HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 33 34 35  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
Rainshine
post Jan 17 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #511

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,866

awww... but we love Alphonse!

That's why we're making fun of him.... tongue.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Jan 17 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #512

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

thats so true. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
sassymom25
post Feb 23 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #513

Citizen

Member No.: 66,281

Ok, I have 2 questions.

How old is Ed at the end of the anime? I couldn't remember how old he was when Elicia was born, did he turn 12 or 13? I was wondering since during the battle between Ed and Roy, Maes said that Elicia was turning 3 so I wasn't sure if Ed turned 15 or 16 then.

Also, by looking at pictures of Ed and Al when Hohenheim was still around, doesn't it look like Ed is a few years older than Al? To me it seemed like Ed was at least 2 or 3 when Al was an infant still.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LandoCalrissian
post Feb 24 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #514

Citizen

Member No.: 66,597

QUOTE (xXdark_angel_nekoXx @ Dec 1 2008, 03:08 PM) *
well actually later in the anime like in esp 21 (if i remeber corretly) that is when ed asks al the imporant question that has been on his mind lately.

He could have saved so much time and just spit it out...the drama...

--------------------
"Hello, what have we here?"

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 25 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #515

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

but all the drama was the best part in the series. minus the fights and other flashbacks. lol

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 25 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #516

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Since the question is answered I'm closing this thread. I'll keep this thread here for a while, then merge it to FMA Episode Content Q&A thread.

If anyone has some other questions on any FMA episode content, please utilize FMA Episode Content Q&A thread and post your question there. smile.gif

ETA: Merged the thread to FMA Episode Content Q&A thread

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaosugoji
post Mar 28 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #517

Citizen

Member No.: 67,446

How was Ed able to transmute a crude Automail hand in episode 47 without being able to form a proper circle?

+Quote Post
elricbrat
post Jun 4 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #518

Citizen

Member No.: 69,253

I tried to use the search function to find some posts that may relate to my question but got no results.

Anyway, my question is : what is Edward's fighting style is most similar to? For example, I've seen a short clip in which the firebenders (of Avatar The last Airbender) have a style which is Northern Shaolin while that of the waterbenders is similar to Tai Chi (I can't recall what styles the airbenders and earthbenders have.)

--------------------
AKA The Fullmettle Alchemist

+Quote Post
Heidern
post Jul 14 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #519

Citizen

Member No.: 69,944

QUOTE (Kaosugoji @ Mar 28 2009, 11:05 PM) *
How was Ed able to transmute a crude Automail hand in episode 47 without being able to form a proper circle?

He doesn't have to clap his palms together to start a transmutation - in an earlier episode his automail arm gets broken and hangs limp, and he starts a transmutation by just touching his left fingertips to the right arm.

In 47 you can see him touching the rifle with the stump of his automail arm, and then the camera pans away just as the transmutation starts. He probably touched his right wrist to form a circle and then transmuted the gun into an automail hand. Also he may have just drawn a circle on the ground - when the camera returns to him his both palms are pressed against the ground, as if performing a traditional transmutation.

+Quote Post
InvaderEdwardElr...
post Oct 23 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #520

Citizen

Member No.: 71,616

QUOTE (sassymom25 @ Feb 23 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Ok, I have 2 questions.

How old is Ed at the end of the anime? I couldn't remember how old he was when Elicia was born, did he turn 12 or 13? I was wondering since during the battle between Ed and Roy, Maes said that Elicia was turning 3 so I wasn't sure if Ed turned 15 or 16 then.

Also, by looking at pictures of Ed and Al when Hohenheim was still around, doesn't it look like Ed is a few years older than Al? To me it seemed like Ed was at least 2 or 3 when Al was an infant still.

When Elicia was born it was Edward's 12 birthday
Even though Elicia was turning 3, Edward was turning 16
Alphonse will ALWAYS be 1 year younger than Edward
Edward at 105 = Alphonse at 104

QUOTE (Fullmoon Alchemist @ Jun 24 2008, 07:58 PM) *
Hi there. Hey, I have one doubt. Can someone explain me how the whole "Gate" thing works?

