HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 14: Those Who Lurk Underground - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 14!
Dearheart
post May 16 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #76

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,903

Gee whiz, this was an awesome dub. It's like I'm experiencing a whole different Brotherhood and I'm loving it! I'm feeling so much more emotion in everything this time around. It's amazing what hearing things in your own language can do...

Surprisingly, I'm finding that I prefer the English VA for Father. The Japanese one just sounds very...flat. Flat, generic and boring. And almost too old for me. He almost sounds like a Japanese Moses, lol.

I like his English voice better because it has more warmth and color in it. It sounds more "fatherly" and it has this lull to it that just pulls me in...which I love, because it makes the whole "family" thing he has going on feel even more twisted and dysfunctional to me. If that makes sense. xD The more human he sounds, the more deceiving he is, and that's awesome for a villian.

Vic was great, as always. (He may sound too old for Ed on occasion, but IMO he's always very good at making his lines sound natural and authentic.) And holy moley, Maxey is totally knocking it out of the park with Al! I like her twice as much as I did Aaron, and that's saying a lot. She's really nailing this! The whole scene with Martel was just...wow.

Did anyone else shiver at Greed's insane screams during the "bath" scene? Or choke up at the mention of Hughes? *sniffle*

Selim...D'AWWW you adorable, evil, awful little twirp, you...why must you sound SO DARN CUTE?

WE GET TO HEAR LING AND MAY AND EVERYONE NEXT WEEK YAAAYYYY!!! *happy dance*

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post May 16 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #77

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

QUOTE (Dearheart @ May 16 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Gee whiz, this was an awesome dub. It's like I'm experiencing a whole different Brotherhood and I'm loving it! I'm feeling so much more emotion in everything this time around. It's amazing what hearing things in your own language can do...

I totally agree with that! Although I have great respect for the Japanese cast, I feel the emotions more when I'm not reading subtitles. This episode was great in japanese, and I really enjoyed it in english too! I can see why it's rated MA though... O_o

Al must be a strong kid to stand that kind of violence happening in front of him... loved Maxey as Al of course. There was hesitancy about her at first, but now I agree when people says she's getting better than Aaron.

I've always liked King Bradley voice. It's seems soft but there's a hidden threat in there that comes out easily in controlled anger. Dorochete's (or is it Dolcetto now?) voice was easy and natural, so he deserves some credit too.

And Holy crap, Greed's oil scene was epic! Loved the animation and especially loved his voice! I think I watched it half a dozen times... laugh.gif I liked Father's new voice too, since to me it sounded more like Hohenheim than the japanese version.

Next episode we get to hear the Xingese gang! *SQUEEE!!!*

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 16 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #78

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

^That's why I'm in love with Wrath's English VA. Because he comes off as smooth with this hint of absolute rage. It's freaking perfect.

Noticed something interesting.
When Mrs. Bradley mentions for the Fuhrer to retire. In the Japanese version he gets an armstrong sparkle as he says "I'm not THAT old"
But in the English airing. There was not sparkle. I'll post pics if I can find them.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 19 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #79

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Hey, how come the credits listed the Japanese voices for Dr. Knocs and Dr. Marcoh, who weren't in the episode, but not for Lust and Envy?

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 25 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #80

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Watching this episode again, it bugs me how quiet the shadowy figures are in the dub the whole time at the beginning of the episode when they gossip about Roy Mustang. At first I thought this was just because I was used to subtitles making everything clear, but I checked the Japanese version, and the important sentences were easy to hear, while in English you have to turn the sound waaayyyyy up to catch anything.

I think there was only one change to the picture this time, and I don't think I was the first to notice it, but I did take screencaps!

Originally when King Bradley told his family he wasn't ready to retire, a spark ran up his face and turned into a single Armstrong sparkle, but now it doesn't appear at all.

Since this doesn't involve text in any way, I'm guessing some anime director just didn't think the effect looked quite right.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 25 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #81

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I noticed the absent sparkle my first time watching 14. I loved the sparkle. Gave Wrath a kind of.. sense of humor. Even though the lines are pretty much the same, it changed the atmosphere of it.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 13 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #82

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Let's bring up the thread early this time. tongue.gif

Anyone who missed this episode, it will be on again on Adult Swim (U.S.), tomorrow night (late Sat. night - early Sun. morning) 12:30 am - 1:00 am. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 16 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #83

Group Icon

For those who missed this episode it's on again on Adult Swim (U.S.) tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 24 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #84

Group Icon

For those who missed this episode it's on again on Adult Swim (U.S.) tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 04:08 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css