HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Who Do You Think Is The Next Humunculus To Die?, Your predictions on what's going to happen to the rest?
nakagos bunny
post Oct 25 2005, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,941

Gone
Lust
Envy
Sloth

=============

Still kicking:
Wrath
Pride (Gluttony)
Greed

A lot of speculation about chapter 53 is going around on this board. There seem to be many at this board who think Envy and Greed are going to die soon, possibly within this chapter. Some think Gluttony and Envy will die at the same time.

I think there's a good chance Gluttony will die, but I don't think Envy will. I see Envy sticking around until the very end of the saga, possibly even being "redeemed" and never dying. I think Envy is too popular of a character for Arakawa to get rid of him/her/whatever.

So far, only the unpopular sins have died, that being Greed and Lust. Greed was cool, and cute in his own way, but in that masculine way, not the pretty boy way that anime fangirls and female manga artists favor. And Lust is a woman, not as popular with anime fangirls (and yes I do think the majority of FMA fans are probably girls).

And the other ones like Sloth, Pride and Wrath probably still have at least a little more story time/exploration.

So I say Gluttony is next to go.

Envy, he isn't going anywhere....except into further chapters of FMA manga. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tathchan
post Oct 25 2005, 05:35 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 15,284

I'm probably totally alone in this, but I really DON'T like Envy. He/she/it is good for some humor, but otherwise I would be quite happy to see "it" go. (I was totally and utterly amazed to see that some people think Envy is bish! Sorry, but *gag*. dry.gif I loove bishounen, but not when they're THAT androgynous! blink.gif )

My personal opinion of the character aside, I do think that Envy will be dying soon. Gluttony too, probably, but he has gotten a bit more likable in the last chapter or two, whereas Envy has gotten... well, uglier. tongue.gif Although, now that I think about it, Envy is one of the more major homonculi, which could be evidence that he/she/it will be around for a while longer. Added to that (hmm, this just occurred to me), there are few if any other homonculi that we've seen so far that are even vaguely likable (okay, well, Gluttony is kind of pitiful now, but like I said he'll probably die soon). Envy at least has a sense of humor.

Okay, I revise what I said. I hope that Envy will die soon, but now I doubt that he/she/it will. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Oct 25 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE(tathchan @ Oct 25 2005, 05:35 PM) [snapback]304329[/snapback]

I'm probably totally alone in this, but I really DON'T like Envy. He/she/it is good for some humor, but otherwise I would be quite happy to see "it" go. (I was totally and utterly amazed to see that some people think Envy is bish! Sorry, but *gag*. dry.gif I loove bishounen, but not when they're THAT androgynous! blink.gif )

My personal opinion of the character aside, I do think that Envy will be dying soon. Gluttony too, probably, but he has gotten a bit more likable in the last chapter or two, whereas Envy has gotten... well, uglier. tongue.gif Although, now that I think about it, Envy is one of the more major homonculi, which could be evidence that he/she/it will be around for a while longer. Added to that (hmm, this just occurred to me), there are few if any other homonculi that we've seen so far that are even vaguely likable (okay, well, Gluttony is kind of pitiful now, but like I said he'll probably die soon). Envy at least has a sense of humor.

Okay, I revise what I said. I hope that Envy will die soon, but now I doubt that he/she/it will. tongue.gif

I completely agree with you. I would be happy to see Envy go too. Unfortunately, it `s probably gonna stick around for more than I want him to.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Ed-Elric
post Oct 25 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Apprentice

Member No.: 22,638

wrath (anime pride) should die i hate him

--------------------
" I am no genius, I just saw the truth "

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post Oct 25 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

Envy wouldn't die yet. He/She/It plays an important role in the manga overall, and could come of help in the future. He/She/It would also help get Lin and Ed out of Gluttony's stomach. Also, we still havn't known that much of He/She/It yet (Envy deserves a bit more screen time). And like what Nakagos Bunny said, Envy could go on living til the end of the manga.

Gluttony could be the next 'victim'. The process of getting Ed, Lin, and Envy out would require getting through Gluttony, which would require being puked out or Gluttony exploding(how the hell would they get out if not that way?!! XD) and Gluttony could die, though I highly doubt that it would be by that process.

Wrath wouldn't die just yet. Afterall, he IS also an important character. Even though he is a pain in the @$$, he is still important. He has yet to carry out his plan for Roy to open the Gate. Him dying would be a great opportunity for Roy to seize the position, but its still too early for that, don't you think?

So, I think Gluttony would be the next to die.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Koneko_*
post Oct 25 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #6

Guests

Gluttony. Definately.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 25 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #7

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I agree. I'm tired of Envy and I don't mind to see he/she/it go, but Gluttony will probably go next.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Oct 26 2005, 01:26 AM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,308

I think that it'll be this order:

The next to die will be Gluttony, followed by Envy, then Sloth, then Wrath, then Pride. While you haven't even seen Sloth yet, I think Wrath too essential to the Military plot to go yet even tho I really want to see him suffer....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neko_Nayru
post Oct 26 2005, 02:58 AM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 15,505

I think Gluttony is definetly gonna go, Envy...I don't know...we still don't know what Envy was created for, or maybe it was just to disgiuse himself as random people and get information and kill people, but I think Envy was created for another reason then that.
but gluttony is definetly gonna go...I can't think of any reasons why he will live...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Oct 26 2005, 07:42 AM
Post #10

Apprentice

Also, the Sins need to die in the way apparently the Bible says (I've read the Bible but don't remember this part....). So Gluttony you all say has to die by eating filth, snakes, etc. Well I guess Envy's true form could be the snake.

