HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 26 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #16546

Alchemists

Group: Members
From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Hey there, Miss MP!

Well, I want to say both of them will hopefully have their happy ending- storyline-wise, anyway. And I truly hope they do. But between the two of them, who's to say anything? I know I want them to end up together, but something like a wedding or something sudden to that extent might actually make me go and wrinkle my brow, because, I dunno, I'm not use to this "style" (if you get what I'm trying to say). I've grown accustomed to Arakawa's way of approaching things in the manga and a sudden "I love you" will cause two things out of me:

1)Complete disbelief- in a good way cuz I'd be like "Holy Swear Word! OMGOMGOMG! S/He finally said it!"
2)Complete disbelief- in an awkward way becase I'd be like "This has never happened to me before in any anime/manga I've read; something weird must be going on."

Eh, I dunno. I think too much on these kind of circumstances. I continously contradict myself, so ignore me and my train of thought as it decides to stray into a forest without a trail. wacko.gif I don't think this even made any sense...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tasogare-san
post Jun 26 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #16547

Citizen

Member No.: 69,385

I saw a comic that Hakoyanagi had put up on the... 10th? I think?
I loved it!!
It's such a cute comic, though, Hako! Reminds me of mt friend Eve's style. biggrin.gif

OT:
I was on here for the first 2 days of the Royai festival... Then my computer went on the fritz after my brother unplugged our external hard drive. I've been reading through all posts since then to catch up... 3 more pages to go!

Sorry if this this is extremely random but ^^"
I'm on my PSP right now and everything is absurdly difficult to do... PLEASE FORGIVE ME! That and I have no clue what I'm talking about today... Still getting over being sick for the past week with god-knows-what.

EDIT: For some reason it keeps saying "curious" even though I typed random, not "curious". Is this some freak word filter? Every time I tried to fix it, it would say CURIOUS again.

<Yes, it is the board's word filter doing that. ^^ ~ Board Staff>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Jun 26 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #16548

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jun 26 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Miss MP--Hello and welcome!

I agree with you all on wanting a happy ending, but I don't think it's going to be totally rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, ponies... you get the picture. (Not that anyone was really saying that to begin with, anyway, but I digress.) Don't get me wrong--I think they definitely have the potential to turn out happily, but there's always going to be Ishbal, no matter how much they do. Survivor's guilt and all that. Still... they deserve to be happy. I guess we'll see!

Hm, a better word to replace "happy" would most likely be "closure" that very subtly canon; something not terribly open-ended as for anyone to really worry about whether or not they were together. And I agree with you that there will be none of the sugarcoating rainbows, especially due to the fact that their relationship has never stressed that sort of innocent element, which is likely one of the reasons I'm so attracted to it in the first place.

QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Jun 26 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Hey there, Miss MP!

Well, I want to say both of them will hopefully have their happy ending- storyline-wise, anyway. And I truly hope they do. But between the two of them, who's to say anything? I know I want them to end up together, but something like a wedding or something sudden to that extent might actually make me go and wrinkle my brow, because, I dunno, I'm not use to this "style" (if you get what I'm trying to say). I've grown accustomed to Arakawa's way of approaching things in the manga and a sudden "I love you" will cause two things out of me:

1)Complete disbelief- in a good way cuz I'd be like "Holy Swear Word! OMGOMGOMG! S/He finally said it!"
2)Complete disbelief- in an awkward way becase I'd be like "This has never happened to me before in any anime/manga I've read; something weird must be going on."

Eh, I dunno. I think too much on these kind of circumstances. I continously contradict myself, so ignore me and my train of thought as it decides to stray into a forest without a trail. wacko.gif I don't think this even made any sense...

A wedding does seem like overkill, as does the direct approach of an "I love you", due in part, again, to the fact that "I love you" strikes me as a young, innocent closure to a relationship that deals much more with mature guilt and more adult themes than anything else.

