HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Majahal Question In Episode 4, "When my attempts at human transmutation failed..."
Amber_Alchemist
post Oct 10 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,263

I'm sorry I double posted. I edited my earlier post with this answer. Sorry.

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 27 2006, 09:31 AM) [snapback]452046[/snapback]

It all depends. In each Homunculi human transmutation people sacraficed something for the soul, so did Majahal sacrafice anything to get her soul back? Also, in each successful human transmutaion, the person who preformed it could use achemy without a transmutation circle.

I don't think there's ever been a sucessful human transmutation. Also as I recall neither Ed nor Izumi clapped prior to atempting the transmutation and thus gaining access to the gate and later their powers.

Majahal had to use a transmutation circles in order to preform alchemy. He never saw the gate. Besides, he was trying Soul Transmutation. He was just trying to retrieve Karin's soul. Majahal didn't have her remains either. In the Human Transmutations we were able to see in the series, each person trying to bring someone back used apart of that particular dead person as material. I think that's what Lust meant by, "So, he's nothing but a two bit alchemist after all.", because he didn't know how to use Human Transmutation.

Wait was Karin dead? *has to rewatch that episode*

All in all. I think this proves that he never preformed Human Transmutation, but Soul Transmutation and horribly at that. He never tried to transmute her body and soul at the same time. Using an alchemic solution for the body and something of hers like DNA or her remains for the soul. Thus, never actually using Human Transmutation. Then when those attempts failed, there was the kidnapping and the rest is history.

Isn't this basically what Shou tucker tried to atempt with Nina, minus the kidnapping?

I'm sorry. That was a mistake on my part. I meant after they used Human Transmutation they were able to preform alchemy without a transmutation circle. Anyway, I believe that even though no one has ever sucessfully brought someone back to life, making a Homunculus, whether by accident or not, is still considered as Human Transmutation.

No Karin wasn't dead. My point was is that Majahal could have probably still made a Homunculus, if he had used Human Transmutation properly. Even if he couldn't have made one, the gate would have still presented itself and he would be able to use alchemy without a transmutation circle. What I mean is, that Majahal just didn't know how to use Human Transmutation.

Yes, that's right. It's like what Sloth said about having to have a strong will to transmute a soul. I think that Tucker saw the gate and that's why he went mad. That is just what I got out of that moment, though. Tucker was just using soul transmutation and in the end, he either couldn't sacrafice apart of himself to bring her back out of cowardice or didn't know how to retrieve her soul.

--------------------
Tread carefully on the path before you... You don't ever know what you'll find there.

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
juggalo
post Oct 10 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 41,874

ed and al used drops of thir blood-yes
they used part of trisha's body like YOU said-no

+Quote Post
Amber_Alchemist
post Oct 10 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 41,263

QUOTE(juggalo @ Oct 10 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]457815[/snapback]

ed and al used drops of thir blood-yes
they used part of trisha's body like YOU said-no

I said they used apart of that particular dead person. There was no body included in that sentence. Apart of someone can be their hair, blood, ect. Not necessarily the the body itself. Since Edward and Al were her children, they technically used some of her blood. Like I said, they used apart of that particular dead person as material. In Trisha's case it was DNA.

--------------------
Tread carefully on the path before you... You don't ever know what you'll find there.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 15 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #19

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,045

Ed and Al used DNA, remember. Listen to what Edward said when he pricked his finger. The blood from them, which since their her sons, still counts as a part of her.

well then again,if you really get down to it, if Ed's DNA was his only direct link to their mother as a physical remnant, then that sorta doesn't work. Everyones DNA is made up with (roughly) half of it belonging to their mother, and (roughly) the other half belonging to the father. This gets into biology and mieosis . . .

so it would sorta then try to make only another Ed . . . wouldn't it? since it's his DNA. So maybe the whole physical remnant thing is innacurate, or this one little instance is a mistake, traded up for dramatic purposes.

--------------------
"Pale white and black with false citrine, imperfect white and red.
The peacock's feathers in bright colors, the rainbow in the sky above.
The spotted panther, the green lion, the crow's beak blue as lead.
These shall appear before you in perfect white, and many more others.
After the perfect white follows the grey and false citrine also.
And after these shall appear the substance invarible."

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 12:21 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css