HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 974 975 976 977 978 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post Apr 23 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #14626

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Apr 23 2009, 08:59 PM) *
@Makika: I hope that was a compliment. LOL

Since I feel like I have not contributed any interesting post or conversations, I have 2 questions.

1. Can anyone recommend any good Royai fanfics. Ones that closely resemble their characters in the manga?

2. In chapter 94, I am not sure if this was discussed, but how bad do you think the wound on Riza's shoulder is? In my opinion it looked pretty bad. But she just acts like it doesn't bother her, because she is more concern for Roy.

Re: Riza's wound... well, I think it's bad but not that much, they both had worse than that. What really frightened me in that scene was when Envy was strangling her. ARGH.
Which reminds me, given that only Roy knows about her back tattoo... it means that he needs to tend that wound... I don't think he could resort to Dr. Knox once more.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 23 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #14627

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Man!!! this topic is running!!! O.o

And yeah, Riza's shoulder looks bad!! But I guess that she's a lot more concerned with Roy, now, and even more than that: she's a soldier! She may be delicate (which I think she is), but definitly not fragile. It's just not her to go and start complaining about injuries. Not even in a time she could, let alone in a very delicate and serious situation (unlike Roy, who likes to complain a LOT).
Even if she were at a hospital, lying in bed and everything, she would be quiet and tell everyone she was just fine.

In that sense, she reminds me a little of myself. I mean, I do say when something is hurting me, but I just HATE to bring attention to my injuries and stuff, because I always think there're a million different things that are more important than that, so I just do what I have to cure them and leave them alone. XD
Last week, I was playing bodhrán at a show and I bruised my finger during the gig. I just finished the song, got a band aid on top of it and got back to playing. There was still halfway through the show and I couldn't just stop playing because my skin was scored. That's something that can happen all the time when you play, so, in a sense is even good, because your finger will get used to the instrument and not hurt anymore. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 23 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #14628

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Riza's a very tough lady and even though the wound looks bad, she'll most likely stick it out to the very end. If the wound ends up getting worse, this might be the kick in the pants that Roy needs to snap out of his rage (<- this is my theory).

As for injuries themselves, when no one's looking - I'm fine. Once people make a fuss, I'll whine for a little bit before shutting up.

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 23 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #14629

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 23 2009, 12:20 PM) *
And yeah, Riza's shoulder looks bad!! But I guess that she's a lot more concerned with Roy, now, and even more than that: she's a soldier! She may be delicate (which I think she is), but definitly not fragile. It's just not her to go and start complaining about injuries. Not even in a time she could, let alone in a very delicate and serious situation (unlike Roy, who likes to complain a LOT).
Even if she were at a hospital, lying in bed and everything, she would be quiet and tell everyone she was just fine.

That`s true, she`s quite the trooper. And because the stress factors are so intense right now, her body should be in an extremely heightened state of arousal, so the andrenaline should take care of the pain for a bit.

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 23 2009, 12:20 PM) *
In that sense, she reminds me a little of myself. I mean, I do say when something is hurting me, but I just HATE to bring attention to my injuries and stuff, because I always think there're a million different things that are more important than that, so I just do what I have to cure them and leave them alone. XD
Last week, I was playing bodhrán at a show and I bruised my finger during the gig. I just finished the song, got a band aid on top of it and got back to playing. There was still halfway through the show and I couldn't just stop playing because my skin was scored. That's something that can happen all the time when you play, so, in a sense is even good, because your finger will get used to the instrument and not hurt anymore. XD

Haha, I`m the complete opposite. If I get injured or feel sick, I whineeeeeeee so much. I think attention makes me feel better. tongue.gif
And you play the bodhrán? That`s really awesome. I would love to know how to play, I`m pretty sure I even have a small one back at home. Hearing someone play one always gets me up and dancing. :3

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Apr 23 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #14630

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

QUOTE (Kale @ Apr 23 2009, 10:37 AM) *
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 23 2009, 10:25 AM) *
Arsenal of Royai avs? Awesome **

A little cropping here and there and a little work in GIMP (basically free version of photoshop) equated to me making about six different avatars. tongue.gif

GIMP IS WIN. biggrin.gif

I use it all the time for lineart-ing (although I need to practice more) and shading in my drawings after I scan them from the original paper to the computer.

