HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Astrology: Considering FMA Characters' Astrology Signs, Matching FMA charcaters with Astrogy Signs
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 28 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,565

okay, it seems that, while in the anime, Edo has had a birthday (even tho he hasn't yet in the manga...), no specific date was given... in fact, while birthdays, bloodtypes, and chinese zodiac signs are usually important fatcoids to asian cultures, and are almost always put out in official chara bios, the HagaRen characters seem to have been overlooked in such personal areas... so i decided to have a go at it myself, and see what you guys think. this was actually started in another thread, but i decided to stop spamming off-topic in there and make this its own thread, because i find astology fascinating. a little creepy sometimes, but very interesting nonetheless.

and so, taking what i recall from the astrology classes i took in high school, coupled with this awesome book i'm going to steal from my roommate that analyzes your specific birthdate, let's see if we can't agree on what day to celebrate character birthdays until Arakawa-sensei tells us officially what they are...

and when and if she does...let's see how i did! XD

the topic that started this was about Roy, so i'll put up my interp of his birthday first:

we all kind of agreed that Roy fit characteristics of both scorpio and sagittarius, so since they overlap, i thought he was probably born on the cusp of the two... characteristics of the signs are:

Scorpio Traits:..................................Sagittarius Traits:

Determined and forceful..................Optimistic and freedom-loving
Emotional and intuitive.................. Jovial and good-humored
Powerful and passionate.................Honest and straightforward
Exciting and magnetic.....................Intellectual and philosophical

....................................Downfalls of:

Jealous and resentful.....................Blindly optimistic and careless
Compulsive and obsessive..............Irresponsible and superficial
Secretive and obstinate.................Tactless and restless

EDIT: I found these as well... These also fit the characters quite well...
(Roy gets two sets of these because he's a cusp and emulates two signs * is scorpio, # is sag)

* Hidden Causes
* Being involved
* Work That is Meaningful
* Being Persuasive

# Traveling
# getting to the heart of the matter
# Freedom
# Laws and meanings
# the general 'feel' of things

DISLIKES
* Being Given Only Surface data
* Taken Advantage of
* Demeaning Jobs
* Shallow Relationships

# Off the wall theories
# being tied down domestically
# Being constrained
# cooling your heels
# bothered with details

he definitely is more scorpio than sagittarius, but there's some sag in there, too...

here's an irony for you... a sag/scorpio is a water sign... how can roy be a water sign?? O_o anyway...

i think roy's b-day is november 19th.

my rommate's birthday book says...

"Filled with revolutionary spirit, those born on november 19th generally build from a starting point of change. Reformers, they must carefully craft something new to take the place of the old, and furthermore administer to it. Thus they are an interesting blend of radical and conservative, anarchy and establishment.

November 19th people are often taken up with the consolidation or administration of power, whether it be in their family, social group or career. They are extremely serious about how that power should be delegated and toward what ends.

Those born on the 19th of the month are ruled by the number 1 and by the sun. ...there will be a strong manifestation of dynamic, creative, or potentially destructive energy in their lives, as well a a tendency to be ambitious, and...aggressibvely (even ruthlessly) oriented toward success. ...tend to dislike restraint and enjoy being first in most matters."

it also scolds them for being overly confident and says they should learn the vlaue of silence and still their rebelliousness.

sounds like Roy to me...what do you guys think?

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 28 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

We'll make a list of the characters you put up, so it'll be easier to follow!

We assume Roy is 29 in 1914, right? So he's born in 1885.

Roy Mustang

November 19, 1885.
Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster

People born in the year of the rooster usually are good looking and like to show themselves off. Instead of being idle, they always appear to be decent and shrewd in public, even the most timid one of them.

They are shrewd and earnest in fulfilling their duties, talented in doing organizational work, and frank. They are also bold enough to
point out and criticize other people's unhealthy activities.

In addition, they are excellent actors.

All people born in the year of the rooster have a good chance to achieve fame because of their competence in the work. They excel in winning their superiors' appreciation by wisdom and high efficiency.

In a word, people born in the year of the rooster, are usually bloated with pride and are sure to leave a deep impression on others, whether one of respect or one of disgust.

WOOD ROOSTER - 1885, 1945, 2005

No matter how well meaning his intentions may be, prescribing unrelieved clockwork and regimentation may drive his subordinates crazy.

Wood makes him progress-oriented, and when Wood is matched with his virtuous qualities of honesty and integrity, he will excel in his performance and his charts and graphs will amaze everyone.
Open-minded, fair and sociable, he can give unselfishly of himself to the welfare of others. He will seek to contribute to or improve existing social conditions. Desirous of congeniality, he will seek close association with the people he works with and will have excellent record of reliability.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Dec 28 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Very nice, tokage and Ninie. biggrin.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 28 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #4

awesome, Ninie! i wasn't expecting a chinese zodiac accomplice! XD that's so awesome, i'm a rooster too! *clings to Roy* we match! XD XD XD

okay, Edo's was a little more difficult to pin... Since in the anime, Edo's birthday was in wintertime, and matched Elysia's, there were more specifics. Gracia was 5 months pregnant in October, so carried to term 4 months later would put Elysia and Edo's birthday somewhere mid-February-ish... So in consulting the book, I thought February 13th was most like Edo, even tho he doesn't really fit a typical Aquarius profile...

