HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 888 889 890 891 892 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Saving_Grace
post Aug 11 2008, 04:28 AM
Post #13336

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,782

I actually disagree with you guys on the anime/manga Riza differences, I think she's definitely proven in the manga that her emotional shell can and does break, (okay yes, I will agree that the balloon thing was a little over-dramatic) and I don't think there is that much of a difference between the two. Another thing with Riza is that she is ridiculously underused in both forms of FMA (yes, manga too), and because of that I seriously don't think we've learnt enough about her or seen enough of her to make half the assumptions that we do (oh, I do it too). I would yank this chain some more, but I just can't be bothered.

I'm with you on the anime Royness. I'm going to give up all my hopes and ambitions and go hide in the snow? Please.
dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 11 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #13337

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

A-HA! Thank you, Saving Grace! A point I didn't really think of until you mentioned it! I do think Riza is underused in the anime, so when they do use her, it's basically because she has guns, so they tend to ignore her other, more important characteristics, such as how she deals with things. To me, it just tends to be a little over the top, though. I'm not saying it isn't possible when you've got adrenaline rushing through your veins, but it seems that her mood swings just a little too extremely in the anime.

In the manga, she does do essentially the same thing, but mostly to a lesser degree. (Note the "MOSTLY". I know full-well that there are a few extreme reactions in there.) We do get to know her more in the manga, though, and so when we try to apply what we know of Riza in the manga to Anime!Riza, it doesn't work. The two should not be mixed. There is more attention given to her character development in the manga, but not as much as I'd like to see. Then again, unless I'm wrong, we know pretty much nothing of Roy's background before his training with Hawkeye-sensei. It's the same sort of thing, I'd say. I get a preconception of a character, and when something goes against that, I tend to freak out a little bit.

That said, the above is my opinion, and I don't really care if you don't see things the same way because this discussion/debate is fun. I enjoy reading everyone else's views. They make me think.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 11 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #13338

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Yeah, we don't know about Riza's entire life, even because, though she's a central piece in the manga, she's not the main character... But we do know quite a few. At least we know enough to understand her character and her way of thinking, her approach on life...
But I agree with you, Saving Grace. It would be sweet to get to know more about her.

Changing the topic completely, does someone knows where I can find some older Doujinshis? I've searched a few EVERYWHERE, but can't seem to find them sad.gif

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan4ever
post Aug 12 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #13339

Citizen

Member No.: 30,946

I just read the most recent chapter and must say I'm surprised by one of the revelations. So Grumman, Riza's grandfather, wants to take over the government once all is said and done, sacrificing Roy and Armstrong in the process. Darn, I liked the old guy until now...

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 12 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #13340

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

RoyxRizaFan4ever- That's exactly what I thought about it at first, as well. But that's actually just Miles imagining it if you look closely. I had to be set straight on that, too, so don't worry. Although, it'd be kinda interesting if he did that so that he could save Roy's sorry butt when all's said and done. I'd actually kind of like that-- it could possibly ensure a future for Royai. I mean, Maria Ross was already sent to Xing. If Ling survives this whole thing and comes out as himself and not Greed, I wonder if he'd be willing to consider giving Roy some help after Roy helped him. This makes me want to go write a post-everything Royai fanfic on that now. Stupid plot bunnies-- they pop up at the worst times.

EDIT: After actually seeing the picture, I'm having a little bit of doubt about Miles just imagining things. It could be that Miles is on the same train of thought as Grumman, and he's thinking that it's not likely. Now, I can't really see Grumman pulling a full-on betrayal like that, but I can see him doing that to save everyone else. That, and I mostly tend to think the best of people until proven otherwise.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Aug 13 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #13341

Alchemists

I think it'd be great if Grunnman turned traitor! He's seems so nice. Plot twist! Ooh! The drama!
I'm still not 100% sure he is Riza's grandfather, where did that rumour come from again? I know there was a thing earlier when he asked Roy to marry his granddaughter, but that's not where this stems from...

I just question it because I remember Riza saying to Roy after her dad's death that she has no other family- something along those lines, anyhoo.

Woo... Ran-Fan...

(She bores me for some reason.)

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Aug 13 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #13342

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

Spoilers for the latest chapter.

Whoa, hidden agenda much, Grumman? XD Could this have something to do with Riza - I mean, that rumor that he's Riza's grandfather is still going around, and I sorta use it in my fanfics too...

All right, Ran Fan's back! I've been waiting for this!

And, epic battles FTW!

Pity there was no Royai in this chapter. *le sigh*

*crosses fingers for the next chapter*

Wonder what'll happen when Riza and/or Roy find out that Grumman's also got a scheme of his own?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 13 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #13343

State Alchemist (Major)

That's right, Saving Grace! She tells Roy that neither her parents had any contact with their relatives for years, and she had no other close relative.
People just assumed he was her grandfather because of that scene when Grumman asks Roy to marry his granddaughter. But that happens WAY before the Ishbal tale. By then, we learn she has no relatives, so there's absolutely NO way he's her grandfather.

