HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 827 828 829 830 831 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Anne Packrat
post Aug 20 2007, 04:48 AM
Post #12421

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,242

QUOTE(riza'slittlesister @ Aug 20 2007, 12:41 AM) *
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions! Here's mine, the final chapter of In the Crosshairs, as promised!

Chapter 1: For anyone interested in reading from the beginning if they haven't read any yet! (Yes, I'm shameless, but I'm proud of this story!)

The Last Chapter!

Linking to the live preview pages isn't going to get you anywhere, hon. You're the only one who can see those. You need to link to the actual story pages like this:

Chapter 1

Chapter 17

I think I've read most of this, and reviewed some of it too.

--------------------

Anne Packrat
Writer, Cosplayer, Oddball

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 20 2007, 05:42 AM
Post #12422

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Thank you, Anne Packrat!! biggrin.gif

@riza'slittlesister - Oh my... I can't decide on the ending!! I like the sad ending.. I think it's so Riza's character. But, I want the happy ending, too!! I like both!! ^^

@Menelvir - Aww, thanks!! ^^ It's easy when we have so many talented writers and fanartists, like right now on this thread. ^^ And, yap, we can so relate to you about the college. Many of us in the U.S. have our schools starting next week. But, I'm glad you stop by for the Festival!! It's always nice to see your posts!! ^^

@Amethyst Sunset - Funny you mention... I was watching a TV show on Food Channel with this guy traveling to all over the world in search of strange food, and last night's show he was in South East Asia. XDD BTW, Starrie also told me about flood threads, and my opinion is to keep everything contained within Royai thread this time, but, I made entry on the first post on Bulltin Board thread. (Gaha, it took me forever to write that one!! XD) Maybe you could also post on that thread and invite everyone on the board to participate?? Also, for some part, since I couldn't find info, I wrote some part of the info with my guess, so please check for factual accuracy, and if any part is not correct, please let me know so that I can edit it. ^^
BTW, I posted the similar announcement on Recipe thread. ^^

And, I got some specific questions: Do all recipe contest entries/or recipe contest winners included in 2007 Summer Festival Album? Also, when is the entry deadline for Stormie's Twilight Fanart/Fanworks/Fanfic/Doujin contests? Also, shall we submit Royai Festival Banner Contest entries throughout the week?? (I made it up to Thursday.. is that ok??) Also, please check out my info for "other" contributions for Royai Summer Album, such as fanart, poems, etc... because I'm not quite sure if I got it right.. unsure.gif

I posted the same questions to Starrie, but just in case she would not be on till later and my post with the questions get pushed down on the page, I'm posting here also.. ^^ Thank you!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 20 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #12423

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

@Tombow Thank you, it was about time I made one.

@Menelvir I've got one more week before the hectic school days start for me, and I also work anywhere between 25 and 40 hours a week. Most of my free time...and even some time that I should be working on the dreaded homework and studying is spent on writing.

@riza'slittlesister I think I started reading your story a while ago. I'm glad I've found it again. *Goes to read*

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 20 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #12424

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Menelvir- Oh, it's not that I don't understand it, it's that this was stuff my class did at the beginning of last year, so I'm trying to remember it, and it's not going well. My dad's pretty good at it, though, and my mom can sometimes help, so I think I'll get it done. Thank you, though!

While I was babysitting yesterday, the girl I was babysitting wanted to color, so I got a smaller piece of paper and drew a little... logo, I guess is the closest word to it, for the Festival. Later on, when I got home, I drew it on a larger piece of paper and added detail. Now, since my drawing skills are few, it doesn't look that good, but I was thinking of scanning it or something and... well, do you guys want to see my efforts, or would it be better if you didn't? I don't know how long that would take me (being somewhat mechanically inept), but the offer is open.

I made a one-shot for Thursday! It could use a lot of fine-tuning, but I have a few days to do that, right?

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Aug 20 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #12425

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,592

Tombow: Thanks for pointing out the problem. It was kind of late here and I made a stupid mistake, as you and Anne so kindly pointed out and fixed. I agree with you on the ending. I thought the train ending was more realistic, but I didn't want it to be sad, so I just tacked on the happy ending. It's not as realistic given the circumstances, but I wanted it to be happy, darn it.

Anne: Thanks for fixing that. Sorry I didn't notice sooner, I was half asleep at my keyboard and made a stupid mistake. *blush*

Causmic: I hope you enjoy it!

--------------------

Still a work in progress but...

+Quote Post
Menelvir
post Aug 20 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #12426

Alchemists

Member No.: 46,907

Thanks Amethyst! Yeah, we'll get through it! happy.gif

Causmic, yes, I did take some of my homework time today out to write my one-shot. Which I sort of abandoned after it exceeded 1000 words. Wonder if anyone would mind if I post something too long on one-shot Thursday... Hehe...

Tombow, thanks! The way you always have something nice to say to everyone, I won't be surprised if you're as much a lady's man as Roy!

