HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where Do You Stand With Marijuana?, For, against? Why?
Marijuana, weed, pot, reefer, medecin?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
Envy's lil...
post Nov 11 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #31

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,890

Something of interest.
O'Shaughnessy's

This is a medical journal about medial marijuana which includes some studies. Interesting stuff.

And for fun.
Very important potheads
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Nov 11 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #32

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

"I believe pot should not only be legal, but mandatory." - Bill Hicks

--------------------

+Quote Post
esrz22
post Nov 11 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 42,735

I support marijuana legalization. It's less harmful than alcohol overal, or so I've read.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Nov 15 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #34

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

Two professors in Canada allowed to medicate on the job.

It's a step in the right direction.

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Jul 16 2009, 05:02 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Marijuana can be harmful, but not more than alcohol or cigarettes which are 100% legal. Ofcourse, it gets you high but ethanol and nicotine can get you high too. Actually, even caffeine can.

Also, all the drugs should be LEGALIZED (not only decriminalized). I know that many of them are extremely harmful (for example herion), but legalization would make it easier to heal the addicts (who take drugs even if they are forbidden) and would minimalize the dangers connected with drug dealers (gang would loose source of income, like after alcohol legalization after US prohibition; you'll be sure that you buy drug, not simple poision; you wouldn't have to sell your house, wife and dog to to buy a few more doses)

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post Aug 2 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

Marijuana should be legalized, remember that mostly is the whole "forbidden" that makes it more attractive, drug dealers would have to pay taxes, blah blah blah.. and you know that just because its legalized, it wont do any good..

--------------------

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Aug 18 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #37

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

QUOTE (Nzm @ Jul 16 2009, 07:02 AM) *
Marijuana can be harmful, but not more than alcohol or cigarettes which are 100% legal. Ofcourse, it gets you high but ethanol and nicotine can get you high too. Actually, even caffeine can.

Actually alcohol and cigarettes aren't 100% legal. If you're under the age of 18 in America it's illegal to buy them. I would say tobacco-about 80% legal, alcohol - about 78.5% legal in America. (just a guess on those figures)
They say that for every joint a person smokes is five times more likely to cause cancer than one ciggerette.
Also a ciggerett buzz and being drunk is absolutley nothing like being high. You know of anybody who has forgotten their whole nights activities from smoking a couple ciggerettes, maybe drinking to many beers yes but not ciggerettes or caffiene.
And drunk driving versus high on weed driving being worse, I totally agree with that. But the US already tried the whole alcohol=totally illegal thing and let me say Epic Fail. It lead to rapid organized crime in America.

Also, all the drugs should be LEGALIZED (not only decriminalized). I know that many of them are extremely harmful (for example herion), but legalization would make it easier to heal the addicts (who take drugs even if they are forbidden) and would minimalize the dangers connected with drug dealers (gang would loose source of income, like after alcohol legalization after US prohibition;

What happens when/ if marijuana is completely legal along with all those other terrible drugs which you think are better off being allowed. You think all those drug dealers have college diplomas or something better to fall back on when that happens? Most likely not or they would already be doing it. Theyll turn to something else that they do know or could learn quickly that would make them lots of money like pot did. (robbery, slave trade, sex slave trade) that stuff sound better than selling pot? How do you think the criminals that sold alcohol made a living after it was legalized? Not still selling alcohol. With all the taxes on that stuff it wasn't the same. They moved on to pot, lsd, heroin, crack, etc. to make the big bucks like they were.

you'll be sure that you buy drug, not simple poision; you wouldn't have to sell your house, wife and dog to to buy a few more doses)

I recall a couple years ago some bad spinache got out, I don't remember if anyone died but quite a few got sick, what makes you so sure you won't get poisoned from drugs just because the government is involved. Ecoli is poisonous, is it not? What about all those ads on tv telling you that you can get compensation for injury or death of a loved one for taking medications that turned out to be harmful? Isn't prescription medication regulated? Accidents can still happen though. Just because the government is involved doesn't mean it will be totally safe. Also, what makes you think pot would be the same price it is now if it was legal? The government is always needing more money.You would at least have to sell your house and wife just to buy a couple ounces after all the hefty taxes the man puts on your baggie. (just like with ciggerette/alcohol taxes) Keep the dog though, no one likes to smoke alone.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Aug 21 2009, 03:30 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Also a ciggerett buzz and being drunk is absolutley nothing like being high. You know of anybody who has forgotten their whole nights activities from smoking a couple ciggerettes, maybe drinking to many beers yes but not ciggerettes or caffiene.

After drinking too much you are very likely to forget what you were doing. About stuff like nicotine or caffeine: yes, their psychoactive effect is mild. But it still exists. And if you really want to, you can get high with very big doses of it (for example, very big doses of caffeine may cause euphoria, chaotic thinking and nervous reactions).
And drunk driving versus high on weed driving being worse, I totally agree with that. But the US already tried the whole alcohol=totally illegal thing and let me say Epic Fail. It lead to rapid organized crime in America.

And drug delegalization effects were the same. You know, in XIX century and before drugs were legal - even pope Leo XIII was drinking coca wine. And guess what, he wasn't a junkie - this form of taking cocaine was quite safe, similarly to chewing coca leaves, was much safer than snorting it or smoking crack.
What happens when/ if marijuana is completely legal along with all those other terrible drugs which you think are better off being allowed. You think all those drug dealers have college diplomas or something better to fall back on when that happens? Most likely not or they would already be doing it. Theyll turn to something else that they do know or could learn quickly that would make them lots of money like pot did. (robbery, slave trade, sex slave trade) that stuff sound better than selling pot? How do you think the criminals that sold alcohol made a living after it was legalized? Not still selling alcohol. With all the taxes on that stuff it wasn't the same. They moved on to pot, lsd, heroin, crack, etc. to make the big bucks like they were.

