HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Irena
post Nov 22 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #19201

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,592

While it's fun to think about, personally I can't really see Roy and Riza getting married and spawning a bunch of flaming mini-snipers to defend to future of Amestris.

(Normal women who are pregnant are scary enough; Riza would probably go on a killing spree and make herself Fuhrer or something.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Nov 22 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #19202

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

^ Personally I can't imagine a pregnant Riza but that idea would be very funny! laugh.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Nov 23 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #19203

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

haha, THAT topic again.
Some people can't see that and this and some people can.
Like me. I can see them married with kids. Yes, I can xD
Seeing Riza influated by mother instincts must be really epic...

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Nov 23 2009, 01:48 AM
Post #19204

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I can see them having kids as well. I can see them being parents, not the 'My daughter is so awesome, wanna see a picture?' kind of parents, I might add, but parents anyway. Under a little different circumstances, let's face it, when you expect to be axecuted in a few years you don't plan a family. But there's nothing wrong with them and as much as Ishbal affected them (and is still affecting) I think they would manage somehow, if the need occured.

Nice videos, Dearheart I like how the first combines both Brotherhood and anime1 quite naturally (and I like Roy-on-a-liana drawing in the second one).

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 23 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #19205

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I don't think the Ishval question is actually a question... I think the whole thing is a little more... subtle than that.

Is a matter more of being "in character" or "out of character" and practically all the Fanfics I've read regarding anything towards 'Mustang family' is completely OOC.

This is how I look at it:

Unlike Hughes, whose 'goal' in life was actually 'settling down and raising a family', Roy always dreamt of becoming Fürher and sorta 'dedicate his life to protect the country'. And that sort of goal he has requires a level of self sacrifice that definitely does not allow him to be a 'carefree' sort of person (which is usually the way they portrait Roy in a 'married' situation): his life belongs to the State and so does his future family (which I think, in his case, is not only possible, but required for the Fürher position).

And that's the main thing: Men of the State don't belong to themselves. Their wives are not only their wives: they are First Ladies, which takes on to them certain duties. She's the State's wife. The same happens to their kids.
You see that perfectly with Mrs. Bradley: her posture, manner of speaking, manner to raise her 'son'... everything is not 'carefree'.
And that's not a bad thing, it's only a sort of dynamics they have to have as a family because they're 'in charge' of the country.

So, it's sorta naive to think Roy would marry lightly. He would not. Could not. And, we can see he gets that better than most people. He chose a certain path in his life that requires him to sacrifice a LOT, including a simple, down to earth life. He cannot, as a leader, be so selfish. He cannot hope to desire things for himself.

That doesn't mean they cannot get married or that I don't seem them being a family: quite the contrary! I actually do think that, if they live all the trouble and Roy becomes Fürher, they will get married, but it's a sort of marriage that has NOTHING to do with what we're accustomed to see in movies and even in fanfics: they'll marry for love for eachother, but, above all, to continue dedicating their lives to other people. Just the same as all other Heads of State.

They're not the sort of people who'll find happiness in the 'small things' (like Hughes): their nature is such that they're only happy when they're working for something bigger than themselves and their family. To do so would be unsatisfying. Which is a sort of life I actually praise, cause I think there're things in life that matter a lot more than having a carreer, money and a family to look after. Some people may find themselves in those things, but I can see, I don't. And I see Roy and Riza don't either and that's why they have been going down this road for so long.
I wanna have all those things, but they're not my ultimate goal in life and I know I'll have to sacrifice some things (even if it's my sunday evenings with my family) to work on my true dreams.

As Arakawa says all the time: equivalent exchange.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Nov 23 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #19206

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

Oh wow...I feel a little strange, submitting this after that heavy post by Turdaewen (and a really cool post, I might add; very deep and thoughtful)...but a Royai fan I know on twilightsucks.com recently made this little goody and I HAD to show you guys. biggrin.gif

If you've seen that infamous picture of Roy and Riza from the latest FMA Wii game, you'll get it. xD

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 23 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #19207

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Dearheart @ Nov 23 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Oh wow...I feel a little strange, submitting this after that heavy post by Turdaewen (and a really cool post, I might add; very deep and thoughtful)...but a Royai fan I know on twilightsucks.com recently made this little goody and I HAD to show you guys. biggrin.gif

If you've seen that infamous picture of Roy and Riza from the latest FMA Wii game, you'll get it. xD

lmao

That part is a endless source of fun!! lol

You can put practically anything there and it'll sound funny. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Nov 23 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #19208

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

When I see how accurately and pointedly Turdaewen expresses herself I feel totally worthless case in that matter. That's what I was trying to say (well, that, and you expanded the thought a lot further to consequences I hadn't even imagined). Yes, they are both the kind who want to make a better world and live accordingly and they would live to the name of Fuhrer and First Lady.
It's hard to imagine Riza giving up her position of Roy's bodyguard but to become a professional wife... but guess a wife can accompany her husbband to certain meeting and such.