Aquarian Traits

Friendly and humanitarian
Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Independent and intellectual

Downfalls of...

Intractable and contrary
Perverse and unpredictable
Unemotional and detached

EDIT: likes and dislikes

* Dreaming and Planning for the Future
* Thinking of the Past
* Good Companions
* Having Fun

DISLIKES
* Full of Air Promises
* Excessive Loneliness
* The Ordinary
* Imitations
* Idealistic

O_o Edo's not perverse... Tho he is rather unpredictable... meh, i guess he's a closet Aquarius... anyway...even so, I think Feb 13th would be Edo and Elysia's Birthday:

"The energetic {oh Lord yes...} individuals born on February 13th are usually up for anything stimulating...within reason. They seek out exciting events and themselves enjoy being in the spotlight. In fact, many born on this day qualify as outright exhibitionists. Volatile individuals, those born on this day find it difficult to keep secrets or contain their thoughts for very long. Indeed, their frankness and emotional spontaneity can land them in plenty of trouble.

Their rational side is actually quite well-developed, and their minds facile, but sometimes there is an apparent split between their brain and their body, their head and their heart. Thus they can be quite disconnected, failing to apply the brakes to their feelings...

February 13th people have to locate and remian in touch with their center, and perhaps dig deeper into their complex personalities if they wish to move along in their personal development."

it says those born on the 13th of the month are ruled by the number 4 and the planet uranus, which is both erratic and explosive {sounds like Edo to me...}. the number 4 traditionally represents rebellion {yup, sounds like Edo} idiosyncratic belifs, and a desire to change the rules. "Such characteristics are heightened in February 13th people because explosive Uranus {i'm sorry, that just sounds so wrong... unsure.gif } also governs their sign of Aquarius. They must, therefore, control their temper, and resist violent impulses {not gonna happen}."

It also says that Feb 13th people are accident-prone...which seems appropriate...

so...thoughts? >_< i'm afraid to think how this will affect Elysia later in her life...if she and Edo share a birthday...

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 28 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Hum, interesting! Then, we have Ed:

Edward Elric

Febuary, 13, 1899
Aquarius (The best sign of the zodiac biggrin.gif )
And boar.

The boar 'adult' personality didn't really fit, so I looked at the child personality. He is, after, still a child, right?

The Boar child will be self- reliant, sociable and easy to deal with. Dependable and determined, he will lead in school activities and acquire prestige by his perseverance and dedication. This youngster will be courageous in the face of great odds and he will not whimper or complain., As a matter of fact, he will be endowed with a remarkably strong body and can withstand a good deal of pain and suffering without crying.

He will punish himself with remorse and guilt instead of blaming anyone else.

The Boar child will put all his strength, conviction and dedication behind anything he undertakes.

Whatever he does, you will find this child constantly looking for more ways to work off his huge supply of energy. Wherever he is, you will find a lot of togetherness. He loves to seal relationships with a special glue of his own. In him, you will see unselfishness and a truly great passion for living.

As an adult:

Honest as these persons are, they usually achieve success by hard work rather than by cheating or stealing.

They have a strong passion and good energy and patience for their work. But sometimes their excessive energy will become the bane of reprobation. When they fail to distinguish the harm in some of the fun they enjoy, they may be easily used by evil people and sink into vice.

They will be hard-working all their lives, sparing no effort in doing everything. Though too much energy will eventually cost them, they can have smooth sailing all the same with the help of their pleasant character.

They say he's patient... Well, Ed isn't patient with others coughroycough, but with his work... First to find the stone

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

he seems really patient. Most people would have abandonned after all those years.

Well, he doesn't fit as well as Roy, but Ed is rather... unique, so, it's hard to place him well!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Dec 28 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

I dunno about that, it seems like just about all that fits for Edward. happy.gif

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 28 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #7

i agree, that seems pretty accurate. once he grows up a little more, i bet that will be right on the nose.

*is still beside herself that she and roy have the same chinese zodiac*

okay...so who should we do next?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 28 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Major)

Hum, Riza? I think she's 25 in 1914, born in 1889. That would make her an Ox, and that fits very well, I think.

People born in the year of the ox are steady, plain and quiet. They arrange things systematically and they are patient and tireless.

Because people born in the year of the ox are reliable and steady, they are trusted by their superiors or persons in authority.Where there is responsibility, you will always find them.

Their dauntless character and logical way of thinking is covered up by their plain appearance. Their intelligence and nimbleness are covered up by their reticence and restrained manner. Although they may be introverted by nature, when an opportunity is presented they can become quite dignified and eloquent speakers. They face danger fearlessly, and betray no fear in face of threats. They have a natural and intense trust in themselves. All of these features help them to put everything into order in times of trouble.

People born in the year of the ox do things in an orderly way. They follow settled rules, respect traditional concepts, and always do things the way other people want them to. So people can foresee what they will do the next. They believe that only those who have a down to earth style of work may never be defeated.