Now you said Envy has to die by freezing, well, there isn't any way he can freeze now that I can see. More evidence I think he's sticking around.

Personally, I used to like Envy as a character because I thought he added fun to the series, I usually like a villain. I don't like him too much anymore for my own personal reasons (and no it's not about Hughes.XD). But anyway, I still don't think she should keep him around for too much longer because he's been around so long. I don't like to see a character just over-used. Sometimes a character runs it's course and you need to let them go out with a blaze of glory.

I certainly hope he doesn't end up redeemed. It wouldn't be fair after all he's done. I'd be pretty pissed if he got away with all he's done while Greed was killed like he was when he seemed to have more of a heart than Envy.

I do think Envy is pretty bish in his favorite form. Not the best bishie I've ever seen, but good enough.

+Quote Post
Tyoria
post Oct 26 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 23,540

I was gonna say Gluttony, but having been beaten to the punch by every other poster on this thread, it feels a little redundant. Nonetheless I can't shake the feeling that he's gonna get offed by Father (or possibly one of the other homunculi) for being a liability -- he swallowed one of the sacrifices, plus he led a bunch of humans into the lair, so I imagine Father would be a bit displeased. Or maybe Pride or something, but either way, I think he's in trouble.

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 26 2005, 10:42 AM) [snapback]304611[/snapback]

Also, the Sins need to die in the way apparently the Bible says (I've read the Bible but don't remember this part....). So Gluttony you all say has to die by eating filth, snakes, etc. Well I guess Envy's true form could be the snake.

The deaths of the sins aren't in the Bible (yes, the FMA wikipedia page has it wrong). They're in Dante's Divine Comedy, which lays out the levels of hell and whatnot.

I like Envy, creepy-ass androgyny and ugly-as-sin (pun unintentional) "true form" aside. In the anime (which I saw first) I wound up hating him by the time the ending rolled around so I sort of liked manga Envy for being so completely... different, except for the evil part apparently. Though at least in the manga he's not actively working to screw his fellow homunculi over. Personally, I'd find it great if he were redeemed, but I don't think it looks particularly likely at this time. I wish Greed had lived too, he was badass. I'm hoping there's some maybe-possible chance of "Father" making a "new" Greed? Or seeing him in a flashback or something...

--------------------
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard; be evil.

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Oct 26 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

QUOTE(Tyoria @ Oct 26 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]304715[/snapback]

I like Envy, creepy-ass androgyny and ugly-as-sin (pun unintentional) "true form" aside. In the anime (which I saw first) I wound up hating him by the time the ending rolled around so I sort of liked manga Envy for being so completely... different, except for the evil part apparently. Though at least in the manga he's not actively working to screw his fellow homunculi over. Personally, I'd find it great if he were redeemed, but I don't think it looks particularly likely at this time. I wish Greed had lived too, he was badass. I'm hoping there's some maybe-possible chance of "Father" making a "new" Greed? Or seeing him in a flashback or something...

I don't know why everyone thinks Envy is so androgynous. Other than the voice in the anime being girly, I don't see it.

He has no chest, no eyelashes which women or very girly anime men have, doesn't dress really girl-ish. I mean, the skort thing....or skirt with a loincloth over it or whatever.....that might be, but most girls wouldn't wear those handsock things, and it's just a plain black outfit. I think he's pretty boy-ish looking, like a teenaged boy with long hair and delicate bishounen features. Not much girly at all.

Especially with the attitude (no offense, guys.XD).

If he was redeemed, I think it would be too hokey, and sappy, but that's just me. Wouldn't really fit with the character.

I doubt we'll see Greed again. Like many writers, I think Arakawa has certain characters she just wants to get in and get out as soon as possible. I think Greed was one of these, why I don't know given he was cool. But, it happens.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Oct 27 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 27 2005, 02:09 AM) [snapback]304756[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tyoria @ Oct 26 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]304715[/snapback]

I wish Greed had lived too, he was badass. I'm hoping there's some maybe-possible chance of "Father" making a "new" Greed? Or seeing him in a flashback or something...

I doubt we'll see Greed again. Like many writers, I think Arakawa has certain characters she just wants to get in and get out as soon as possible. I think Greed was one of these, why I don't know given he was cool. But, it happens.

Now, what about Book in Figure Black? a Gaiden about the hommunculi, and, following the logic we've seen in the other 2, about their past...

Boy am I so much looking forward to read this one... *waits eagerly*

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 27 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

I second what Sensenic said! This is the only gaiden of FMA I'm waiting for! As an obsessed fan of the homunculus, I must have it! I wonder where I'll buy it though... ._.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Tyoria
post Oct 27 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 23,540

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 26 2005, 08:09 PM) [snapback]304756[/snapback]

I don't know why everyone thinks Envy is so androgynous.

It's less his skort and more his "dunno" reply to the gender question.

If he was redeemed, I think it would be too hokey, and sappy, but that's just me. Wouldn't really fit with the character.

You may be right, I must say I had a little more hope though before he confessed to killing that child to start the Ishbal war.

--------------------
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard; be evil.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 06:53 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css