Crime has always existed and will always exist. But psychoactive substance prohibition means giving them an easy source of income. Alcohol was easy to make, now when it's legal they can easily make amphetamine (as chemical synthesis of it is very easy) or plant marijuana, as well as create more complicated stuff to gain more money. And when they have this money, they have more influence, better weapons etc. Drugs are their main source of income (just like alcohol was) so legalization will simply cause them to have less money (ofcourse, theft, murder, slave treade etc. will still exist, but it's not so easy to get rich with it - if you have enough patience, from a few seeds you may start a palntation which after a few years will be worth more than one million dollars).
I recall a couple years ago some bad spinache got out, I don't remember if anyone died but quite a few got sick, what makes you so sure you won't get poisoned from drugs just because the government is involved. Ecoli is poisonous, is it not? What about all those ads on tv telling you that you can get compensation for injury or death of a loved one for taking medications that turned out to be harmful? Isn't prescription medication regulated? Accidents can still happen though.

It's less probable to buy something legal and piosoned than illegal and poisoned. Because when you buy something legally, you can tell the police if it's piosoned (if you buy something illegally, police will arrest you for buying it). Press will know about the case and the company will become infamous and no-one will buy their products. Also, read more about alcohol prohibbition. When it was illegal, people were producing it, for example, in bathtubs, dissolving it in water to cheat on the buyers etc. Because they both couldn't achieve better conditions of producing it (because it was too risky to buy proffesional distillery machines when police could take it from you) and had no interest in it (because no-one asked about how it was produced and there was absolutely no alternative). And now, does any big alcohol company produce alcohol in a bathtub?
Just because the government is involved doesn't mean it will be totally safe. Also, what makes you think pot would be the same price it is now if it was legal? The government is always needing more money.You would at least have to sell your house and wife just to buy a couple ounces after all the hefty taxes the man puts on your baggie. (just like with ciggerette/alcohol taxes) Keep the dog though, no one likes to smoke alone.

You don't seem to understand my ideology. I am libertarian, I support minimalization or removal of goverment in spite of free market system. If there are no taxes on pot, price is lower. Also, alcohol even with taxes became cheaper when it became legal.

+Quote Post
Snows of Yester-...
post Oct 26 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 71,664

Hm. Personally I have no interest in smoking it, but I still think it should be legalized. Take a look at Prohibition in the US; all it did was encourage and perpetuate organized crime as well as the illegal distribution of alcohol. It did next to nothing to limit the consumption of alcohol, it just sent it underground. I think we see something similar playing out with the war on drugs, and, well...prohibition didn't work. It was repealed because it didn't work. I don't see bans on drugs being any more successful :/ I understand that some drugs are much more dangerous than alcohol, but I don't believe marijuana is in that class.

--------------------

Set by me <3

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Dec 6 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

btw, weed is not physically addictive in the same way that nicotine is but is psychologically addictive.
Reason for edit: Removed link: content was not PG-13

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Night Watcher Al...
post Jun 30 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 74,009

I've met people with relatives that died doing drugs, including marijuana, and one of my friends has a sister who's on it.

I fear for what may happen, and people think that it's okay to watch people die of it, and think that it won't happen to them? They're a bunch of morons, and would only get lucky.

As for criminal charges, I have one thing to say: they made drugs illegal for a reason. So, if you buy, use, or sell marijuana, good luck avoiding the cops; you're gonna need it!

--------------------
The ways of death can be as mysterious as the night-best watch your back for the shadows may hold a secret...

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jul 2 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #42

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

As for criminal charges, I have one thing to say: they made drugs illegal for a reason. So, if you buy, use, or sell marijuana, good luck avoiding the cops; you're gonna need it!

Inter-racial relationships used to be illegal. Alcohol used to be illegal. Weed isn't even all that illegal in it's current state in the US. You can get it for medicinal purposes. In some countries it's just there; legal to buy like any other tobacco.

If you saw people dying from drugs it is highly unlikely that it was the weed that did it. Marijuana is one of the safest narcotics out there, even the nasty, more potent versions like skunk.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Jul 31 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I've been around friends who were high.

Not fun. They lit up and drove to meet me somewhere and were just not themselves. Thank god that I was sober or they would have done stupid .... in the parking lot.....like park sideways in a space.

Even if we do regulate it and even if it can get on the market, do you have any idea how hard it will be to regulate it? People will simply grow their own weed and the weed business will crumble, not to mention drug cartels pushing businesses (this is all assuming weed will be sold legally)

As for health issues, ANY SMOKE YOU INHALE WILL HARM YOU.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Aug 1 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #44

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Even if we do regulate it and even if it can get on the market, do you have any idea how hard it will be to regulate it? People will simply grow their own weed and the weed business will crumble, not to mention drug cartels pushing businesses (this is all assuming weed will be sold legally)

You mean like how so many people grow their own tobacco and brew their own alcohol? Lord knows the cigarette and beer companies have well and truly crumbled.
As for Drug Cartels stomping on any attempts at regulation; Drug cartels have little to no interest in pot. It's not all that profitable considering how easy it is for local dealers to grow. You'll note that Amsterdam has been doing pretty well and even in the USA there are legal shops that sell loads of pot in a wide range of forms. You can get pot-beer, pot-lolipops and pot-chocolate. They're all doing pretty good business as well.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 08:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css