Edit: And thank you for the welcomes, everyone. =)

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jun 26 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #16549

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

I think that there will be something but in a hidden way, you know, nothing explicit like some flash announcement of i love yous in the door of the central HQ xD

Well i hope that because i want my happy royai dosis
PS: welcome Miss MP ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Jun 26 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #16550

Citizen

Judging by the way people react to the relationship / bond of Roy and Riza in the manga, I would say it would the indication of others that would tip the audience off. For example, Ed seeing one of them and assuming the other should be around, or isn't far behind. Hughes' wife joke, and the "marrying my daughter" line [ironically following it up with "jumping the GUN"]. Other characters that are around Roy and Riza often are used to them "arguing", or having their little tiffs about whatever.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jun 26 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #16551

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

I'm not so sure how I would react if Roy or Riza were to say "I love you" to the other..... I think that if they both survive they will end up together, but I don't think that we'll see it happen directly. Hopefully Arakawa will give us some closure-- not anything drastic or over-the-top like a straight "I love you" or a wedding, but something subtle like showing wedding rings maybe. But as much as I'd like to say I'm realistic and that I'm not expecting much, the fangirl inside of me is still dying for a wedding scene.... Go figure.

On another note, I'm amazed with all of the fantastic fan-works that came out of the Royai festival... which I missed due to my computer crashing on the day before the start. My luck is terrible. Everyone who contributed is amazing, and I compliment you all on your amazing work! I just regret I couldn't be a part of it....

By the way, could anyone tell me where the song list was posted? Any help would be much appreciated!

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 26 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #16552

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

@tasogare-san
XD Same happened to me... Tombow explained to me that it was a filter.. Hehe.

So what does everyone think of as an ideal ending for Roy/Riza in the manga? People have mentioned a wedding, wedding rings...etc. What else would you like to happen? I'm trying desperately to think of something I'd like to see... but I'm stumped. (Besides that darn kiss! Have I mentioned that enough?!) Mini Roy and Riza running around??? (KIDS?!) Lol I'd probably die of shock... Actually I've never liked that sort of thing happening in manga/anime, where the epilogue is just... everyone with KIDS! It's too weird! I'm going to leave it up to Arakawa-sensei... but still, it's nice to fantasize about the possibilities!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Jun 26 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #16553

Citizen

I tend to dislike Mini-mee's in manga / anime endings; it strikes me as a copout because they couldn't think of a different story for the characters other than to settle and have children. Even when the people involved are very "children" people.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Jun 26 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #16554

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

Ok, I know I am going off topic again, but just wondering:

What are your predictions on what will happen next with Mustang and Hawkeye?

Right now it could go in any direction. Here are some of my thoughts:

- Mustang will continue to have Hawkeye along as support

1) However, I don't see him as so naive as to think she would be able to fend anything besides maybe chimeras off. "Bullets don't work on anything these days"

- Mustang will insist on Hawkeye fleeing

1) Naturally, Hawkeye would insist on staying with him, and then maybe it would blow into an argument with Mustang spilling the things we want to hear (for example, a less cheesy form of "Because I can't lose you too!" or "I can't let you die!" or "Because you mean too much to me!" LAWL) and then the others get suspicious EL OH EL

SO CREATIVE LAWL.

But I agree with you all - With Hawkeye and Mustang, there is no way it would be something like a straightfoward "I love you". It would definitely be a very subdued form of it, but the confirmation would be from the characters with them at the time seeing their actions.

Y tu? What do you all think?

(BTW - I don't really care if you disagree with me on these little ramblings of mine or anything. I think they might be a little too predictable with Arakawa, but it was just what I saw could happen in the current scenario.)

On the kids issue, I can see it going more towards of them just being together without children. I think they would be more than enough for each other, and I bet Hawkeye would be too focused on Mustang and her duties as well as Mustang and his duty being Fuhrer (if he becomes one, that is. Which is also debatable...I'm in the middle on that one).

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jun 26 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #16555

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

AAARRGGGHHH Arakawa-sensei is just so unpredictable!!! laugh.gif happy.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 26 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #16556

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Jun 26 2009, 08:05 PM) *
Ok, I know I am going off topic again, but just wondering:

What are your predictions on what will happen next with Mustang and Hawkeye?

Right now it could go in any direction. Here are some of my thoughts:

- Mustang will continue to have Hawkeye along as support

1) However, I don't see him as so naive as to think she would be able to fend anything besides maybe chimeras off. "Bullets don't work on anything these days"

- Mustang will insist on Hawkeye fleeing

1) Naturally, Hawkeye would insist on staying with him, and then maybe it would blow into an argument with Mustang spilling the things we want to hear (for example, a less cheesy form of "Because I can't lose you too!" or "I can't let you die!" or "Because you mean too much to me!" LAWL) and then the others get suspicious EL OH EL

I think it will most definitely be scenario one, with Hawkeye staying along and doing what she can. She's obviously limited in her abilities, and when it comes time to deal with Wrath and Pride it might be better for her to stay out of the way because

1) "Bullets don't work on anything these days!" (I love that line laugh.gif)
2) They could go after her in an attempt to throw off Roy

and so in that case I think having Riza going back to assist with some other part of the goings on would be plausible, and that would probably be mutually decided by Roy and Riza because they're pretty realistic in terms of what they can and can't do. However, if this were to be the case I think we'd definitely get a "don't die!" moment between them (aww).