And about Grumman... it WOULD be nice for him to be a traitor, but I still think it's too soon to jump into any conclusions. After all, Grumman was the one who taught Colonel Mustang to 'hide' his plans better than anyone else. He's not the kind of guy to let the game out that easily. He might as well have a previous plan with Roy to do something else entirely. Or even BE a traitor, after all... we'll have to wait to see.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Imagining_Dark_R...
post Aug 13 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #13344

Citizen

Member No.: 59,856

actually, the rumor started from somehting Arakwa said. I don't remember what it was, though.... hold on, i'm going to dig around the web. well, wikipedia says he's her grandfather, but it's wikipedia...
this is curious but I HAD NO IDEA ARAKAWA HAS ANOTHER SERIALIZED MANGA! THATS ALSO AN ANIME! WTF! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS! ....is this even true? Jushin Enbu?
ok. i give up. but i refuse to believe that grumman is evil. and i still think he's Riza's grandfather. i know this sounds odd, but Roy refered to Riza as "his queen", and Grumman's message was hidden in the king.... i just think there is some link between them. anhyways, i'll ask around in otakudom and see if i can find any concrete evidence. someone in a drag can't be that evil! he..... hmph. i refuse. BUT.... i wonder, if he was, what miles would have to do with it? who would he choose to support? He's obviosly with Olivia, and she's with whoever is the strongest, but i get a feeling he'd side with Ed, for some reason. i think he likes the kid.
new chapter. i wanted more Riza! hmph. ...thats about all ive got to say on the RoyAi. the Ling/Ran Fan confrontation was much less than i'd hoped. i started singing "kiss the girl" under my breath. it didnt work.
and she doesnt say she has no close relatives, actually, she says her families are estranged. so it is entirely possible for her to have a grandfather that she simply doesnt talk to. its possible she wouldnt even know Grumman was her grandfather.
he's not evil. *pouts*

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 13 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #13345

State Alchemist (Major)

OMG... so... I checked about Arakawa saying anything about that! ^^ She says he's her grandfather (mother side) in the Perfect Guide Book 2, page 73... O.O Trully shocked, now. I'd already given up on that one. :s

And about Grumman being a traitor... we can't really say anything yet, can we? But I do think there's more to it than simply 'getting power'. After all, we know nothing of Mustang's plans to destroy the homunculi, yet... maybe that Grumman thing is ALSO part of that plan... who knows?

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Aug 13 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #13346

Alchemists

QUOTE(Turdaewen @ Aug 14 2008, 02:00 PM) *
OMG... so... I checked about Arakawa saying anything about that! ^^ She says he's her grandfather (mother side) in the Perfect Guide Book 2, page 73...

Oh, okay. I guess he is then. Perhaps he sought her out after Riza's father died or vice-versa. There's my theory...

I was actually a little disapointed with this chapter. No one cares about the chimeras! Jeez!

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 13 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #13347

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE(Saving_Grace @ Aug 13 2008, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Turdaewen @ Aug 14 2008, 02:00 PM) *
OMG... so... I checked about Arakawa saying anything about that! ^^ She says he's her grandfather (mother side) in the Perfect Guide Book 2, page 73...

Oh, okay. I guess he is then. Perhaps he sought her out after Riza's father died or vice-versa. There's my theory...

I was actually a little disapointed with this chapter. No one cares about the chimeras! Jeez!

I'm guessing it was definitely Grumman seeking her out, sort of.

I imagine he knew his daughter got married to a man with the name Hawkeye (remember Hawkeye-sensei hated the military, so it would make sense for his wife to be estranged from her father), and when a woman with the name Hawkeye started working in Eastern he put two and two together.

Now for a shameless fanfic plug from a couple months ago! This is what I call the Guardian Arc, which some of you have read, but not the newer members...I don't think. Anyways, it kind of has some of my view points/speculations on the GrummanxRiza, GrummanXRoy, and RoyxRiza relationships. Youcan find it here@lj.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 14 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #13348

State Alchemist (Major)

I was a little disappointed, too. But it was a nice chapter, it's just that I'm a little concerned and curious about what will happen with Riza, Fuery and Breda. sad.gif

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Aug 14 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #13349

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I have no idea what to think about Grumman. I've heard so many different theories from Miles was imagining it, to its part of Roy's plan (he always was willing to sacrifice to save the country, though Olivia never would which kind of kills this theory) or Grumman's a scheming loser. Somehow, i don't think I'll ever be able to hate him though because he amuses me so much tongue.gif

The lack of Royai this past year is really getting to me...how much longer will arakawa torture us fans???

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 14 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #13350

State Alchemist (Major)

It IS getting quite annoying, isn't it? Hopes there's loads in the next chapters to compensate. lol

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 888 889 890 891 892 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 07:54 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css