But people born in the year of the ox depend on their own tenacious will and active spirit of devotion. They never believe in chance, keep their words, and once a word is spoken will not take it back even when pulled by a team of four horses (what is said cannot be unsaid). They take an indifferent attitude towards common biases. They will do their jobs with single-hearted devotion, and never give up when something is half-way done.

If you are lucky enough to marry a woman born in the year of the ox, you will find that she is a serious person. She will iron your clothing like your mother once did, never forgetting to fold the newspaper on your desk, and will make you delicious breakfasts. She will be very neat and always punctual. After your marriage you will never lack clean clothing, you will never wear stockings with holes in them, and you will never have to eat burnt food. Thus she will be an ideal wife. ( tongue.gif Lucky Roy)

People born in the year of the ox are very patient. But they can be horrible if they lose their tempers. At such times they will lose their senses and attack those who hurt them like angry bulls. The only way to cool the anger of a person such as this is to stand away from him and let him cool down gradually. But there is no need to worry, they will not get into a fight unless they are driven beyond the limits of forbearance.

Their words are the rules of their family. They know how to give an order and how to make others follow their order. They hope other people carry out their orders firmly and adhere to their principles on key matters. Although they do not easily become excited, they love their wives and children and they are willing to do anything for them.

About Earth Oxen:

Although he may not be sensitive or very emotional by nature, he is capable of sincere and lasting affection and will be loyal and steadfast to his loved ones and his principles.

Oh, and, just for fun:

OX and ROOSTER
Excellent union. Very successful team. Will have no difficulty in communicating with each other. Will find love and happiness together.

wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Hex-Sama
post Dec 29 2004, 01:23 AM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,084

@Tokage: Have you ever gone to notashrimp.com ? I think the person who made that site has edward's date of birth, but then again I'm not sure. And you think Edward is a Aquarius? Cool! I'm an Aquarius! AQUARIANS UNITE! laugh.gif It's funny actually, cause almost all the people that I care about most in my life are born in Feburaury too. My sis is on groundhogs day, my bf is on the 5th, I'm on the 9th, and Edward ( I'm hoping biggrin.gif ) is on the 13th!

As for helping out with the dates, I'm not as smart as you and Ninie laugh.gif , so I'm not that much help. Sorry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
telepika
post Dec 29 2004, 02:22 AM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 1,937

Hmmm... I'm an aquarius too... Yay Edo-kun, we have something in common!!! (Besides both being short, smart, oldest sibling... I'm stopping don't worry. biggrin.gif)

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 29 2004, 02:40 AM
Post #11

actually, i think edo is more of an aries personality, but since his DOB was narrowed down to jan or feb because of when it happened in the anime, i had no choice but to find an aquarian date that suited him... the aquarian of the group i think is more riza's dept, to be honest... i think she's a capricorn/aquarius cusp... and i will write why tomorrow, because it's like 4am and i have to work...so... yeah. but i think she's more aquarian than edo. dern bones anyway...putting edo's birthday where it doesn't belong... ;p

PS: hex, that site shows edo's bday as being in october...but unless arakawa-sensei released something i don't know about, that can't be right... where the heck does it snow in october?

and ninie, nice profile for riza's chinese zodiac. XD hurray for oxen and rooster union! XD

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nemu
post Dec 29 2004, 07:05 AM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,416

I haven't read it all... but now I understand why Roy day is November 19th.

... that's close to my own birthday! =O

And actually, Sagittarius is a firesign. Scorpio is water, yes.

+Quote Post
Nemu
post Dec 29 2004, 07:11 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,416

By the way~.

I'm a Sagittarius and thus a fire sign, and I share a lot of Roy traits.

Hold on while I look up the whole border of Scorpio/Sag thing...
Ah. It would be more logical if it were November 22 or 23. =D

+Quote Post
Hex-Sama
post Dec 29 2004, 11:38 AM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,084

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 29 2004, 02:40 AM)

PS: hex, that site shows edo's bday as being in october...but unless arakawa-sensei released something i don't know about, that can't be right...  where the heck does it snow in october?

Actually, where I live, *cough* North Dakota *cough*, it snows in October. That's probably because the state is up north aways biggrin.gif . I LOVE SNOW! *runs outside and makes snow angels laugh.gif *

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 29 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #15

*bows to hex*. athousand apologies, heh, i didn't mean to dis north dakota. happy.gif;; i live in VA and we're lucky if we get snow by january... it's just that central city and the surrounding areas struck me as having...a mid-latitude, you know? 'central'? didn't strike me as a terrible northern city, and remember they didn't have to head too far south to get to dublith (what the heck is the official spelling??) to see izumi...? *shrug*

october 11th would make him a...libra....

"Diplomaitic and urbane
Romantic and charming
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable"

uhm... edo is definitely not a libra... heh heh...'diplomatic' is definitely NOT a word comes to mind when edo's name is mentioned...na?

drats, i have to go to work, but i'll be back later this evening and go into all the rest of what's been asked...and put up a birthday for riza. biggrin.gif thanks for reading, everyone! eee, people are indulging my weird astrology hobbies! XD

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css