HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 17: Cold Flame - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 17 episodes!!
Tombow
post Jul 27 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #31

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

@RoytheFlameAlchemist I moved your post that is solely talking about the next episode to Future Epidsode discussion thread where you don't need to put the content in spoiler tags, along with kkg22104's post that is answering your question.

Reminder: If you're making a post that's solely talking abut the possible content of upcoming episode, then the better place to post and discuss that is on Future Epidsode discussion thread. smile.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Jul 28 2009, 04:31 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,107

The episode was nice. Not really awesome and not really bad. Nice one. The music was great as always, drawing and animation too. But it lacked certain emotion from manga and previous episoded. Also, I find FMA episodes too short :< But EdXWin ftw

edit: also, there were no annoying super deformed characters. great.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jul 28 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I liked that episode. Some things were different, but it was still done so that it made the episode flow. It really feels that they are moving it along though. I enjoyed the part where Barry and Ling meet. Also the part where Ed finds out that Roy burned Ross. I do enjoy the music, but like penguin truth I do think that there needs to be more variety.

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Jul 28 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

Yeah, I also think the episode was nice and all, but it lacked some of the emotion that manga had. It just didn't feel as dramatic this time D:

Still, great episode. I'm really looking forward to the next ep again! I've been waiting for the desert part, for some reason. It somehow 'truly' turns the story into manga-only plot (therefore- things we see are going to be something never seen on the first anime from now on. ) I'm kinda excited about that biggrin.gif

..though yes, I have to agree with Hagaren_4ever: It's still a bit funny to see the story going this fast, even now. revealing Maria's situation right at the next episode just doesn't give that surprised feeling people had in the manga. The whole death thing just feels like an unnecessary side-addition in anime now. She dies - poof- then she's alive again. What the. o.o

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 28 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

^Although her death was kinda the spark of the whole Mustang group becoming awesome and devious. I mean from here on out they're, well... pretty awesome. And I feel if Maria hadn't died this awesomeness wouldn't have occurred. But still. One episode? Really?
Sorry for the whole comment being in a spoiler block, guys. Bear with me for a few more episodes here. >_<

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 28 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

My complains mainly lies with last ep .it should have move ahead of ep 17.so i think this is quite goodthough it does not have the manga ones-which made me speechless,and would like to hit mustang plus getting annoyed at his phone calls(lol).i guess it's bcos they move the scenes and the newspaper scene is slightly changed.
the part where roy suddenly appear in front of ross is awesome,and overall the part of the story is very good.I think the tempo is intact,and it's quite exciting for me .
for music,,it's mostly repeated.however i dont feel really annoyed as in ep 15 ranfan fight scene.there are a few pieces where i think might be new/variation,such as where winry talk(i think it consist of a harp and xylophone/celeste/glass harp).the only slight complain i have is a fine piece of music where ed meets armstrong and armstrong beats him-the music there played too early
my main problem is with the early part of the ep-of its art quality.it's somewhat rough,and ross was not well drawn(if u notice her neck),along with some scenes of roy's face,but in a few scenes he's well drawn.i like its background art though,esp in the alleyway.another problem is they made mustang less evil here,so i think that barry line should be excluded,even if it's included in manga
@hey
i dont think his laugh sounds like urahara,but the his convo got urahara vibes
he and riza seiyuu corraborated b4 in bleach-a few yrs b4-& she sounds a bit like where ichigo meets rukia first time in class.some forumers says it's like rukia hitting kon(dont sounds like it to me)

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jul 28 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

Yeah, the part where Ed finds Mustang and the smoking corpse on the ground was well done. Also, the music that starts playing in the background is that weird music that so far has always been associated with the homunculi and the gate, but this time it is being played as we see Mustang turning and going "yo, fullmetal" as the smoldering flesh is laying between Roy and Ed. Very effective. Anyone who doesn't know the manga story has to have been thinking "What the hell is going on?" from then all the way to the end of the episode.

One thing I thought was interesting was that Douglas essentially accused, or at least, suggested, that Mustang organized Maria's escape from prison so that he could kill her himself. This seems like a plausible case to the viewer, because naturally Falman and Barry are directly under his command, and Falman had spoken to the colonel on the phone before all of this happened. But then later on when Falman was speaking to Barry, he mentioned that if the Colonel found out that Barry got out he would be in trouble, which indicates that Mustang did not know what was going on with how Maria escaped. I wonder if they'll clear that up in the next episode

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Jul 29 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #38

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

Poor Maria. The sad look in her eyes in the beginning of the episode was heartbreaking. She looked so weary.

Henry Douglas is now on my list of hated characters. Stupid nazi.

And poor Denny Brosh was so desperate to help Maria but couldn't.

Barry and Ling make a very good and funny team.

Why did they give Henry Douglas the eye catcher. Why not give Maria another eye catcher. After all, she was the main character of this episode.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 5 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 17 (on CN on Adult Swim) talk-back/discussions here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 5 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #40

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Just watched the dub, and the episode was really well done.

Voice-wise, it sounds like everyone's hitting their comfort zones, so now everyone sounds natural. The only voice I wasn't really happy with was Knox, as he didn't sound as weary as I thought he should of, but the voice did have a quietness that matched the Japanese seiyuu.

I loved the Roy-Elizabeth phone call, only because it seemed more natural in the dub. For Elizabeth, it sounded like Colleen used her natural voice so it was very easy to make the distinction between Elizabeth and Riza. I wish Elizabeth sounded more 'air-heady', but the voice was still fitting.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 5 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

They cut out the sexism >_> as horrible of a thing as it is, it made me hate Henry Douglas even more (which..I like?) . So I was hoping they would keep in his "The shot was at point blank, so even a woman could have done it" line. sad.gif

Other than that complaint, I loved the ep biggrin.gif I'd forgotten about all the funny Ling and Barry parts in this ep. So it was good to see it again. My favorite part of the episode though was Roy and Riza on the phone XD Always makes me giggle.
I thought all the VA's are really getting into groove. I though Vic could have sounded more LOLANGRY at Mustang though. :/

Anyone else take note that the opening song still says that it is "again by YUI" ?
You'd think FUNi would have noticed this.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jun 6 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #42

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

^
I'm disappointed they cut out the sexism, too. However, it's still implied, I think. Douglas's English VA sure makes me hate him.

I was always confused if that was Riza or one of the women from that bar on the phone, but I guess now I know it's Riza. Sometimes Japanese voices don't sound distinct enough for me.

Travis Willingham continues to "do his thing". I thought Dr.Knox was well-cast, though I wasn't expecting anything from him. I'm starting to like Barry's VA, maybe since he's somewhat of a good guy in Brotherhood.

This episode was darker than I remember it being. Travis's first line in the alleyway (don't remember what it was) sounded like he'd just avenged Hughes' death.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Jun 6 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Jun 6 2010, 06:20 AM) *
I was always confused if that was Riza or one of the women from that bar on the phone, but I guess now I know it's Riza.

Lol yeah, after a second I thought "HELLO AGAIN, COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD."

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 6 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Oh man... Roy's phone call was hilarious. I think I'm just loving the variations on Roy and Riza's voices too much in this series! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 9 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

For those who missed this episode, it will be on again late tonight on Adult Swim (U. S.). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 01:13 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css