HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Pananan
post Jan 25 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #22216

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,856

Newb to this thread but asdaksdsf this looks like my kind of place 8D

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 25 2011, 12:37 PM) *
But...I've been more into Royai recently...it's weird, because I've never actually listed them as one of my "top" relationships (it's always been EdWin and AlMei 8D), but I've grown a stronger liking to them just by watching the scenes portraying their relationship. It's very sweet. :3

I started out a lot like this XD I was a big EdWin fan at first when I watched the first anime, but then I watched Brotherhood and read the manga and was like "THIS" and converted my top pairing to Royai. In the first series she didn't really do nearly as much, haha.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 25 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #22217

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

My, so many newcomers! ^^
Welcome to one of the most infamous topics in the forum, everyone!

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 25 2011, 03:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jan 24 2011, 10:25 PM) *
She's absolutely right ^^ Riza is, probably, the best portray of "woman" in all Arakawa's work, alongside Rin Mei (from Juushin Enbu) and Henpukumaru (from Souten no Komori). They're woman who show all the great aspects to a female character: they have principles, are strong, but they're also caring, wise... Not entirely without sins, but always taking responsibility and, more than anything, always available to give support and advising, no excessive weakness or softness, but with no excessive of toughness as well.
It's no wonder Roy calls her "Queen", cause she sure acts like one. XD

Heck, all of the females in FMA are just so amazing. You don't find females like them in other anime/manga. ^^

But...I've been more into Royai recently...it's weird, because I've never actually listed them as one of my "top" relationships (it's always been EdWin and AlMei 8D), but I've grown a stronger liking to them just by watching the scenes portraying their relationship. It's very sweet. :3

Yes, the are! ^^ Arakawa is very good at creating female characters, isn't she?

When I first started watching FMA 1, I was a EdWin girl, but, since Royai was a little inexistent until like half the anime, that wasn't exactly surprising. lol In fact, I only stated to really notice and enjoy both Roy and Riza at the manga, since, during the anime they were like the "cool supporting roles", but that's about it.
In the manga, on the other hand, although I do love all other cannon (and some non cannon as well) couples, Royai just seems more natural to take the role of OTP of all times OTPs because I've never seen a couple that are neither a teenager couple or a couple that act like a teenage couple in anime and it kinda got into me. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 25 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #22218

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

EdWin was always more "meh" to me because it was so obvious. I wanted them to be together, of course, but I wondered about Royai all throughout. "Are they...? Nah..." (51 episodes later...) "Wait, what?" huh.gif Then I read the manga and died of sheer happiness. laugh.gif

Welcome Lisamustang and Pananan! So exciting to have so many newbies! smile.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Jan 26 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #22219

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Well, I didn't start as an EdWin fan. I honestly didn't care for any pairing in FMA1(or in any anime) before since I wasn't into romance. And while I know now that the manga/brotherhood has tons of RoyAi in it and portrayed the characters better than FMA1, I don't dislike how the first anime handled RoyAi, especially in episode 51 (which made me crave for more and (maybe) indirectly told me that "you want more RoyAi? Go read the manga"). laugh.gif

I'm not sure if anyone's gonna agree with me, but I honestly prefer the "It's going to rain today" scene in FMA1 than in Brotherhood. In the first anime, when Roy said that line, it was as if she understood it instantly, while in the brohood it took her a moment to realize what he meant. I'm not complaining though. So yeah, I don't know why I brought this up. XP

--------------------

+Quote Post
GhyZe
post Jan 26 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #22220

Citizen

Member No.: 76,708

Whoaa...I watched the second anime series, even though there's a few things that isn't showed up in the anime, I think it's better, 'cause I heard that the first anime series is very different from the original ones, they changed all over the plots and even their character development..

is that true?

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 26 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #22221

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Yeah, that is true...I agree with (I think it was jacksparrow589 who said this) that the façade that Roy puts across in the Manga/Brotherhood sort of becomes his personality in FMA-1. Not to mention he's very guilt ridden and suicidal; he simply isn't like that in the manga/Brotherhood --sure, there's guilt, but I think this acts more like a 'motivation' for him to get to the top, rather than something that gets him down like in anime-1.

And Riza kind of stands there looking serious most of the time. laugh.gif And it's probably where people get these common misconceptions of her, like being a tomboy or just generally being super serious and all that jazz.

(Someone will surely offer some better explanation later. laugh.gif)

Welcome to the Royai thread, Lisamustang and Pananan!

--------------------

+Quote Post
~RizaMustang~
post Jan 26 2011, 04:26 AM
Post #22222

Citizen

Member No.: 76,771

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jan 25 2011, 09:40 AM) *
More new people! Yay! Welcome SamusTheHunter, ~RizaMustang~, and Puka-chan! smile.gif

~RizaMustang~--Which anime did you watch? Both apply to that statement! biggrin.gif

And the recent Riza-as-queen statement just about killed me in the best way. Have I mentioned lately that I love this thread?

the brotherhood series

--------------------
"..there are somethings in life that can only be understood through words.

+Quote Post
SamusTheHunter
post Jan 26 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #22223

Citizen

Member No.: 76,921

YAY more new people! Yay......i apologize if anything in my last post had spoilers in it becauze i didnt mark them and i feel bad now coz somehow they got marked MY BAD! *shame face*

Whyyyyyyyyyy are they so cuuuuuuute????!!!! Why does she like not just glomp him!? Especially after the one chapter. Where some slaying of a certain H-People happens!?

