HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 947 948 949 950 951 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #14221

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,737

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 14 2009, 01:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Makika @ Apr 14 2009, 05:41 PM) *
Yeah, I rebember that ("marry with my granddaughter)... But in my opinion, Mustang don't know who is Grummam's granddaughter and just follow the protocole, laughing and kidding for change the topic.

But I hope Arakawa will solve that in the next chapters, because after all, that thing about Grummam being Riza's Grandpa never appear in the manga, just in the guidebook. The only thing related is that "marry with my granddaughter". (what don't prove or clarify anything).

You think Roy wouldn't know that she's his granddaughter? I never thought of that for sure...

Why? How is your theory? Tell us biggrin.gif

(I know, if you think like a Mustang antagonist and a pessimistic person and don't cogitate Royai or Mustang's kind u will think: Well, Mustang never'll look to her if he don't know Riza is a General's granddaughter, and never will help her or something like this. He is selfish and a s*n of a b*tch.
I know Hiromu is unpredictable and no one have shure if she'll made something like this, but in everything I read and see about Roy, I don't think he is selfish or evil like this)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 14 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #14222

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

Maybe I take it for granted that he knows.
However, now you got me thinking... what if Christmas and Grumman knew about their 'son' and grand-daughter having an interest in each other and they're playing match-maker with them? XD
I know that might sound hilarious, but I suppose that Madame and Gramps know each other well...

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 14 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #14223

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I think Roy knows Riza is Grumman's granddaughter, alright. Even because he usually answers to questions about marriage a lot more rudely than just "Don't think so far ahead".

It's possible that Riza don't know about it, but, if she didn't, it wouldn't be stated so bluntly in the guidebook.
I think they just don't have like the closest relations even because they spent most of their lives not knowing about eachother. It gets a little hard to get intimate with such a past hanging over them.

And Kale - Roy really turned out just fine and I'm pretty sure Madame Chrismas was a wonderful step mother. But it's still funny the hole idea of Roy growing up on a brothel. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #14224

Apprentice

hahahaha, that'll be so hilarious, I'll laugh a lot if that happens...

*scene*
At Fuhrer's nomination. (Roy'll be the fuhrer in that case)
Grummam and Madam Xmas drinking a lot and laughing.
Roy and Riza look to them. They look to the couple and laugh more and more.
Roy and Riza are confused but ignore the scene.
After in the speeches, Grummam stand up and start to tell some plans about how he and Madam Xmas try to make Roy and Riza as a couple and how they successfully it.
Everyone look to Roy and Riza with that face "wow", *embarrassing Royai moment here*
*end*

hahahaha, I travel in the mayonnaise now... Ignore me. ssuihsuishiushuishuis

Turdaewen: Your theory make a lot of sense, it's really difficult get real family feelings with someone who u pratically don't know.
And thinking well, Roy and Grummam are really close, they play a lot of chess when Roy wasn't in the Central Headquarters yet. Maybe in one that games Grummam tell the truth to Roy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 14 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #14225

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 14 2009, 09:42 AM) *
And Kale - Roy really turned out just fine and I'm pretty sure Madame Chrismas was a wonderful step mother. But it's still funny the hole idea of Roy growing up on a brothel. XD

I'd say that for a little boy growing up in a brothel is by all means unconventional, but at the same time, I don't doubt that Madam Christmas and the rest of the girls probably tried to shield him from all the rough stuff and try to give him a fairly normal childhood. For Roy, I'm sure growing up in a place like that would also be a window for him on how to treat/not treat a woman.

If anything though, Roy probably saw it as he just growing up with his mom and a bunch of sisters - who probably spoiled him rotten.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 14 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #14226

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 14 2009, 06:42 PM) *

That's hilarious and ironic in a way. Even considering that his ladies-man facade after all is nothing less than part of the strategy: all his dates are ways to get more info on what is happening in Central and the rest of Amestris, the phone calls with women at the office are nothing less than calls with his Mustang-tachi (Elizabeth, Jacqueline anyone? XDD)... So... maybe the way he grew up (at Madame's place) continued to strengthen his strategic logic.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 14 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #14227

Major General

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 14 2009, 09:58 AM) *

That's hilarious and ironic in a way. Even considering that his ladies-man facade after all is nothing less than part of the strategy: all his dates are ways to get more info on what is happening in Central and the rest of Amestris, the phone calls with women at the office are nothing less than calls with his Mustang-tachi (Elizabeth, Jacqueline anyone? XDD)... So... maybe the way he grew up (at Madame's place) continued to strengthen his strategic logic.