1 year later....
The gate is the passage between our world and Edward's world a.k.a. the parallel universe. (sorry for spelling, 8th grade)
To get inside the gate, or gain knowledge from the gate, you have to pay a fee "something of equal value must be lost."
To obtain their mother, Edward and Alphonse gave up a body and a leg. Even though they didnt get what they wanted, they still got their mother, or at least a revolting version or their mother. The gate is pretty much a toll booth for gaining.

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jan 7 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #521

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (InvaderEdwardElric @ Oct 23 2009, 05:58 PM) *
QUOTE (sassymom25 @ Feb 23 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Ok, I have 2 questions.

When Elicia was born it was Edward's 12 birthday
Don't know why I'm responding to a 3-month-old answer to a nearly year-old question, but...
In the Anime1, Elysia was four, not three (as in the manga).

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 4 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #522

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I just realised I don't remember how Roy lost his eye in FMA1! ohmy.gif And I can't seem to recall it no matter how hard I try! Blasphemy!
Was it in his battle with Bradley? Or did Archer graze him with a bullet?

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jul 4 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #523

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jul 4 2010, 10:14 AM) *
I just realised I don't remember how Roy lost his eye in FMA1! ohmy.gif And I can't seem to recall it no matter how hard I try! Blasphemy!
Was it in his battle with Bradley? Or did Archer graze him with a bullet?
Archinator did the deed.

+Quote Post
Damaijin
post Jan 16 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #524

Citizen

Member No.: 88,173

QUOTE (blueices @ Dec 19 2004, 06:13 PM) *
Episode 24 Title: Affixing Memories

My main question when it was over was: Why the hell did Ed just let scar go off on that boat???? Didn't he swear vengeance for what happened to Nina???

Why'd he let him go? There are a few possibilities:
1. Equivalent Exchange: Scar helped Ed and Al escape from Lab. 5 in the previous episode.
2. Equivalent Exchange: Ed wanted to ask about the Philosopher's Stone so he let Scar go as a trade-off.
3. He let him go because when he came across Scar, Scar was saving people. It would be wrong/dishonorable to take advantage of a situation like that--especially considering Scar was in the right (and the only person who "died" was Barry).
4. Al might have asked Ed to let him go.
I'm not sure if any of these the correct answer(s), but they are things to consider.

As for the blood-lusty vengeance:
1. Yes, in "Episode 16: That Which Is Lost", Lt.-Colonel Hughes did tell Ed in "Episode 16: That Which Is Lost" that Nina's death fit Scar's M.O.--but Ed didn't confirm it until he asked Scar directly in "Episode 40: The Scar".
2. At this point in the story, Ed didn't have the resolve needed to kill a person. It wasn't until after he killed Greed that he realized killing Scar was the only way to stop him.
3. Maybe it was because they were both still recovering from their injuries, or because Ed wasn't sure he could take Scar in a fight-to-the-death.
4. Even if 1-3 weren't the case, Winry was there (as were Rick, Leo and the old guy), so there's no way he could have killed him in front of her/them.
Again, I'm not sure if any of these the correct answer(s), but they are things to consider.

QUOTE (blueices @ Dec 19 2004, 06:13 PM) *
The other weird thing about the episode was the question Ed was afraid to ask: after all the drama of the previous episode, its unfortunate that it ended up being rather anti-climatic.

I think that was the point, actually. Al thought it was ridiculous that Ed would be worried about something like that. Here he was, expecting Ed to come out with some dark, monumental secret, but all that comes tumbling out of his mouth is pointless drivel that came out of nowhere.

Think of it like this:
Ed: "Do you blame me?"
Al: "What? That's it? That's what you're afraid to ask me? 'Do I blame you?' That's stupid! Of course I don't blame you, you big dork! Why would you even think that?"

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 33 34 35
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css