Show it to us, jacksparrow! I'd love to see your little logo! And don't worry about having few drawing skills. Mine come up to exactly zero! tongue.gif

--------------------

~A painless lesson is one without any meaning; There is no coming to consciousness without pain~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

+Quote Post
Schubes
post Aug 20 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #12427

Citizen

Member No.: 47,338

AWWW MAN!

i completely forgot about the summer festival. I got back from my concert early saturday morning and haven't really checked in here since then =(

but now i feel really bad cuz i didn't make anything and i wanted to sad.gif

Visit My Deviant ART

^__^ ok back on track to royai!!!

Im not sure but ummm.... here's the lil bit i did do for the summer festival if anyone hasn't already seen it ;D
Royai Summer Festival 2007 AMV

+Quote Post
Desu ne?
post Aug 20 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #12428

Citizen

Member No.: 49,110

@Tombow Don't say you don't have any talent! You always have something nice to say to everyone.. I think that is a great talent! smile.gif

@riza'slittlesister I only read the last chapter, but I liked it. Having the "sad" and "happy" endings were a nice touch.

And now, it's the 20th which means.. not-done-day! =D Haha so now I will bring on ..my lousy sketches (won't finish them unless anyone specially request it) and one WIP that I'll try to finish before the festival ends.

Sketches:
On the train
The tie (yes he should know at his age but.. xD)
Rainy day
Continuation to the above?

WIP:
Peaceful Day

Here's a small pic done "oekaki style" to make up for all the WIP- and sketchy-ness (made in photoshop but I set myself certain limitations. cheated a bit at coloring though since I used pressure sensitivity but that doesn't matter ^^'):
"Oekaki-style" Roy and Riza

Come on, everybody! Bring on your stuff! ^^

Edit: Haha, two people posted while I wrote my post. xD

@Schubes Haven't seen yet. :3 *watches*

--------------------
Avatar made my me, inspired by an omake, so don't steal it please.
My deviantart with ongoing (original) comic and also some FMA pics: http://alet-maon.deviantart.com/ And, if you have the time, please do check out my website at: http://www.freewebs.com/creativity-unlimited/index.htm It's still being worked on but updates are coming.

~NI-PAAAH!~

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 20 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #12429

In the realm of Royai stuff that just isn't working: I just hit one little snag: I STILL can't use the AddReply button, and I don't know what sort of bearing that might have on putting up a picture (can someone point me in the right direction as to how to do that?), since I don't use DeviantArt or Photobucket or anything like that. And to answer the unasked question, I'm on a shared computer, so if I screw it up by joining a site and something somehow malfunctions... Not fun-ness, and that's putting it VERY mildly. Apparently, I'm already pushing it by being on here and fanfic.net.

In the realm of Royai stuff that I CAN do properly: Still working on typing up and editing the oneshot for Thursday. It's not my best stuff, since I was writing at 10:30 pm, when I'm usually sleeping, but I'm still going to give it a try.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 20 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #12430

Group Icon

@Causmicfire - You work and go to school?? And have time to write all those awesome fanfics?? Wow!! I'm in awe!! happy.gif

@Schubes - Glad you checked in today!! We still have many more Festival activities!! biggrin.gif BTW, this is the first time we have an AMV contributed to our Royai Album!! It's awesome!! ^^

@Desu ne? - OMG, those Roy and Riza drawings and the WIP are so good!! I love them!!
I really like your style!! happy.gif

@Menelvir - Aww.. thanks!! ^^ And, of course it's up to Starrie and Amethyst Sunset, but my guess is that I highly doubt that they would mind!! I wanna read your creation!!! ^^

@riza'slittlesister - I agree, it's less realistic, but the happy ending made me go awww... happy.gif

@JS - I second Menelvir!! I wanna see the logo!! And, to that end....

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Aug 20 2007, 12:54 PM) *
In the realm of Royai stuff that just isn't working: I just hit one little snag: I STILL can't use the AddReply button, and I don't know what sort of bearing that might have on putting up a picture (can someone point me in the right direction as to how to do that?), since I don't use DeviantArt or Photobucket or anything like that. And to answer the unasked question, I'm on a shared computer, so if I screw it up by joining a site and something somehow malfunctions... Not fun-ness, and that's putting it VERY mildly. Apparently, I'm already pushing it by being on here and fanfic.net.

