+Quote Post
Winkle
post Feb 20 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #32

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,948

They used the same gate.

[spoiler]When Winry was talking about how Ed won't let her wait for him anymore, you see briefly that the ship is steered downwards, heading back to the hole into the underground city where the gate was.[/spoiler]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 21 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

Did Winry really say that Ed wouldn't let her wait for him anymore? The one I saw said, "Ed, you didn't wait for me again." That means something totally different, that she would have gone with him both times but he didn't wait for her to come. That's why I didn't see it as her giving up in any sense. Also, right before Ed heads back through the gate he tells Al to "take care of Winry." So there was stuff being set up and then NOTHING. It gets me steamed just thinking about it!

I went back and was watching part of the movie and I noticed that Ed is definitely STILL REALLY short! That makes me happy, Ed wouldn't be Ed if he were tall.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 2 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #34

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 21 2006, 03:06 AM) [snapback]352644[/snapback]
Did Winry really say that Ed wouldn't let her wait for him anymore?
Yap, if by literal translation of what Winry said in Japanese dialogue. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiroken
post Jun 29 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 37,898

[spoiler] Uh not sure if i should put this in this format but, I think that ed redrawing the circle was kindah symbolic in a way. Omost like proving to himself that the other events that had happend in his life really did exist just trying to prove to himself. I think Envy plays a big role of why the gate was able to be opened. Al says "I see the homonculi have become catalists over their as well, To transmute those coming from within the gate " The gate when Ed went though was transmuted from Al's side of the world. When Ed redraws the circle and transmutes it somehow envy remarks "Your still just a stupid little child" After the armor falls through the portal like thing ed says "Whats going on I didnt even do anything" I dont think Ed transmuted the circle more of that the gate took them back sorta im not sure but If you recall the gate glowed like that on the side of the world when Al preformed alchemy to fix the circle. [/spoiler]

+Quote Post
pickledevil
post Jul 10 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 38,197

To tell the truth was it really needed for Ed to go back to destroy the gate? Destroying one of the gates would probably suffice. And the military there would probably destroy it or something. And then there's that point about destroying the gates = destroying alchemy. I don't know, random thoughts.

Other than that, fab movie, though it made me so sad at the end for quite some days. -grins sheepishly-

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image My retarded smiley egg! I want a bread! Bread, I say!

+Quote Post
sachiko hyuuchi
post Jul 31 2006, 05:58 AM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 37,339

**spoilers**
The movie was really quite sad, and not to mention... UNEXPECTED!

sad things
1. Izumi died
2. Wrath died... it was unexpected since he was supposed to be a homunculi and therefore a "bad" guy mainly.
3.Alfons died

Unexpected things
1. Ed actuaclly left the alchemic world
2. There weren't something about the pairs of EdxWinry or MustangxHawkeye
3. Winry carries Ed's automail around in a case O.o must be heavy
4. Ed still has his automail
5. Al looks like the young Ed 0.0 i mean his costume
6. THEY CAN'T USE ALCHEMY?!?! what's the point of fullmetal ALCHEMIST then

the happy things ... well ... are that ed and al are finally together... and that.. ed is finally somewhat taller lol

--------------------
¸.´¯`*.¸.*´¯`ºOne is All and All is Oneº´¯`*.¸.´¯`*.¸.·´
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Amber_Alchemist
post Oct 7 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 41,263

I think it would be cool if when Ed and Al find the atom bomb, the military is fooling around with it. Trying to see how it works, how to duplicate it. It, then, goes off. And because it was made in Amestris, it creates a rip in space linking both of the worlds. Only briefly, of course. I can think of everything that would take place. It would be a sequel to Conquer of Shambala. When the film is almost over, it shows what happens to everyone(and I mean everyone). How they were affected by it all. Then, during the credits, there would be a bunch of silly scenes involving everyone. Sort of like the endings to the Inuyasha movies. That would be priceless. What does everyone think?

