Reply to this topicStart new topic
Suggestions For This Board/Forum
EniviD EiraM
post Apr 19 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #271

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,525

I like for this site to have something that is unique and different from other fan sites ...
something rare,interesting and excellent biggrin.gif

and can we make this site be more lively ? I mean, when you say FMA you mean action right ?

just my suggestion smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Apr 19 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #272

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

As a site dedicated to fans for discussing FMA, I find it pretty excellent. Not really sure what you mean by unique and rare (elaborate?), but either way, FMA is coming to an end. So I expect the activity will hit a significant drop in a relatively near future. So making the site more lucrative seems a little pointless, frankly.

Just my thoughts, I'm not a mod biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Apr 19 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #273

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you mean EniviD EiraM. I'm not sure what we could establish as something "unique" on a forum. A forum is an area of discussion, and we have discussions on all elements of Fullmetal Alchemist as well as many other things. People post information all the time so we are as up to date as you can get, and there are at least 20 new comments a day.

FMA does mean action, it is also a manga/anime soon to reach its end. This site will be it's busiest in the next few months.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 19 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #274

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

She means every member should be given a pony and all posts should be in explicit 90's rap form.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Apr 24 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #275

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

.__.'' let's see.. maybe this has been posted, but I think a new logo would be good, and new design too! I mean, there's FMA Brotherhood, It's going to be better If we use FMAB's logo.. so the design wouldn't look outdated happy.gif and update the informations and the main page, because the video posted there is no longer available in youtube smile.gif thank you!

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Apr 24 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #276

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I keep looking at our header images and wondering if we need to update. Ed and Al are Ed and Al, no matter which series, but perhaps if it is possible we could find some new images to use. I shall run this by Tombow and take a look for some suitable pictures, but if anyone has any suggestions they are welcome to offer them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Apr 25 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #277

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I know nothing about how one goes about changing forum layouts, so if this would completely not work forgive me, but given enough people are willing to participate it would be fun to hold a contest for members to make a new header or something, should you decide to change it. I'm not sure how plausible it would actually be in practice, but something to think about smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post May 7 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #278

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

^ great idea!! happy.gif can't wait biggrin.gif

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Aug 25 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #279

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

~ A "chit Chat Thread"? ~

I know the Penny for your thoughts thread is for people with current thoughts and what not, and I've been....spoken to by the mods about interacting with members by replying to their posts laugh.gif

So! My suggestion is that a thread be made for people who can talk about anything and still carry the conversation about someone's post. I know that one way to carry a convo is thru PM, but I just believe it would make things more convenient and simple if a thread was made like this.

I've been on other forums that have a similar thread like this, and it's a hit among the members there.

Just a thought happy.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 26 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #280

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Hi Disasterpiece, thank you for the suggestion. biggrin.gif Yeah, we get the similar requests time to time, and other related suggestions to make our board more "chat friendly." Those are kind of difficult for us to implement because we are very much oriented to be a discussion board and not as a social chat board, and as such, as you mentioned, the closest we have come up as an "any topic" chat thread is the "Penny" thread in Open Chat forum where members can post any topic that are related to what's happening in members' life recently, as well as other "topic oriented" chat threads such as "Let's talk about our Pet!" thread, "Siblings... Tell Us About Yours!" thread, "Thread For Short People To Talk About Being Short!." and "Maths, Do You Hate It?" thread, and ...basically, pretty much most of the threads in Open Chat forum (except the ones in two special sub-forums). XD

As far as creating a "shout-out box/chat box" type chat thread where members will post short "one line/one word" type chat comments, as is, they'll probably be considered as a spam postings for now, even in Spam Central forum, and hence it will probably get closed. Sorry! tongue.gif

But, we do take member suggestions seriously, and just because the things suggested by members do not show up as a result on the board right away, that does not mean these suggestions are forgotten. On contrary, we try to incorporate those suggestions whenever we get the chance to do so. And, this is one area I have been long considering, and trying to come up with some way to incorporate without turning us into a chat board. I have several ideas, but nothing is solid yet, and so, all I can say for now is I'll try to keep working on it, and thank you again for your suggestion! smile.gif

We'll probably merge this one to Suggestion thread sometime later. ^^

ETA: Dec. 16, 2020. Merged thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raichi
post Dec 8 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #281

Citizen

Member No.: 74,870

~ Advertizing? ~

Okay so I have a small request...

I've started RP'ing in a free forum of FMA during the summer break, but when school started it sort of died down and all this time I really want to continue with my characters and their story sad.gif

And there's NOWHERE on the internet to advertize it but the main site of the free forum provider which hasn't brought in any new members after a week or so of bumping the advertizement.

So yeah, I'm just a member of the forum and I just really want to continue RP and want more people to join so I have someone to RP with.

Is it okay if I ask others here? It's just a free forum and at the moment every member is too busy to RP anymore.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 8 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #282

Group Icon

Sorry, Raichi but our board is rather strict about advertising other forums/boards/RP (or game) sites, etc. in our forums, and it's a no-no to make any post or thread for the purpose of advertisement or recruitment for other sites on our board (or otherwise do any such activities through PM, etc. on our board.) Yeah, sorry. sad.gif

But, since we do offer our own RP forum on our board, I hope you can make the best use of our forum, and enjoy doing RP in our Roleplay Community forum. smile.gif
I believe you already have an FMA RP thread in our RP forum and there are some participant RPers on the thread and waiting to start the RP. Hope it will go well. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raichi
post Dec 11 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #283

Citizen

that one already started but nobody is replying anymore.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 11 2010, 05:52 AM
Post #284

Group Icon

QUOTE (Raichi @ Dec 11 2010, 08:25 AM) *
that one already started but nobody is replying anymore.

Uh.. it could be that maybe because you were gone from the board for a while? (And, some of them might have been busy with school works. ^^) Have you tried PMing these people and let them know that you're back and would like to start PRing on that RP thread? I believe most of them are currently active, and as far as I know I think they are interested in doing FMA RPs. Maybe you can try communicating with them and find out.? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raichi
post Dec 14 2010, 08:51 AM
Post #285

Citizen

I did, still nothing.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css