+Quote Post
Pananan
post Jan 26 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #22224

Citizen

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jan 26 2011, 03:34 AM) *
^Yeah, that is true...I agree with (I think it was jacksparrow589 who said this) that the façade that Roy puts across in the Manga/Brotherhood sort of becomes his personality in FMA-1. Not to mention he's very guilt ridden and suicidal; he simply isn't like that in the manga/Brotherhood --sure, there's guilt, but I think this acts more like a 'motivation' for him to get to the top, rather than something that gets him down like in anime-1.

ooh, I'd never really thought of it this way :0 Maybe this was because they started production of the first anime and defined the characters before Roy had shown his true colors in the manga?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 26 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #22225

Citizen

Member No.: 75,885

Hi everyone
ok i have a question

What, in ur opion, does an anime couple have 2 have in order to make u "SQEEE!"? I just cant put my finger on it :/ ...if it isnt 2 much trouble please let me know ur opion! biggrin.gif (I am a writer and i want 2 make a couple that makes people "SQEEE!! OMG THEY'RE SO CUTE >w< ")

Thank U!!! >w< wub.gif

--------------------
Life isnt about waiting for the rain to pass,
its about learning to dance in the rain

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 26 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #22226

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

--Interrupting the discussion for an important announcement--

SamusTheHunter--You're not alone--a lot of people don't read the rules at first! So, now that you know, I'd very strongly suggest that you read either A Pierrot's Aria's Newcomer's Guide to the Forum or A Newcomer's Guide to Forum Decorum, as well as our spoiler policy.

Anyone else who's new--if you haven't taken a look, please do! Lots of useful stuff.

---Back to the discussion---

A Pierrot's Aria--I can believe I'd say that, but I get the feeling I wasn't the one who actually did. tongue.gif

Pananan--Yeah, nothing, especially not Royai, was very well-developed in the manga when the first anime came out. The lack of this amazing pairing is almost forgivable in light of that. biggrin.gif

GhyZe--Yes, the first anime is very different, but worth watching. There isn't as much Royai as I'd like (but I'd love a whole series about them, so I digress...), but there are a few moments that just made me melt.

SamusTheHunter--Ah, yes, but if they were to be all over each other, it would kind of wreck it, in my opinion. One of the reasons I love Royai is because they're not that sort of couple. It's amazing to watch them go through what they do, and still remain able to maintain that collectedness and not give into all those feelings we're so convinced they have for each other. smile.gif

("...we're so convinced..." = "we all totally know", by the way. biggrin.gif )

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 27 2011, 02:45 AM
Post #22227

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Reverine Methernlance Are you talking about anime couples on general or Royai? I'd say certain couples have different ways of making people..."squee". Like jacksparrow589 touched upon, if Roy and Riza were all over each other it would ruin the kind of relationship they have. So in terms of making people "squee" when it comes to Royai would most likely involve a way which shows their deep relationship or bond without going too over the top. I guess whatever you do you'll have to write it in a believable way that suits their type of relationship. (I hope that makes sense).

Also, I hate to be the ol' English/grammar/spelling Nazi, but could you avoid using "text/chat speak" and use "your/you're/you", "to/too" rather than "ur/u", "2". (I'm not trying to be nasty, but you'll see this type of thing in the guides jacksparrow589 kindly posted. happy.gif )

@jacksparrow589 I'm almost positive it was you. tongue.gif

@Turdaewen Awesome new avatar and sig set! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pananan
post Jan 27 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #22228

Citizen

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jan 27 2011, 04:45 AM) *
@Reverine Methernlance Are you talking about anime couples on general or Royai? I'd say certain couples have different ways of making people..."squee". Like jacksparrow589 touched upon, if Roy and Riza were all over each other it would ruin the kind of relationship they have. So in terms of making people "squee" when it comes to Royai would most likely involve a way which shows their deep relationship or bond without going too over the top. I guess whatever you do you'll have to write it in a believable way that suits their type of relationship. (I hope that makes sense).

Personally I think it's because they're so composed, the bond between them, and their horribly tragic past that just screams "star-crossed lovers." (*needs to tvtrope less*) I agree that it would be ruined if it had been intentionally made obvious or they were all over each other. What makes it Royai is that the shippers insist it's clearly there, and some people just don't understand that's it's a fact what we see, haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 27 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #22229

Citizen

Member No.: 75,885

A Pierrot's Aria well...hmmm anime couples in general i suppose

Thank u everyone for ur opions! I really appreciate it >w< *bow*

--------------------
Life isnt about waiting for the rain to pass,
its about learning to dance in the rain

+Quote Post
GhyZe
post Jan 27 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #22230

Citizen

Member No.: 76,708

What makes it Royai is that the shippers insist it's clearly there, and some people just don't understand that's it's a fact what we see, haha.

Yes, you're right! I don't understand when they're thinking something bad about Riza or Roy...
I think FMA characters are well done and their personalities are so amazing...

*sigh*

I bet Roy's personality in first anime series is not like in the manga version/second anime series, and it really makes me dissapointed...

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 06:59 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css