HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post Jul 23 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #22636

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

That's actually something very interesting... I've never pictured myself that either Roy or Riza know about it, simply because they act as if they didn't: never once in the series any of them had shown any signs of knowing it, quite the contrary, they always talk about Grumman as if there's nothing going on there (especially Riza. When she talks to Rebecca about the Eastern Headquarters, they talk as if they only picture Grumman as an "old pervert general").
And I see no reason why Roy would know about it: I recon he would have no business poking around Grumman's life and I see no reason for Grumman to tell him either: it's personal.
I guess, unless General Grumman had a previous relation to the Mustang Family (which isn't really that farfatched, considering Mme Xmas sent Roy to study with Master Hawkeye and Berthold could hardly be considered a "famous alchemist", as brilliant as he may have been), I don't think Roy would know it.

And about the famous "Marry my granddaughter" scene, I see it a lot more as a "easter egg" or a joke Arakawa has putted up (as she has made many about Roy and Riza's relationship) than a true "royai proof", in the strict sense of the word. Roy would have easily answered what he did out of courtesy towards Grumman, without knowing they were talking about Riza (and that, for me, would make the scene even funnier).
It is a "royai proof", in a sense, cause it's clear that Arakawa wanted us to wonder if Roy and Riza did had something going on, not only through that scene, but practically during the whole series, and no one can say that 'game' of hers wasn't intentional, which, for me, is enough to consider Royai to be a 'cannon' in spite of anything else we might say.

But, anyways, that's how I see this whole thing about Riza being Grumman's granddaughter and, since the only character we know for SURE knows about it is Grumman, (since he has mentioned it) I won't assume anything else. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thequeentohiskin...
post Jul 24 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #22637

Citizen

Member No.: 82,817

Anyone have links to Royai fanfics? I'm trying my hardest to find good ones but I can't any good ones. :P

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jul 24 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #22638

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

@thequeentohisking I've got some really good ones for you!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6047323/1/Hot_Chocolate

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6337923/1/Queen

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4970297/1/The_..._Resilient_Hope

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3771618/1/Trust

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4279209/1/Open

And then LadyNorbert's fanfction trilogy is amazing! (Warning, it contains end of the series spoilers!) Here's the first story: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6813723/1/Flowers_of_Antimony

Enjoy!!

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
LadyNorbert
post Jul 24 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #22639

Citizen

Member No.: 80,327

Thank you most kindly for the recommendation, @Dark-Winds! I'd also like to suggest, @thequeentohisking, that you check out the weekly entries at the LiveJournal FMA fic contest - quite a few of us ship RoyAi, some of us to rabid extremes, and there's usually at least one very good RoyAi fic submitted there each week. You can find it here:
http://fma-fic-contest.livejournal.com/

--------------------
The Elemental Chess Trilogy - an unofficial FMA sequel
Flowers of Antimony ~ Brilliancy ~ The Game of Three Generals
Prequel: Triumvirate

The trilogy at TV Tropes

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Jul 24 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #22640

Citizen

Member No.: 82,285

I would just like to throw out there that this is one pairing that has not only grown on me, but has developed into one of my favorite pairings of all time. As much as (Warning! End of Series Spoilers ahead!) I hated how the ending gave no closure to their relationship, it kinda became a blessing in disguise (for me that is) because it leaves a lot to the imagination as far as their relationship and what happened after. In my honest opinion, I highly doubt that they would ever settle down and get married, but a low key (Yes, low key. I come from the ghetto of southern California so we use low key lol) deep and personal relationship to where they could be close in private, but still look professional around Central. Hell, I have my own conspiracy that Roy and Riza were secretly together throughout the whole series but were really good at hiding it from public but most of that is just me being a total nerd about it.

Anyway, love this pairing. Period end of story. Oh btw, if anyone has any amazing RoyAi art they wanna share with please do because I need to put some on my ipod and gush about it to all my friends.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 25 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #22641

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Turdaewen--The main reason I think Roy knows is via his and Grumman's respective connections to Madam Christmas, but you're right, when you look at it that way, it still doesn't really make much sense that Roy knows. And yet, I think he does... huh.gif *shrugs*

TDWTAM--The "they've been together all along" theory is neither new nor unpopular. There are days (a LOT of them) where I wonder the same thing. I think it's nice not knowing a lot about about Roy and Riza in general because of the imagination thing. Us fanfic writers feed off the creative license.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jul 25 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #22642

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

For the ending having (Warning! Series Final Spoilers ahead!) no closure for Roy and Riza, I actually disagree with that. I think each character had their own closure. I think every character had their final and last moment on the Promised Day. I don't think everyone's closure was meant to be in the last chapter. Each character had their own final "let's be awesome" closure moment on the Promised Day, so I think everyone got their own closure, from Greedling to the Armstrong siblings, and that includes Roy and Riza. They had their big moments on the Promised Day. I think everything that was needed to be said about their closure on their relationship was said; you just need to search deeper for it. In all honesty, I do think Roy and Riza have always been "together". I think it's obvious they're in love throughout the whole manga, but they're obviously not stupid enough to risk their jobs to have sex every night or something stupid like that. Their relationship is deeper than that. I feel like everything you need to know is hidden within the small context of the manga, and you just need to find it. I feel like I learn so much about Roy and Riza by just looking at little scenes and hidden words and other things like that. So I think they got a closure and were always together.