Anyway.....WE ARE SO GETTING TO 1000 PAGES.

In two weeks we have already gotten through about....what was it, 30-40 pages? Two more weeks and we are hitting 1000, baby.

I love all the fanart! Especially the 'subtext' one. So true.

Re: Riza's Shoulder - I dunno, let's have a look-ee :

Well, I think she's a little worse then she's letting on. First of all, if you look at the way she is cut, Envy actually might have slashed her pretty deeply. I think at first she ignored the pain, but then she got spiraled around and almost strangled, which I think did the most damage.

Notice how she's squinting one eye in two panels with bloody scrape marks around it? Probably from her getting whirled around, and hinting there might have been more damage done. Maybe she might have hurt her leg or her arm as well, although I'm thinking its more a problem with her legs. When she was on the ground, she was able to prop both arms up, her legs kinda dragged behind her, and didn't stand up right away to help Mustang. Also, when she got whirled around her legs snapped out really suddenly and hard even before she was smacked to the ground, so maybe her leg got bruised or maybe even fractured.

I agree with the above, how she would not admit she is pained by it, since she is focused on Mustang and doesn't want to draw attention to herself. That is the main reason I think her injury is more serious than it is, although certainly not life-threatening.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 23 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #14631

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

I think it's time for some Royai pictures!
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...oyai/Adante.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...oyai/r-e_02.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa.../Royai/RR16.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...yai/royeye3.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...i/kiri15000.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...ai/4c116435.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...Royai/sb-58.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa...ai/hagane31.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/fa.../monochrome.jpg

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 23 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #14632

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

Hmm, looking back on the pages DistantBlue posted, it does seem that it could worse than I remembered. Plus, since her shirt is black, we can`t actually see how much blood she`s losing. And she`s using her left arm to aim at Roy (is she a righty?) and her right is just hanging, so she could have broke that arm or tore the muscle/ligament. Poor Riza ;_;

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 23 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #14633

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thanks everyone with awesome Royai pics!! I'm enjoying them very much!! happy.gif

@DistantBlue & others - Wow, good point, and excellent observations!!
Yes, Arakawa-sensei often puts in many detailed info in each chapter, many of which often go unnoticed by the great deal of FMA manga fans, and I love it when someone pays a good deal of attentions to the chapter to find out these!!
Cheers for awesome discussions!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 23 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #14634

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Yeah, thanks for taking the time to put up the panels, DistantBlue. Its reminded us how bad her injury was. Tombow's right - Arakawa puts a lot of thought into her drawings.

I'm also worried how far Riza plans on going. I mean, sure she can hold up against homonculi for the most part, but FatherDude? I mean, come on. In this condition, I'm not feeling too positive about it.

And thanks Forgiven for the cool pics! I liked the first few the best!

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Apr 23 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #14635

Alchemists

QUOTE (AndroidLust @ Apr 23 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Hmm, looking back on the pages DistantBlue posted, it does seem that it could worse than I remembered. Plus, since her shirt is black, we can`t actually see how much blood she`s losing. And she`s using her left arm to aim at Roy (is she a righty?) and her right is just hanging, so she could have broke that arm or tore the muscle/ligament. Poor Riza ;_;

Well, I think, first of all, she is a righty. Earlier in the chapter I remember she pointed her gun at Envy!Roy with the same hand, before she was attacked.

Second, I thought about her arm too, but since she is putting weight on both arms on that one page (I might have posted it, I don't recall) in which Roy says 'That is one of my dearest subordinates you are attacking', I doubt its broken. Maybe tore the muscle or ligament, but I don't think her arm received too much damage. They were kept at her sides when Envy was attempting to strangle her.