--------------------
Tread carefully on the path before you... You don't ever know what you'll find there.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 7 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

The film tends to get a lot of people who can't concieve of Edward and Al's predicament at the end of it. They don't just want all plot points tided up, they want it nice a clean as well. The real world isn't so clean-cut, people. I'm actually glad they opted for the ending they did. Nobody could have seen them staying. Nobody.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Ed's golden eyes
post Oct 9 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 41,860

Did anyone else find it strange that Ed seemed quite blunted emotionally? I can understand him being a bit depressive and subdued because of his circumstances. But I just don't understand why he seems so indifferent to Al! All this time of seperation, his greatest goal has been to see his little brother again. to be together again. So why are his reactions to Al so lacking?

[spoiler] You can see a bit of the emotional response going on beneath the surface the first time they reunite temporarily in Berlin. After that, though, Ed doesn't really even seem to care that much if he sees Al again! Heidrich has to practically force him into the rocket and through the gate. Then, he's prepared to leave back to our world, forever, and doesn't say so much as goodbye to Al. So what happened to his motivation? Why isn't he thrilled to see his brother? He doesn't hug him, tell him he's glad to see him, anything. It just seems so strange when Al has always been his reason for living.[/spoiler]

Does anyone have any insight into why Ed is so unemotional about the whole thing? I'd love to hear other peoples' thoughts on this!

+Quote Post
Munich!FMA
post Oct 10 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 41,691

Well, the way I saw it was that his sole motivation remained to find Al, but so many things came up that he had to temporarily forget about his problems and focus on the big picture. Consider:

• One reason he might not have wanted to go back was because he realized that, if he did, it would create an opportunity for the Thules to get to his world.

• Those two have a connection that no one else can comprehend. Maybe when Ed left, Al knew before Ed even said anything that Ed HAD to leave, HAD to close the Gate, and he was crying because he realized that that was the way it had to be.

• I think all of this is backed up by what Ed says at the end— "We can't keep thinking we're all that matter." He wanted to see and stay with his brother more than anything, but he realized that there were bigger things than the two of them going on in both worlds and that it was partly his job to see it all to a close.

What we learned throughout the series is that Ed is a very sensible and [mostly] emotionally mature person, and he can recognize easily what's right and wrong and has to be done. I think midway (or before) through the movie, he begins to understand that if he doesn't get involved in anything to do with his world or the Gate, then the Thules can't harm his world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ed's golden eyes
post Oct 10 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 41,860

QUOTE(Munich!FMA @ Oct 10 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]458022[/snapback]

Well, the way I saw it was that his sole motivation remained to find Al, but so many things came up that he had to temporarily forget about his problems and focus on the big picture. Consider:

• One reason he might not have wanted to go back was because he realized that, if he did, it would create an opportunity for the Thules to get to his world.

I definitely agree with you on this point. What I still don't understand is, when everything is said and done and Al has followed him through to our side, Ed doesn't seem very happy or, really, affected much at all. I really was expecting him to at least shed a tear or two at some point.

I understand that Ed was willing to make the sacrifice of seperating himself from Al. He just seems to not care all that much, and I find that strange.

+Quote Post
Munich!FMA
post Oct 11 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 41,691

All I can add is that in the two years where Ed's been stranded, he's become emotionally...tame, I guess, is the word. Maybe he's just matured. I dunno. I just don't think he's that emotional of a person anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
juggalo
post Oct 11 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 41,874

the movie was a big let down for me, nothing was really resolved, ed and al are stuck forever in the wrong world, and we dont get to see what happens to any of the other characters

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Oct 11 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 20 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]352413[/snapback]

In the Anime they discussed the fact that Roy would never be Fuhrer (or even make it any higher in the ranks) if he killed the Bradley. This was because no one would accept a leader who'd killed the previous leader. Roy said he didn't care because avenging Hughes was more important. Also, Bradley's body was destroyed so Roy had no evidence to prove what he really was. Ed was gone so he couldn't say, and Al couldn't remember. None of Roy's friends would be believed because they're his friends obviously. So you have Roy attacking Central and killing the Fuhrer because he CLAIMS that the Fuhrer was a bad guy. Obviously he was at least partly believed because he wasn't arrested or executed. It makes sense though, that once everything calmed down and the new Parliament was established that one of the things they would do was punish Roy. Again, the fact that they merely demoted him and stuck him in the boondocks showed a major concession on their part in that they were willing to accept his word at least in part. Anyway, that's my reasoning on it. smile.gif

Maybe one of the reasons he was in a "snowy place", is because his punishment was to be exciled?

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:03 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css