, so they allow him to believe that they are blind.... and work that into their plans