And yes, poor, poor Riza-chan. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 23 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #14636

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

She's not THAT bad, but she's injured either way, and it's not just a scratch. Maybe this will have any meaning with the story on the next chapter, which is now closer than we think!! XD Just around the corner \o/

And, RoyxRizaFan I'm still thinking about if Riza will actually go as far as fighting the Father, I mean, she'll follow Mustang, so she'll definitely be IN the room, but, remember when Ed was inside Gluttony's stomach? Not everyone did fight the homunculi back then. Riza is a smart girl, she'll realize what she can and can't do.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Apr 23 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #14637

Alchemists

@Turdaewen - No, she's not critically injured. I just think there's more then what she's letting on.

I've been thinking hard about where she's gonna go next. Maybe she might go to Father, but since Ed and Scar know his power, maybe they will tell her its too dangerous and she would most likely get killed. Unfortunately, I bet Riza will say that she will stick with Mustang no matter what, but maybe by that time Mustang with be back to his old self and somehow force her to leave so she won't get hurt or be used to sway Mustang.

But then, that is a repeat of what happened to Winry. Winry is pretty much out of the story for now, it's been like a year or more of chapters about Winry (and to a lesser extent Hawkeye) trying to get out of being the Homunculi's hostage, so I would be a little pissed if she was brought back again, as much as I like her.

Riza being a hostage was toyed with a little, with her being with Wrath and Pride and all, but she wasn't waved in Mustang's face to get him to do something. No, for the most part, Mustang was left alone for that bit., and not forced to do anything ghastly like trying to get Ed to carve a bloody crest into Briggs. So, to finally answer that, I think Riza will be coming along to Father's room. And hopefully live to tell the tale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 23 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #14638

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I've mentioned this before, but I can't remember if it was here or not...(or on this site at all for that matter...) Relating back to the hostage thing and Mustang's group being split up: I still don't really get what purpose it served but to buy FatherDude some time, b/c the moment they wanted to get back together they did with no trouble from any of the homonculi. Such a big deal was made about Mustang's group being split up, and then when they wanted to, they just got back together again. I suppose it could be argued that FatherDude was busy and forgot about them, but wasn't Pride watching Riza? Why would they let them all get back together if it was just going to hurt them (such as Breda and Fuery running that Broadcast)

...Unless, like, FatherDude wants this and it's all part of the master plan. Maybe he WANTS Riza with Roy now for reasons I'd rather not think about?? Hmm...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 23 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #14639

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Apr 23 2009, 04:17 PM) *
I agree with the above, how she would not admit she is pained by it, since she is focused on Mustang and doesn't want to draw attention to herself. That is the main reason I think her injury is more serious than it is, although certainly not life-threatening.

Actually, I think it will help Mustang if Riza tries to draw attention to herself. Then Mustang will at least shift his attention away from Envy for a while. Riza can always put on an act.

By any mean, drawing attention may be the best way to prevent Mustang to be further consumed by his own vengence. cool.gif

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 23 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #14640

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 23 2009, 08:10 PM) *
I've mentioned this before, but I can't remember if it was here or not...(or on this site at all for that matter...) Relating back to the hostage thing and Mustang's group being split up: I still don't really get what purpose it served but to buy FatherDude some time, b/c the moment they wanted to get back together they did with no trouble from any of the homonculi. Such a big deal was made about Mustang's group being split up, and then when they wanted to, they just got back together again. I suppose it could be argued that FatherDude was busy and forgot about them, but wasn't Pride watching Riza? Why would they let them all get back together if it was just going to hurt them (such as Breda and Fuery running that Broadcast)

...Unless, like, FatherDude wants this and it's all part of the master plan. Maybe he WANTS Riza with Roy now for reasons I'd rather not think about?? Hmm...

But Pride was a little busy with all that fights to pay attention in Riza, now is the right moment to him attack Roy and the others. All them are out of guard, worried with Mustang revenge or/and FatherDude. But I think he is tired, or he never feel this type of thing? I don't know.

Well, Father just slip up Mustang's group for difficult the comunications, I think he just don't waited for the union and loyality between them.

And I don't think he plans everything, Mustang and his group were a lot impredictable in this way. The FatherDude'll never can know about the help from Havoc, for example. (Even Mustang don't knew!)
But now he can use the situation and play with them, but I don't think he is getting so much credit for them, now he is busy with Hoho.

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 974 975 976 977 978 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 11:49 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css