Dearhart, nice picture! This is third or forth modification of these panels I've seen and they are great every time! I guess that's because you can let your fantasy free and make up any ridiculous stuff and it's still funny as almost anything not work related seems unnatural and out of place for them.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Nov 23 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #19209

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Dearheart @ Nov 23 2009, 12:56 PM) *

biggrin.gif

AWESOME.

Great post Turdaewen! I agree with you completely. You just have this great way of summing up everything and stating it in the best way possible. I'm always very impressed.

+Quote Post
Irena
post Nov 23 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #19210

Apprentice

Well when you put it that way Turdaewen I can definitely see what you mean. xD Now somebody needs to tell that to the tweenage fangirls who write ridiculously OOC fanfics.

Ahaha, I love seeing what people come with to put in those panels! 8D

+Quote Post
alchemistpower
post Nov 23 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #19211

Citizen

Member No.: 47,494

Roy+Riza+Son= Ryou

biggrin.gif >.< What a great name!

P.S did you guys/girls know that Riza's real name is actually Elizabeth Anne Davis?! O_o freaky.......

P.p.s I love those videos dearheart! >.<

--------------------
"Just because i want to be loved doesn't mean i want to love"

+Quote Post
Irena
post Nov 23 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #19212

Apprentice

@alchemistpower: Where on earth did you hear that? huh.gif Unless it came straight from the cow's mouth (or something official), I'd say it sounds suspiciously like a piece of gossip from overeager fans.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Nov 23 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #19213

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (alchemistpower @ Nov 23 2009, 08:27 PM) *
P.S did you guys/girls know that Riza's real name is actually Elizabeth Anne Davis?! O_o freaky.......

What? huh.gif Wait, what?

Where did you find that? That just seems too weird for me to believe unless it's been officially said somewhere.... Which would just seem strange and unnecessary. Why would Riza need another name?

I always imagined that if Roy and Riza ever had a son they would name him after Maes. That's just always been the way I've thought of it.... But then again, I think it's unlikely that Arakawa would ever tell us if they got married or had children, so the idea of a Royai marriage and Royai spawn will probably remain in the realms of fanfiction.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 23 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #19214

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

As to this thing about Riza's real name: Thirded. Wouldn't her family name be "Hawkeye", anyway? Ed and Al have stated that they specifically took their mother's name, but other than that, the tradition of women taking their husbands' last name seems to be quite in tact. (EDIT: And, of course, reading this later, I made it sound like Riza married her dad. blink.gif Um, no. I just meant that you would think that if her mother took "Hawkeye" as her surname when she and Papa Hawkeye married, Riza would most likely have the same last name.)

Of course Roy dresses up and sings opera to Riza when they're alone! Yeesh... Why people didn't suspect that in the first place is beyond me... tongue.gif

Ah, Turdaewen, you make your point as eloquently as ever, and I am right there with you. Not that I really saw us getting to see a steamy/ooey-gooey-lovey-dovey scene with those two after I really got into the pairing. Let's leave that to the fanfic writers. (Wait... I write fanfic... Crap... Other fanfic writers... I indulge only occasionally anymore.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Nov 24 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #19215

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Nov 24 2009, 05:15 AM) *
I always imagined that if Roy and Riza ever had a son they would name him after Maes. That's just always been the way I've thought of it.... But then again, I think it's unlikely that Arakawa would ever tell us if they got married or had children, so the idea of a Royai marriage and Royai spawn will probably remain in the realms of fanfiction.

Aww, that would be adorable. I'd love it if they did that.

At the moment I'm still recovering from a fic I finished reading last night... y'know when they affect you so much you can't get them out of your head for a while after? This is one of those. Actually, I can't believe I hadn't read it before now, I thought I'd scoured the whole fanfic site already. XD Anyway, I don't want to say much in case people haven't read it, but let's just say it evoked a lot of emotion.

I imagine some of you have already read it though, it's called "Apotheosis" by Misckat on ff. net. I recommend it highly!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 04:25 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css