HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
New FMA Movie: "嘆きの丘の聖なる星" discussion Thread; movie info on the first post! (Spoiler warning!), This thread is now closed. Please use new thread. ^^
Kasumisty
post Jul 4 2010, 05:17 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,111

I have a question for those, who were there when the first FMA movie was announced or those who typically are into following anime movies news:

So what's next? Do we usually get a teaser, a magazine scans first? Or just the announcements?

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RaphieL
post Jul 4 2010, 05:34 AM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 69,755

I don't know whether it belongs here or not but the people at AX are getting a FMA premiere.
There will also be a very special Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood USA Premiere on Sunday, July 4 at 11:00 AM in the LACC Concourse Hall (Film). What you’ll see, I cannot say, but you’ll be glad you came.

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/06/anime-expo-2010-primer/
I don't know whether it means ep 64 or a trailer or something, but it looks interesting to see huh. huh.gif

--------------------

Hagane no reinkinjutsushi Fullmetal alchemist 2001-2010

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jul 4 2010, 05:39 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 59,111

My guess it will be the final episode. It's a bit too early for a trailer or even teaser.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jul 4 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #49

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

I really hope the movie isn't a condensed version of the show. That would be totally pointless, not to mention impossible to cram 64 episodes worth of material in without cutting out so many things that made FMA such a great series to begin with. I'd rather see them come up with an original story, or expand on some area of the series that wasn't really gone into much detail with. I think a movie about the Ishval War would be awesome.

I'd also rather they didn't do a "The Next Generation" type thing. It's the original characters that I'm attached to and have an emotional investment in. As harsh as it sounds, I don't care about their offspring.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jul 4 2010, 02:39 PM) *
My guess it will be the final episode. It's a bit too early for a trailer or even teaser.

It's the final ep, Kale should be there to watch too later so, 99.9% it's ep. 64 subbed.

@BirdieNumNum: It's the Ishval war in detail that I'd love to see in movie version above anything else.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Nacchan
post Jul 4 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 73,809

Ahah I died at the varius titles for the next movie XD Especially for the Alphonse one.

I'm so damn curious about this. 'Cause it's not like in the first anime, here there's not so much open ending...

--------------------

ありがとう、鋼の錬金術師。
G R A Z I E.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jul 4 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 4 2010, 07:48 AM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jul 4 2010, 02:39 PM) *

It's the final ep, Kale should be there to watch too later so, 99.9% it's ep. 64 subbed.

I think another poster, allykatty1, also said it was the final episode.

Wow, this is like the first time the official subs beat the fansubs! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Jul 4 2010, 06:09 AM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

Ok, I have to say - penguintruth, I've been reading through this thread and you are CRACKING ME UP. I'm losing it over here with the title theories and the references to Shyamalan. laugh.gif

As for the movie, I wouldn't mind seeing the gaps from the finale filled in. What the heck is out West, anyway - and do Ed and Al find a way to help the chimeras? (I'm assuming Darius and Heinkel stay the way they are because they're making money off of it, but Jerso and Zampano indicated they had families waiting at home for them.)

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jul 4 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #54

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

In the pictures, Alex was showing off to Denny and Maria in a place that looked suspiciously like Xing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelofsarcasm89
post Jul 4 2010, 07:23 AM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,605

Please god, just let it be better than Conqueror of Shamballa.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 4 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #56

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jul 4 2010, 08:17 AM) *
I have a question for those, who were there when the first FMA movie was announced or those who typically are into following anime movies news:

So what's next? Do we usually get a teaser, a magazine scans first? Or just the announcements?

For FMA-1: CoS movie, I think, first came lots of articles in various stages of developments (announcing directors, etc....) on various sites and in magazines, then eventually we got sneak preview (teasers) in Aug. 2004, then premier of the trailer in Dec. 2004.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 4 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 3,267

You know guys it's very possible this movie will just be a recap film with new animation. That's what 9 times out of 10 anime movies of popular franchises end up being.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 4 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #58

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^That's what we've spent the last page or so fretting about. xD But I think it's unlikely in the sense that FMA:B is pretty much the whole, new series, new animation thing. So there's absolutely no use in starting from the beginning as soon as they've ended it. That's like writing an essay, finishing it then writing the exact same thing all over again. Not to mention the sheer size of the story wouldn't be able to fit into a movie- they struggled with 64 episodes.

In the end all we can do is wait and see. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jul 4 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

i hope we get a full length movie with new stuff here (or ishbal)...we have reasons to be hopeful , bcoz bones has no history of creating MOVIE RECAPS.....(reflections was an oVA)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 4 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Flamez_Freak @ Jul 4 2010, 10:00 AM) *
i hope we get a full length movie with new stuff here (or ishbal)...we have reasons to be hopeful , bcoz bones has no history of creating MOVIE RECAPS.....(reflections was an oVA)

Well they also don't have a history of making good movies from previous anime franchises either. So I am more worried than hopeful. In fact I think I would rather see a recap than a new bad story written by Bones. The only way I would be excited about this movie if it is something written by Arakawa.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 11:42 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css