But I definitely don't think that Mustang would insist that Riza flee. He's always wanted her by his side, and the only times he's suggested that she leave him were in the event of something happening to him. So I could see him saying something like "if anything happens to me please keep yourself safe", but I think he's well aware of how much he needs her around lol and so I doubt he'd want to get rid of her. Also, she would give him hell if he tried to pull something like that laugh.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Jun 27 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #16557

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

QUOTE (KidAkabane @ Jun 25 2009, 08:59 PM) *
Yes, the lust fight! I can't wait, it'll be awesome! And Ross' great escape, Dr. Knox, the Xing gang...man I really REALLY gotta catch up on brotherhood. tongue.gif

Since Funimation messed up there for over a little three weeks, I missed like, four in a half episodes of FMA:Brotherhood. I still ain't really caught up to it yet. But from what I've herd, I don't think they have gotten that far. They are only on episode 12. 13 on Sunday. The only thing I could really think how far they are in the whole "Royai" thing, I think it's the Roy and Grumman chess scene.

Eh. That was was just to get that out there. Anyways, the scene I am looking forward to is the (don't mean to sound like a broken record when I say this but...) the Papa Hawkeye appearance. AKA chapter 58. I'm really interested in hearing his voice. Is it going to be deep, soft, high pitched? What? The suspense is basically killing me. However, I am to looking forward to the Lieutenant.Ross's "great escape". I have to say, when I read that in the Manga, I was quite sadden at this. But then a few chapters later, it's safe to sat that I was surprised when she popped right back up. It was all like, "what..?" lol. I always liked how Roy mentioned to Ed (to give him a hint that Ross was still alive) "There are many beautiful woman there." Haha. Loved that. XD

Also, did Ling ever appear in the first Anime? Some people say he did. But I don't recall ever him being there.

Meh. Went a little bit off topic there.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 27 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #16558

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

@Forgiven: It's OT, but just to answer your question, Ling was never in the first anime because the plot changed and never followed the manga. He'll be showing his face soon in FMA:B though. smile.gif

Back on topic: I agree with Aribelle, it'll probably be the first one. Mustang and Hawkeye should stick together until the end biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jun 27 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #16559

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Jun 26 2009, 08:05 PM) *
But I definitely don't think that Mustang would insist that Riza flee. He's always wanted her by his side, and the only times he's suggested that she leave him were in the event of something happening to him. So I could see him saying something like "if anything happens to me please keep yourself safe", but I think he's well aware of how much he needs her around lol and so I doubt he'd want to get rid of her. Also, she would give him hell if he tried to pull something like that laugh.gif.

this is familiar to me...there isn't a moment like this in the manga when he went to "see" the fuhrer ? and she wait out, but before they have an argument about that she didn't want to leave with a pair of eyes of a soldier watching them" Oh...i love that scene...im going to look for it lalala biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andie
post Jun 27 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #16560

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

Hi, Miss MP! Nice to know that the Royai brigade's still going strong! tongue.gif

It is hard to read into Arakawa's mind! She seems to enjoy putting red herrings everywhere, so that all our theories turn out wrong! That's why I kinda gave up theorising about what will happen!

As for Roy and Riza's ending... I agree with Miss MP, ending their story with one of them saying 'I love you' seems a bit too much.

I wouldn't mind, 'tho, if it finished a bit like the old anime. You remember the scene with the apple? I thought Roy had such a sweet look on his face, like he really did have one of the most beautiful thing in the world in front of him! It says a lot about his feelings, but without too much cheesiness.

Also, for some reason, I always wanted the two of them to quit the military after all of this is over. I mean, they suffered quite a lot and they always lived to help people, without caring much about their own desires. I just want them to be selfish for once! And I wonder... if they really did quit the military, what kind of job could they have?

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 01:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css