<Everyone: We have many visitors and members of this board who have not finished reading FMA manga or finished watching FMA:Brotherhood anime. Please be kind to those guests and members, and don't forget to use SPOILER covers, AND add Series Final Spoiler Warning if you include the series final spoiler content on your post. (Or, you can discuss those on our "Spoiler Zone" Royai thread where everyone can discuss Series Final content without using Series Final Spoiler Warning. ^^) smile.gif ~ Board Staff>

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jul 25 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #22643

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

I agree with xUltimate_Shieldx's opinion. I think that Roy and Riza's relationship was made very obvious throughout the series if you just look for it smile.gif I'm a strong believer that they will never get married, but they've been in a secret relationship the whole time anyways.

And @TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail, actually, my good friend xUltimate_Shieldx, draws some really great Royai fanart! Here's her dA account: http://egyptian-sands.deviantart.com/

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Jul 26 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #22644

Citizen

jacksparrow589, i figured that there would be someone who believed the same thing, but if it's neither new nor unpopular, then damn. And I'm sure it allows for fanfic writers to come up with all sorts of situations for great fanfiction for these two. xUltimate_Shieldx, I see what you mean about each character having individual closure. and you're right that they all had their last bad arse moments. But in my opinion, I don't think there was much closure in regards to Roy and Riza's relationship but that could be because, as you stated, their relationship is shown subtly and not up front. But I do agree that they do have a deeper relationship based on certain actions/dialogue between the two. (I hope any of that made sense. if not, I'm sorry). Dark-Winds, I totally agree with Roy and Riza never getting married. I just don't see them settling down like that at all. It's just not in their nature to settle down. But a secret passionate relationship would be more up their ally, as you stated. And thanks for sending me that da page. I'm already fanboying over all the art. Great job already xUltimate_Shieldx.

+Quote Post
LadyNorbert
post Jul 26 2011, 02:39 AM
Post #22645

Citizen

Member No.: 80,327

QUOTE (TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail @ Jul 25 2011, 02:16 AM) *
Oh btw, if anyone has any amazing RoyAi art they wanna share with please do because I need to put some on my ipod and gush about it to all my friends.

I have several pieces favorited on my deviantArt (my name is ladynorbert there too), most of which are RoyAi, so definitely check out my profile! Of course the ones I love most are the ones based on my fanfic. laugh.gif Here's one of them; I really like how Roy looks here.

http://sweet-suzume.deviantart.com/art/Qui...ments-209113849

--------------------
The Elemental Chess Trilogy - an unofficial FMA sequel
Flowers of Antimony ~ Brilliancy ~ The Game of Three Generals
Prequel: Triumvirate

The trilogy at TV Tropes

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 26 2011, 06:17 AM
Post #22646

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail @ Jul 25 2011, 02:16 AM) *
Anyway, love this pairing. Period end of story. Oh btw, if anyone has any amazing RoyAi art they wanna share with please do because I need to put some on my ipod and gush about it to all my friends.

jacksparrow589 has been kindly making the album of Royai fanarts that were posted on this thread. You can see some of them in jacksparrow589's Royai Album. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jul 26 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #22647

Apprentice

TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail: Yes, what you said makes sense smile.gif And thank you for the compliment happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Jul 27 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #22648

Citizen

Thank you all for the amazing links to all the art. I've been in fanboy overload the past day or so. Thanks again because I really needed some RoyAi art to please my eyes (Since I can't really draw or create art to save my life) And you're very welcome xUltimate_Shieldx. I loved all the Royai art you had on there, especially this one. http://egyptian-sands.deviantart.com/art/Ache-210308670

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jul 27 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #22649

Apprentice

Once again, thank you so much, TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail happy.gif And the rest of the art was lovely, too! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Aug 6 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #22650

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Does anyone have an idea for a new question of the week? smile.gif

And I was wondering if you guys wanted to try do something like monthly themes in order to keep the thread going. Something like, "draw Roy and Riza as/in/doing/etc" or "write a story depicting such-and-such," kind of like a monthly event where we can look in the couple in a new, serious or funny way and see everyone else's work as well. Just an idea, if it seems like too much work or not fun feel free to ignore me XD

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 11:43 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css