@JS - You still can't use ADDREPLY button? Hmmm.. in that case, Can't use ADDREPLY? thread could show you how to do all those finer posting tricks with FASTREPLY. ^^
(That one, and How to post pics thread can hopefully help you through.)
BTW, even if you are on shared computer, you can still have Photobucket account(s), since all it takes is your email address to open an account. If you can't bookmark Photobucket link, you can always Google search Photobucket every time you want to log in, and the link will come up. It's one more added step, but you can still keep your Photobucket account that way.
Or, you can use ImageShack for each pic to get the URL of the pic. You don't need to register nor need to hold the album there. Again, if you can't bookmark ImageShack link, you can Google search it every time you want to use ImageShack, and the link will come up.
Either way, you have to have your pic saved to your computer first. Right click on the pic and save it to the computer, but make sure you remember the file location and the file name. Then upload it to Photobucket or ImageShack, get the URL, and after that if you can't keep the pic saved on your computer, then delete the pic, then clean out the one in Trash can also.
(If you don't want the history of you using those sites, delete the Web history also. ^^)
It might take several extra steps to post the pic this way, but it can be done.
If you can't keep the pics on your computer, I recommend opening a Photobucket album, and use it as your place to save/keep all your fav Royai pics. ^^

So... do you think this might work?? Or do you still see some loopholes/problems? unsure.gif
Let us know if you run into some problems, 'kay? ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 20 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #12431

Tombow, you totally rock my world! Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check them out... just as soon as I have lunch, work on chemistry, actually put the pictures on my computer (which I can do without help, thank God!)... (Yeah... this is my life. It'll probably settle down after I'm actually in school.)

This'll be me once I get things set: Royai time! Woohoo! *dances around room*

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 20 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #12432

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Can I ask you guys something?

Why do you need a Royai summer festival? mellow.gif Wasn't Royai Day enough? Couldn't you have turned Royai Day into a full fledged 'summer festival'? Couldn't you spread your Royai events a bit farther apart? O_o;

Not to be rude or anything, but I think you guys get a little carried away.... o_o;;;;

Nvm that a general 'Pairing festival' would be funner as everyone who has an FMA otp could enjoy themselves...

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 20 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #12433

Group Icon

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 20 2007, 06:12 PM) *
Can I ask you guys something?

Why do you need a Royai summer festival? mellow.gif Wasn't Royai Day enough? Couldn't you have turned Royai Day into a full fledged 'summer festival'? Couldn't you spread your Royai events a bit farther apart? O_o;

Not to be rude or anything, but I think you guys get a little carried away.... o_o;;;;

@Fushigi Rockna - It's not a matter of we NEED it. Unlike many other threads, our thread is very active, and we enjoy having activities on our thread throughout the year, and posters of this thread make many many activity suggestions throughout the year. We have been narrowing them down and condensing them to few/several big festival type events per year. We have Royai Day on June 11 each year. It is mainly to celebrate the "bond" between this couple. It is different from Summer Festival. Summer festival is more of "fun in the sun, beach, bikini, and picnics" kind of fun stuff, and it is very differently themed from Royai Day. We also had Royai Winter Holidays, and Royai Halloween, Royai Valentine's Day, etc. in the past.
For each of those we have different themes, and many of us make fanarts, or write fanfics, etc. It is a good way for many of talented artists we have on our thread to get motivated with their creativities, and for all of us posters of the thread to enjoy having the activities with the commonly shared theme on the thread. You don't have to participate if you do not like it. But, we are also very open and you or everyone on the board is welcome to participate also. There are members who do not normally post on our thread, but come to our thread to participate on these events, and also we have many talented writers and artists on our board who do not post normally on our thread, yet we get contributions in the forms of fanarts and fanfics from those writers and artists for the events also. I do not think they are forced to participate in any way. I'd like to think that they enjoy participating on these events, and we greatly appreciate their participations also, and enjoy sharing commonly themed activities among members who are regular posters of this thread and non-regular posters of the thread in those events. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DjRoy
post Aug 20 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #12434

Citizen

Member No.: 49,687

QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 21 2007, 06:28 AM) *
few/several big festival type events per year. We have Royai Day on June 11 each year. It is mainly to celebrate the "bond" between this couple. It is different from Summer Festival. Summer festival is more of "fun in the sun, beach, bikini, and watermelon" kind of fun stuff, and it is very differently themed from Royai Day. We also had Royai Winter Holidays, and Royai Halloween, Royai Valentine's Day, etc. in the past.

Oh jeez... T-T guess I didn't miss anything at all.

But I guess I still have winter and holloween(?).
(Uh-huh...Holloween...*weird thoughts*) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Aug 21 2007, 02:06 AM
Post #12435

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

RLS - Left a review. wink.gif Sorry for not catching some of the chapters...I blame college. I shall read (and reread) when I've got more time.

Tombow - Thanks for posting it on the bulletin board! biggrin.gif *big squishy hug* Oh, and I got your PM. wink.gif I think we can include the recipes in our album, but I'll go with whatever Starrie comes up with.

I agree with everything you just said - and I do look forward to all these events. XD Oh yes, weird food is our specialty. XDDDDD But don't worry; I'll look for "safer" summer food. wink.gif

I'm afraid it's up to Stormie when her deadline will be; it is her contest after all...

Causmic - Oh...and I love your signature! happy.gif Twilightz's, too!

Desu ne - Awesome fanart! I especially like the one where Riza helps Roy with the tie...

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 827 828 829 830 831 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 01:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css