Charm, self-assurance, determination, brains, & good looks will get you far if you plan on aspiring to be president one day. Manipulating your reputation so that everyone underestimates you will benefit you even more. See, growing up in a brothel totally has it advantages. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #14228

Apprentice

QUOTE (Kale @ Apr 14 2009, 02:26 PM) *
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 14 2009, 09:58 AM) *

Charm, self-assurance, determination, brains, & good looks will get you far if you plan on aspiring to be president one day. Manipulating your reputation so that everyone underestimates you will benefit you even more. See, growing up in a brothel totally has it advantages. laugh.gif

Hahaha, yeeah, Roy knows use this for his advantage. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #14229

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Nah. Who said he was growin up there, I'm sure he lived somewhere else. Not in the brothel.
Later, I think, he was forced to live somewhere near Daddy Hawkeye. Bad influence, hahaha xD

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 14 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #14230

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

But he definitely got that hole 'protected little brother', thing from the girls. Always listening to they speak how not to treat a woman and how he should grow up to be a gentleman. lol
You're right! It's certain he has used that knowledge to his advantage to build his 'ladies' man slash lazy bastard' facade XD

He's very smart to have created that mascarade of his to hide what he was doing.
I guess it becomes pretty clear it actually works like a charm at that chapter they invade Madame Christmas store. ^^

And he might have lived part of his childhood elsewhere, of course, but I trully think that the time he spent under Madame Christmas was very important to shape the Roy we see today.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #14231

State Alchemist (Major)

I loved it when Madame Christmas said "Shouldn't you been playing with Elizabeth?".

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #14232

Apprentice

Well, actually we knows he is registered like Madam Xmas son (her real name is Chris... Mustang), so we can conclude that she is his foster mother, so she creates Roy. Obviously.

Maybe he don't grew up IN the brothel, but he have to went there sometimes with her mother. After he became papa Hawkeye's aprenttice and the frequency decreased, but he still made contact with her mom and the brothel anyway...
Later, he create that system of information based in the "dates", and of course his childhood influenced in that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 14 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #14233

Major General

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 14 2009, 12:31 PM) *
But he definitely got that hole 'protected little brother', thing from the girls. Always listening to they speak how not to treat a woman and how he should grow up to be a gentleman. lol
You're right! It's certain he has used that knowledge to his advantage to build his 'ladies' man slash lazy bastard' facade XD

He's very smart to have created that mascarade of his to hide what he was doing.
I guess it becomes pretty clear it actually works like a charm at that chapter they invade Madame Christmas store. ^^

And he might have lived part of his childhood elsewhere, of course, but I trully think that the time he spent under Madame Christmas was very important to shape the Roy we see today.

Agreed. And it's pretty clear that he really cares for his rather unconventional family and vice versa (I always liked the part in chapter 87 where Roy basically said, "I wish she'd stop treating me like a kid" as Madam Christmas walks off).

I've always liked the idea that whenever he visits Madam Christmas' place, aside from intelligence gathering, Roy's actually there to hang out with his mom and "sisters" - if only to have some semblance of normalcy.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #14234

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Kale @ Apr 14 2009, 01:49 PM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 14 2009, 12:31 PM) *

Agreed. And it's pretty clear that he really cares for his rather unconventional family and vice versa (I always liked the part in chapter 87 where Roy basically said, "I wish she'd stop treating me like a kid" as Madam Christmas walks off).

I've always liked the idea that whenever he visits Madam Christmas' place, aside from intelligence gathering, Roy's actually there to hang out with his mom and "sisters" - if only to have some semblance of normalcy.

You both are sure right wink.gif.

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #14235

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

You guys post too fast LOL I'm gone for a few days, and I had to read ten pages (not that reading all about RoyAi is a bad thing, though) XDDD

First and foremost, welcome to all the new, old, and returning members! This forum has become very active recently! *does victory dance*

Let's see, so much I missed out on

- I haven't watched the episode yet, but that sucks that they changed the translation to a plural. I could have sworn the manga did that once...like the online one focused out Riza as a hostage for Wrath and the VIZ just said that "everyone's a hostage!" but that wasn't a big deal, but it just reminded me of that. (being someone that can recite practically every RoyAi scene, i pick up on the stupidest of things LMAO)

- Madame Christmas and Grumman as matchmakers is a hilarious image. I'd love to read a fan fic about that, like how it began or something. I can just see them spying on little Riza and little Roy talking to one another and then whispering to each other, "Don't they look cute together?" and thus the conspiracy begins LOL

- I think the reason why everyone got so riled up over Roy being vengeful in the manga (forgetting about the anime) is for either what has been mentioned before, they peopel forgot about the anime, or what it is in my case - I've become emotionally attached to the characters of the manga, Roy in particular, and anime!Roy never made me feel anything other than annoyance, really. Their personalities are just so different...the way they talk and everything...that seeing the dorky manga!Roy we know and love become this enraged seemed bigger to me than seeing the anime!Roy who always appeared to be short-tempered lose control. I can totally understand the aftermath of anime!Roy's revenge and I can see both Roys being led to the same fate, but the two characters are so diffedrent that I felt entirely different things as I read the manga compared to watching the anime.
Plus, the "RoyAi" in the anime is kind of strange, don't you think? I felt something more as I read Riza pulling a gun on Roy than I did even the in anime as she cried over his body... I don't know if it's just me or not, but I buy the relationship between them so much more in the manga.
Plus...(sorry for rambling!)...animeRoy didnt fight directly for Hughes, did he? I remember him killing Wrath, but he was directly responsible for Hughes' death, if I'm sitll making sense.

Yeah sorry for such a large block of text. I still understand anime!Roy and his reasons for revenge and his guilt afterwards, but he and manga!Roy are so different to me that it just seemed bigger and better in the manga.

One last thing - I didn't mention this before, but I love your avatar, Makika! So pretty~

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 947 948 949 950 951 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css